Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25

with the draw still to take place and the final field not yet confirmed i will be back with more tips later. Nice to be back again and hope i still have the success i enjoyed at the Players Champs and World Champs. ADRIAN LEWIS 33/1 EW. make no mistake this lad is capable of the highest quality darts, and on his game there is no better scorer in the game than Jackpot, his only achilles heel seems to be taking on Taylor, and he is prone to rush the darts just a tad on the big finishes. For me though he should be backed this format at Balckpool of leg play rather than sets suits Aidy down to the ground asd matchplay enable a players to charge off into the distance the way that set play does'nt allow. and if Aidy can open a 5-6 leg gap on his opponents (quite within his capabilities) then he won't be caught by 99% of the field i'm afraid that 33s is far to big a price here i'd have been looking more towards 16-20s myself. so lets give Stanley a bloody nose and take his price here. PAUL NICHOLSON 66/1 EW at the risk of copping the wrath of Kevshat here! he hates the asset i on the other hand rate this guy, the ONLY man to beat Taylor in a televised game this year, Januarys players champs saw him priced also at 66s and he went on to win that (recall i tipped him too ) this lad has guts and bottle that is not in doubt, he can score heavily though more a John Lowe type (140s , 100s) than a maximum but he always seems to ram them in at just the right moment also his success rate the third dart is something i've noticed always seems to find the bed with the final dart usually leaving himself on an outshot. and his forte is taking out the big shots in the players champ you may recall he took out around 6 100+ shots in the final against Taylor and i'm think they set a record of 6 consecutive legas of 100+ finishes Most men would have faltered in those circumstances, fisrt major final, against an on form Taylor, at the circus tavern for the first time but Paul just revells in adversity. while i accept his entrance and demeanour on stage is' not everyones cup of tea (just ask Kev) no one can doubt his ability darts needs his ilk, he is a breathe of fresh air and surely ANYONE that can take on Taylor AND beat him should be welcomed! the only thing that concerns me about Nichloson is the format i think he is better suited to set play, though his PC win was matchplay so thats a minor concern, so i am taking him at this price he can beat ANY of the top 16 players and i guarantee you they will not want to be in his half of the draw. RONNIE BAXTER 66/1 the rocket has been enjoying an Indian summer in the last 18 months, and he seems to really enjoy the week in Blackpool more than most, he has been runner up here before snatching defeat from the jaws of victory as i recall, but Ronni is a likeable chap and a real favourie on the circuit , yes we know he has weaknesses his finishing under pressure is suspect, and he is like Lewis in that he can rattle off half a dozen legs in no time but he also shoare a Lewis trait i forgot to mention, he is'nt a good chaser when they are leading all well and good but they always seems to struggle when behind in a game ( othe players like Part, Preistley, Whitlock Painter Taylor and Nicholson) seem to thrive on having to claw back a lead whilst others don't relish it and indeed aretotally differnt players when having to do so. but im happy to take Ronnie at this price. Those are my opening salvos, i'll be back when the draw is confirmed though a havy workload this week may prevent me from posting as much as i would like

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: STAN JAMES WORLD MATCHPLAY DARTS Time for me to begin to turn my attention to this now. Will be back with some outrights nearer the off in a tournament I absolutely love but I'll go with one outright just now. 4pts P.Taylor Most Tournament 180's 7/2 Betfred Really like this price. Unlike in the Premier League when I piled into Adrian Lewis in this market, the 180's will be distorted depending on how far a player gets in the competition. You'd be a brave man to suggest Phil Taylor won't win this event. I think he will even though in Anderson or Whitlock he has a potential tough semi final opponent. Bookies do too given that he's a best of 4/9 to win the event. So we can factor in that Taylor will play the full 5 matches. Going through his rivals in market order we've got Anderson who has a tough 1st round game against Thornton and is in a really tough quarter of the draw. Adrian Lewis is a huge 180 hitter but he's got a tough 1st round match in Mark Webster and with all likelihood Wade and Barney to go through before a final I'm fine to take Jackpot on. James Wade has a nice draw but hasn't hit the 180's he capable of in 2010 really and if he played Taylor in the final I'm very confident Taylor would have hit more 180's by then. Simon Whitlock could be a contender but he'd meet Taylor in the semis if he got past Anderson or King in the quarter finals. Barney aside, who could be Taylor's biggest danger for me, the rest are making up the numbers in this market. There is the school of thought I guess that Taylor would win matches easier than most and not play many legs but it's not often you lose a leg having hit a 180 and the amount of times it would happen isn't worth worrying about. Taylor on his night can be a heavy 180 scorer and with a rematch with Nicholson, the only guy to have beaten him on TV this year, in the last 16 before a new rival in Whitlock and Anderson in the last 4, Taylor will be focused on big scoring and thrashing opponents more so than normal. 7/2 is a more than fair price on what could turn into a 2 horse race between the two finalists so I'm more than happy to get on at this price.

