Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25

Hey guys' date=' i'm new here and I reckon it's pretty cool to talk darts coming from Australia. What ya think about the Lewis v Webster match? Don't know what to bet on since there are very limited markets in Australia[/quote'] :welcome to PL mate. Have a read of the thread. There's 3-4 tips on the Webster/Lewis match :ok.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys' date=' i'm new here and I reckon it's pretty cool to talk darts coming from Australia. What ya think about the Lewis v Webster match? Don't know what to bet on since there are very limited markets in Australia[/quote'] Regarding this match, I'm going to do the maximum checkout bet. This is: Maxiumum checkout over 120.5- 5/6 Ladbrokes Worked a treat with the Barney match yesterday and feel either one of these players can hit a healthy checkout tonight. Most people haev gone for handicap as people feel it could be close. However alternatively, Lewis is one of those players who could blow Webster away or again the complete opposite. Very very hard player to bet on in my opinion so I feel this is the best bet on this one.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 Yeah just read the other pages. Funny cause ironically, I too did that same multibet on the Van Der Voort, Van Barneveld and Baxter matches... Yeah unfortunately I can't do nearly any of the markets that's just been said. Markets I can only bet on are Head2Head, 180's Total, Correct Score, Highest checkout and 1st leg colour checkout (red/green)

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 I understand why sportsbet.com.au don't put out more markets since they'd be limited interest but I've gone for.. Co Stompe win 2.25 Adrian Lewis win 1.50 Wade/Smith Under 7.5 180's 1.67 also Stompe /Hamilton Over 7.5 180's 1.83 Adrian Lewis win 1.50 Wade/Smith Under 7.5 180's 1.67 fingers crossed xx:D

3pts A.Smith (+4.5 legs) to beat J.Wade 9/10 Betfred The Pieman is in a decent bit of nick at the minute. He won a players championship event not so long ago and generally went well in Vegas too. James Wade has suddenly hit a decent spell but that defeat to Tony Ayres in Bolton shows the inconsistant side to his game which still lingers. Smith is nothing special as a player in terms of suddenly hitting a 105 average but he's a solid 90 thrower so that will keep him competitive in this match. When he's on form Smith can hit 180's and he's generally solid on his doubles. I think Wade will ultimately win the match but I think Smith can take 6 legs before he does.
Did anyone else just hear, Andy Smith has a leg injury sustained during an exhibition??

i have four match bets that take my fancy for the first round OSBORNE 4/7 V JONES 11/8 i am a fan of Woody trying to make a living at darts wile juggling being a widower with three girls takes some doing, he is a very good 100 scorer while not prolific at 180s against Ozzy he won't have to be 140 would be enough and good finishing on his day he can compete and he has been around for a while, he has a tendancy to move on the third dart (keep an eye out for that) but overall he is a solid performer, Colin should be a force in the PDC dedeicated, fit, professional he just seems to lack something for me don't know what and he can be a sluggish starter, i think Osborne is not odds on here i'm taking Jones to come through this. LEWIS 8/15 v WEBSTER 6/4 these two could well be fighting out world finals in ten years time, both are quality i have stated before when scoring at his best NO ONE can live with Lewis he can be that good, but Webbyhas pedigree he can take out doubles under pressure and don't forget he HAS been crowned World Champion ok it was the mickey mouse version but it is a title he has held, i have Lewis outright but this is a game he will dread Caven, Anderson and Webster would have been the 3 non seeds the seeds would want to have avoided. in the WC Webby impreesed me against Walsh, and Barney he was top class so i think that 6/4 is a very tasty price to gobble up. THORNTON 5/2 v ANDERSON 2/7 how can Gary be odds on here? he is aself confessed bag of nerves and at this venue he will have big crowds to contend with, now Bob has had a poor year he has stagnated in the PDC since his intial spurt when he first joined. so he has to have a good tournament soon he will see this as a chance, in recent Sky events he has always been seeded to meet Taylor and indeed in the WC the ONLY player the Power lost a set to before the final was Bob, i expect this to be close if Anderson is'nt quite at his best scoring power the bob can live with him, and if it goes 9-8 or 9-9 i'm backing Thornton to edge out Anderson. LLOYD V PAINTER EVENS two old pals here but that means nothing Lloydy is getting back to some form but i don't think he will ever be among the best again, while against painter we know he is a battler, can score very well and has a decent record on out shots, it's his battling qualities that attract me here i don't know if Colin is ready for a tough fight yet toe to toe with a slugger, Colin is one of those plyesr who is far better leading than chasing and if Painter can break Colin once or twice (which i fancy he can ) then i can't see Colin being able to pull it back,watch Painter slow it down too all his finger licking, stepping back from the oche, routine he likes to do Colin is a fast player and that won't suit him especially if he's trailling.
first two safely home, and very confient bout the other two really think my qtr tip on Webby looks tasty too

