Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 3 for me tonight. 3pts M.Webster vs C.Stompe - Highest Checkout Over 124.5 5/6 Boylesports I quite like this bet. Stompe took out a 130 in the opening round against Hamilton and that sets the marker here. Surprisingly, Mark Webster's highest checkout against Adrian Lewis was just 61 but he's a lot better than that. He missed a few doubles which is unlike the Welshman as he's usually metronomic on tops. Stompe's always good for a checkout or two as well so I think this line is more than achievable. I think this will be a tight match, the tightest of the night and even though it's 1st to 13 now I wouldn't be at all surprised if this one went to extra time. So we'll get plenty of chances to get this checkout covered. Webby on form can cover this multiple times, Stompe's done it in the 1st round so I'm happy to be on this one. 3pts R.Barneveld (-4.5 legs) to beat A.Tabern 20/21 Boylesports 4pts R.Barneveld vs A.Tabern - Over 9.5 180's 4/5 Skybet I really like Barneveld tonight. I've mentioned how much I fancy him in this tournament and I saw nothing in the opening round to suggest I need to change my mind now. Alan Tabern literally fell over the line the other night but he didn't actually play all that well in gaining a 6-1 lead on Wes Newton. Newton was just bollocks for 7-8 legs. When Newton did find his game, The Saint had little answer until a couple of ton plus checkouts in extra time. I don't think Barney will ease up for him tonight. Barney looked as good as I've seen him in a long time in the 1st round. He's been home since the 1st round and will come in here nicely refreshed. Barney averaged 97 with 6 180's in the 1st round and I expect him to hit the 100 mark tonight. Tabern popped in 5 180's in the 1st round and he'll contribute to the 180's market but in the end I don't see him winning 9 or more legs. I'm confident we'll see 9 180's in this one and I think Barney will win no worse than 13-8.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25

Please come in lol .. Multi-wins only 1 from 4 Jones/Baxter Over 6.5 180s - 1.91 RVB Most 180's - 1.36 Stompe/Webster Over 8.5 180's - 2.10 =$5.46
Riz, have a look at the forum rules mate. We request people give reasoning behind their bets so that those who feel like following know why they are betting and those who maybe think about backing something different have an reason to counter their bet with. Just a few lines will do :ok.

Riz' date=' have a look at the forum rules mate. We request people give reasoning behind their bets so that those who feel like following know why they are betting and those who maybe think about backing something different have an reason to counter their bet with. Just a few lines will do :ok.[/quote'] Cool, thanks for me letting know. :cheers Will give reasons on my bets tomorrow onwards

3 for me tonight. 3pts M.Webster vs C.Stompe - Highest Checkout Over 124.5 5/6 Boylesports I quite like this bet. Stompe took out a 130 in the opening round against Hamilton and that sets the marker here. Surprisingly, Mark Webster's highest checkout against Adrian Lewis was just 61 but he's a lot better than that. He missed a few doubles which is unlike the Welshman as he's usually metronomic on tops. Stompe's always good for a checkout or two as well so I think this line is more than achievable. I think this will be a tight match, the tightest of the night and even though it's 1st to 13 now I wouldn't be at all surprised if this one went to extra time. So we'll get plenty of chances to get this checkout covered. Webby on form can cover this multiple times, Stompe's done it in the 1st round so I'm happy to be on this one. 3pts R.Barneveld (-4.5 legs) to beat A.Tabern 20/21 Boylesports 4pts R.Barneveld vs A.Tabern - Over 9.5 180's 4/5 Skybet I really like Barneveld tonight. I've mentioned how much I fancy him in this tournament and I saw nothing in the opening round to suggest I need to change my mind now. Alan Tabern literally fell over the line the other night but he didn't actually play all that well in gaining a 6-1 lead on Wes Newton. Newton was just bollocks for 7-8 legs. When Newton did find his game, The Saint had little answer until a couple of ton plus checkouts in extra time. I don't think Barney will ease up for him tonight. Barney looked as good as I've seen him in a long time in the 1st round. He's been home since the 1st round and will come in here nicely refreshed. Barney averaged 97 with 6 180's in the 1st round and I expect him to hit the 100 mark tonight. Tabern popped in 5 180's in the 1st round and he'll contribute to the 180's market but in the end I don't see him winning 9 or more legs. I'm confident we'll see 9 180's in this one and I think Barney will win no worse than 13-8.
Totally agree with you about barney kev. On last tonight and i'd say the atmosphere will be electric. I think he could rout tabern!

