Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 I don't know who came up with the idea or who gave him the impression that Jim Allenby is a good death bowler but whoever it is needs to have a serious look in the mirror. He bowls a series of full tosses and pies. I wouldn't even bowl him in one day cricket let alone bowl him at the death. Yet again, he bowls at the death and Glamorgan lose :eyes. As a Hampshire fan today's results couldn't have been better but only the Somerset win gave me any returns today. -4.67 the day so down to -14.21pts overall. Not been good the last couple of days so I'm glad there's a small break now. Next matches are on Wednesday.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Not much value around tonight in the glamorgan v Somerset match! Somerset are hot faves but weather isn't great so could be a little more competetive than recent form states. I'm going with 2 top bats- Cosgrove @. 11/4 will hill 1 point he has done really well for me in this tournament and has scored heavily consistently in a weak team. He hits a huge ball but understands his role and can temper his aggression when early wickets fall. Trego @ 5/1 for same reasons as last match can score quickly and any opener at 5/1 is value in t20! He played a loose shot when flying against Essex, but that is the risk with big treg's - value for me.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20

Not much value around tonight in the glamorgan v Somerset match! Somerset are hot faves but weather isn't great so could be a little more competetive than recent form states. I'm going with 2 top bats- Cosgrove @. 11/4 will hill 1 point he has done really well for me in this tournament and has scored heavily consistently in a weak team. He hits a huge ball but understands his role and can temper his aggression when early wickets fall. Trego @ 5/1 for same reasons as last match can score quickly and any opener at 5/1 is value in t20! He played a loose shot when flying against Essex, but that is the risk with big treg's - value for me.
What about tomorrow night's match between the two though ;) :lol. Not necessarily disagreeing with your bets mate but I'd be very surprised if Kieswetter doesn't open tomorrow night :ok.

Wednesday 14 July 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Durham v Derbyshire (17:30 BST) 1.8 2.12 102.73 %
maximize.gif Lancashire v Nottinghamshire (17:30 BST) 2.1 1.83 102.16 %
maximize.gif Warwickshire v Yorkshire (17:30 BST) 1.87 2.1 101.09 %
maximize.gif Glamorgan v Somerset (19:15 BST) 2.88 1.53 99.94 %
As eluded to above, Glamorgan vs Somerset is on TV on S4C.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Oops got home from rugby training - tried to find it on cricinfo scores and s4c and then realised my mistake ;) yeah hadn't taken kieswetter into consideration - your prob right although he could slot into 3 - he batted there all last season when langer opened in t20s. Hopefully trego will get another chance but I won't hold my breath! Cheers kev - I wondered why they hadn't priced up the totals :)

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Can't see a world cup winning opener not opening mate. Trego could bat 3 though in theory :ok. 2 for me tonight. Might need to do a bit of shower dodging though. 3pts Derbyshire to beat Durham 11/10 Skybet This is a big match for Derbyshire who know that 2 more wins from their last 3 matches will be enough to see them into the quarter finals for the 1st time. Durham aren't totally out mathematically but the chances of getting all the results they need to go their way is highly unlikely. Durham were without Ian Blackwell in their last match and although they beat Worcestershire they might well need all their batting lineup against a Derbyshire side with a solid bowling attack. Derbyshire have a few heavy hitting batsmen to counter Durham's high profile but pretty expensive bowling attack. I think with the ball Derbyshire have too much for Durham and if Bosman, Durston and Smith can put the runs on the board I'd expect the Falcons to pick up the win over a Durham side which have been the biggest disappointment in the competition. 3pts Glamorgan vs Somerset - Under 7.5 6's 5/6 Paddy Power I took this bet when Essex went to the Swalec and I'm happy enough to take it here. When Glamorgan played at Taunton recently there were just 6 6's on the short boundaries and good wicket Taunton brings so I don't expect two more on the sticky, low wicket of the Swalec with much bigger boundaries. Kieswetter is back for the visitors and if he knocks 3-4 over the ropes we'll have to say fair play but when we consider half of the 6's that were hit in the 1st fixture were hit in successive balls from Pollard then getting 8 tonight could be asking a lot. Tait's back for the Dragons too which only strengthens the chances of the unders. That said, because Pollard is around I'm keeping stakes pretty small in case he goes bonkers. I don't think he will though and am fairly confident we won't see 8 or more 6's in this.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Gone for two more- Over 7.5 wides - 5/6 will hill - 2 points at the toss it looked really blustery and this could really hamper the bowlers line. Both spinners may struggle and with tait in the team this can be cleared in an over as in the aus v Pakistan t20 game last week. Sixes match bet - tie - 6/1 will hill 1 point I expect a low total and as keV alluded to, 6's are not expected to be free flowing - 6/1 is a big price and if Somerset have a low total to chase as I'm expecting, they may canter. Both capatains were unsure what to do - conditions are not ideal with wind and showers could be nil nil sixes - I don't say that very often!

