** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Otelul v Craiova, 2-1 Craiova did indeed beat the spread. I guess the home side was better overall but it was Craiova's defense that lost the match rather then Otelul attackers won the game. Both goals of Otelul were scored from offside positions. At the moment Craiova is 4 points bellow salvation and they depend on the other result even if they will be winning at Bistrita. The Romanian FA decided that Craiova has to pay 7 mils. to Piturca, a former coach who scammed the owner of the club. There are many signs that Craiova will go down. Mihai Costea already signed with Steaua few weeks ago and his brother will leave the club in the summer. Both are regulars at Craiova. Dinamo v CFR ________________ I'm thinking about the over 2.5 goals for this game. Dinamo was a good choice in the past for this betting option. CFR is just playing for fun and sometimes for influence (see he game versus Otelul and compare it with the one versus Vaslui). CFR can't reach for the European spots this season while Dinamo has bigger motivation at the top of the table. The media is predicting a 4-3-3 display for the visitors. I can't make up my mind about 1x2 but I expect some goals tonight in the last game of the round.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Dinamo Bucharest are going to look to take full points from this game as they look to move up the table into the European spots. At home they havent been great so far, having won only 8 of their last 15 games. However they are a strong attacking team and have a bit of form going into this game, despite the loss last wek at Pandurii, which was actually quite unlucky. CFR Cluj on the other hand are stuck mid table and dont have any chance of European football so they are just going through the motions, and it shows, having lost their last two league games. Even though Dinamos defense is not great, I still expect their attack to get the job done tonight, and to at least score one more goal the CFR Clujs Dinamo Bucharest v CFR Cluj HW -0.25 @ 1.813 Pinnacle

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011

Dinamo Bucharest are going to look to take full points from this game as they look to move up the table into the European spots.
According to this table, Dinamo, in 5th, are already in a Europa League qualifying place - http://www.soccerway.com/national/romania/liga-i/2010-2011/regular-season/ (I agree that Dinamo have looked strong and determined when I have seen them recently)

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Dinamo v CFR, 1-2 It was a solid performance for CFR. Although this win is almost useless for them. CFR demonstrated they are still one of the best when they want to. Dinamo had no real chance to win this game. I was afraid for Dinamo of CFR's comeback after the fix with Otelul and some media scandal. __________________ Tomorrow Rapid will host Tg. Mures in the only game of the day in Romania. Sounds like a home win but odds are better for over 2.5 goals. I'm not sure Rapid will keep a clean sheet. This is a good opportunity for Rapid to consolidate their league position above Steaua and Dinamo (important for their fans). Tg. Mures is playing strong enough without any pressure.

Saturday 7 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Rapid Bucuresti v FCM Târgu Mures (19:00 BST) 1.62 3.78 7 102.47 %
Sunday 8 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Victoria Branesti v Otelul Galati (14:00 BST) 6.5 4 1.61 102.29 %
maximize.gif Sportul Studentesc v FC Brasov (16:00 BST) 2.75 3.26 2.5 107.04 %
maximize.gif Pandurii Targu Jiu v Universitatea Cluj (18:00 BST) 2.5 3.25 2.9 105.25 %
maximize.gif Gaz Metan Medias v Steaua Bucuresti (19:45 BST) 2.55 3.25 2.7 107.02 %
Monday 9 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif CFR Cluj v Gloria Bistrita (14:00 BST) 1.75 3.64 5.1 104.22 %
maximize.gif Astra Ploiesti v FC Vaslui (16:00 BST) 4 3.3 1.96 106.32 %
maximize.gif Universitatea Craiova v Dinamo Bucuresti (18:00 BST) 3.66 3.3 2.05 106.41 %
maximize.gif FC Timisoara v Unirea Urziceni (19:45 BST) 1.12 8 19 106.65 %

