** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August

Jase82

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August One for me tonight. Lille vs Vaslui - Lille -1.5AH @ 2.02 with Pinnacle (3/10) Lille should be too strong for their Romanian visitors here. That may sound a little foolish considering Vaslui held to them to a 0-0 draw in Romania, but I think Lille have learned their lesson from the first leg. They under-estimated Lopez Caro's team and although they never really looked in danger, they never really offered a huge threat to the hosts. That should change tonight. Rudy Garcia has brought in his big guns tonight, with Gervinho, Pierre-Alain Frau and Eden Hazard to start in a three-pronged attack. The midfield and defence will be their first choice, with Florent Balmont and Rio Mavuba looking to dominate. Despite Lille's slow start domestically (three draws, one at home to PSG and the other two away at Rennes and Sochaux), I'm not overly concerned. Lille always start the season slowly. They'll look to ignite it tonight and have a great home record domestically and on the continent. They like to attack sides with pace and I feel they'll be able to wrack up a lead. They won't be content with a one-goal lead, considering that a Vaslui away goal could be lethal. In any case, the Romanians seem blunted, with Brazilian talisman Gladstone out injured, and they were battered 3-0 by Steaua Bucharest at the weekend. Christian Pouga never really threatened the home side and I'm expecting Lille to be able to keep it tight. Can't see past a home win here and expecting Lille to do this fairly comfortably. :hope

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August BRØNDBY IF vs SPORTING LISSABON MY PRIDICTIONS; SPORTING TO SCORE +1,5 GOALS AT ODDS 2.20 + 2,5 GOALS IN THE MATCH AT ODDS 1.95 Why? Brøndby is vounable at the back and will give goals away to a strong Sporting attack, the question is, will Brøndby be able to make goals. I think they will, but not more then 1, It's all up to Sporting tonight. ALL ODDS IS FROM B365 GOOD GAME:ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August @Sumoroyal Yes, on paper the Sporting attack looks good but in reality they struggle to convert their chances into goals, which was what happened in the first leg (once the Portuguise woke up). There is no doubt that Sporting underestimated Brøndby in Lisbon and will be much more motivated tonight. In any case they have to. As for bets, well I have decided not to touch this match at all. It can go either way and I also cannot see anything pointing towards either under or over 2,5 goals. Sporting need to come out fighting right from the first whistle but I must admit that I'm not impressed by their strikers at all. Domestic results show too that Sporting are far from free-scoring at the moment. In my eyes there are things that suggest that this Sporting side lacks a bit of class compared to more recent sides, so I predict that they won't have what it takes to turn the tie around.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August My thoughts on the Trabzonspor v Liverpool game. Obviously as previously highlighted Liverpool are going into the game without their "big 3" Torres, Gerrard and Mascherano, and will undoubtably be weaker for it. My impressions though is too much is being made of it, we have Joe Cole available again and the squad going over to Turkey is full of experienced internationals. Without an away goal for Trabzon, i believe Liverpool will be gunning for one of their own to leave Trabzon needing 3 to progress. Roy had a magnificent run in the comp last year with Fulham and knows how to get through these kind of games. Now onto my bets on the game: Main Bet: Liverpool v Trabzon, DRAW @ 21/10 (bet365) Speculative bets: David N'gog - First Scorer 6/1 (bet365) Terrific value with no torres in the squad. Joe Cole - Anytime Scorer 11/4 (bet365) Grabbed the ball for the pen in the first leg, and missed. 2nd time lucky perhaps...and in the absence of Gerrard will play off the frontman..always a threat. Liverpool - Draw (HT-FT) 14/1 (Bet365) I think Roys gunna send his men out to grab the lead, and with the pressure of Trabzon trying to hit back i think it could end as a draw.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August About the HJK - Besiktas game... Someone here said that Besiktas rested Guti & co last weekend for this game? Yesterday in the press Guti didn't want to answer whether he's playing or not. If Besiktas is really going to line up their strongest squad I can't believe the price on Besiktas. Interwetten for example gives you 2.0. HJK couldn't match Besiktas in any area in the first leg, and though the Besiktas coach has been polite and saying HJK plays like a totally different team at homa, I just can't see that. The pitch is artificial, and a really old and bad one too. The weather forecast is promising rain, and when wet the pitch is awfully fast and slippery for the ball. Reports say that it's going to be a record attendance today, but it doesn't really help the home team 'cos Finnish people don't show up there to give HJK their support, they come to see Guti&Quaresma :D HJK are without Medo, who is without any doubt the most talented player in the team. He's negotiating a move to Partizan Belgrad, and won't be available. He didn't play in the first leg either though. Other important player absent is Aki Riihilahti, who's injured. Dema, who starts in midfield just transferred to HJK and has not playde a single game in the domestic league due to a ban. Sad to say as a Finn, but HJK are nowhere near the same level as Besiktas. They probably try to play a bit more open today, but it's just gonna result in Besiktas killing them with counters. Away win here.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August