Fear not me ol mucker' date=' you throw darts with your arm not your leg :ok.[/quote'] Lol Doesn't seem to be affecting him... Also helped by Wader playing pants... He rarely impresses in first round matches... I think he has motivation issues. Looks like a full house for 'king kev'... Only 2 more legs needed. I presume that was a good result for you oldmaster?? You had webby for the match.. Webby for the qtr... But Lewis outright?

Lol Doesn't seem to be affecting him... Also helped by Wader playing pants... He rarely impresses in first round matches... I think he has motivation issues. Looks like a full house for 'king kev'... Only 2 more legs needed. I presume that was a good result for you oldmaster?? You had webby for the match.. Webby for the qtr... But Lewis outright?
yeah i'll take that the winner of this game was always goin to be real contender for semi place Webby is starting to impress me the same way Nicholson has both have nerves of steel and knew when Aidy went behind he would'nt caome back he is'nt a goo chaser i know the commetators said that but i stated that here meny times before what with the Jones bet too that'll do me.......... nice to know i can still get somethings right after my debacle at the Open

Lol Doesn't seem to be affecting him... Also helped by Wader playing pants... He rarely impresses in first round matches... I think he has motivation issues. Looks like a full house for 'king kev'... Only 2 more legs needed. I presume that was a good result for you oldmaster?? You had webby for the match.. Webby for the qtr... But Lewis outright?
Wade is'nt motivation problems he is an arrogant prick, he he can throw good darts THEY all can in the PDC, i just don't think he is as goood as he or Sky hype him up to be but Wade believes he is. also does anyone know if his excessive consumption of certain liquids is back to the problem levels of before

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 Decent night for me tonight. Wade going out would've been the icing on the cake but we can't have it all. 4 from 4 on the night so +12.76 to take me to +19.16 for the tournament. Winners firing from everywhere as always in the darts threads though. Plenty of people are going to make some serious cash from this thread this week :ok. An early one for me for tomorrow. Just a quick scour over the card this could be my only one but we'll see what tomorrow and some more intense research brings. 6pts G.Anderson vs R.Thornton - Over 7.5 180's 5/6 Ladbrokes I'm loving this line at the generic 5/6. Here we've got two of the heaviest 180 scorers in the game. Gary Anderson, on a good night can batter this total on his own but Robert Thornton, who is back to playing well again, can chip in with more than his fair share. Both can be shaky on the doubles so calling the match winner isn't my cup of tea. One thing I am confident of is lots of big scores. Such is the scoring power of these two I think we'll get this line covered even in a match which ends in 10-5. We've seen so far though that the matches are tight and tense in what is the best standard of players ever in Blackpool. Match is on at a good time and I'm very confident we'll get 8 180's out of the Scottish duo. Other firms offering the 7.5 line are going 8/11 and even bits of 4/6 so I'm delighted to get the 5/6 and will have my biggest bet of the tournament to date on this one.

Wade is'nt motivation problems he is an arrogant prick' date=' he he can throw good darts THEY all can in the PDC, i just don't think he is as goood as he or Sky hype him up to be but Wade believes he is. also does anyone know if his excessive consumption of certain liquids is back to the problem levels of before[/quote'] It's not hype.. He's the world ranked number 2 (3?)!!! Based on earnings from televised and non televised pro tour events! There is a fine line between confident and arrogant and he gets it wrong sometimes... He's Not been around as long as Taylor and Barney remember... A bit harsh to call him a prick as well... You only ever see him through a TV screen and unfortunately he doesn't always come across well... Especially if he's lost or been boo'd by thousands when throwing for a double!!! I respect your picks oldmaster... But no need for personal attacks!! As for the drink, he used to go overboard but I wouldn't think Tee Total 'Hells Bells' would allow it these days!