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 We are actually terrible, i cant believe how clueless dalrymple and rees look atm, both decent bats in the longer form but cant even get bat on it here. Dalrymple looks like he thinks the wicket is worth about 120, its a good pitch, wright and maynard found no problems with it, 145 is a min i reckon so theyve lost because of this partnership.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 There are 3 matches tonight, including a TV game but I've deliberately left them alone because there's a huge band of rain sweeping the country so conditions could be iffy. If the TV game is uninterrupted which it now looks like it might be, I might get involved as we go along.

Friday 16 July 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Gloucestershire v Somerset (17:30 BST) 2.86 1.5 101.63 %
maximize.gif Leicestershire v Durham (17:30 BST) 2.1 1.86 101.38 %
maximize.gif Warwickshire v Worcestershire (17:30 BST) 1.59 2.62 100.99 %
maximize.gif Glamorgan v Kent (18:30 BST) 2 2 100.00 %
maximize.gif Derbyshire v Northamptonshire (19:00 BST) 1.8 2.26 99.80 %
maximize.gif Hampshire v Middlesex (19:10 BST) 1.8 2.21 100.80 %
maximize.gif Sussex v Essex (19:10 BST) 1.66 2.34 102.74 %
Hampshire vs Middlesex is the TV game. Weather looks ok tomorrow so I'm hoping to get stuck in. Will come back in the morning once team news is available.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 2 match bets from the early games. Will come back with the TV game shortly as there's 2-3 I'm running my eye over. 3pts Leicestershire to beat Durham 11/10 Blue Square Leicestershire had a good win over leaders Notts last night and to have any chance of going into the quarter finals they have to win here. Durham are out and playing out time really. Phil Mustard has mentioned that the Durham players are suffering from a bit of overkill which should play into Leicestershire's hands. The Foxes have Aussie overseas player McDonald back now and he'll be a good addition to the side. They haven't won at Grace Road yet but that's got to end at some stage and at odds against with all to play for I'm on the Foxes here. 3pts Kent to beat Glamorgan Evs Ladbrokes Glamorgan have lost the plot really. Neither can qualify so this is a dead rubber but the Dragons have been woeful in their last 2 matches. Kent haven't been hugely better but they have a massive player in Darren Stevens playing here. Kent won the reverse fixture last weekend and if they can control Cosgrove and Maynard there isn't much else to trouble them. Even with a young side out I fancy the Spitfires, who have Tredwell back and providing a boost on a turning Swalec wicket, to win this one at even money.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Couple for me. Worcestershire to beat Warwickshire The latter are already through so I'm hoping that they may take their foot off of the pedal to an extent today. Bell won't be playing which is a bonus too. Worcestershire have shown a bit of form lately and have been playing relatively well. They have lost Jacques, but have Solanki back to partner Jayasuriya at the top of the order. With the chances of a reduced game, I'm more than happy to back them at well odds against here. Sussex to beat Essex Game is due to start soon so will keep write-up short. Main reason is that I am always keen to take on Essex when Kaneria is not playing. I feel that their bowling strength is seriously negated when he is not in the lineup. No RTD or Napier for Essex either which again is a plus. Wright should play, and Prior is in very good form for Sussex. They are money in this format, and have the far better bowling lineup also. Just don't fancy the Essex lads to be able to contain Sussex in any way tonight.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 3 for me in the TV game. 4pts J.Adams' Match Runs - Over 22.5 5/6 Paddy Power Jimmy Adams is the leading runscorer in the tournament this season and he's been in superb form at the Rose Bowl where he's got 2 centuries and 2 60's to his name in this competition here in 6 matches this season. He scored 64 against Middlesex last weekend and has filled his boots on other occasions in the tournament too. There's no Steve Finn in the Middlesex attack today which takes away the main danger to Jimmy early doors and with the guy in such supreme form then this is a no brainer really. 3pts Over 7.5 6's 5/6 William Hill The Somerset debacle game aside, this line has been covered in every match at the Rose Bowl this season and I think it will be covered again tonight. Owais Shah showed us that he can hit a decent ball last Saturday and then Carberry showed it back. Ervine is a big hitter and the Hawks could well have Razzaq, Christian and Mascarenhas playing tonight and they can all smoke a long ball. Malan and Henderson are solid hitters for Middlesex and then there's the biggest hitter of them all in Warner in the Middlesex side so we've loads of hitters on show here. The wicket should be a good one with very few matches played at the Rose Bowl recently and the boundaries generally come in so I think everything points to this total being covered tonight. 0.5pts ew B.Scott Top Middlesex Batsman 20/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) This is a long shot but Ben Scott isn't the worst batsman in the world and with Middlesex needing to win if they were to bat 1st and go for it too hard he may be needed to rescue the innings. I thought he batted nicely last week against Hampshire where he was beaten by only Owais Shah. There's no Strauss or Morgan for the Panthers this evening which helps Scott and even Gareth Berg is carrying an injury so he could go up a place. The likes of Newman and Henderson are out of nick so if Scott gets in early enough I think there's at least a place on offer for him if not the full shebang.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 total over reaction in the essex vs sussex betfair market in first few overs when essex were smashing it around it was always going to slow down after the first few overs and managed to jump on sussex during it. 185 is one hell of a good score and essex will do well to chase that even after the good start.

