Golf: 2010 Open Championship

Re: Golf: 2010 Open Championship

That's disappointing Bowelsy. I've been waiting on you tipping up BOTH Casey & Oosthuizen at this stage. Then you can sit back' date= admire your 'skill' and wait for the praise to come flooding in. :lol
Bore off and putting a little smiley at the end of each post doesnt disguise the fact your having a dig everytime

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: 2010 Open Championship Will probably get shot down here as I don't have any stats to back me up but here goes. In the ryder cup I backed each match to end in a tie at odds of 11/2 which simply appeared to be a bit big! This returned a tidy profit for me! I stumbled accross the two balls markets again yesterday early afternoon and spotted will hill had priced the tie for each match at 15/2 which made my eyes pop out. Having backed each of the remaining 20 two balls at 2 points each I sat back and watched with fingers crossed! Basically at these odds I needed 3 ties out of 20 to return profit of 11 points. Two ties return a loss of 6 points. Three ties don't sound outrageous but you obviously have a chance of bigger profits. 0 ties out of 20 = 40 point loss 1 tie = 23 point loss 2 ties = 6 point loss 3 ties = 11 point profit 4ties = 28 point profit and so on.. There were indeed 3 ties out of 20 selections yesterday which returned a small profit. I I wonder if any one has stats to state the bookies odds meant I got lucky or is there value in this sort of strategy. 15/2 just seems a bit big to me , I could well be wrong! All of will hills two ball prices are again15/2 fir today.

I still fancy louis to shoot maybe level par and Casey to shoot 74' date=' 75..[/quote'] And in a similar vein, I see that Sportingbet have the Westwood/Cañizares 2-ball at 1.5 and 3.0 respectively, which surely must represent a bit of value in a two-horse race. Cañizares is hitting 80% of fairways, putting well and finished second in France a couple of weeks ago.

Will probably get shot down here as I don't have any stats to back me up but here goes. In the ryder cup I backed each match to end in a tie at odds of 11/2 which simply appeared to be a bit big! This returned a tidy profit for me! I stumbled accross the two balls markets again yesterday early afternoon and spotted will hill had priced the tie for each match at 15/2 which made my eyes pop out. Having backed each of the remaining 20 two balls at 2 points each I sat back and watched with fingers crossed! Basically at these odds I needed 3 ties out of 20 to return profit of 11 points. Two ties return a loss of 6 points. Three ties don't sound outrageous but you obviously have a chance of bigger profits. 0 ties out of 20 = 40 point loss 1 tie = 23 point loss 2 ties = 6 point loss 3 ties = 11 point profit 4ties = 28 point profit and so on.. There were indeed 3 ties out of 20 selections yesterday which returned a small profit. I I wonder if any one has stats to state the bookies odds meant I got lucky or is there value in this sort of strategy. 15/2 just seems a bit big to me , I could well be wrong! All of will hills two ball prices are again15/2 fir today.
i can see where you are coming from but note that the ryder cup was matchplay therefore more likely to produce a tie playing holes rather than players shooting the exact same score - just not the same type of bet IMO GL

Re: Golf: 2010 Open Championship Have to some interest in that final session today, the only player i can see making a move could be Lee Westwood and taken 16/1 for 2.5pts to see how he goes, the putter will need to work today but Lee has been in this position more than the other 4 players in the top 5 and when the pressure comes, hopefully he will be the one (i recall i backed him last year and he choked a putt on 18 to miss out on the play off, lets hope that doesnt happen again). Casey and the south african deserve a lot of credit and havent yet had a bad round between them.

Re: Golf: 2010 Open Championship this could get interesting now with lead down to 3 and the wind getting stronger Louis dropped his 1st shot at 8 and that may be the turning point. Anyone who can post -11 or -12 may be in with a shout still plenty of birdies ahead!

Am hoping for JB Holmes 125/1 to get in the top 7 so I at least get one of my 10 original bets paying out something haha..
Ten bets...no winners? Ask 'skillful' Bowelsy for a tip mate. :nana:moon

He is 4 shots in front with Casey having bottled the big days a few times this to me seems like an incredible bet... Im having some of that
This is looking more and more likely now... Thanks for putting it up earlier, will get me back to even for the championship

Hi Guys! Hope you have been cleaning up with the Bookies,i have not posted for a while due to playing far too much golf,however I have still been having a flutter with no big noteable winners.This week that will change "Aye Right"! I have studied everything from course form to likely weather patterns,here Above Prices Stanjames Enhanced win only prices. P.S I watched Jin Jeong on the Europeantour Weekly slot win the British Amateur championship at MUIRFIELD where he disposed of the Scots Lad easily,He must have single putted about a third of the 36 holes,and at 3/1 @Betfair I feel he is Nailed on for the Top Amateur,get your money down.

