** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Finland @ 2.13 pinnacle Like the look of the Finns here to take 3 points and start their Euro 2012 campaign on the right note. Defensively they look solid with the experience of Pasanen and Hyypiä there, while in midfield, while Forsell and Johansson have still got the ability to score goals. Moldova are a modest side with no players that stand out in their team. They struggled in the 2010 World Cup qualifiers as they only achieved 3 draws in their campaign. As for Finland, they finished creditable 3rd behind Germany and Russia in these qualifiers which included a 1-1 draw away to Germany. Like them to beat Moldova here as they know they need to start off strongly here in a group that features Holland and Sweden, so they cannot afford to let this one slip Sweden -1.5 @ 2.10 pinnacle The Swedes have beaten Hungary in their last 5 meetings which include winning 2-1 at home and away in the recent 2010 World Cup qualifiers. They have a pretty tough group with the Dutch and a Finnish side that is going to be competitve against them as any Scandinavian games usually are. Mellborg gives them some solidity in their defence while Kallstrom and Larsson give them some class in the midfield. Up front, Ibrahimovic and the inform duo of Elmander and Toivonen give them plenty of options to score goals. Hungary are a decent side but they face a Swedish side loaded with talent up front, and they are hard to beat at home. England -1.5 @ 1.95 pinnacle England has plenty of pressure on them to respond to a poor performance in the World Cup where much more was expected of them. This time around, their concerns in the goalkeeping department should be much more safer and certain with the very good form of Hart ensuring a start for them there. While the centre of defence is missing Terry and Ferdinand among others, the likes of Dawson, Jagielka and Lescott are still good players with Johnson and Cole expected to give them plenty of options when going forward. Really like their midfield as they have plenty of options. Barry and Gerrard in the middle with Walcott, Milner or Johnson down the flanks gives them quite of touch of class and then you have the likes of Rooney and Defoe to finish off these chances. Bulgaria have players like Stilian and Martin Petrov in midfield who will be well known to these players but the English are strng at home and expect them to start their Euro 2012 campaign on a strong note to wash away the pain of the World Cup failures Croatia -1 (AH) @ 2.13 Croatia were very disappointed not to have made the recent World Cup so they will be looking to ensure that they qualify for the Euros, and start off with a win in Latvia. Pletikosa in goals with Corlika and Simunic in the middle of the defence is pretty solid while Kranjcar, Rakitic and maybe Modric give them plenty of class in the middle. They are likely to play 3 up front with Petric, Eduardo and Olic all capable of scoring. Latvia will have players mainly from their domestic league and while they will be decent at home, they lack the class the Croatians have, and expect a fired up Croatian side to look to start their campaign with a good win here Germany -1 (AH) @ 2.21 German football is on the rise after their impressive performance in the recent World Cup and expect their young players to have benefited from this experience. Belgium too has a good young side but the Germans look way ahead of them. In the midfield especially where the difference will be notable as players like Ozil, Khedira and Muller stood out in South Africa and their incisive and clinical play should be too much for the Belgium side that they are unbeaten against. The Germans showed that they are solid at the back, while Klose up front gives them that poaching ability to sniff out a chance and score

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September I think wales are a good price, with collins back and a better shape to the team than in previous years. Worry that none of the 3 goalkeepers are getting regular football but i think finally weve found an inform goalscorer who cant get stuck into a defense in morison. Cant see montenegro winning this game 50% of the time, not decided as yet whether to back Wales win or just lay montenegro.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September

Latvia v Croatia The Latvians are a difficult team to beat at home, losing only once in their last 11 home games, albeit against some pretty poor opposition. They don't concede many goals though, and havnt conceded 3 goals at home since 2004. Croatia arn't bad on the road however, and have only lost one away game since 2007, quite staggering considering they didnt reach the world cup. They don't score many goals though, and without Modric, who is out through injury, they lose a lot of creativity in the middle. So it looks like an unders game all over for me. Under 2.5 goals @ 4/5 - 5pts - Bet365
This is a pretty good bet JK, Latvia have gone Under 2.5 in there last 5 games, an Croatia have gone under in 3 of there last 4 games. I think i will take my chances Latvia v Croatia Under 2.5 goals @ 19/20 Hills Also with Hart in goal its got me thinking maybe England clean sheet, but i think i will sway that bet due to England's makeshift centre backs