Elfsborg is strong at home and they are undefeated. Their league's 21th week now and they are much more ready then Napoli. I think Napoli dont care much about Europa League. Elfs is my fav. here. @3.25
Also Elfsborg won Braga (now in cl) with 4-1 last years qualificiation and then Braga came 2nd in PT Leauge I will test Elfsborg dnb

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August Preview Unirea Urziceni – Hajduk Split [url=http://romanianbet.com/2010/08/26/preview-unirea-urziceni-hajduk-split/#respond] Game is not played in Urziceni but in Bucharest oh Steaua’s home ground where in last two seasons Unirea played their european games. Hard to say how Unirea will approach this game. More than half of the team left or will leave after few games. Steaua and Astra so far made slid bids for some players: powerful striker Bilasco, captain Galamaz and best foreigner last season in Romania Brandan seem to go to Steaua, Apostol, Marinescu and Frunza to Astra, keeper Arlauskis already left to Russia. Defensive midfielders Paraschiv and Paduretu are suspended for this game and Todoran is not on european squad selection! So few midfielders left for this game! Unirea managed to score the first goal in romanian championship in last game against Brasov 1-1. They played better in that game but still you could see their weakness. Defence was horrible. Captain Galamaz is in poor form these days and both side defenders were easy to pass by. Coach also left the club after Hajdduk game where they lost 4-1. Two young second coaches prepare the team now. As far as we know the players, they are able to make a miracle tonight and win by 3+ goals. But it will be hard for them without big support from the crowd. Usually if opponent is not a strong one at their games in Bucharest in european cups attendance is around 4-5000 people. But keep in mind that without the money problems at Urziceni this team is much better than Hajduk Split! So a bet on Split s not because Split is the better team here! Hajduk is high flying these days. Four wins by two or more goals difference in championship and just a draw. Two wins by three goals against some good romanian teams. At home they are hard to beat and fans have a great role in their play. Hajduk is a young team. If you put pressure on them they will collapse! This is exactly what happened at Dinamo when they were totally outplayed by home team. But then coach decided to use some strange 3-4-3 tactic which was a disaster. Now they just need to defend 11 players behind the ball and to count the seconds. If 4-2-3-1 tactic will be used then they have good chances to do that. Strinici seems to be out for this game. Hajduk is poor traveler when facing european teams. They have young squad and two fast goals can damage their morale very much. Unirea is good mature team who is in a bad period. Owner wants qualification because he needs badly the money and players have a great bonus to qualify! There are many bets on Hajduk. We see Unirea to win this game but will be very hard to achieve qualification. Game is played at 19:30 CET and will be hot in Bucharest. Referee is Claudio Circhetta from Switzerland who was also referee last year at FC Timisoara – Anderlecht when he made poor decisions against home team. Good luck with your bets!