Decent night for me tonight. Wade going out would've been the icing on the cake but we can't have it all. 4 from 4 on the night so +12.76 to take me to +19.16 for the tournament. Winners firing from everywhere as always in the darts threads though. Plenty of people are going to make some serious cash from this thread this week :ok. An early one for me for tomorrow. Just a quick scour over the card this could be my only one but we'll see what tomorrow and some more intense research brings. 6pts G.Anderson vs R.Thornton - Over 7.5 180's 5/6 Ladbrokes I'm loving this line at the generic 5/6. Here we've got two of the heaviest 180 scorers in the game. Gary Anderson, on a good night can batter this total on his own but Robert Thornton, who is back to playing well again, can chip in with more than his fair share. Both can be shaky on the doubles so calling the match winner isn't my cup of tea. One thing I am confident of is lots of big scores. Such is the scoring power of these two I think we'll get this line covered even in a match which ends in 10-5. We've seen so far though that the matches are tight and tense in what is the best standard of players ever in Blackpool. Match is on at a good time and I'm very confident we'll get 8 180's out of the Scottish duo. Other firms offering the 7.5 line are going 8/11 and even bits of 4/6 so I'm delighted to get the 5/6 and will have my biggest bet of the tournament to date on this one.
I'd fully expect the game after to beat the same line, King / Klaassen. Both big scorers and similarly to most games so far, I expect this to go to 16/17 legs at least . 3pts-Over 7.5 180's King v Klaassen-11/10-Skybet

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 Tense finish between Newton & Tabern and a draining night of darts for me (4am-9am in Australia). You guys are punting well I must say so I wait to see your picks as I look to win back profit & maybe back 1 of yours I'm liking this multi: Over 6.5 180's King v Klaasen 1.83 Over 8.5 180's Anderson v Thornton 2.00 Simon Whitlock highest checkout 1.44 =$5.28 Any help would be appreciated if it's a good/bad idea

Bet won. +3.58pts. 3pts M.Webster +2.5 H'cap to beat A.Lewis @ 6/5 Ladbrokes Was thinking of taking Webster to win the match outright but am preety sure this one will go close so have played safer on the handicap. Both are top quality players and expect one to be a future World Champion, I don't see a great deal between them if Lewis get's going we could be in trouble but I think Mark can play ok under pressure and I don't see either player getting away.
Bet won. +3.60pts. +7.18pts so far. This isn't really exciting but I don't see anything other than a victory for Jenkins here and I'll be having a maximum bet on this, yes 4/11 isn't exciting but I actually think its a decent price, I'm with Ladbrokes who go 1/4 about a Jenkins victory. 10pts T.Jenkins to beat S.Brown @ 4/11 Stan James I'm pretty sure Jenkins would of been happy to draw Steve Brown in the 1st round as this looks a tough quarter. The 48 year old American reached the quater finals here in '00 but has had limited success in recent years. Jenkins was runner up here in '07 & '09 and has been a fairly consistent darts players in recent year, he should have enough to see off Brown. EDIT - I have the wrong Steve Brown so Kev tells me so I will void this bet sorry if anyone took advice.

I agree. Was on my shortlist but I'm not taking 17.5 legs. If a bet isn't there don't take it is my advice mate. I am taking 4 tonight. +6.40 from last night. 3pts C.Stompe to beat A.Hamilton 11/8 Skybet 3pts A.Hamilton vs C.Stompe - Over 7.5 180's 10/11 Blue Square I quite like Co Stompe here. He loves the big stage as we saw in the world championships and he's in good form coming in here having won a players championship event in Vegas beating James Wade in the final. That came a week or two after making the semi final of a players championship in Holland. Andy Hamilton isn't in that sort of form and I'm always unsure about backing him because he has too many mares on his doubles for my liking. One thing Hamilton does do is hit 180's. That's a given. Stompe is no mug around the 60 though and when he's in form, like he clearly is, he hits quite a few 180's. Even though I don't see Hamilton winning his scoring power will keep him close so I think we'll have quite a few legs to get the required 180's in here. 4pts A.Lewis vs M.Webster - Over 16.5 legs 4/5 Stan James This could well be the match of the round. Two excellent players go head to head here. Personally I think Webster favours set play rather than leg play but he's so good I think he'll keep this tight with Lewis ultimately winning. Both are heavy scorers but Webster's finishing power will keep him in this. Neither will give an inch in this one and for one of them to win by 2 breaks of throw will probably mean one of them playing poorly. This is the Matchplay though and I can't see either of them not playing well here. This could easily go beyond the 19 legs but when it's all over I do think we'll have seen at least 17 legs. 3pts A.Smith (+4.5 legs) to beat J.Wade 9/10 Betfred The Pieman is in a decent bit of nick at the minute. He won a players championship event not so long ago and generally went well in Vegas too. James Wade has suddenly hit a decent spell but that defeat to Tony Ayres in Bolton shows the inconsistant side to his game which still lingers. Smith is nothing special as a player in terms of suddenly hitting a 105 average but he's a solid 90 thrower so that will keep him competitive in this match. When he's on form Smith can hit 180's and he's generally solid on his doubles. I think Wade will ultimately win the match but I think Smith can take 6 legs before he does.
Great calls kev :notworthy