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Slovenia - Northern Ireland
Selection Slovenia (-1) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.03
Reasoning Big quality difference in Slovenia's favour. NIR is not the team which could count on positive result on such hot ground like the one in Slovenia. Slovenia has great generation and they still have the momentum from WC. They should win this comfortably. GL

Sport Football (Internationals)
Event Slovakia - Macedonia
Selection Slovakia (-1) (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/09/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 2.01
Reasoning Watched hosts against Croatia and they sure look like a huge favourites here. Macedonia with many internal problems has also lack of quality in such matches. Don't see how will they stay unbeaten in Bratislava. Asian h'cap looks ok. GL

This is a pretty good bet JK, Latvia have gone Under 2.5 in there last 5 games, an Croatia have gone under in 3 of there last 4 games. I think i will take my chances Latvia v Croatia Under 2.5 goals @ 7/10 Hills
For these very reasons I like Croatia to win to nil here @ 2.62 (lads) Any of our corner experts looked at the england bulgaria game?

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Liechtenstein v Spain We all know that Villa is the goalscorer in this brilliant Spain team, and he needs two goals to surpass Raul and become Spains top all time goalscorer. He is an outrageous best price of 1.33 to score anytime, but is 3 to score 2 or more. Liechtenstein arent the mugs they once were, and can be resolute when the occasion takes them. But Villa wont get too many better chances to take a record that will put his name in history. David Villa to score 2 or more 1 point @ 3 (victorchandler)

For these very reasons I like Croatia to win to nil here @ 2.62 (lads) Any of our corner experts looked at the england bulgaria game?
As we no England do rack up a lot corners, but there's is no certainty that Bulgaria will be giving them away for fun. an with -5 @ 17/20 thats too short, an not worth the risk, i rather side with Bulgaria +5 corners, it represent much better value @ 6/5, an if England take the lead it furthers the chance of Bulgaria getting corners

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Lithuania v Scotland - Scotland @ 2.7 bet365 (single) I also think Scotland are well worth a bet at the odds here. Scotland's recent away record has been really poor but that was generally against stronger opposition and was under George Burley who's reign was pretty dire. Scotland are at their best under a defensive type manager who will have them organized and hard to beat and had good results away from home under previous managers who adopted this strategy. I don't think Scotland are a great side but man for man they look better than Lithuania. The last time these sides met Scotland won 2-1 in Lithuania and 3-1 at Hampden. It will be a tough game but I think Levein will play it tight and Scotland should have enough to eek out a one goal victory, 1-0 or 2-1- the odds are slightly higher than expected. Slovenia v Northern Ireland (8/13- general)- NI have improved a lot in recent years but as someone else said maybe they have missed the boat in terms of their main qualification opportunity. They will pick up points at home but Slovenia showed at the World Cup they are a very handy side and with home advantage the 8/13 generally on offer is a decent price. Belgium v Germany (4/7 general)- Germany were another side who impressed at the World Cup hammering England and Argentina playing a very attractive counter-attacking game. Belgium have some good young players themselves and could be a force in the near future but Germany are one of the strongest nations in World football right now with a young hungry team and should have too much for the home side. Sweden v Hungary (4/9 general)- As mentioned already Sweden have won the last 5 head to heads between the side and with a difficult group they will be determined to win this one. Up front Ibrahomivic will feel he has a point to prove while Elmander has started the season well at Bolton Latvia v Croatia-( 8/13- general)- Croatia have a very strong side and will have been disappointed not to reach the World Cup. They may miss Modric but have plenty of back up in Kranjcar and Olic who had a great season last year with Bayern. They should have too much for Latvia. Bets- single Scotland 5/10 Trebles & four-fold- Slovenia, Germany, Sweden & Croatia

As we no England do rack up a lot corners, but there's is no certainty that Bulgaria will be giving them away for fun. an with -5 @ 17/20 thats too short, an not worth the risk, i rather side with Bulgaria +5 corners, it represent much better value @ 6/5, an if England take the lead it furthers the chance of Bulgaria getting corners
Much appreciated. Was thinking england -6 for various reasons but I think you're right its a bit of a skanky bet :ok

I'd much rather be on England - 5.5 AH Corner Handicap. I think there's a very good chance we'll not win easily, and we always usually do well on corners. As for the odds, the odds for these bets are always around 50%, so you'll never get better odds. It's a judgement call, but as with many novelty bets, there is likely to be very little for the value seekers out there.

