UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July

Event Aktobe Lento - Olimpi Rustavi
Selection Aktobe Lento
Strength 10/10
Date 14/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning Aktobe Lento looks like to be a solid favorite to win this game. They don't have the necessary international experience, but they already showed that they are a hard team to beat on their stadium, and today won't be different. Aktobe Lento showed to be strong at home and weak away. The hosts also have the advantage of being already in competition on their domestic league, while the visitors don't play a single official game since May. The visitors will play with ten new players if we make a comparison to the last season and they should have quality but it takes a lot of time to play as a team. And they also have some injuries for today. It seems to be a home win with quite good odds.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July I was looking at the overs in Linfield, as -1.5 on the HC away seems a bit much. Anyway, in looking at Rosenborg's past European campaign's it doesn't fill me with confidence that this will be a big win. Last season they began against NSI, of the Faroe Islands, and their opening 3-0 win away was fashioned with a 89' PG...in the return leg, it was 1-1 at home after 90', then Rosenborg got a PG and a goal from play in extra time. After that, Qarabagh. The previous year, also Europa League, they began by giving up a 90' goal at Djurgarden, losing 1-2 before winning the return leg at home 5-0. The year prior to that was their CL run, and it did begin with two convincing wins against Astana, and then 3-0 (away) and 2-0 (return, home) wins against Tampere Utd. On the other side, Linfield, even with all those losses in Europe, plays them pretty tight, except for last year's EL tie against Randers. The previous two years in CL, they played four unders (two draws) against Dinamo Zagreb and Elfsborg, losing both ties. I'd be curious whether anyone thinks Rosenborg can break down a (likely) defensive performance in NI.

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July Rosenborg is in great form they won last 5 league games, so I think they strikers will try to resolve game against linfield today. I dont expect from Linfield much, its a start of season, so they defence is in proces like every team in start of season, so i belive it will crack more then 2 times

Re: UEFA Champions League > 13th - 14th July BATE - FH Interestingly BATE is playing Icelandic opposition for the 3rd time in 4 seasons. They also played FH in 2007. That time they beat them 1-3 away although they did allow 1-1 at home, I think that was more because of the away result. Then they beat Valur in both games, Valur also from Iceland. This time they want to get the result in the homegame. FH is best team imo in Iceland but their style doesn't translate well to European football. They are a bit open at the back and probably concede too much which isn't a problem in Iceland as they just score more but for this game it will be a big problem. Also Fylkir from Iceland just lost 1-6 on aggregate against a much much poorer Belarus side than BATE. Also BATE must have more money since they made CL recently so I assume a stronger team. So a super home banker IMO and I would also fancy some BATE+1 bets or like somebody else did here, BATE only team to score which seems like an excellent bet.

I was looking at the overs in Linfield, as -1.5 on the HC away seems a bit much. Anyway, in looking at Rosenborg's past European campaign's it doesn't fill me with confidence that this will be a big win. Last season they began against NSI, of the Faroe Islands, and their opening 3-0 win away was fashioned with a 89' PG...in the return leg, it was 1-1 at home after 90', then Rosenborg got a PG and a goal from play in extra time. After that, Qarabagh. The previous year, also Europa League, they began by giving up a 90' goal at Djurgarden, losing 1-2 before winning the return leg at home 5-0. The year prior to that was their CL run, and it did begin with two convincing wins against Astana, and then 3-0 (away) and 2-0 (return, home) wins against Tampere Utd. On the other side, Linfield, even with all those losses in Europe, plays them pretty tight, except for last year's EL tie against Randers. The previous two years in CL, they played four unders (two draws) against Dinamo Zagreb and Elfsborg, losing both ties. I'd be curious whether anyone thinks Rosenborg can break down a (likely) defensive performance in NI.
I appreciate what you're saying but its difficult to look back too far and still have a clear view of how this match will prob play out. They now have a different manager who is apparently very attack orientated and they are scoring goals for fun against what are, more than likely, better teams than Linfield in a stronger league set-up. Linfield are also in pre-season while Rosenborg have been up and running for a while. Could Linfield keep them out? Sure, anything could happen, but when you look at the information available its difficult to make an argument for it happening. They will be lining up 4-5-1 and supporting Ferguson whenever possible but the aim will be to keep it tight for as long as possible, as usual the early goal will be crucial. If Rosenborg get it I dont think 3 or 4 will be out of the question, the longer Linfield hold on the more belief they will have, but remember they wont be anywhere near as match ready as Rosenborg. Rosenborg -1EH for me.

BATE - FH Interestingly BATE is playing Icelandic opposition for the 3rd time in 4 seasons. They also played FH in 2007. That time they beat them 1-3 away although they did allow 1-1 at home, I think that was more because of the away result. Then they beat Valur in both games, Valur also from Iceland. This time they want to get the result in the homegame. FH is best team imo in Iceland but their style doesn't translate well to European football. They are a bit open at the back and probably concede too much which isn't a problem in Iceland as they just score more but for this game it will be a big problem. Also Fylkir from Iceland just lost 1-6 on aggregate against a much much poorer Belarus side than BATE. Also BATE must have more money since they made CL recently so I assume a stronger team. So a super home banker IMO and I would also fancy some BATE+1 bets or like somebody else did here, BATE only team to score which seems like an excellent bet.
My thought excactly, 0-0 at halft time is scaring my though :hope:hope

I appreciate what you're saying but its difficult to look back too far and still have a clear view of how this match will prob play out. They now have a different manager who is apparently very attack orientated and they are scoring goals for fun against what are, more than likely, better teams than Linfield in a stronger league set-up. Linfield are also in pre-season while Rosenborg have been up and running for a while. Could Linfield keep them out? Sure, anything could happen, but when you look at the information available its difficult to make an argument for it happening. They will be lining up 4-5-1 and supporting Ferguson whenever possible but the aim will be to keep it tight for as long as possible, as usual the early goal will be crucial. If Rosenborg get it I dont think 3 or 4 will be out of the question, the longer Linfield hold on the more belief they will have, but remember they wont be anywhere near as match ready as Rosenborg. Rosenborg -1EH for me.
Thanks for the response. I don't disagree in theory, but Rosenborg had a great attack over the last few years too...and every year they are in the middle of the season while their opponents were not when the Euro campaign starts.

