** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August

Jase82

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August Preview Grassopper Zurich – Steaua Bucuresti [url=http://romanianbet.com/2010/08/26/preview-grassopper-zurich-steaua-bucuresti/#respond] Hard to beat Steaua these days. Hard to score against Steaua these days. Not because they have a great defence but because they have a lot of luck! Grassopper had 3-4 unbelievable chances to score and result was a big zero for them. Last game in championship Steaua had 3 shots on target and opponenet miss great oportunities as a result Steaua won away 3-0!!! Grassopper played better than expected in first leg and despite the fact that they lost 1-0, a fair result should have been 1-1 or 2-1 for Steaua. Is bad for them because they did not score in that game. Last weekend Grassopper lost 3-0 at home against FC Lucerna so morale is not exactly good. Also they are placed in low position in swiss championship. Big blow for them: regular keeper Konig and regular striker Renella are both out injured! Konig made some spectacular saves in first leg and Renella gave hard time to Steaua’s defenders especially to Geraldo! Should be an entertainment game as both defences are poor and we should see many mistakes. As time will pass by home team will have to attack more and Steaua is dangerous team on counters. Steaua comes to this game to keep a clean sheet. Defence and counter should be main tactic. Coach can not use captain Nicolita injured and Radut is poor when playing Nicolita’s role. 4-2-3-1 tactic will be used again with Stoica and Bicfalvi as defensive midfielders. Also striker Kapetanos is out injured. New coach of Steaua Dumitrescu who came after Piturca left won all three games so far. If we have to compare team of Piturca with team of Dumitrescu one thing is for sure: defence is much weaker now with coach Dumitrescu. Upfront team creates same chances. There is some unrest between players because owner wants to buy some players from Urziceni so Kapetanos and Surdu upfront will be substitutes against Bilasco, while Abrudan or Geraldo will be also on bench if Galamaz signs with Steaua! Also owner wants to get rid of Stoica and there is much pressure on this player. Game will be played at 19:30 CET and will be lower temperatures than in Bucharest. Referee is Milorad Mazic from Serbia and despite the fact that Romania and Serbia are neighbors, Romania always had referee against its teams! Good luck with your bets!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August

Event Grasshopper - Steaua Bucharest
Selection Grasshopper (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 26/08/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.42
Reasoning Grasshoper even if are favorite (hard to understand that) for what they play, for how they play, for what players they have, there is no doubt that just a miracle can make the home side a winner one, in Switzerland league they lose a lot, last result 0-3 home, 5 points in 6 matches, 6-11 goals... really bad for a team with high objectives. First match at Steaua they played ok, miss a lot at 0-0, but here they'll must play offensive to score and win, that will open the game, Steaua on counter is a killing machine, last result 3-0 at Vaslui say that is true. Easy x2 here, but 1 no way. good luck.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August Atko what's your thought's on the Motherwell game? They've done fairly well in Europe this season winning both home matches. I didn't actually watch the first leg but the stats suggest it was a fairly even game. Motherwell looked dead and duried at 2-0 but that last minite away goal has blown the tie wide open. Brown has alot of experience and looks comfortable at this level. Motherwell are 2/1 for the win or 5/4 for draw no bet. The asian handicap market may even be something to consider. They've reduced ticket prices for tonight's game so they're expecting a big crowd. EDIT: Motherwell now 9/4. I think there's good value on Motherwell +0.25 AH @ evens Bodog. Jamie Murphy is also worth a few quid for first goalscorer @ 10/1 Victor Chandler. He's had 3 first goalscorers in 5 European matches this season.