Thanks my friend.But i don't think i will bet on it...even draw 0-0 or 1-1 is good enough for us.I know our players will die on the pitch to win it but it's football and everything can happen.for my team it will be dream come true as we never played in group stages before. GL with your bets :ok
100% with you. And yet another thing: turkish teams are yet to win in Ukraine. Unfortunately i think tradition will stay the same...
Based on that Draw looks very likely, but since Galatasaray must score Karpaty might catch them on counter attack. I'm guessing Karpaty DNB might be a good option.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August PFC LITEX LOVETCH V DEBRECEN 1.80-3.60-4.33 This is my bet for tonight.Litex are coming in this game as favorites.For me this is ex trimly funny.Here is the story decide for you self.Litex is rattled from injuries there are number of players injured one is suspended and another one is awaiting transfer.They played grueling game at the weekend and manage a draw.Manager is admitting that team have very poor physical form at the moment.Debresen came to Bulgaria with comfortable 2 goals lead. They lost this weekend in NB1 but that was they second team.Six starting players were on the bench but fresh and ready for tonight.That wright here is saying to me how serious DEBRECEN manager is taking the game.I personally will take the safest way X2 with bet 365 offered at 1.90. Good Luck everyone.:hope

Also Elfsborg won Braga (now in cl) with 4-1 last years qualificiation and then Braga came 2nd in PT Leauge I will test Elfsborg dnb
Agree with this Elfsborg I know little about beyond the statistics, but they are unbeaten at home in over a year! 1-0 was not a bad result in the first leg and they should be in much better match shape than Napoli being well into their season, Napoli are also quite a poor away side..betfair goes as high as 2.44 for the DNB, I'll take this..

Agree with this Elfsborg I know little about beyond the statistics' date=' but they are unbeaten at home in over a year! 1-0 was not a bad result in the first leg and they should be in much better match shape than Napoli being well into their season, Napoli are also quite a poor away side..betfair goes as high as 2.44 for the DNB, I'll take this..[/quote'] I agree with you both, trouble is Napoli were dominating Elfsborg last match and should really have buried them at least 4-0. It's a tough one to call.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August DNERP MOGILEV V.S. VILLAREAL - (AH) VILLAREAL -1 @ 1.95 ladbrokes The gulf in superiority is obvious. Villareal is leading this leg by 5-0 and i dont really see how Mogilev is going to make a come back even if they have the home advantage. I wont say Villareal will thrash them again but, it should be at least 2-0 or 3-0. TRABZONSPOR V.S. LIVERPOOL - (AH) LIVERPOOL + 0 @ 1.925 ladbrokes +0 is a very good handicap in this match. Although Liverpool is missing quite alot of players, they still have Joe Cole and David Ngog. These are the two players who can make a difference in such a match. I know how difficult it is for English teams to beat Turkish teams at their home ground but, Liverpool has the quality and im pretty sure Roy Hodgson knows how to handle such an atmosphere. He's brought Fulham to the finals before. TAVRIA SIMFEROPOL V.S. BAYERN LEVERKUSEN - (AH) LEVERKUSEN -1 @ 1.85 ladbrokes Same thing as the Villareal match. I will guess that Tavria has more or less lost confidence in their chance of qualification. Leverkusen should put at least 2 away.

Apoel Nicosia, these cyprus teams are very though and too dangerous at home. we can easily remember from the last year european clashes. Getafe has an important match against Espanyol at the weekend so ı dont think EL is much more important then La liga. HW @ 2.70
What??? No one in Getafe cares about Español right now, everything is focused in EL match. Getafe is a midtable team. They will surely won´t have problems to stay in first division anotger year but it is very difficult for us to play in Europe. Last time we were unfairly beaten by Bayern Munich and everybody is expekting for revenge. So today´s game is the most important of the year for Getafe.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August UTRECHT V CELTIC I can't see anthing but a Utrecht win here, the main reason being how bad Celtic are on the road in Europe. Also the fact that Celtic can still go through with a 1 goal loss (even a 2 goal loss if they can score)! Utrech have started this season well with 2 good home wins, abeit not against the strongest sides. Last season they kept it very tight in the Dutch league, holding the top 5 sides scoreless including victories against Ajax and AZ. Their main man VanWolfswinkel is in flying form again this season with 5 goals in 3 games while Celtic have Samaras who if anything is consistent, in that he never seems to score!!! Utrecht 5/4 Coral:ok Utrecht HT/FT 14/5 WilliamHill:ok