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 We have 5 games today: - CFR v Bistrita | Both are local friends and some are speculating that CFR will throw away at least a point today. The fact is CFR is much stronger for Bistrita, but there were cases in the past where this was not an issue. Trading the draw or the under 2.5 goals. - Branesti v Otelul | Branesti could use 3 points from the last 3 fixture in order to start the next season in the second league on 0 points balance, otherwise they'll start with a small deduction. Branesti will travel to Dinamo next round and in the last round will host Bistrita. I guess Bistrita will be safe by then and will give up the 3 points more easily. Otelul is winning by one goal only and the pressure of the coming title is growing bigger for a small team. I think Otelul is very likely to win this one and I suggest at least 2 goals margin despite their recent history of tight games. Branesti is a poor opponent this days. - Timisoara v Urziceni | Very short price for the home win. Maybe the goal will come a bit later in the game and will allow us to trade something on under, draw or even 0-0. I can't see past the home side but I have no use for odds like 1.16 in my book. - Craiova v Dinamo | Crucial derby for Craiova. They can't afford to lose this one, neither Dinamo. I like Craiova because they are one of the great clubs in our country but they are falling down bellow a moron owner. This fixture always sold out in the past but now only couple of hundreds tickets were sold. Something on the home side maybe. I don't think Dinamo will win to nil this one anyway like they used in the past. - Astra v Vaslui | Vaslui was looking very sharp until the boring draw at home with Timisoara. They've pretty much lost the title but they've still got a shot for the second place. Vaslui is in a must win situation while Astra is cruising in the safe part of the table. Evens in the price on the away win. I suspect Astra will play a strong game and Vaslui will have to fully earn this victory, no easy money here. _______ All 5 games are going in-play on BetFair.

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Early opinions about the last two rounds of the Romanian First Division: Otelul and Timisoara are the main candidates for the title. Vaslui is pretty much out of the race after they ended 1-1 at Astra last night. Vaslui is 99% sure about the 3rd place, only Rapid could snatch it (1%, very unlikely). If Steaua and Dinamo will play the Cup Final, the 6th in the league will go to EL too. Medias has small chances after 0-0 with Steaua. How does the EL spots affect the title race? Well, Timisoara is playing Dinamo in the last round. Many years ago, when Mircea Lucescu was training Dinamo, Timisoara was relegated because of Dinamo's influence and then this great rivalry between Timisoara and Dinamo began. This is the fans point of view, because the clubs exchanged lots of players in the past years. Dan Alexa (Timisoara's captain) was a former Dinamo regular years ago. The most important player at Dinamo, Torje, was a big prospect at 18 years at Timisoara when he was sold for 2 mil. $ to Dinamo. There were few people at the stadium for Timisora versus Urziceni, but there are big chances for a sold out at Timisoara against Dinamo, especially if there will be a positive result at Otelul Galati. After then direct match with Timisoara, Otelul will travel to Ploiesti, playing Astra. The same Astra that stopped Vaslui although they had no real motivation. Selymes is the manager of Astra, while Munteanu is in charge at Otelul. They were like room mates when they played for the National team, decades ago. Earlier this season, Otelul won 2-1 with Astra after 2-0, but it wasn't really a threat for Otelul. If Otelul wins against Timisoara, they will win the League with 1 round to go. A draw will maintain the 1 point gap, while a defeat will put them out almost sure. There are no odds at the moment because of the assumption of dirty plays maybe and the book makers are playing it safe. I would bet on Otelul to win the title at odds above evens.

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Second Leg of Romanian Cup semifinals: Dinamo - Bistrita and Brasov-Steaua (In the first leg Steaua-Brasov 0-0 and Bistrita-Dinamo 0-2). Bistrita,unlike Dinamo,has shown no interes what so ever in the cup resting a lot of players in the first leg at home against Dinamo. Their priority is avoiding relegation and with a decisive match coming on Saturday against Craiova there's no doubt that Dinamo will win. In the other match anything can happen.Brasov plays good football,has a good coach and has a lot of ambition.Steaua on the other hand has no coach,their last games failed to impress and has problems scoring.Normally I'd put my money on Brasov but it's well known that the teams that play against Steaua show a little fear because of Steaua's reputation.I believe if Steaua scores first Brasov can't win. So a draw is most likely to happen.

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Thr8 Or Zago, i have a question for you two guys if you could answer me please. Today Dinamo Bucarest is playing the return leag of the cup at home against G.Bistrita. I am only waiting on D.Buchaest to win HT/FT tonite for my 8 team accum. to come up, am talking wining a 4 figure amount, am just so nervous as i found out that the first match Dinamo won 2:0, adn somehow i doubt they gonna put too much effort in this match and win HT/FT, what do you think, are they going to play a full team, and how about Bistrita, are they gonna take this match serious. Thanks fellas

