Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September EURO 2012 Q PREDICTIONS; SWEDEN vs HUNGARY; Big time Sweden here, they'r hitting it well at the moment, attack all the way, they used to play dull matches but that is past. I want comment on Hungary becouse I dont expect them to give us a big show. SWEDEN; +2,5 GOALS AT ODDS 3.25 IS VALUE +2,5 GOALS IN MATCH AT ODDS 1.95 BELGIUM vs GERMANY; Belgium is hard to get wise on, but given the fact that they are meeting a red hot german team I dont expect anything from them, Germany plays a solid defence and we all know the offence. GERMANY; +2,5 GOALS IN MATCH AT ODDS 3.00 IS GOOD VALUE GERMANY; ASIEN -1 AT 1.95 CLEAN SHEET, GERMANY AT ODDS 2.20 GOOD GAME:ok

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September

EURO 2012 Q PREDICTIONS; SWEDEN vs HUNGARY; Big time Sweden here, they'r hitting it well at the moment, attack all the way, they used to play dull matches but that is past. I want comment on Hungary becouse I dont expect them to give us a big show. SWEDEN; +2,5 GOALS AT ODDS 3.25 IS VALUE +2,5 GOALS IN MATCH AT ODDS 1.95 BELGIUM vs GERMANY; Belgium is hard to get wise on, but given the fact that they are meeting a red hot german team I dont expect anything from them, Germany plays a solid defence and we all know the offence. GERMANY; +2,5 GOALS IN MATCH AT ODDS 3.00 IS GOOD VALUE GERMANY; ASIEN -1 AT 1.95 CLEAN SHEET, GERMANY AT ODDS 2.20 GOOD GAME:ok
Couldn't agree more.. You read my mind! I'll also be having small stakes on Germany 4-0, 4-1, 5-0, 5-1

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Looking ahead to the two Euro 2012 qualifiers Loew said: "We want to win our first two games with the same football that we played at the World Cup." Germany squad Goalkeepers: Manuel Neuer (Schalke 04), René Adler (Bayer Leverkusen), Tim Wiese (Werder Bremen) Defenders: Holger Badstuber (Bayern Munich), Marcell Jansen (Hamburg), Philipp Lahm (Bayer Munich), Per Mertesacker (Werder Bremen), Sascha Riether (Wolfsburg), Heiko Westermann (Hamburg) Midfielders: Sami Khedira (Real Madrid/ESP), Toni Kroos (Bayern Munich), Marko Marin (Werder Bremen), Mesut Ozil (Real Madrid/ESP), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Christian Trasch (Stuttgart) Forwards: Cacau (Stuttgart), Mario Gomez (Bayern Munich), Stefan Kiessling (Bayer Leverkusen), Miroslav Klose (Bayern Munich), Thomas Müller (Bayern Munich), Lukas Podolski (Cologne) Think I'll be backing Germany for sure now.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September What are people's thoughts on Republic of Ireland away to Armenia? I fancy them to win, they will be looking to qualify this time around and no disrespect/offence to Armenia but surely Rep of Ireland should be winning games like this away to qualify? This is the squad: Goalkeepers Shay Given, Keiren Westwood, Joe Murphy. Defenders John O'Shea, Richard Dunne, Sean St Ledger, Greg Cunningham, Kevin Foley, Stephen Kelly, Paul McShane(PULLED OUT) , Darren O'Dea, Kevin Kilbane. Midfielders Glenn Whelan, Darron Gibson, Paul Green, Liam Lawrence, Aiden McGeady, Andy Keogh, Damien Duff(PULLED OUT), Keith Fahey, Keith Treacy, Keith Andrews Forwards Robbie Keane, Kevin Doyle, Shane Long.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September last 4 home Armenia 2 - 1 Belgium Armenia 1 - 2 Spain Armenia 3 - 1 Uzbekistan Armenia 1 - 3 Iran last 4 away Italy 1 - 1 Ireland Republic Bulgaria 1 - 1 Ireland Republic Cyprus 1 - 2 Ireland Republic France 1 - 1 Ireland Republic For sure Armenia kyan score home, at least one. Ireland tends on draw away. probably 1-1 or 0-0 final.