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 3pts M.Webster vs C.Stompe - Highest Checkout Over 124.5 5/6 >Boylesports I quite like this bet. Stompe took out a 130 in the opening round against Hamilton and that sets the marker here. Surprisingly, Mark Webster's highest checkout against Adrian Lewis was just 61 but he's a lot better than that. He missed a few doubles which is unlike the Welshman as he's usually metronomic on tops. Stompe's always good for a checkout or two as well so I think this line is more than achievable. I think this will be a tight match, the tightest of the night and even though it's 1st to 13 now I wouldn't be at all surprised if this one went to extra time. So we'll get plenty of chances to get this checkout covered. Webby on form can cover this multiple times, Stompe's done it in the 1st round so I'm happy to be on this one. Thanks Kev, that didn't take long!!!

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 Switched to 19's a few too many times and 2 or 3 legs short of squeezing in that extra 180 :wall Otherwise good night! Good work kev, unlucky master. Barney looking good, shame I left the outright alone :puke

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 An early bet for me tonight. Selection is in Walsh/Painter game: Mark Walsh most 180's @ 6/5 Stan James A bit shocked at this price as walsh hit 5 180's in his 1st round match compared to painters 1.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 Since i've gone real down with the multis as of late.. Gonna stick with a single for tonight's selections since I'm desperate for a win. Jelle Klaasen to beat Gary Anderson 3.00 or 2/1 in the fractions is too good of a price for me. Klaasen showed his class against the King and on his day can beat the best in my opinion. Calculate that with Anderson's struggles on the double. I feel it's at least worth a nibble. Preferably would put a bet on the line for that match in favour of Klaasen but my bookmaker doesn't provide it because of limited interest. ... I'm seeing Kasabian in Melbourne tomorrow night, don't know what to expect but hoping it'll be good :clap

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 Taking 3 tonight but will do them in two posts as PL's been up and down and I've not been able to get on and my 1st bet is in the opening match. 3pts J.Klaasen Highest Checkout vs G.Anderson 6/4 Stan James Like this bet. In the 1st round Klaasen had the highest checkout of the two and I see no reason why he won't tonight. Gary Anderson is slightly better in the scoring department although if Klaasen is on his game that's only slightly but that means he'll be leaving less checkouts than el Matador. Gary Anderson isn't the best on his doubles anyway and his highest checkout in the 1st round was only 81 which won't get the job done this evening. Klaasen regularly threatens ton plus checkouts and is much more reliable on his doubles and that bullseye. You rarely feel Anderson is going to check out with only one dart at a double so the 3 figure combinations become difficult. Klaasen will need a couple of big shotouts to stick with the Dreamboy tonight so at 6/4 he's the call for the highest checkout.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 Taking 3 tonight but will do them in two posts as PL's been up and down and I've not been able to get on and my 1st bet is in the opening match. 3pts J.Klaasen Highest Checkout vs G.Anderson 6/4 Stan James Like this bet. In the 1st round Klaasen had the highest checkout of the two and I see no reason why he won't tonight. Gary Anderson is slightly better in the scoring department although if Klaasen is on his game that's only slightly but that means he'll be leaving less checkouts than el Matador. Gary Anderson isn't the best on his doubles anyway and his highest checkout in the 1st round was only 81 which won't get the job done this evening. Klaasen regularly threatens ton plus checkouts and is much more reliable on his doubles and that bullseye. You rarely feel Anderson is going to check out with only one dart at a double so the 3 figure combinations become difficult. Klaasen will need a couple of big shotouts to stick with the Dreamboy tonight so at 6/4 he's the call for the highest checkout.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 And now the last 2. 3pts K.Painter to beat M.Walsh Evs Stan James I like Kevin Painter tonight. I think he's the better player of the two and I think he's better under pressure too. I also think he's more at home on the TV stage whereas Walshie does most of his good work on the floor tournaments. Painter was crap to begin with against Lloyd but when he found his range he played some decent arrers. Dudbridge was never up to much against Walsh but still Walsh couldn't put him away. Walsh had a slightly better average than Painter in the 1st round but a lot of that was down to Painter's start and the doubles he missed. As long as he's tightened up on his doubles then I expect him to have way too much for Mark Walsh tonight. 4pts S.Whitlock (-6.5 legs) to beat S.Brown Evs VC Can anyone else see anything other than an easy Whitlock win tonight? No me neither. I just think he'll score too heavily for the Bomber and finish a lot better than him. Brown did well against Jenkins but you have to ask yourself how much of it was him playing well and how much was Jenkins being poor. I think it was a lot to do with the latter. You don't win many games 10-6 these days with an 87 average. He certainly won't trouble Whitlock with one tonight. Whitlock's just too good in all areas for me and I'm confident he'll see off the young Bristol chucker without losing more than 6 legs.