Friday 13 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Unirea Urziceni v Astra Ploiesti (16:00 BST) 5.23 3.82 1.64 106.27 %
maximize.gif Gaz Metan Medias v CFR Cluj (18:30 BST) 2.3 3.2 3.42 103.97 %
Saturday 14 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Universitatea Cluj v Rapid Bucuresti (18:00 BST) 3.07 3.28 2.37 105.17 %
Sunday 15 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif FC Brasov v Pandurii Targu Jiu (14:00 BST) 2.13 3.25 3.47 106.54 %
maximize.gif FC Vaslui v Sportul Studentesc (16:00 BST) 1.22 5.65 13 106.77 %
maximize.gif Otelul Galati v FC Timisoara (18:00 BST) 2.62 3.15 2.85 104.93 %
Monday 16 May 2011 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Gloria Bistrita v Universitatea Craiova (16:00 BST) 2 3.27 4 105.58 %
maximize.gif Steaua Bucuresti v FCM Târgu Mures (18:00 BST) 1.46 4 8.5 105.22 %
maximize.gif Dinamo Bucuresti v Victoria Branesti (19:45 BST) 1.16 6.5 15 107.85 %

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 I read that Gloria Bistrita has no intrest in reaching the final, they have many injury worries and don't even play subtitutes, but reserve/youth players who play in Romania III league (bottom of the table). Is that true? And does anybody know with what line up will Dinamo play today? And from where to get starting line-ups before the kick off? Thanks in advance.

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Yes they will play with the youth team.Bistrita is not interested at all. As i said before Bistrita has a decisive match against Craiova this weekend.As for Dinamo since they have a young team with great attacking players i think it won't be noticeable a few changes in the team. here are the teams : http://www.prosport.ro/fotbal-intern/cupa-romaniei/live-text-dinamo-gloria-ora-20-45-vezi-echipele-probabile-8263638/galerie-2#picture

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 OK. Thanks for the information. So taking into account that Gloria II (that is where the youth players are taken for Gloria) is playing in Romania League III and are even there bottom table, losing some away games 4-0 or 5-0, they should lose this game with quite a big margin. Dinamo may be not motivated 100% since they lead 2-0 but the class difference will show. Dinamo -2,5 @ 2,75 seems nice. Also CS @ 1,7

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Thanks for the info lads and the starting lineups.I checked the apps and goals on soccerway.Dinamo if your lineups are correct will start with 174 league apps between them and players that have scored 19 league goals.Gloria have 28 league apps between them and 3 goals. Dinamo already beat Gloria 3-0 in the league and 7 of those players will start today whereas none of the Gloria players are the same. I know this is a cup game but I'm going for medium stakes on Dinamo -1AH @ 1.43........

Early opinions about the last two rounds of the Romanian First Division: Otelul and Timisoara are the main candidates for the title. Vaslui is pretty much out of the race after they ended 1-1 at Astra last night. Vaslui is 99% sure about the 3rd place, only Rapid could snatch it (1%, very unlikely). If Steaua and Dinamo will play the Cup Final, the 6th in the league will go to EL too. Medias has small chances after 0-0 with Steaua. How does the EL spots affect the title race? Well, Timisoara is playing Dinamo in the last round. Many years ago, when Mircea Lucescu was training Dinamo, Timisoara was relegated because of Dinamo's influence and then this great rivalry between Timisoara and Dinamo began. This is the fans point of view, because the clubs exchanged lots of players in the past years. Dan Alexa (Timisoara's captain) was a former Dinamo regular years ago. The most important player at Dinamo, Torje, was a big prospect at 18 years at Timisoara when he was sold for 2 mil. $ to Dinamo. There were few people at the stadium for Timisora versus Urziceni, but there are big chances for a sold out at Timisoara against Dinamo, especially if there will be a positive result at Otelul Galati. After then direct match with Timisoara, Otelul will travel to Ploiesti, playing Astra. The same Astra that stopped Vaslui although they had no real motivation. Selymes is the manager of Astra, while Munteanu is in charge at Otelul. They were like room mates when they played for the National team, decades ago. Earlier this season, Otelul won 2-1 with Astra after 2-0, but it wasn't really a threat for Otelul. If Otelul wins against Timisoara, they will win the League with 1 round to go. A draw will maintain the 1 point gap, while a defeat will put them out almost sure. There are no odds at the moment because of the assumption of dirty plays maybe and the book makers are playing it safe. I would bet on Otelul to win the title at odds above evens.
The equation is pretty simple. If Otelul manage to stay unbeaten in front of Timisoara, they are champions. Still, the real problems for them start on the pitch, as their display is simply disastrous lately. Bear in mind Otelul don’t possess much quality individually, and, above all, they have lost their strong game organization, which made them to be feared in the past. The pressure lies too heavy on their shoulders. Their only advantage might come from referees, as already happened in last rounds. Without those decisions in their favor, they would have lost the battle by now (they had also a couple of “easy” matches as well, but I won’t insist on them). On contrary, Timisoara is a completely different proposition. They don’t have a specific game organization, players are often reshuffled, the coach is simply inexistent, but they have quality and experience. Of course, all these parameters must be appreciated within Liga 1 standards. Timisoara’s bigger problems come from outside the pitch, as the club is close to bankruptcy. As I said, guests’ only chance is to win this game, otherwise end of road. If really needed, Otelul will win against Astra and even against Pandurii, assuming the last match will be eventually played on the field (a scenario which has started to look increasingly possible, according to the rumors). Of course, there is the third option, which refers at Timisoara’s license issues, but I think it hasn’t come the time yet for such a possibility. For me, Timisoara have the upper hand in this clash. Regarding the odds and a possible bet, this is another story. Good luck. P.S. Well, Timisoara-Dinamo is only a one-sided fans rivalry, as it comes only from Timisoara’s side. And yes, the owners of both clubs have close business relations, although they could still be influenced by their stage interests. :)