What are people's thoughts on Republic of Ireland away to Armenia? I fancy them to win, they will be looking to qualify this time around and no disrespect/offence to Armenia but surely Rep of Ireland should be winning games like this away to qualify? This is the squad: Goalkeepers Shay Given, Keiren Westwood, Joe Murphy. Defenders John O'Shea, Richard Dunne, Sean St Ledger, Greg Cunningham, Kevin Foley, Stephen Kelly, Paul McShane(PULLED OUT) , Darren O'Dea, Kevin Kilbane. Midfielders Glenn Whelan, Darron Gibson, Paul Green, Liam Lawrence, Aiden McGeady, Andy Keogh, Damien Duff(PULLED OUT), Keith Fahey, Keith Treacy, Keith Andrews Forwards Robbie Keane, Kevin Doyle, Shane Long.
I personally think 4/6 are decent odds on Ireland. I think they will win but Duff pulling out is a bit of a blow, could be a tight game possibly 1-0 Ireland. I'm going to play this in-play. To the person who mentioned Berbatov, hasn't he retired from Bulgaria?

last 4 home Armenia 2 - 1 Belgium Armenia 1 - 2 Spain Armenia 3 - 1 Uzbekistan Armenia 1 - 3 Iran last 4 away Italy 1 - 1 Ireland Republic Bulgaria 1 - 1 Ireland Republic Cyprus 1 - 2 Ireland Republic France 1 - 1 Ireland Republic For sure Armenia kyan score home, at least one. Ireland tends on draw away. probably 1-1 or 0-0 final.
That what I was thinking, but in my opinion both teams to score is a really good option which is available @ 2.00 (approx.)

Spain to win to nil @ 1.2 Holland to win to nil @ 1.22 Odds for the double: 1.46 Both with B365 Since Spain are playing Liechenstein and Holland are playing San Marino, these prices are a steal. What can I say? We have the finalists of the World Cup, both with strong squads, playing two of Europe's minnows in competitive fixtures. These teams rarely score, and when they do it is invariably against weaker sides. Large stakes on this one for me. You could include Russia to do the same against Andorra (odds 1.28) but I don't want to push my luck by making it a treble, and if one of the three sides is going to score I fancy it to be the Andorrans.
Have you got a link for these markets, having trouble finding them. Cheers

they only two games that im goin to play is Slovenia and Croatia Slovenia - they played very well at world cup even if they didnt make to knock out stage... they have some great players and i dont think that northern ireland can do anything to suprise slovenia. Croatia - they play against latvia awey and they will play without luka modric.. they have alot of great players plus eduardo will be back.
totally agree with u and i'll add Germany, one of the best team in the world,it should be an izi win,can't see Belgium getting smth especially after what we saw in the friendly against Finland,it was awful.....this is the probable line up : Bailly, Alderweireld, Van Buyten, Kompany, Vermaelen, Simons, Vertonghen, Fellaini, Dembele, Hazard, Lukaku.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Finland to beat Moldova at 6/5 and AH 0 & 0.5 @ 10/11 Betfair Finland have a solid team and have an experienced manager in Stuart Baxtor. Much like his predecessor Roy Hodgson they now have to get the best out of limited teams and Finland know how important it is to get off to a good start if they want any chance to qualify in a tough group containing Netherlands Sweden and Hungry. They only lost once away in their last qualifying campaign for WC 2010- to Russia; beating Wales and drawing with Germany in the process. I think they have enough up front with Kuqi, Litmanen, Forssell, Eremenko, etc. to beat Moldova. Moldova are ranked 89th in the world (40 below Finland) and in their last qualification campaign finished bottom with 3 points (3 draws). They suffered no heavy defeats in a group containing the Swiss, Israel, Latvia and Greece and failed to score in either game against Luxembourg.