Re: STAN JAMES WORLD MATCHPLAY DARTS Was looking around the betfred site and going for this... World Matchplay Specials First Round Enhanced Acca's 3 points Taylor, Barneveld, Wade & Whitlock All To Win @ 2.05 Not really much reasoning behind this, all 4 favourites and I think they'll see of there opponents in the first round easily, barring an upset.

Re: STAN JAMES WORLD MATCHPLAY DARTS

Saturday 17 July 2010 Player 1 Player 2 BPP
maximize.gif Priestley, D v van der Voort, V (19:10 BST) 2.4 1.67 101.55 %
maximize.gif Osborne, C v Jones, W (20:00 BST) 1.61 2.56 100.97 %
maximize.gif Van Barneveld, R v Ovens, D (21:00 BST) 1.44 3.12 101.23 %
maximize.gif Baxter, R v Caven, J (22:00 BST) 1.66 2.54 99.37 %
Sunday 18 July 2010 Player 1 Player 2 BPP
maximize.gif Hamilton, A v Stompé, C (19:10 BST) 1.72 2.37 100.00 %
maximize.gif Lewis, A v Webster, M (20:00 BST) 1.57 2.76 99.87 %
maximize.gif Wade, J v Smith, A (21:00 BST) 1.22 5.1 101.43 %
maximize.gif Tabern, A v Newton, W (22:00 BST) 2 1.9 102.38 %
Monday 19 July 2010 Player 1 Player 2 BPP
maximize.gif Jenkins, T v Brown, S (19:10 BST) 1.38 3.55 100.62 %
maximize.gif Whitlock, S v Eccles, T (20:00 BST) 1.2 5.6 100.59 %
maximize.gif Thornton, R v Anderson, G (21:00 BST) 4.1 1.3 101.31 %
maximize.gif King, M v Klaasen, J (22:00 BST) 1.44 3.25 100.00 %
Tuesday 20 July 2010 Player 1 Player 2 BPP
maximize.gif Lloyd, C v Painter, K (19:10 BST) 1.9 2 102.38 %
maximize.gif Walsh, M v Dudbridge, M (20:00 BST) 1.61 2.5 101.90 %
maximize.gif Taylor, P v Bates, B (21:00 BST) 1.05 21 99.45 %
maximize.gif Nicholson, P v Beaton, S (22:00 BST) 1.54 2.62 103.03 %

Time for me to begin to turn my attention to this now. Will be back with some outrights nearer the off in a tournament I absolutely love but I'll go with one outright just now. 4pts P.Taylor Most Tournament 180's 7/2 Betfred Really like this price. Unlike in the Premier League when I piled into Adrian Lewis in this market, the 180's will be distorted depending on how far a player gets in the competition. You'd be a brave man to suggest Phil Taylor won't win this event. I think he will even though in Anderson or Whitlock he has a potential tough semi final opponent. Bookies do too given that he's a best of 4/9 to win the event. So we can factor in that Taylor will play the full 5 matches. Going through his rivals in market order we've got Anderson who has a tough 1st round game against Thornton and is in a really tough quarter of the draw. Adrian Lewis is a huge 180 hitter but he's got a tough 1st round match in Mark Webster and with all likelihood Wade and Barney to go through before a final I'm fine to take Jackpot on. James Wade has a nice draw but hasn't hit the 180's he capable of in 2010 really and if he played Taylor in the final I'm very confident Taylor would have hit more 180's by then. Simon Whitlock could be a contender but he'd meet Taylor in the semis if he got past Anderson or King in the quarter finals. Barney aside, who could be Taylor's biggest danger for me, the rest are making up the numbers in this market. There is the school of thought I guess that Taylor would win matches easier than most and not play many legs but it's not often you lose a leg having hit a 180 and the amount of times it would happen isn't worth worrying about. Taylor on his night can be a heavy 180 scorer and with a rematch with Nicholson, the only guy to have beaten him on TV this year, in the last 16 before a new rival in Whitlock and Anderson in the last 4, Taylor will be focused on big scoring and thrashing opponents more so than normal. 7/2 is a more than fair price on what could turn into a 2 horse race between the two finalists so I'm more than happy to get on at this price.
Kev, do you still see any value in this bet at 5/2 with Fred now?