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Odds to win the title: Otelul @1.45 Timisoara @2.5 __________________ If you think Timisoara will do it, then I suggest you bet on the away win at Galati @3 for better value. Even if a draw will keep Tiimisoara in the race, the reality is Otelul will never fail to win at Astra knowing that a win is the only thing that stands between them and 20 mils. income from UCL. Only Gamebookers is offering odds for what I know. Sold out at Otelul versus Timisoara, all 14.00 tickets were sold in less then 3 hours. Few days until the game but I can't see Otelul losing this one. Robert Dumitru is the ref, it's not the worst one. I would take Otelul @2.5 at WillHill, but despite the must win situation, Timisoara will go for the draw again. Inexplicably you may say, but this is the First Division in Romania. The fact is there is no reasonable plan for Timisoara not to push for a win because Vaslui is 4 points behind, on 3rd. Timisoara will hold their hopes for the last round. There is a strong probability for a 0-0. I'd trade that. Under game. Some words regarding the dirty perspective of this year's winner. First of all, neither Vaslui, Timisoara or Otelul can play UCL group phase on their own stadiums. Timisoara played quals. few years ago but I'm almost 100% sure they are not allowed to host group matches at home. Cluj is a more realistic location but CFR are big rivals with Timisoara. The new stadium in Cluj is not 100% ready yet. I think Timisoara will go and play in Serbia, close enough from the city and important friendship between Timisoara and the Serbs. Now, about Otelul a little bit. They are a tiny club but Galati is one of the major cities in Romania (350.000 ppl). Munteanu is a decent manager and fully deserves this title considering the fact they've got no important players, just a motivated bunch of guys, young enough with 2-3 exceptions. Many are talking about some mistakes that were made in their favour, but it's stupid to back this idea after 4-5 replays where you can't really see the offside. Maybe I'm wrong, you never know, but it's hard to imagine a club that's paying around 30k average wages per year for their regulars can manipulate all the other big names in this league. I have no real preferences between this two sides. For a while I've thought Vaslui was way better then this two combined, but somehow they didn't put up well with the pressure. Anyways, both Otelul and Timisoara are easy money to bet against them in the UCL group phase and qualifiers. Good luck!

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Man, you were damn right about Otelul, so congrats. for your pick. The truth is I didn’t expect such a pathetic performance from Timi, and it is not the result I am talking about, but the way they played and, also, their attitude had nothing to do with a team which was supposed to come in Galati for a win, as their only chance to grab the title. I was also surprised by Otelul’s bold display, considering they looked for last 2 rounds like they were deeply overwhelmed by the huge stake pressing over their shoulders. After analyzing the game again and making some connections with other pieces of info I got, I think I found a reason for this result, but, anyway, it doesn’t count anymore, as I should have sensed it before the match. :wall So, keep it up and good luck. :hope

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Otelul are 4 points ahead now with one round to go and they are not champions yet. Only in Romania you can see a silly thing like this. Pandurii vs Otelul can be replayed and the initial 3-0 official win for Otelul is now pending. The verdict is not clear for the moment. Otelul trashed Timisoara on the field and everybody saw the better team this year. Vaslui can still grab the second position if Dinamo will play a fair game at Timisoara, but this I doubt. Tonight Dinamo will secure EL participation with an easy win against Branesti tonight. Very interesting situation for Steaua. I'm sure CFR and Tg. Mures will play for Medias. The scenario is the following: Tg. Mures has to stop Steaua from winning tonight or CFR has do the same thing at home with Steaua in the last round. Medias already won this Friday with (don't be very surprised!) CFR after they were losing 1-2 at half-time (full-time: 3-2). Steaua is playing Dinamo in the Cup Final but that's a 50-50 affair. Not even a win is enough for Steaua at the moment. Because Medias is 1 point ahead, Steaua has to play at their best at CFR. Medias is better then Steaua on h2h so Steaua is in a must win situation now. Medias is traveling to Craiova who has no real motivation being already relegated by then. In this condition, it's fair to say Medias has the upper hand against Steaua in most likely scenarios. Steaua has to win the Cup and I think they have a small edge over Dinamo despite losing 2 times this year against them. Steaua dominated Dinamo in both games but end up losing. It's hard to think Dinamo will end up lucky again. Olaroiu, the new manager, is the edge for Steaua, to be clear. Anyways, Steaua will push for a win today but odds aren't great, little bellow 1.50. I'll wait for the line-ups because I think Steaua will rotate some players for this game. Medium high stakes on the home win if Olaroiu will field a decent starting eleven. Good luck!