Andorra - Russia Even though Andorra is not a football nation compared to Russia they have improved in recent years and many top teams including Russia did not win in Andorra easily. Russia faced Andorra in two qualifying campaigns and while they won easily at home 4-0 (1997) and 6-1 (2008), their trips to Andorra were not easy and both times they won only by one goal 2-1 (1999) and 1-0 (2007). I do not expect Russia to have a walk in the park this time, because they are not a team that scores plenty of goals away. I see them winning by 1 or maximum 2 goals here. Andorra +3 @ 2.60 Paddy Power
Well done Andorra :beer

I'd much rather be on England - 5.5 AH Corner Handicap. I think there's a very good chance we'll not win easily, and we always usually do well on corners. As for the odds, the odds for these bets are always around 50%, so you'll never get better odds. It's a judgement call, but as with many novelty bets, there is likely to be very little for the value seekers out there.
England can pass 8 corner ? İn my bookies England over 8 corner : 1,90 ?

Got few intresting bets at bet365: no goal after 88:59 in Holland match @1.80 no goal after 87:59 in Russia match @1.83 no goal after 87:59 in Spain match @1.83 Not much reasoning really but i think Spain,Holland and Russia hot favourites will score 3-5 goals and then just rest main players,play with subs and in last 5-10 minutes they will just try to keep ball and just end the match. All singles :ok
fcuking cheating bastards :@ After Russia ended match against Andora and didn't score after 87:59 i recieved e-mails from bet365: We are contacting you regarding bets placed at the odds of 1.83 on No Goal after 88:59 We have identified that this selection was placed at incorrect odds and as such, in accordance with our rules, will be settled at the revised odds of 1.25. Also they suspended my bets from whole history like they never existed at all... How good is that?can they do things like that after match ended?i placed big stakes on all 3 singles yesterday and a bit more today at same odds. Is anything i can do about it now?

fcuking cheating bastards :@ After Russia ended match against Andora and didn't score after 87:59 i recieved e-mails from bet365: We are contacting you regarding bets placed at the odds of 1.83 on No Goal after 88:59 We have identified that this selection was placed at incorrect odds and as such, in accordance with our rules, will be settled at the revised odds of 1.25. Also they suspended my bets from whole history like they never existed at all... How good is that?can they do things like that after match ended?i placed big stakes on all 3 singles yesterday and a bit more today at same odds. Is anything i can do about it now?
I have put the Spain selection in a treble and a fourfold and they have sent me an email saying there is a price change to 1.25 for that too.

It's not the first time I see someone complain about Bet365. I don't think you will be able to do something, because they most likely will refer to their "Terms & Conditions" and find some article which will prove them right.

Sweden vs Hungary -1.5 Sweden 2.30 bet365 We have Zlatan Ibrahimovic with maximum eagerness to play, Ola Toivonen in his lifes best form in PSV, Johan Elmander who is doing great in Bolton, a very good midfield with Pontus Wernblom and Anders Svensson and a real stable defense. We have no injury concerns and a history against Hungary that is all but bad. We impressed in the match against Scotland and Hungary have really only two good players in Zoltan Gera and Balazs Dzsukzsak and it's not going to be enough on Rasunda.
Pontus Wernbloom x2 :cow and it could have been 4 and 5-0 to Sweden

Gone for a £10 treble on Germany' date=Sweden and Croatia with Skybet, what are people's thoughts on this? Here's my reasoning first- Germany- were absolutely fantastic at the world cup and were a pleasure to watch me and relatives were kicking ourselves we didn't back them to beat both England and Argentina,they tore both teams apart respectively, can't see them failing against Belgium and can see them picking up 3 points as they will want to start where they left off, they were unlucky to lose to Spain in the semis and beat Uruguay who played well at the world cup to finish 3rd and I fancy them here, they will want to qualify and will want to open their campaign away. Sweden-I've rated Sweden for years, they've had a rough patch but their result against Scotland caught my eye and according to some posts on here they have a new coach and play attacking football and Hungary were poor at against a poor England in a friendly recently, so I expect Sweden to win this, they're a cracking side, they did well in the last euros unfortunately losing to spain in the last minute in a group match, just because they've lost Henrik Larsson doesn't mean they're crap,they're still a very good side. Croatia-Poor qualifying campaign in the world cup, injuries cost them V England at wembley and England lost to Ukraine therefore Ukraine pipped Croatia to getting in the play-offs, can see them being stronger this time,Modric's injured I believe? Worrys me as he's a great player but one player don't make a team,Eduardo and Olic,Krancjar to name a few, they've still got quality players that will play in this game. So then what are people's thoughts on my bet and my reasoning?
Get in,nice one,Germany did not impress me tonight though,goal came from a mistake in the Belgium defence, they didn't look the Germany we saw at the World Cup. :nana:nana:beer:beer