Kev' date=' do you still see any value in this bet at 5/2 with Fred now?[/quote'] I do yes. I think you need to ask yourself if you think Taylor will win the tournament (or at least make the final). If you do, then in all likelihood given the way the tournament lengthens round by round this will almost be a 2 horse race between the two finalists barring someone going off their tits. So if you do think Taylor will make the final then you've almost got 5/2 on a 2 horse race. That's the way I see the market anyway mate :ok.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 Will take my 1st outright bet now too. 1.5pts ew R.Barneveld to win World Matchplay 18/1 Stan James (1/2 1,2) I really like Barney's chances this week in a tournament it's fair to say he's massively underachieved in. We saw him at his worst in the Premier League but having confessed about the blackmail he was being subjected to and how it affected his family I think we need to give the Dutchman some slack. After he had brought that out into the public domain his performances in the Premier League took a massive raise. He hit the 9 darter against Jenkins and played a lot better. So much so in fact that if he'd qualified for Bolton I was all set to take him to win there. He didn't so I've had to wait until now but I really do think this price on Barney is going to look stupid at some point in the tournament. One concern I guess could be ringrust but in Denis Ovens and either Tabern or Newton he's got a couple of matches to get that out of his system despite Ovens being in good nick I still think Barney will beat him. Unlike the world championships I think Barney's got a nice half of the draw. The dangerous floater Gary Anderson is in the other half as is Simon Whitlock. James Wade is in this half but even though he loves this event I'm in no hurry to take him after he cost be at Bolton. Adrian Lewis would be a tough match but I really fancy Barney to have a good end to the year now he says he has the love of the sport back again. This could be a rare tournament where Taylor does get beat given the threats in the other half and at a really big 18/1 I'll happily take the 5 times world champ to take his 1st Matchplay title this week.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 I think ovens offers good ew value at 125/1 (skybet, sportingbet). Denis is in the form of his life at the moment and is in the opposite side of the draw to Taylor. If he can overcome Barney in the first round he could go far.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 right time for me to return with more. 1ST QTR RONNIE BAXTER 5/1 you all know that i rate Ronnie at blackpool he always plays well here and see next week being no different, he has atough first round tie against jamie Caven , but Jabba has'nt played at Blackpool muxh (if at all) and may find the whole venue a setup aver awing, in round two it's Osborne or Jones now i rate both these two i especially like Jones who i expect to put out the wizard, baxter would have the scoring power to overcome Jones (and Osborne for that matter, before a qtr final against Wade, Smith VDV or Priestley now you all know i hate Wade all his O'Sullivan esque rhetoric " i hate the game" rubbish and he has'nt looked at his bet of late i reckon Baxetr can handle Wade though i'm not expect Wade to make it that far. 2ND QTR MARK WEBSTER 9/1 this lad is class and i expect his game against Lewis to provide the semi finalist in this qtr, in the world champs he showed quality and coolness personified, and he has everything to be up with the best very consistent and while not the highest scorer, he has enough about him to get the job done, i have Lewis outright but look on this as a saver,rnd 2 would see Hamilton or Stompe, (who Webster hammered in the WC.i would'nt expect Webster to fail here over the longer distance, then it woud be qtrs against Barney well perhaps, Barneys record here is'nt great and i'm not convinced he still has the fight in him, but he should have enough to get through what is a decnt draw for him, but against Webster i'm backing the welshman, he won't be scared of Barney he beat him well in the WC 3rd /4th play off. and he seems to have come of age in the PDC now. 3RD QTR. MERVYN KING 5/1 now i'm warming to Merv i used to hate him but he is a deadly opponent he can score massive loves a good old fashioned tear up, and does'nt lack self confidence! King should revel here.he will enjoy the quick play of Klaasen and then it should be Anderson who still is'nt finishing well enough for me,the tough qtr final should be either Whitlock or Jenkins and i'm taking King to edge it QTR 4 PAUL NICHOLSON 16/1 Just for you Kevshat! cos i konw you like him seriously the prices in the qter are unbelievable (Painter 25s for eg) with the presence of Taylor putting at least 5 pts on everyone else so if Taylor does fall there is big bucks to be had. Nicholson CAN beat Taylor and he has done so already this year remeber NO ONE else has Taken the power apart on tv in 2010. and a meeting with Taylor will be the reward for beating Beaton in round one,which i expect Paul to do then it's either Painter, Lloyd, Dudbridge or Walsh and you can flip a coin to seperate those four but Nicholson has too much for them his finsihing is second to none. will be back with first rnd matches picks tomorrow