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 can someone add some info about Bistrita-Craiova? it looks clear to me that Bistrita is saved and Craiova is relegated. if that is correct,that also means lack of motivation from both sides. and with bistrita being a dodgy team,a bet on Craiova might be in view.not a solid bet,but worth few pennies. any views most appreciated.tnx.

can someone add some info about Bistrita-Craiova? it looks clear to me that Bistrita is saved and Craiova is relegated. if that is correct,that also means lack of motivation from both sides. and with bistrita being a dodgy team,a bet on Craiova might be in view.not a solid bet,but worth few pennies. any views most appreciated.tnx.
The gap between Bistrita and Craiova is 5 points with 2 rounds to go. Craiova can avoid the relegation, but they are awful. Imo, Bistrita will win this one and will lose at Branesti in order for Branesti to achieve the 25 points milestone. Craiova have a very bad morale and they are running with a lot of bad luck at the moment. I suggest Bistrita will win this one by 2 goals or more.

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Bistrita need at least 1 point from this match to be mathematically safe. Craiova are in a dramatic situation, with huge financial problems, which will prevent them for getting the license for next season, so they are doomed anyway. They are also without a coach, while the team is falling apart, with players that keep leaving, and others fighting with each other. Still, Craiova’s owner appointed this week a new club president, who has a very bad reputation in Romanian football. I am not sure whether the reasons for this move have something to do with these 2 last matches for Craiova or only with the future. Strictly from football perspective, Bistrita should win this match without many difficulties. If Bistrita gather at least 4 points from the last 2 matches (which won’t be too hard for them), they could overtake Pandurii in 13th place, which means a little bonus in money coming from TV rights. Bistrita have too a bad reputation for a long time, which they already proved it for several times this season. The club has also important financial issues, and there are other possibilities to bring in the money during these last 2 matches, and here they could meet Craiova’s needs too. The normal scenario would be Bistrita to win this match, but, if you are not sure about what you are doing, maybe it is better to stay away or, at least, to limit your stakes. As I said, hosts need after all only 1 point, so there is room for maneuver here. Good luck.

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 What about the odds? Bistrita were priced around 1.55 and 1.65 against Sportul and Branesti earlier this season, 2 teams which are, let’s say, at least on same level with Craiova, if not better. Now, Bistrita have around 1.85 to win against Craiova. It is like a gift, isn’t it? So, are these odds supposed to look attractive, or, by contrary, to move away the punters?

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Although Craiova is poor, they are better then Branesti or Sportul. Beside that, the odds reflect today's spot for both teams. I don't think Bistrita at 1.85 is that much value. If Craiova were 2 points behind I Think Bistrita would be priced above evens. 1.85 is rather grey for the home win for the majority of the punters and this is the exact purpose.

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Man, you could be right, I don't know, but take, for instance, Zaragoza's example from last night: they were priced at around 1.70 before the match against the Espanyol from the 8th place, who had still a theoretical motivation to fight (Europa League). I know it was a dodgy game, but still ... Considering the chaos from Craiova during these days, the odds look too good for me. :)

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Personally, I would have opted for something like 1.65-1.70 for Bistrita, with 0.75 as the Asian line. As the match goes by, the only problem is whether Bistrita will extend their lead or Craiova will manage to equalize. And this is a scenario for 0.75 line. If Bistrita win by 2 or more, the odds before match were huge value, as they would have allowed you to get around 2.15 for -0.75 AH. Because you predicted hosts' win by a 2 goal margin, I hope you didn't escape those odds. ;)

Re: Romania Liga 1. Realitatea 2010/2011 Straight win is enough for me. But, as I've said before, I expect Bistrita to win this one by 2 or more goals. The thing is I don't want to spoil a bet by creating extra attention on him. I like to do things more quietly in general. One more thing I'd like to add, I always compare the expected value of the general point of view and my own. I'd like to avoid public bets as much as possible.