GOOD LUCK ALL

thats a great shout mate, was the only one to make the cut and money safely in the bag, eagled the last today also :clap

2 Ball - L.Oosthuizen to beat P.Casey @ 9/4 Paddy Power Oosthuizen has not really put a foot wrong all week so this looks a big price to beat Casey, he'll have nerves on the final round of course but he held off Casey well yesterday when under pressure. Just wouldn't have Oosthuizen at such a price, I'd make Casey favourite yeah but value on Oosthuizen for me.
Not much luck with the outrights but something to enjoy at the end, good play throughout from the South African.

P.S I watched Jin Jeong on the Europeantour Weekly slot win the British Amateur championship at MUIRFIELD where he disposed of the Scots Lad easily,He must have single putted about a third of the 36 holes,and at 3/1 @Betfair I feel he is Nailed on for the Top Amateur,get your money down.

GOOD LUCK ALL

Great tip, sadly I missed the bet on top amateur but enjoyed following Jeong's progress.
2 Ball - L.Oosthuizen to beat P.Casey @ 9/4 Paddy Power Oosthuizen has not really put a foot wrong all week so this looks a big price to beat Casey, he'll have nerves on the final round of course but he held off Casey well yesterday when under pressure. Just wouldn't have Oosthuizen at such a price, I'd make Casey favourite yeah but value on Oosthuizen for me.
I know very little about golf but value is value at any time, thanks for sharing this one.

RORY McILROY 16/1 PADDY POWER E/W 7 PLACES Its about time the lad landed a major. Its time to put up and shut up. Will be determined to put up a big show here after fellow Ulsterman Graham McDowell recent US major win although i suppose that could go the other way and give added pressure but i have faith in the lad and have had a very decent e/w bet on him. After a poor US open he bounced back in France although a little let down by his putting. He has took a week off in prep for this and has prepared well for the task in hand . I think theres a chance he will come out of the blocks all guns firing so a little e/w bet (5 places PP) to be 1st round leader at 25's is in order. Wouldn't it be so sweet two Ulstermen winning majors in the same year may even bring a little tear to my eye if that was to be the case. I will be be gutted if come sunday afternoon Rory isn't in with a shout as i really fancy his chances and i get the vibes he really does to. RETIEF GOOSEN 60/1 PP E/W 7 PLACES Well capable of having a good week and always gives you a run for your money. Could turn out to be a massive price.
No cigar for me but can't complain with 3rd & 6th place to land the e/w money that along with having 1st round lead:) But no doubt about the winner the young South African blew them all away:notworthy

Well hello all,been a while. big one this week hopefully pull it out of the bag. Rory Mcilroy e/w @18 to1 PP 1-7 PAYOUT 3pts McIlroy has never scored more than 69 here in all his competitive outings thus far. A top five finish last time out in The French Open two weeks ago and a little inside info from a good source says that this has been his main goal for the last two years, workin upto this one. Luke Donals e/w @ 40TO1 PP 1pt Won Madrid Masters, 2nd at BMW and 3rd at Welsh open. He also has 4 top10's on us tour.Good putter and if it gets hot he'll be there or there abouts Francesco Molinari e/w @70 to1 PP 1pt One of the best on tour for ball striking and length, not a great putter but had a real good week in scotland and didnt hole a thing all week. Another good prospect if a few drop for him Phil Mickelson e/w @20 to 1 PP 2pts Incredible odds for big Phil, didnt play too bad at scotland bar the 9 on a hole on fri, he's aggresive, long and will have added incentive to become No1. Trev Immelman e/w 150 to 1 PP 1pt A tremdous talent and has wona major already, starting to show some consistent form again and willin to take a punt on him at massive odds to get inside the top 7
each way on mc ilroy still leaves me up for de week, should have done so much more, donald and immelman close but no payout.

Re: Golf: 2010 Open Championship always had Casey down as abottler does anyone know how many times Casey has come from 2nd place or below after a £rd round and go on to wimn my point being i don't think he is a good chaser whereas when leading he seems to canter to victory