Event Manchester City - FC Timisoara
Selection Manchester City to win to nil
Strength 10/10
Date 26/08/2010
Bookmaker/Price Gamebookers @ 1.70
Reasoning City at Timisoara didn't press, just play like a training game, but what made me to believe that this team is really a machine, all team is huge, the defense line is like all blacks line from New Zealand super rugby team. How can Timisoara can score there? just one way, a huge mistake, or a penalty, but I could bet that Timisoara will have no shot of target, even if Timisoara say that is going to win, is possible, I'm sure that all players know that's impossible so they'll try to made a good defense match, to try not t take and hope for a counter. I don't believe will be a huge score, because Timisoara don't play bad away (0-0 at Ajax, 2-2 at Shaktar) but will take at least two. 3-0 my predict. good luck.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August 3.6 on betfair for 13 or more corners for Liverpool vs Trazbonspor. In the first leg there were 11, and as I expect this game to be relatively close in the last 30 minutes one team will probably have to do some gung ho attacking. With Liverpool probably playing a deep line (if they are still defending an aggregate lead and Hodgson has a record of doing this in Europe) I can imagine many balls being whipped into the area which are headed away, deflected for corners, etc. I think I will also lay Trabzonspor once their price (hopefully) plummits. Defending a lead away from home Liverpool are historically quite strong doing this, and with all Liverpool's stars missing I don't know how Trabzonspor will cope no longer being the underdogs for this tie. Find it interesting what Malatian said above about having much confidence they will knock out Liverpool- think the pressure and expectation of home fans could get to them. For that reason it is also worth looking at a sending off but 3.55 represents no real value to bet IMO.

Atko what's your thought's on the Motherwell game? They've done fairly well in Europe this season winning both home matches. I didn't actually watch the first leg but the stats suggest it was a fairly even game. Motherwell looked dead and duried at 2-0 but that last minite away goal has blown the tie wide open. Brown has alot of experience and looks comfortable at this level. Motherwell are 2/1 for the win or 5/4 for draw no bet. The asian handicap market may even be something to consider. They've reduced ticket prices for tonight's game so they're expecting a big crowd. EDIT: Motherwell now 9/4. I think there's good value on Motherwell +0.25 AH @ evens Bodog.
I think it's a really tough match to call from a betting perspective. The first goal will be really key this evening. Motherwell just need to keep it tight at the back but haven't really managed that against bigger teams - Hibs put three past them this season alone and at the tail end of last year, their defence was like a seive against the Old Firm (and indeed Hibs, remember 6-6). They do have the potential to score here but Odense, who are better going forward than they are defending too (watch out for Peter Utaka, good player), will get chances as well. Fir Park will be packed but Odense won't be too fazed by that. If Odense score first, I can see Motherwell's heads going down, they are a quite a young side and that will go against them morale-wise. The odds are tempting on Motherwell, but I'm not confident to back them or indeed Odense - it's a match where no result would surprise me and one tough to call. If you have a strong feeling on the Steelmen, however, I wouldn't actively dissaude you.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August Sport: Football - Europa League Event: Motherwell - Odense Selection: Odense BK (-0.25 Asian Handicap) Date: 26/08/2010 / Time: 20:45 Bookmaker/Price: Bet365 @ 1.88 Hi guys. This is my for today. Scotland can do better in this second leg to try to retrieve the goal from behind, also favored by the home crowd, but opponents believe they are above both the technical and the purely competitive. In Asia, the opening handicap was reversed (from +0.25 to -0.25). Interesting odds for Odense take that confidence with discreet and stake, 3/10. cleardot.gif

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August STUTTGART V.S. SLOVAN - (OVER/UNDER) OVER 3 GOALS @ 2.075 ladbrokes I've lost 3 games already and im using last bit of earning from last night for this match. Hopefully it gets me something. I believe both sides have the capability to score so we shall see if they can get over 3. Stuttgart should win this though.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August As for the match against Elfsborg - Naples, point out that the striker Fabio Quagliarella will not play the match. From news market seems to have been formalized this afternoon its loan to Juventus for a year with the possibility of redemption at the end of next season for 10 million payable in three years.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August This is what i called after the first leg match fır Beşiktaş:nana :) HJK played only on own half and didnt even think of passing, only long balls. no technique, nothing. IF Bobo didnt hit the post on 16'th min. this could easily be over 2.5 goals. Away match will be much more easier than this. I can see that we can easily score 2 or more in Helsinki.

