Golf: 2010 Open Championship

Re: Golf: 2010 Open Championship

If you really want a good price bet....get on Ian Poulter E/W now at 100/1 whilst he sits 12 behind the leader. Expect fireworks today.
fireworks have started mate, +1 after 1, long way to go just realised you only have 22 posts, lets hope the other 21 were all winners especially with your criticism of a 25/1 winner in a 150 strong field ;)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fireworks have started mate, +1 after 1, long way to go just realised you only have 22 posts, lets hope the other 21 were all winners especially with your criticism of a 25/1 winner in a 150 strong field ;)
Nailing a 25/1 winner after picking 7 runners in the same market is hardly a remarkable achievement though and especially when that runner was the second fav! Your six losers in that same race kind of eat into your 25/1 winnings somewhat so it's bit of a stretch to claim how 'skillful' you've been. A winner is a winner though I suppose so credit where it's due. Now had you had a 125/1 winner I'd have been congratulating you with the rest of the sycophants on here. Good luck with the rest of your bets. PS. Hardly relevant how many posts I've made....whether it's 21 or 21,000 i'm just as entitled to an opinion as the next man. :ok

Re: Golf: 2010 Open Championship Still shows profit though If you had 21,000 posts you would have realised a long time ago that we are positive on here and congratulate winning bets and do not critise each others selections, and especially not winners

Still shows profit though If you had 21,000 posts you would have realised a long time ago that we are positive on here and congratulate winning bets and do not critise each others selections, and especially not winners
There's no criticism of the selection itself....like I said earlier, credit where it's due....any winner is good. It just brought a smile to my face to see all the "Great stuff Bowlesy" "You're the man", etc, etc comments. Anyone reading the plaudits would have thought he landed a monster. He basically backed the second fav and returned odds of 3/1 ish. No great shakes in my opinion. Seems like Bowlesy also got a bit carried away and referred to his 'skill' involved when making his selection. :rollin Anyway...back to the tournament. Good luck all.

There's no criticism of the selection itself....like I said earlier, credit where it's due....any winner is good. It just brought a smile to my face to see all the "Great stuff Bowlesy" "You're the man", etc, etc comments. Anyone reading the plaudits would have thought he landed a monster. He basically backed the second fav and returned odds of 3/1 ish. No great shakes in my opinion. Seems like Bowlesy also got a bit carried away and referred to his 'skill' involved when making his selection. :rollin Anyway...back to the tournament. Good luck all.
There was only 1 winner in the 1st rd market posted on here, ok so its not as good as a 100/1 winner but but stakes were 2pts win on the market where i staked, i staked 8.5pts, so i returned 52pts from 8.5pts stake, i make that over 5/1. As he was 2nd fav? (he was for the champs but not for 1st rd leader, maybe 3rd or 4th in the market), surely it is ok to hedge your bets a bit and back a few others in the market Perhaps the congratulations should have been less muted? Who knows, its nice to tip a winner and also for people to acknowledge it. I am sure if you manage to stay around a while Bilko you will see how this place works. Your comments deserved a reply especially from me as they were construed as "oh well whats the big deal, picking the 2nd fav and winning @ 25/1"

Re: Golf: 2010 Open Championship I put a small bet e/w on Jeong at 750/1 before the tournament, keep expecting him to fall away but the lad is still going strong. Today is where it really matters though, if he can have another good round it will make the last day very interesting!

Re: Golf: 2010 Open Championship HENRIK STENSON E/W 10/1 just had a quick punt on the swede he looked good to me today to score what he has in those conditions is some going, and he was tied for 3rd three years ago, and this kind of price for a player of calibre who is sitting in the top 10 is attractive to me.

HENRIK STENSON E/W 10/1 just had a quick punt on the swede he looked good to me today to score what he has in those conditions is some going' date=' and he was tied for 3rd three years ago, and this kind of price for a player of calibre who is sitting in the top 10 is attractive to me.[/quote'] I got on too at 12s...

Followed the jiminez tip myself' date=' despite a poor finish he's still in with a place shout I suppose if things go his way tomorrow... Got to love his shot on the 17th off the wall![/quote'] Yeh im hoping my original bet at 125s comes in for a place, got 7 places so who knows..