Thanks for the response. I don't disagree in theory' date=' but Rosenborg had a great attack over the last few years too...and every year they are in the middle of the season while their opponents were not when the Euro campaign starts.[/quote'] They are very aware of especially last year's fiasco, which only strengthens the bet imo; they'll do everything they can to end it in the first leg. Furthermore, those matches you listed were in a 'down period' for Rosenborg - 4 years without winning after 12 straight titles. They're back now.

Thanks for the response. I don't disagree in theory' date=' but Rosenborg had a great attack over the last few years too...and every year they are in the middle of the season while their opponents were not when the Euro campaign starts.[/quote'] We'll see in a bit I guess, hoping to get a decent stream of the game..:ok..BATE looking home and hosed at 2-0 after 73mins, good call people..

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Linfield v Rosenborg BK
Selection Rosenborg BK
Strength 10/10
Date 14/07/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.38 (Back)
Reasoning Just a short for Rosenborg to North Irelandic team. North Ireland sell most of their promising and experienced players to England, so Linfield is composed mostly of young players. Even withing Linfield own fans there is great respect for Rosenborg as they know many great players that originated from there. With his new coach Rosenborg will take this game as matter of pride. They do not know anything other than attack. And with the hosts forced to score to have any chance, this will go to many goals and all of them in Linfield net.

Last year Vetra eliminated HIK from Europe cup' date='Ekranas better team that Vetra.One thing is bad for Ekranas.Dont play good midf.A.Kucys and maybe D.Galkevicius.Odds dropping on HIK,but I watched HIK matches in Finland liga.Nothing special.I think here will be [b']under 2.5 ,maybe good price for Ekranas victory.Ekranas play strong at home,they have one of the best supports in Lithuania.Little stake Ekranas win expekt 2.55.
FT FK Ekranas won 1-0:dude

#$#$# FKN BATE let in a goal at 89th minute leading 4-0. I was on BATE to win to nil. They probably got careless with the win already well in the bag :wall
I mean such a loss can hurt, but with a good bankroll management one should not be sooo sticked to one single outcome as its only one of many matches.

#$#$# FKN BATE let in a goal at 89th minute leading 4-0. I was on BATE to win to nil. They probably got careless with the win already well in the bag :wall
I mean such a loss can hurt' date=' but with a good bankroll management one should not be sooo sticked to one single outcome as its only one of many matches.[/quote'] I had an equal bet and it hurts a lot. :@ you just wish you'd've taken the handicap instead. but the stake was low today, so thanks to my bankroll management teachers.. can't the leagues just start??? :gimme

can't the leagues just start??? :gimme
Here's another idea: Don't bet! I suffer a lot less when I let games go that I don't feel right about. There will always be games tomorrow and the day after that. I stayed away from Rosenborg today because I just couldn't shake my doubts about them. I could have bet on Linfield, I suppose...but I just stayed away from CL games entirely, and broke even.

Rosenborg really screwed me tonight :(
a very unexpected result. All I can say is to take Rosenborg -2 in the home leg to recoup losses of tonight. Can see a Linfield collapse if they concede early with Rosenborg adopting - you would think- an all out attack from the start.

a very unexpected result. All I can say is to take Rosenborg -2 in the home leg to recoup losses of tonight. Can see a Linfield collapse if they concede early with Rosenborg adopting - you would think- an all out attack from the start.
I'm not sure about all out attack. After a 0-0 away leg, they will be wary of conceding an away goal. I'm not saying they won't win but it might not be easy.

Aktobe-Olympia Rustavi = 1 (1.75) bet365 stake 4 / 10 Aktobe is the champion of Kazakhstan is a strong team and have maintained the same formation last season, are still the month of June. While Olympia Rustavi finished the season in first place in May, they have changed many players including their best striker and best player of the championship in Georgia. The Olympia had in its ranks several Brazilian players now with their departure will have a difficult time. The Georgian team for this meeting only 15 players available, then the difficulties are doubled. Eventually my prediction is 1 :hope:hope:hope
Cheers mate, followed you on this one :ok

Aktobe-Olympia Rustavi = 1 (1.75) bet365 stake 4 / 10 Aktobe is the champion of Kazakhstan is a strong team and have maintained the same formation last season, are still the month of June. While Olympia Rustavi finished the season in first place in May, they have changed many players including their best striker and best player of the championship in Georgia. The Olympia had in its ranks several Brazilian players now with their departure will have a difficult time. The Georgian team for this meeting only 15 players available, then the difficulties are doubled. Eventually my prediction is 1 :hope:hope:hope
Profit :cow:clap:ok:clap:cow

Couldn't agree with you more. Linfield barricaded themselves in their own penalty area for much of the game, there is no way they they are going to get away with this in Norway. For Rosenberg it will be as easy as pie at home. Hail Hail