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 Tried to write this up earlier but PL went down as i was writing. Small bet on Beaton +7.5 legs @ evens, various bookies. Phil now and again has a tournament where he is less than stellar on his doubles and i think looking at the bates game this could be one of them. Therefore i'm going for beaton to beat the handicap :hope

And now the last 2. 3pts K.Painter to beat M.Walsh Evs Stan James I like Kevin Painter tonight. I think he's the better player of the two and I think he's better under pressure too. I also think he's more at home on the TV stage whereas Walshie does most of his good work on the floor tournaments. Painter was crap to begin with against Lloyd but when he found his range he played some decent arrers. Dudbridge was never up to much against Walsh but still Walsh couldn't put him away. Walsh had a slightly better average than Painter in the 1st round but a lot of that was down to Painter's start and the doubles he missed. As long as he's tightened up on his doubles then I expect him to have way too much for Mark Walsh tonight.
Just got their mate. Was some serious sweating at the end of that one. :cheers

An early bet for me tonight. Selection is in Walsh/Painter game: Mark Walsh most 180's @ 6/5 Stan James A bit shocked at this price as walsh hit 5 180's in his 1st round match compared to painters 1.
I must have miscounted here whilst watching the match. I thought they'd ended level in 180's but stan james have paid out. :D

I must have miscounted here whilst watching the match. I thought they'd ended level in 180's but stan james have paid out. :D
Was 4-3 Walsh mate. Good call :ok. Speaking of 180's, for those like Perry who followed the Taylor most tournament 180's bet, his 9 against Beaton has put him on 15 for the tournament. 4 ahead of anyone else who's played 2 games. With Whitlock (who's on 2) still to play the last 8's total 180's are: Taylor - 15 Wade - 11 Barney - 10 Stompe - 10 Klaasen - 7 Jones - 6 Painter - 4 Whitlock - 2 (before his game with Brown)

Re: Stan James World Matchplay Darts - July 17-25 Just watching the Whitlock match atm, anyone else feel it might be one of those days for him. Suffering from flu, struggling a bit on the checkouts, might be an opportunity for Brown perhaps.

Just watching the Whitlock match atm' date=' anyone else feel it might be one of those days for him. Suffering from flu, struggling a bit on the checkouts, might be an opportunity for Brown perhaps.[/quote'] I do fishy, I usually take rumours with a pinch of salt but he really doesnt look well, he's got serious bags under his eyes and although he's just broke Brown's throw the longer Brown takes this game Whitlock could go out like a light if he's on the weak side. I haven't bet yet but i'm certainly keeping an eye on the market.

I don't think it's whitlock i think brown is a good player. Both matches hes been brilliant on his doubles.
True but Whitlock is missing doubles which under normal match circumstances he wouldn't miss.