Great calls kev :notworthy
Cheers fella :ok.
Bet won. +3.60pts. +7.18pts so far. This isn't really exciting but I don't see anything other than a victory for Jenkins here and I'll be having a maximum bet on this, yes 4/11 isn't exciting but I actually think its a decent price, I'm with Ladbrokes who go 1/4 about a Jenkins victory. 10pts T.Jenkins to beat S.Brown @ 4/11 Stan James I'm pretty sure Jenkins would of been happy to draw Steve Brown in the 1st round as this looks a tough quarter. The 48 year old American reached the quater finals here in '00 but has had limited success in recent years. Jenkins was runner up here in '07 & '09 and has been a fairly consistent darts players in recent year, he should have enough to see off Brown.
Wrong Steve Brown mate. This one is a lot younger and I think I'm right in saying he's just quit his job to turn pro. Dangerous young player but I agree Jenkins should still get the job done although he hasn't been at his best in 2010 so far :hope.

:loon I haven't struck the bet yet so thanks for info Kev, would it not be better if they put something like S.Brown (ENG) S.Brown (USA) like they do in other sports?
Just got this from Wiki: Brown is not a full-time professional player - he makes his living as a plasterer and began taking up darts around 1996. He is a fan of Bristol City and is married with three children. The darts that Steve Brown uses are 22gram Eric Bristow and he has been using them for a number of years. I won't be taking Jenkins anymore, teaches me right for 'assuming' I guess. Thanks again Kev. :ok

:loon I haven't struck the bet yet so thanks for info Kev, would it not be better if they put something like S.Brown (ENG) S.Brown (USA) like they do in other sports?
Probably although I don't think the other one plays the PDC tour these days.

Decent night for me tonight. Wade going out would've been the icing on the cake but we can't have it all. 4 from 4 on the night so +12.76 to take me to +19.16 for the tournament. Winners firing from everywhere as always in the darts threads though. Plenty of people are going to make some serious cash from this thread this week :ok. An early one for me for tomorrow. Just a quick scour over the card this could be my only one but we'll see what tomorrow and some more intense research brings. 6pts G.Anderson vs R.Thornton - Over 7.5 180's 5/6 Ladbrokes
Kev u think 4/6 is too skinny for this bet and if so what about over 8.5 @ evens?

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 My only concern would be If Anderson gets on top and Thornton let's his head drop, there might not be as many legs as we'd like... Lowering the chance of 9 and lessening the value in 4/6... over 7.5 @ 5/6 I've gone with... Of course if there is 17/18 legs +... As Kev says... Anderson could cover this on his own!

Kev u think 4/6 is too skinny for this bet and if so what about over 8.5 @ evens?
I think it'll come in mate and it's my most confident bet of the tournament so far. As for whether the price is too skinny, only you can decide that really but if you are asking me if I'd have taken the 4/6 if the 5/6 wasn't available then yes I would :ok.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 i'd like to start by apologising to perry you are correct my personal opinions of ones character has no bearing of our thoughts here so i apologise and will not publish such thoughts in future. anyway back to bashing bookies a couple of Monday specials from Stan James take my fancy tonight., PLAYERS WITH HIGHEST CHECKOUT SIMON WHITLOCK @5/1. I'm biting Stanleys hand off with this, we all know that the Wizards forte is his ability to nail the big outs, and does so for fun no number is safe ( well apart from 159! he will hammer in 140+ outs all day long and so this has to be a no brainer the only concern for me is that i can't see Eccles pushing him so i would'nt expect more that 15 legs, however that should be ample time for Simon to deliver a party piece. MATCH WITH HIGHEST OUT WHITLOCK v ECCLES 12/5, well it makes sense that if Whitlock can cover the line on his own then his match is bound to do so also, just have great faith in Whitlock achieving this and i know that the Anderson v Thornton and King v Klassen matches will see plenty of ton+'s meaning more chances of the likes of 141s, 144s etc but those are high pressure gameswher we will see doubles missed especially by Gary and Jelle, so i'm pinning my hopes on Simon