Get in,nice one,Germany did not impress me tonight though,goal came from a mistake in the Belgium defence, they didn't look the Germany we saw at the World Cup. :nana:nana:beer:beer
Well done Adam, wish I hadn't added Slovenia now :( Only stake back on that and loss on Scotland who should have won, wasteful in the final third.

So what is your point of view on this match? Any justification on that matter? Your post is as short as the amount of substance within.

LATVIA V.S. CROATIA

1397.gif514.gif

For the past 5 games, Latvia has been poor both at home and away turfs. The last time they've won a match was in year 2009 against Moldova. Since then, they have either been drawing or losing games. On the other hand, Croatia has been a strong team who last lost a game in year 2009 again England at the Wembley's. They have defeated Belgium and Austria at home with 1-0 victories.

Head to head records do not count much tonight because they have met only once on Latvia's home ground, which happened wayyyyyyyyyy back in year 2001. Croatia won 1-0 on that match.

The handicap for this match is 0.75 and i find it rightly just because Croatia hasn't been scoring lots of goals on away grounds. The last time they have scored more than a goal in a victorious away match was last year, against Belarus.

Croatia isn't famed for scoring alot of goals but, they are a fairly consistent team. I dont see them thrashing Latvia tonight but a 1-0 victory is definitely logical.

CROATIA WINS @ 1.62 OR

CROATIA -0.75 @ 1.85 LADBROKES

:D

BELGIUM V.S. GERMANY

281.gif1037.gif

Honestly, i really like the German team. If you just look at their track record in the World Cup, you can see they were almost unstoppable. But one word of caution, Belgium has the home team advantage. For the head-2-head past records, out of the past 2 meetings, Germany has won both of them. However, both matches happened in year 1995 and year 1991. For the past 5 home matches, Belgium has won 4 and lost 1 to Croatia. Germany on the other hand has won(excluding the World Cup matches) 4 away matches, drawing only 1. I think German has a really fair chance of winning this game, that goes without saying. Belgium has a few exciting players in Thomas Vermaelen(He might score against Germany via corners), Kompany and V. Buyten. Germany on the other hand, is probably an all star squad. The question now is, by how much goals can Germany beat Belgium too? Honestly, i do not think Germany will thrash Belgium. Belgium are traditionally defensively strong at home and Germany always have trouble beating defensive teams that stay in their own half. An instance will be the 1-0 win against Ghana in the World Cup and 1-0 over Russia during the qualifiers. I believe if Belgium is able to keep their cool, this might just end up as a draw instead. Besides, Germany's midfield players haven't been performing in the Bundesliga. Top players like Schweinsteiger, Khedira(Played better in the opener than Higuian though) and Kroos seem to be still mulling over the World Cup exit. I think Belgium will be very keen to get a draw against Germany and i am not saying that they will get it definitely but, i do think that Germany is going to have a hard time getting that winning goal. So i will definitely not put my money on waiting for the Germans to get it. Even if they do win, it will probably be by a 1 goal margin. 281.gif BELGIUM + 1 @ 1.92 188BET

:eyes

ENGLAND V.S. BULGARIA

774.gif382.gif

I dont know if anyone is interested this but, this is the squad Capello has named...

England Squad For Euro 2012 Qualifiers Against Bulgaria and Switzerland Goalkeepers - Scott Carson, Ben Foster, Joe Hart Defenders - Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Kieran Gibbs, Phil Jagielka, Glen Johnson, Joleon Lescott, Matthew Upson Midfielders - Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Steven Gerrard, Adam Johnson, James Milner, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Ashley Young Forwards - Darren Bent, Carlton Cole, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Wayne Rooney Quoted from this webby... The main differences between this team and the one at the World Cup will be the Keeper and the Midfield area. Paul Robinson was woeful at the World Cup, and Robert Green was no better(if anyone remembers his howler against USA). Joe Hart is in fine form for Man City and i think it was an oversight from Capello to have omitted him from the squad. England always have problems sending balls forward from the midfield area and i believe this is because Lampard and Gerrard's styles of play do not complement each other at all! If Capello is willing to play Johnson(he was FANTASTIC during the Liverpool game) and Walcott(That boy broke Blackburn's goalpost net and hearts), the two on form wingers, alot of goals will start to flow in. Gerrard will do just fine in the middle alone. So i say Lampard's injury is a blessing in disguise. I will be going for OVER 2.50 goals because England is traditionally strong at home and with the on form players, i can see them banging in goals. OVER 2.50 GOALS @ 1.78 188BET