Mancini's statement rom City's official site: With the trip to the north-east coming up so soon after the Europa League engagement, Mancini admits he is looking to dig deep into his resources against the Romanians before then. "We must pay attention, we may have won the first game but it's going to be a difficult match on Thursday. I'll probably make three or four changes, because it's impossible to play with the same players every three or four days." This means they will take this match very seriously and will field a strong lineup. Timisoara is nowhere near their level and definitely won't be competitive against such a high-class and ambitious side as MC, especially knowing how weak Timi's defense is. I expect a very convincing and entertaining win for the hosts, who will want to show everybody they mean business and a win by 2 is the least I expect here. Manchester City AH (-2) @1.90 8/10 Good luck.
Were you find the odds mate? Looks like i've missed out being late! But tonight i still see value 4pts Man City to beat Timisoara AH (-2) 1.7 Stanjames Whether Mancini makes changes or not, Citys side tonight is going to be World class. Just look at the players he has on the bench, everybodys going to want to play and he will have to rotate to keep players happy. They weren't impressive away from home and i didn't expect them to be. They should cruise tonight and i can't see them winning by just the odd goal either. The games still tight so City need to win, still huge value in the 1.7 which should see City round to the next round comfortably.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August Trabzonspor VS Liverpool without the big tree from liverpool Torres, Gerard and mascerano and with the knowing that Liverpool issent that great anymore as they where. Ive seen the game against Man City but they where terrible. Trabzonspor at home with a big crowd behind them and with those odds and i think they are favourites in this game. My bet will be trabzonspor here.

Karpaty have gone from 3.50 to 3.80 in a few minutes on bet365 and from 3.61 to 3.85 in Pinnacle. I would be worried if I bet Karpaty to win now. As a fan do you have any explanation why the market is moving?
Culd be anything mate: bookies trap,loads of people taking Gala and it makes market move...We have full squad available while Gala missing few.As i said draw is enough for us.If anyone will go for it then i would take Karpaty +0.5AH :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August I would be carefull with Lech.they still missing players while Dnipro is a tough team.Yes,they didn't shine in firts leg but Konoplyanka will play today(was out in 1st game) and Rotan too,those 2 can make diference tonight.This match can cost Bessonov(Dnipro manager) his job.So don't expect easy game for Lech.I will be taking this one in play but for me it looks more like a 1-1 draw