Do people think Slovenia are really slim odds to beat Northern Ireland? two defensive teams,dull,drab affair in store?
I think the odds are probably about right for this contest. I don't really fancy any of the British sides away from home (including England because their odds are really poor) I also personally feel that N.Ireland may be hitting a bit of a turning point internationally, and may possibly have missed their chance to qualify for a major tournament twice previously. The odds reflect the notion that this will probably be a low scoring affair. N.Ireland will put in a spirited hard working performance that's for sure. A one or two nil win to Slovenia shouldn't be too far off the mark.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Hi guys, don't normally bet much on International football but was having a look through the odds etc for a bit of personal interest and came across one bet which I am more than willing to take this Friday .. Lithuania V Scotland - Scotland win @ 2.72 (Betfair) Firstly, I think it is important to point out that I am fully aware of the state our national game is in at the moment, what with teams going out of Europe early doors, our top league losing money last year and the national sides disastrous 3-0 drubbing away to Sweden last time out, so I am under no illusions about the state of Scottish football when placing this bet. However, having said all that, I am more than happy to take Scotland away to Lithuania at 2.72 all day long, the price is just far too high in my opinion. We are no world beaters, we know this, but Lithuania are hardly World Cup contenders either. We are at a level of football in Scotland where in my opinion is the lowest we have been in a long time, in saying that, I still think we are a far superior team to Lithuania. We now have guys in our national set up playing in the EPL, arguabely one of the best footballing leagues in the world, these players must have some talent before they have been drafted in to perform in this league. Darren Fletcher for example, an important part of Manchester United's side for a few years now. We have players who have some talent and with the right manager in charge I really believe we can do something in this group, whether that is reach second place or just have a good fight till the end only time will tell but I dont think we will be eliminated on a whimper. The squad that has travelled with Craig Levien for this one is packed with experience. Paul Hartley and David Weir, who no matter what you say about them, are arguabely still two of our best performers at this level. Added to this experience we have the fight and flair from players such as Scott Brown of Celtic, Kenny Miller of Rangers, Darren Fletcher of Manchester United, Graham Dorrens, Kris Boyd, Barry Robson, Charlie Adam, Stephen Fletcher....all of whom are more than capable of doing something special against a side such as Lithuania. I am not saying this should be a walk in the park for the Scots, but considering the two squads in question, I believe we have enough about us to take care of the Lithuanians and come home with the three points. For this reason and the fact I believe Craig Levien is a good man for this job, I am happy to take Scotland to beat Lithuania at gernerous odds of 2.72 with Betfair :hope:hope Goodluck everyone and Come on the Scots :ok:cheers

Armenia vs. Ireland. I think Ireland will have a very tough game against Armenia on Friday. Despite what people may think, Armenia are no push-overs, especially at home. Here are their four most recent home results: Armenia 2 - 1 Belgium. Armenia 1 - 2 Spain. Armenia 3 - 1 Uzbekistan. Armenia 1 - 3 Iran. As you can see, they do pretty well at home. I wouldn't read much into the games against Uzbekistan and Iran, as they were pointless friendlies. However, losing 2-1 against the best team in international football is a very respectable result. Also, beating Belgium is no mean feat, despite them being a shadow of what they used to be. I wouldn't recommend backing Armenia though, as I think that Ireland will edge this tie. Under 2.5 Goals could be worth a shot, or else Ireland to win by a single goal. I wouldn't be taking Ireland on any handicaps, as we all know Ireland aren't a side to destroy teams. Robbie Keane to score anytime @2.00 may also be a good bet. That's just my two cents, take whatever you want from it. I'll be avoiding this match, but good luck to all who aren't.

Have you got a link for these markets, having trouble finding them. Cheers
On the Bet365 website, go to Euro 2012 games. Next to the game in question there is a little sign e.g. +45 which will be the markets other than 1x2 they are doing. Then click on Specials near the top of the screen and you'll see it there. :ok But in fact you should do the "to keep a clean sheet bet" if it is still the same price as the bet I suggested which you can get to by clicking Goals instead of Specials.