The Open Bets to date Outright - Chris Wood 90.0 Betfair 2.5pts win 3rd & 5th in last 2 opens. Hits the ball long and straight, seems to have the right game for links courses, price is possibly a back to lay price

Outright - Luke Donald 40/1 Paddy Power 1.5pts win made last 4 cuts after missing 5 previous, 5th last year. Done well on Euro tour this season after switching from America with an eye on a Ryder Cup place Outright - Ernie Els 20/1 Sporting bet 2.5pts win made cut every year since 1992, 11 top 10’s in 17 years. Hit form again this year, needs to avoid those risky shots and play to par Outright - F Molinari 75/1 Paddy Power 1pt win Italian in good form, jt 3rd in the scotish open when overshadowed by his brother last week Ouright - P Hanson 110/1 Paddy Power 1pt win Made last 4 cuts in the Open, back to lay price Outright - S Garcia 90/1 Sporting bet - 1pt win 5th here in 2005, dropped in the rankings but will be keen to show he can still mix it with the best, unlikely to make Ryder cup so will be keen to win Outright - Darren Clarke 100/1 Sporting bet 1pt win 7th and 15th here in 2000 & 2005. Superb 4 days at Loch Lomond last week Outright - Tiger Woods 6/1 Sporting bet 5pts win 66 & 67 opening rounds here in 2000/5, won by large margins in both years, 6/1 could prove to be a big price if he is in the zone for this
My one and only pick, Poulter, never really got going Bowlsy. That happens. Of course the 100/1 doesn't look good value now but hindsight makes us all a smartass. How's you EIGHT outright picks looking? Any value there? :dude

Re: Golf: 2010 Open Championship Excellent stuff today by Louis Oosthuizen. He's played some super golf and fully deserves to be 4 clear going into tomorrow. The question is whether his nerves holds up. If not, I'm hoping either Casey or Kaymer can take advantage. A great day's golf. Let's hope for more of the same:clap

Excellent stuff today by Louis Oosthuizen. He's played some super golf and fully deserves to be 4 clear going into tomorrow. The question is whether his nerves holds up. If not, I'm hoping either Casey or Kaymer can take advantage. A great day's golf. Let's hope for more of the same:clap
Totally agree mate. Cracking day of golf :clap. It's a 2 horse race for me. Even if Oosty loses his way a bit he's got a 7 shot buffer bar one player and unlike Pebble Beach I can't see where he can totally blow it like Johnson did. Someone's going to have to go and get him and Casey looks like the only one close enough to do it. Hoping for you that Casey does reel him in :hope:hope.

My one and only pick, Poulter, never really got going Bowlsy. That happens. Of course the 100/1 doesn't look good value now but hindsight makes us all a smartass. How's you EIGHT outright picks looking? Any value there? :dude
Welcome Bilko.......looking forward to following your picks in the near future!:ok (Bowles...hang your head in shame.....feckin 25/1 winner....c'mon, get a grip....at least 100/1 required before you get any praise):lol:lol:lol Feckin bunch of girls!:moon TQM

Re: Golf: 2010 Open Championship yep, enjoyed todays play, watched most of it and felt the pin positions were a bit kind today and the greens were slower as they were not cut beforehand tomorrow will be different, not sure casey will do it and its Louis' to lose now with that lead. Strange things happen in the open and if someone posts -11 or -12 from the pack that might put the pressure on Should be a good final day

Thanks for the comments bilko unfortunately, it doesnt look like i will be picking the winner however over the 4 days, i wont be losing thanks to Mcilroy:tongue2 by the way, you missed the other 2 bets i had on Robert Rock and Darren Clarke at big odds:ok not sure i will place another bet now as i am not sure the front 2 will balls this up

Re: Golf: 2010 Open Championship 2 Ball - L.Oosthuizen to beat P.Casey @ 9/4 Paddy Power Oosthuizen has not really put a foot wrong all week so this looks a big price to beat Casey, he'll have nerves on the final round of course but he held off Casey well yesterday when under pressure. Just wouldn't have Oosthuizen at such a price, I'd make Casey favourite yeah but value on Oosthuizen for me.

L.Oosthuizen to beat P.Casey @ 9/4 Paddy Power Oosthuizen has not really put a foot wrong all week so this looks a big price to beat Casey, he'll have nerves on the final round of course but he held off Casey well yesterday when under pressure. Just wouldn't have Oosthuizen at such a price, I'd make Casey favourite yeah but value on Oosthuizen for me.
He is 4 shots in front with Casey having bottled the big days a few times this to me seems like an incredible bet... Im having some of that

not sure i will place another bet now
That's disappointing Bowelsy. I've been waiting on you tipping up BOTH Casey & Oosthuizen at this stage. Then you can sit back, admire your 'skill' and wait for the praise to come flooding in. :lol

That's disappointing Bowelsy. I've been waiting on you tipping up BOTH Casey & Oosthuizen at this stage. Then you can sit back' date= admire your 'skill' and wait for the praise to come flooding in. :lol
Christ, what a bore....haven't you got any housework to do mate?

Who are you? Another one of Bowelsy bitches?
No need to resort to insults. You've clearly got some issues to resolve, Might I suggest that you take some time off and address them rather than persisting with this monotonous litany of sarcastic comments?