:D

ENGLAND V.S. BULGARIA

774.gif382.gif

Lets start with some team news from the English side shall we? The latest bad news is that Ferdinand, Foster, Carson, Lampard and Terry are all injured.:eyes

The positive news will be Joe Hart and Walcott. It seems that both of them will be featuring in the match this weekend. This is encouraging because Hart and Walcott have been on fabulous form in the Premier League. So far, the only goal that Hart was conceded was a spot kick from Bent last weekend. I can see much problem in the man between the sticks. As for the attacking, Rooney is not firing yet. However, when i saw Defoe's performance against Young Boys during Champions League, i was pretty convinced he will score in this match(I thought he was going for surgery?).

We should forget about England's performance in the World Cup and look strictly at their past records in Wembley. The last time England lost in the Wembley stadium was in year 2007, against Croatia. Since then, they have remained undefeatable and out of the past 15 matches, 8 of them had more than 1 goal scored against their opponent. My guess is that England will go all out on Bulgaria this weekend. Amidst all the criticisms, the 3 lions are actually capable of much more, especially at home. The only weakness that i can see in England is the back 4.I can tell that they are still not accustomed playing together. But England should dominate possession and Joe Hart can bring his PSP on the pitch cause i'll doubt that he will have much to do anyway..:lol

ENGLAND WINS @ 1.30 188BET or

ENGLAND -1.5 @ 2.11 188BET

:D Overall, pretty good night for me. Anyway, i can't believe France is losing to Belarus now.

Well done Adam' date=' wish I hadn't added Slovenia now :( Only stake back on that and loss on Scotland who should have won, wasteful in the final third.[/quote'] Cheers mate, I nearly backed Slovenia but thought nah 'be a drab affair, under 2.5 goals. couldn't be arsed even trying to bet on under 2.5 goals as it was a cert in a game like this so was probably poor odds.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Finland @ 2.13 :eyes Sending off of Hyppia in the first half changes the game as they end up losing 2-0 Sweden -1.5 @ 2.10 :D Good solid performance England -1.5 @ 1.95 :D Hart keeps them in the game until they finish it off late in the game Croatia -1 (AH) @ 2.13 :D Very good start to getting some redemption here Germany -1 (AH) @ 2.21 ;) Germany win 1-0 so money back

Good results tonights gents :ok cracking night :dude Looks like i'll battle with bet365 in a minute.holland scored on 88:53 when i was watching live but bet365 have 90+1 minute goal so :hope also FRANCE is loosing :lol
Just read their T&C maybe you can find something there to prove them wrong. Good luck.

Belarus +2 EH @1.72 (b365) France is still a shambles after their epic WC. Their new coach is popular right now, but it is questionable whether he'll be able to make a competitive team out of that mess, and after a few bad results, people will start criticize him as usual. Many important players are missing for this game, like Benzema, L.Diarra or Ben Arfa, while Toulalan has not been called. Belarus is not a top euro team, but this year they beat Lithuania 2-0 and South Korea 1-0, while they lost to Sweden 0-1 only. If they defend solidly, they can win with that handicap..
Spain to win to nil @ 1.2 Holland to win to nil @ 1.22 Odds for the double: 1.46 Both with B365 Since Spain are playing Liechenstein and Holland are playing San Marino, these prices are a steal. What can I say? We have the finalists of the World Cup, both with strong squads, playing two of Europe's minnows in competitive fixtures. These teams rarely score, and when they do it is invariably against weaker sides. Large stakes on this one for me. You could include Russia to do the same against Andorra (odds 1.28) but I don't want to push my luck by making it a treble, and if one of the three sides is going to score I fancy it to be the Andorrans.
Nice one guys! Made me some nice cash :nana