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 i have four match bets that take my fancy for the first round OSBORNE 4/7 V JONES 11/8 i am a fan of Woody trying to make a living at darts wile juggling being a widower with three girls takes some doing, he is a very good 100 scorer while not prolific at 180s against Ozzy he won't have to be 140 would be enough and good finishing on his day he can compete and he has been around for a while, he has a tendancy to move on the third dart (keep an eye out for that) but overall he is a solid performer, Colin should be a force in the PDC dedeicated, fit, professional he just seems to lack something for me don't know what and he can be a sluggish starter, i think Osborne is not odds on here i'm taking Jones to come through this. LEWIS 8/15 v WEBSTER 6/4 these two could well be fighting out world finals in ten years time, both are quality i have stated before when scoring at his best NO ONE can live with Lewis he can be that good, but Webbyhas pedigree he can take out doubles under pressure and don't forget he HAS been crowned World Champion ok it was the mickey mouse version but it is a title he has held, i have Lewis outright but this is a game he will dread Caven, Anderson and Webster would have been the 3 non seeds the seeds would want to have avoided. in the WC Webby impreesed me against Walsh, and Barney he was top class so i think that 6/4 is a very tasty price to gobble up. THORNTON 5/2 v ANDERSON 2/7 how can Gary be odds on here? he is aself confessed bag of nerves and at this venue he will have big crowds to contend with, now Bob has had a poor year he has stagnated in the PDC since his intial spurt when he first joined. so he has to have a good tournament soon he will see this as a chance, in recent Sky events he has always been seeded to meet Taylor and indeed in the WC the ONLY player the Power lost a set to before the final was Bob, i expect this to be close if Anderson is'nt quite at his best scoring power the bob can live with him, and if it goes 9-8 or 9-9 i'm backing Thornton to edge out Anderson. LLOYD V PAINTER EVENS two old pals here but that means nothing Lloydy is getting back to some form but i don't think he will ever be among the best again, while against painter we know he is a battler, can score very well and has a decent record on out shots, it's his battling qualities that attract me here i don't know if Colin is ready for a tough fight yet toe to toe with a slugger, Colin is one of those plyesr who is far better leading than chasing and if Painter can break Colin once or twice (which i fancy he can ) then i can't see Colin being able to pull it back,watch Painter slow it down too all his finger licking, stepping back from the oche, routine he likes to do Colin is a fast player and that won't suit him especially if he's trailling.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 Another outright for me. 0.5pts ew V.van der Voort to win World Matchplay 110/1 VC (1/2 1,2) I feel like a closet Dutchie having backed two of the three Dutch players in the tournament to win the thing :lol. Some will call this a surprising pick but I think van der Voort is overpriced here. The weekend before the PDC tour went to Vegas, van der Voort won a players championship event in Holland where he beat the likes of Painter and Lloyd on the way and his win included a 6-0 whitewash of Mervyn King in the semi finals. He beat Baxter the day after in the 2nd event where he lost in the quarter finals. That win was the Dutchman's 2nd title of 2010 so he's a man who's in decent nick coming into this event. Even in Vegas he only lost to Wade so he's going ok at the minute. Those two defeats to Wade would be a concern as van der Voort is meant to play Wade in the 2nd round here but Wade and consistency haven't gone together at all in 2010. A quarter final with either Osborne, Jones, Baxter or Caven holds no demons so the draw is fine if he can sneak past Wade. One concern would be that this is long course darts but if he scores heavily he'll be tough to beat. He's so quick he can be away and gone in the blink of an eye and I'm absolutely certain he prefers straight legs formats than set play. 110/1 is a big price on a decent tournament winner so I'll have a dabble on the lanky Dutch one at this price.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 Early thoughts are heading towards the bet between Barney and Ovens. Ladbrokes are doing the highest checkout either over/under 120.5. Ovens is extremely steady and can, when playing well take out a 140+. Barney has had problems but as if what we hear is true, he is really up for the tournament, so he will be keen to impress with some high scoring checkouts. Any thoughts towards this one. It priced at 5/6 atm for both :ok