Taken advise at 2.4 looks tempting enough
I wish you wouldn't mate :$ they started very bright but now trying to hold 0-0 draw...c*nts BTW Metalist signed striker Tyson from Internacional today :) Ahhh,Tavria 1-0 :tongue2

We (Beşiktaş) have problems at the back. line sided defence can cause a lot trouble if players do offside trap very often. we lost 3 points at the weekend against a team that doesnt give up trying to dig our defence. they caught 11 times offside but never give up trying. First match we scored twice but HJK were 11 men behind the ball and didnt even think of going our side. now they have to score but i dont think they can capable of. If we play with 2 Defensive Midfielder ( Ernst, Necip) it wont be easy for the home side. We have no problem in scoring goals. With Quaresma, Bobo and Guti we can easily find a way to create chances. Guti, Bobo, Necip, Zapotocny were all rested at the weekend. but I guess all four will be available. I will go AW Beşiktaş @ 1.75 :clapbetsson and also over 2.5 goals:clap
:welcome

PFC LITEX LOVETCH V DEBRECEN 1.80-3.60-4.33 This is my bet for tonight.Litex are coming in this game as favorites.For me this is ex trimly funny.Here is the story decide for you self.Litex is rattled from injuries there are number of players injured one is suspended and another one is awaiting transfer.They played grueling game at the weekend and manage a draw.Manager is admitting that team have very poor physical form at the moment.Debresen came to Bulgaria with comfortable 2 goals lead. They lost this weekend in NB1 but that was they second team.Six starting players were on the bench but fresh and ready for tonight.That wright here is saying to me how serious DEBRECEN manager is taking the game.I personally will take the safest way X2 with bet 365 offered at 1.90. Good Luck everyone.:hope
litex debrecen 1-2 full time love to doble my money just before kikoff prise went 2.40 for x2:nana

3.6 on betfair for 13 or more corners for Liverpool vs Trazbonspor. In the first leg there were 11, and as I expect this game to be relatively close in the last 30 minutes one team will probably have to do some gung ho attacking. With Liverpool probably playing a deep line (if they are still defending an aggregate lead and Hodgson has a record of doing this in Europe) I can imagine many balls being whipped into the area which are headed away, deflected for corners, etc. I think I will also lay Trabzonspor once their price (hopefully) plummits. Defending a lead away from home Liverpool are historically quite strong doing this, and with all Liverpool's stars missing I don't know how Trabzonspor will cope no longer being the underdogs for this tie. Find it interesting what Malatian said above about having much confidence they will knock out Liverpool- think the pressure and expectation of home fans could get to them. For that reason it is also worth looking at a sending off but 3.55 represents no real value to bet IMO.
A grand total of 9 corners :lol:unsure At least I laid Trabzonspor :dude

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August KARRRRRRRRRRPAAAAAAAAATTTTTYYYYYYYY :nana:loon:clap:tongue2:eek What a match.2 goals in injury time and Karpaty with 2 red cards...second one Fedetskiy got for celebrating goal with fans :lol

Sport: Football - Europa League Event: Motherwell - Odense Selection: Odense BK (-0.25 Asian Handicap) Date: 26/08/2010 / Time: 20:45 Bookmaker/Price: Bet365 @ 1.88 Hi guys. This is my for today. Scotland can do better in this second leg to try to retrieve the goal from behind, also favored by the home crowd, but opponents believe they are above both the technical and the purely competitive. In Asia, the opening handicap was reversed (from +0.25 to -0.25). Interesting odds for Odense take that confidence with discreet and stake, 3/10. cleardot.gif
0-1 ..... won with great difficulty ..... :nana

Re: UEFA > Champions League > 24th - 25th August

Again' date=' I like [b']Wolfswinkel to score @2.6 (b365) in Utrecht-Celtic. The guy is on fire since the beginning of the season (already 9 goals in 8 games), the team is fairly solid at home, and Celtic's defence is not airtight. (oops, belongs to the Europa League thread)
very nice pick, congratulations lad :cheers