Hi guys, don't normally bet much on International football but was having a look through the odds etc for a bit of personal interest and came across one bet which I am more than willing to take this Friday .. Lithuania V Scotland - Scotland win @ 2.72 (Betfair) Firstly, I think it is important to point out that I am fully aware of the state our national game is in at the moment, what with teams going out of Europe early doors, our top league losing money last year and the national sides disastrous 3-0 drubbing away to Sweden last time out, so I am under no illusions about the state of Scottish football when placing this bet. However, having said all that, I am more than happy to take Scotland away to Lithuania at 2.72 all day long, the price is just far too high in my opinion. We are no world beaters, we know this, but Lithuania are hardly World Cup contenders either. We are at a level of football in Scotland where in my opinion is the lowest we have been in a long time, in saying that, I still think we are a far superior team to Lithuania. We now have guys in our national set up playing in the EPL, arguabely one of the best footballing leagues in the world, these players must have some talent before they have been drafted in to perform in this league. Darren Fletcher for example, an important part of Manchester United's side for a few years now. We have players who have some talent and with the right manager in charge I really believe we can do something in this group, whether that is reach second place or just have a good fight till the end only time will tell but I dont think we will be eliminated on a whimper. The squad that has travelled with Craig Levien for this one is packed with experience. Paul Hartley and David Weir, who no matter what you say about them, are arguabely still two of our best performers at this level. Added to this experience we have the fight and flair from players such as Scott Brown of Celtic, Kenny Miller of Rangers, Darren Fletcher of Manchester United, Graham Dorrens, Kris Boyd, Barry Robson, Charlie Adam, Stephen Fletcher....all of whom are more than capable of doing something special against a side such as Lithuania. I am not saying this should be a walk in the park for the Scots, but considering the two squads in question, I believe we have enough about us to take care of the Lithuanians and come home with the three points. For this reason and the fact I believe Craig Levien is a good man for this job, I am happy to take Scotland to beat Lithuania at gernerous odds of 2.72 with Betfair :hope:hope Goodluck everyone and Come on the Scots :ok:cheers
Bookies are no fools, the odds are at that price for a reason..the reason? Scotland have lost 7 of their last 8 games away! The only team they beat in this time was Iceland who lost to the Faroe Islands at HOME last year! The players you list are all reasonable lower level Premiership or upper level championship players, bar Fletcher who is certainly the only top level player you have at your disposal..Lithuania, well they are no world beaters as you say but I see nothing in their results that makes me think Scotland can overcome them, I think considering the results below the odds are not very good at all.. Netherlands 3-0 Scotland Norway 4-0 Scotland Japan 2-0 Scotland Wales 3-0 Scotland Sweden 3-0 Scotland These are the last 5 away internationals Scotland have played, some of these were friendlies but that rule applies for both teams and the fact Scotland have not even scored a goal let alone picked up a credible draw against at least a couple of mediocre sides doesn't give any indication their level of performance is likely to improve any time soon.. I don't think they are likely to play anyone who is different to what they have played before and indeed playing recalling 40 year old David Weir and Paul Hartley hardly shouts forward thinking..no way would I consider betting on Scotland.

Bookies are no fools, the odds are at that price for a reason..the reason? Scotland have lost 7 of their last 8 games away! The only team they beat in this time was Iceland who lost to the Faroe Islands at HOME last year! The players you list are all reasonable lower level Premiership or upper level championship players, bar Fletcher who is certainly the only top level player you have at your disposal..Lithuania, well they are no world beaters as you say but I see nothing in their results that makes me think Scotland can overcome them, I think considering the results below the odds are not very good at all.. Netherlands 3-0 Scotland Norway 4-0 Scotland Japan 2-0 Scotland Wales 3-0 Scotland Sweden 3-0 Scotland These are the last 5 away internationals Scotland have played, some of these were friendlies but that rule applies for both teams and the fact Scotland have not even scored a goal let alone picked up a credible draw against at least a couple of mediocre sides doesn't give any indication their level of performance is likely to improve any time soon.. I don't think they are likely to play anyone who is different to what they have played before and indeed playing recalling 40 year old David Weir and Paul Hartley hardly shouts forward thinking..no way would I consider betting on Scotland.
Scotland are available in the Ladbrokes shop at 9/5 which i think is a very good price. I wouldn't even look at the last five away results tbh. Four of them were under Burley who was completely out his depth and the other was a game against Sweden where we had a reserve side out. The real business for Levein starts on Friday. I think we'll see Scotland playing to their strength's under Levein which means a defensive minded counter attacking system. We were successful using that system under Walter and Eck. Burley completely changed things and it just didn't work.

Romania vs Albania Romania to win to nil @ 2.14 Gamebookers.com Romania's manager, Razvan Lucescu will want (need) to win the first two games, because his job is on the line here...the RO Federation is "on his tail" and if he fails it could be over for him. And the romanian manager always loves a good defence (Chivu*, Rat, Tamas, Contra). The pressure is high but with a little guidance from "daddy" it will not be a problem for Romania. *Chivu is rested by the manager because of the game in Seria A but i think he will start. Good luck! :dude
Chivu is suspended, so he won't play.

Scotland are available in the Ladbrokes shop at 9/5 which i think is a very good price. I wouldn't even look at the last five away results tbh. Four of them were under Burley who was completely out his depth and the other was a game against Sweden where we had a reserve side out. The real business for Levein starts on Friday. I think we'll see Scotland playing to their strength's under Levein which means a defensive minded counter attacking system. We were successful using that system under Walter and Eck. Burley completely changed things and it just didn't work.
Lithuania has a lot of mixed results but did beat France and Serbia at home in their world cup qualies.