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 Odds on the quarters from Stan James: First quarter: 10/11 James Wade 5/1 Ronnie Baxter 6/1 Colin Osborne 10/1 Vincent Van Der Voort 14/1 Jamie Caven 16/1 Dennis Priestley 16/1 Wayne Jones 25/1 Andy Smith Second quarter: 5/2 Raymond van Barneveld 3/1 Adrian Lewis 6/1 Andy Hamilton 9/1 Co Stompe 9/1 Mark Webster 10/1 Alan Tabern 10/1 Denis Ovens 10/1 Wes Newton Third quarter: 15/8 Gary Anderson 15/8 Simon Whitlock 5/1 Mervyn King 8/1 Terry Jenkins 16/1 Robert Thornton 20/1 Jelle Klaasen 25/1 Tony Eccles 25/1 Steve Brown Fourth quarter: 2/9 Phil Taylor 14/1 Paul Nicholson 16/1 Colin Lloyd 16/1 Mark Walsh 25/1 Kevin Painter 28/1 Mark Dudbridge 33/1 Steve Beaton 50/1 Barrie Bates

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 7pts J.Wade to win 1st Quater @ 1.91 Stan James 1st Quarter: 10/11 James Wade 5/1 Ronnie Baxter 6/1 Colin Osborne 10/1 Vincent Van Der Voort 14/1 Jamie Caven 16/1 Dennis Priestley 16/1 Wayne Jones 25/1 Andy Smith I don't think this looks to difficult foe Wade to reach the semi-finals of the Matchplay, he made his real breakthrough here four years reaching the final and then went one better winning it in 2007, he then reached the final again in 2008 so it holds good memories for him. You'd expect him to get through here and whilst odds on doesn't look great, I think he'll do it.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 4pts S.Whitlock to win 3rd Quater @ 2.88 Stan James 3rd Quarter: 15/8 Gary Anderson 15/8 Simon Whitlock 5/1 Mervyn King 8/1 Terry Jenkins 16/1 Robert Thornton 20/1 Jelle Klaasen 25/1 Tony Eccles 25/1 Steve Brown Simon Whitlock is the best player in this group for me, he performed well in the World Championships and reached the semi's of the Premier League. He is just oen of those players that you feel confident about backing and I'll take him to come through this group.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 2 match bets for me tonight. 3pts C.Osborne vs W.Jones - Over 16.5 legs 4/5 Betfred I don't see much to choose between these two players. Both are solid matchplayers. Osborne is probably the higher scoring of the two but isn't wholly reliable on his doubles. Jones is nothing flashy but he's solid and pretty reliable. 10-7 or closer either way gets the job done for us here and this is one of those matches which I can see going to a tie break. Both generally hold their throw pretty well and with neither having a real sensational scoring level I don't expect to see clear daylight at any stage so I'm happy to take the over 16.5 legs here. 4pts R.Baxter (-2.5 legs) to beat J.Caven Evs Stan James I like Ronnie Baxter in this match. He seems to love Blackpool and has had his best results in majors here. That's not too surprising given he was born in the area so always carries good support with him. He'll probably still be wondering how he hasn't won this title having had the title in his hands when he played Harrington in the final here. Jamie Caven is a very good darts player but he hasn't really done much on TV and my personal feel is he's as high as he's going to get. He can have horrors on doubles and although the same was said about Baxter in the past, he's ironed that out of his game in the last couple of years. Baxter should be full of confidence having gone through a pretty good Premier League campaign and in a venue he loves I'll take him to win this no worse than 10-7.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 I'm not going to take any outright, just the two quater bets for me. I see the favourites going well tonight but little value in singles so I'll play a small treble. V.van der Voort to beat D.Priestley @ 1.67 Boylesports I quite like van der voort to get past the experienced Priestley tonight, Priestley has struggled for form recently exiting in the 1st round of the World Championships, if van der Voort can score quickly and win some legs in a row then I think Dennis could struggle to keep up with the pace. R.van Barneveld to beat D.Ovens @ 1.40 Boylesports Fancy van Barneveld to breeze through to the next round, Ovens is obviously a decent player on his day but Barney has proven in the past what he is capable of on a consistent basis. Barney has not been at his best in this tournament down the years but just fancy him to get through quite comfortably tonight. R.Baxter to beat J.Caven @ 1.62 Boylesports Ronnie loves this place and with him being last up tonight I reckon the crowd will be buzzing when he comes out on stage, this should give him huge confidence and when he let's the darts flow freely he can scored in those treble 20's heavily. 2pts Treble @ 2.79 Boylesports