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August Words of warning for Leverkusen.Check line ups first as Leverkusen came to Ukraine without several key players.Tavria with full squad and nothing to loose.Could be draw but i wouldn't touch Leverkusen at those odds.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August Karpaty vs. Galatasaray I am a big fan of Galatasaray but this year something is wrong (maybe everything) in our team ... 2 or 3 years ago we don't even mention about that can we eleminate Lviv or not ... We lost our confidence we lost our soul we lost our players and did not replace them ... We have injured key players like Kewell, Elano and Sabri and Arda Turan can not concentrate on matches .... I don't trust my team and I don't trust my boss and transfer comitee and goalkeepers ... Lviv to score may be the best bet but I will stay away ... Karpaty to Score @ 1.35 (Betsson) Fenerbahçe vs. Paok It is not a just match it is also a historical derby for both country ... Fenerbahçe play very unstable in matches score 4 goals in first 30 min to Antalyaspor and 0-1 lost to YB in Kadıköy ... Even they don't know what are they doing ... About Paok fans ; they came to İstanbul with 30 bus but it doesn't matter even if they came with 300 bus Fenerbahçe fans will support their team and force them to score but in this level (1.50-1.60) I won't bet anything ... Odds are just ridiculus ... Trabzonspor vs. Liverpool As you know Liverpool has some injuries and big players stayed in England ... I want to talk about Trabzon ; they were the 4th biggest of the Turkish League and they were the only champion team outside from Istanbul (till this year) they have passionate fans which one is the hardest away city of Turkey ... Today they will support their team even if they concede the first goal and IMO Trabzon won't lose the match today ... In press as I can see Senol Güneş motivated his players very well and they all believe that they will eleminate Liverpool ... I am not sure that can they win with margin but I am sure that they won't lose ... DNB TS @ 2.03 (188bet) TS @ 2.90 (Digibet) HJK Helsinki vs. BJK This is a big no bet for me ... First match was 2-0 and I think Hjk has no chance and Bjk has no passion ... Match can go every way ... Stay away ...

Were you find the odds mate? Looks like i've missed out being late! But tonight i still see value 4pts Man City to beat Timisoara AH (-2) 1.7 Stanjames Whether Mancini makes changes or not, Citys side tonight is going to be World class. Just look at the players he has on the bench, everybodys going to want to play and he will have to rotate to keep players happy. They weren't impressive away from home and i didn't expect them to be. They should cruise tonight and i can't see them winning by just the odd goal either. The games still tight so City need to win, still huge value in the 1.7 which should see City round to the next round comfortably.
Was at Pinny all day yesterday, after I posted this on several forums and took it big, it slashed down to 1.84 after midnight or so... now I check the odds again and the same bet is priced @1.7 :eek Maybe you can still take it in a combo with let's say PSV HW and get the same odds pretty-much but really generally the EL bets should always be taken as early as possible and never on a matchday as the value is most often gone by then. Cheers

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August My bets for today will be: Man Cty to Win Both Halves 1.72 (Bet 365). Man City will go out all attacking with the home crowd spurring them on. The thrashing against Liverpool and the visit of the Sheik fresh in their minds, guarantees they will go all guns blazing. Timisoara is a goal behind and need to score to win, so there'll be open. Definite win, and I think Man City will be in the front foot in the first half, and score again in the second. Gent vs Feyenoord, Gent to win 2.10 (Bet 365). As said before Feyenoord are young, inexperienced and looked weak last match. Add to that home disadvantage, I think it's a safe bet that Gent will win. Elfsborg to win DnB 2.10 (Bet 365). While Napoli dominated them at home (like Sampdoria against Bremen), they couldn't finish the job. Elfsborg is unbeated in the last year, need to win this and have a home crowd to spur them on. I'm betting on them but making sure I don't get robbed by a draw; as they could remain unbeaten without actually winning. Note: On the Liverpool game, I've learned never to bet against them. Liverpool always do well in Europe and come out with big surprises. Yet I don't feel I should back them either this time around with serveral key players missing and their performance of late. So I'll be sitting this one out, maybe putting a bet during play... we'll see.

Re: UEFA Europa League > 24th - 26th August Gent-Feyenoord 1 = (2.10) bet365 stake 3 / 10 The people have lost the first leg with a score of 0-1. The game delivered by both teams in Rotterdam was not very level, even if they have had several chances to score, just because the defenses are very low. Feyenoord has been very lucky so far, is no longer the team that we have admired in previous years. Has financial problems and is a team made up of many young people who have no experience at international level. Then there are some absences (Tomasson Biseswar, Schenkeveld, Dani Fernandez). While the coach has to rest some players Gent (Thijs, Coulibaly, El Ghanassy) in the league to use them in this very important and sensitive challenge. The only absentee through suspension in Gent De Smet. At the end I think the most likely outcome is 1 :hope:hope:hope