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Belgium-Germany = 2 (1.57) / over (1.80) bet365 stake 5 / 10 Belgium is an average team with some young and talented players but have not been able to give decent results so far. The home team is approaching this game with many absences as various: midfielder Mehdi Carcel González (Standard), Jonathan Legear (Anderlecht), goalkeeper Proto (Anderlecht), defender Jelle van Damme (Wolverhampton Wanderers) defender Nicolas Lombaerts (FC Zenit St. Petersburg), striker Moussa Dembélé (Fulham). Germany after playing just coming World Championship semi-final will face this game with some absences as various: Midfielder Piotr Trochowski (Hamburg) and Thomas Hitzlsperger (West Ham United), defenders - Arne Friedrich (Wolfsburg), Jerome Boateng (Manchester City) and Dennis AOGOI (Hamburg). Both the greater class and the most experienced global my prediction is 2/over :hope:hope:hope

You're post is a bit misleading here mate, Craig Levein became the new Scotland manager on the 23rd December 2009, so only one of these games were played under him, the most recent 3-0 drubbing at the hands of Sweden which I did mention in my post above. Even in this game though, as TCA rightly points out, we had a very much weakend squad. An away game to Sweden with a weak squad and an away game away to Lithuania with alot stronger squad are two very different games. Also, even if I were to take these results into consideration, not one of the teams you have listed are anywhere near the standerd of this Lithuanian side. So I would not look into any of those result you posted up with any great depth, sorry. Recalling the older guys is not exactly forward thinking you say, well if recalling these more experienced guys to help the younger guys along and it ends up giving us a play off chance at qualifying for a major tournament for the first time in ages, I'd think that's a step forward. David Weir is still performning at the highest level in both Scotland and Europe this season, I think both these levels are of a higher standard than the Lithunian domestic league where the majority of these player will play their trade. I have no worries about Weir or indeed Hartley's ability to perform against sides such as Lithuania. I appreciate your input and opinion on my bet, but I think our judgement and opinion's differ greatly, while I am happy to take Scotland at the prices offered all day long away to Lithuania, you apparently wouldnt go near them at this price. I do not know what price you would price them up as, but I'd be interested to know? Cheers Scotlandspunter :cheers

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Slovakia and Macedonia = 1 (1.55) Expekt stake 5 / 10 Slovakia came home from the 2010 FIFA World Cup heroes after reaching the knockout phase addresses Macedonia suadra not very bright. The coach of Slovakia said they did not underestimate their opponents decent team with an excellent Pandev. Slovakia has this game with some training problems. Preview: Slovakia: absent: Stanislav Sestak, their top scorer in World Cup qualifying Robert Vittek, their leader, Tomas Oravec and Pečalka. Macedonia: Absent Tome Pacovski (goalkeeper), Besart Ibrahim (midfielder), Vlade Lazarevski (back) Slovakia in four matches against Macedonia has a roadmap of w3-d1-l0. My prediction is 1 Declining share in many books :hope:hope:hope

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September Hi Punters Lounge, I'm quite new at punting though I have been lurking around these forums for a while. I was wondering if anyone would care to give some feedback on my bets for the qualifiers? My interest in punting has grown recently, and I'm keen on getting better.. ;) I'm sorry I don't know how to post like a punting pro.. I've made a multi-bet consisting of: Sweden beating Hungary. Over 2,5 goals scored. Germany beating Belgium. Over 2,5 goals scored. Netherlands scoring over 3,5 goals and keeping a cleansheet against SM. Spain scoring over 2,5 goals and keeping a cleansheet against Lichtenstein. The total odds is 15.43. Is this a bad choice? Personally I believe that its realistic, but its a multi-bet consisting of 8 different bets. Cheers, E

Re: Euro 2012 Qualifying > 2nd-3rd September :welcome ErikH. Can you please give some reasoning why you think your selections are realistic so we can give some feedback, and also mention the bookmaker you are using. Just one advice. Try not to pick accumulators because in the long term you will lose money. Most of us did this mistake.

They did beat Serbia' date=' but they never beat France.[/quote'] No you are right, France won that awaymatch 0-1 by a goal from Saha I think. Sweden -1.5 2.30 in a double with Ohio state -28.0 1.90 is a bet I placed today. Needs no explanation why Sweden would win over Hungary at home. I've been on Rasunda and seen us beat Hungary before, 4-0 with Henrik Larsson and Zlatan on the pitch. No difference now. New coach, new goals and Hungary will go down by more then one goal.