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25

2ND QTR MARK WEBSTER 9/1 this lad is class and i expect his game against Lewis to provide the semi finalist in this qtr, in the world champs he showed quality and coolness personified, and he has everything to be up with the best very consistent and while not the highest scorer, he has enough about him to get the job done, i have Lewis outright but look on this as a saver,rnd 2 would see Hamilton or Stompe, (who Webster hammered in the WC.i would'nt expect Webster to fail here over the longer distance, then it woud be qtrs against Barney well perhaps, Barneys record here is'nt great and i'm not convinced he still has the fight in him, but he should have enough to get through what is a decnt draw for him, but against Webster i'm backing the welshman, he won't be scared of Barney he beat him well in the WC 3rd /4th play off. and he seems to have come of age in the PDC now.
If anyone else likes the look of this bet, as I did, Bluesq and Betfred go 12/1 :ok

What was the odds on a 9 darter ??
If it was anything like the UK Open then it would have been around a miserly 6/4 for a 9-darter to happen any time during the tournament. Don't know if any bookie was offering odds on van Barneveld to do it specifically though. OT: Stan James offers 22/1 that a 9-darter happens today.

Early thoughts are heading towards the bet between Barney and Ovens. Ladbrokes are doing the highest checkout either over/under 120.5. Ovens is extremely steady and can' date=' when playing well take out a 140+. Barney has had problems but as if what we hear is true, he is really up for the tournament, so he will be keen to impress with some high scoring checkouts. Any thoughts towards this one. It priced at 5/6 atm for both :ok[/quote'] Barney did it with a 9 darter, best way to do it :ok

2 match bets for me tonight. 3pts C.Osborne vs W.Jones - Over 16.5 legs 4/5 Betfred I don't see much to choose between these two players. Both are solid matchplayers. Osborne is probably the higher scoring of the two but isn't wholly reliable on his doubles. Jones is nothing flashy but he's solid and pretty reliable. 10-7 or closer either way gets the job done for us here and this is one of those matches which I can see going to a tie break. Both generally hold their throw pretty well and with neither having a real sensational scoring level I don't expect to see clear daylight at any stage so I'm happy to take the over 16.5 legs here. 4pts R.Baxter (-2.5 legs) to beat J.Caven Evs Stan James I like Ronnie Baxter in this match. He seems to love Blackpool and has had his best results in majors here. That's not too surprising given he was born in the area so always carries good support with him. He'll probably still be wondering how he hasn't won this title having had the title in his hands when he played Harrington in the final here. Jamie Caven is a very good darts player but he hasn't really done much on TV and my personal feel is he's as high as he's going to get. He can have horrors on doubles and although the same was said about Baxter in the past, he's ironed that out of his game in the last couple of years. Baxter should be full of confidence having gone through a pretty good Premier League campaign and in a venue he loves I'll take him to win this no worse than 10-7.
Top work mon frere :clap and VDV and Barney are comfortably through... Barney looking ominous! Good work all, a few winners last night... lets hope it continues today and throughout the matchplay!

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 A standout bet for me before looking at the odds was the overs for legs in Newton / Tabern match.... I think that will be right ding-dong battle and sure enough the bookies can't seperate them... Bwin go 13/14 (1.93) on Newton and Sportingbet go 19/20 (1.95) on Tabern, problem is they have nudged the line to 17.5 rather than the usual 16.5 with both SJ and Betfred.... not sure if the value is there at 10/11... would've gone with it at 16.5... Any thoughts? Talk me in or out of it! I can't decide!

I'm not going to take any outright, just the two quater bets for me. I see the favourites going well tonight but little value in singles so I'll play a small treble. V.van der Voort to beat D.Priestley @ 1.67 Boylesports :D I quite like van der voort to get past the experienced Priestley tonight, Priestley has struggled for form recently exiting in the 1st round of the World Championships, if van der Voort can score quickly and win some legs in a row then I think Dennis could struggle to keep up with the pace. R.van Barneveld to beat D.Ovens @ 1.40 Boylesports :D Fancy van Barneveld to breeze through to the next round, Ovens is obviously a decent player on his day but Barney has proven in the past what he is capable of on a consistent basis. Barney has not been at his best in this tournament down the years but just fancy him to get through quite comfortably tonight. R.Baxter to beat J.Caven @ 1.62 Boylesports :D Ronnie loves this place and with him being last up tonight I reckon the crowd will be buzzing when he comes out on stage, this should give him huge confidence and when he let's the darts flow freely he can scored in those treble 20's heavily. 2pts Treble @ 2.79 Boylesports
Bet won. +3.58pts. 3pts M.Webster +2.5 H'cap to beat A.Lewis @ 6/5 Ladbrokes Was thinking of taking Webster to win the match outright but am preety sure this one will go close so have played safer on the handicap. Both are top quality players and expect one to be a future World Champion, I don't see a great deal between them if Lewis get's going we could be in trouble but I think Mark can play ok under pressure and I don't see either player getting away.

A standout bet for me before looking at the odds was the overs for legs in Newton / Tabern match.... I think that will be right ding-dong battle and sure enough the bookies can't seperate them... Bwin go 13/14 (1.93) on Newton and Sportingbet go 19/20 (1.95) on Tabern' date=' problem is they have nudged the line to 17.5 rather than the usual 16.5 with both SJ and Betfred.... not sure if the value is there at 10/11... would've gone with it at 16.5... Any thoughts? Talk me in or out of it! I can't decide![/quote'] I agree. Was on my shortlist but I'm not taking 17.5 legs. If a bet isn't there don't take it is my advice mate. I am taking 4 tonight. +6.40 from last night. 3pts C.Stompe to beat A.Hamilton 11/8 Skybet 3pts A.Hamilton vs C.Stompe - Over 7.5 180's 10/11 Blue Square I quite like Co Stompe here. He loves the big stage as we saw in the world championships and he's in good form coming in here having won a players championship event in Vegas beating James Wade in the final. That came a week or two after making the semi final of a players championship in Holland. Andy Hamilton isn't in that sort of form and I'm always unsure about backing him because he has too many mares on his doubles for my liking. One thing Hamilton does do is hit 180's. That's a given. Stompe is no mug around the 60 though and when he's in form, like he clearly is, he hits quite a few 180's. Even though I don't see Hamilton winning his scoring power will keep him close so I think we'll have quite a few legs to get the required 180's in here. 4pts A.Lewis vs M.Webster - Over 16.5 legs 4/5 Stan James This could well be the match of the round. Two excellent players go head to head here. Personally I think Webster favours set play rather than leg play but he's so good I think he'll keep this tight with Lewis ultimately winning. Both are heavy scorers but Webster's finishing power will keep him in this. Neither will give an inch in this one and for one of them to win by 2 breaks of throw will probably mean one of them playing poorly. This is the Matchplay though and I can't see either of them not playing well here. This could easily go beyond the 19 legs but when it's all over I do think we'll have seen at least 17 legs. 3pts A.Smith (+4.5 legs) to beat J.Wade 9/10 Betfred The Pieman is in a decent bit of nick at the minute. He won a players championship event not so long ago and generally went well in Vegas too. James Wade has suddenly hit a decent spell but that defeat to Tony Ayres in Bolton shows the inconsistant side to his game which still lingers. Smith is nothing special as a player in terms of suddenly hitting a 105 average but he's a solid 90 thrower so that will keep him competitive in this match. When he's on form Smith can hit 180's and he's generally solid on his doubles. I think Wade will ultimately win the match but I think Smith can take 6 legs before he does.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 Hey guys, i'm new here and I reckon it's pretty cool to talk darts coming from Australia. What ya think about the Lewis v Webster match? Don't know what to bet on since there are very limited markets in Australia