total over reaction in the essex vs sussex betfair market in first few overs when essex were smashing it around it was always going to slow down after the first few overs and managed to jump on sussex during it. 185 is one hell of a good score and essex will do well to chase that even after the good start.
cracking match! great value but no good if it doesnt come off! :lol

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Another rank night for me. I don't think I've ever walked into so many unpredictably rotten performances in all my life. Hampshire's turn tonight. How to fcuk up instant qualification by Hampshire CCC :wall:wall. Luckily Keant were well ahead when the rain came down in Cardiff so the losses on the night were restricted to -5pts. Down to -19.21pts now. There is a TV game tomorrow. Nottinghamshire vs Yorkshire.

Saturday 17 July 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Nottinghamshire v Yorkshire (18:10 BST) 1.75 2.3 100.62 %

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Just one for me. Neither side come here in good form in the competition and there isn't a huge deal to play for so I'll leave the match betting alone and stick to the 6's match. 4pts Nottinghamshire Most 6's Evs Boylesports I quite like this bet. I've mentioned in the past how Nottinghamshire's batting lineup lacks quality in it's depth but it doesn't lack hitters. Alex Hales, Ali Brown, Samit Patel and David Hussey can all hit a cricket ball a mighty long way, all easily covering the relatively short boundaries at Trent Bridge. Yorkshire have some hitters too in Herschelle Gibbs, Gale, Rudolph, Lyth and Bairstow but there's no McGrath in their side today and that can change the mindset of the Yorkshire batsmen who may feel the need to build more of a foundation before going bonkers. That was certainly the case the last time we saw them on TV at Old Trafford. Nottinghamshire's attack looks a lot better than Yorkshire's too and at the start of the competition this Yorkshire attack was really going round the park. Hussey's in decent nick and I'm sure the Outlaws will want to go into the quarter finals with a win in their last group game so I'll take his side to hit the most 6's here.

Sunday 18 July 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Derbyshire v Yorkshire (14:30 BST) 1.75 2.3 100.62 %
maximize.gif Durham v Northamptonshire (14:30 BST) 2.08 1.9 100.46 %
maximize.gif Essex v Middlesex (14:30 BST) 1.8 2.22 100.60 %
maximize.gif Gloucestershire v Surrey (14:30 BST) 2.5 1.66 100.00 %
maximize.gif Leicestershire v Warwickshire (14:30 BST) 2.22 1.81 100.29 %
maximize.gif Somerset v Kent (14:30 BST) 1.52 2.8 101.50 %
maximize.gif Worcestershire v Lancashire (14:30 BST) 2.5 1.66 100.00 %
maximize.gif Hampshire v Sussex (14:40 BST) 2.18 1.83 100.42 %
As i say it's the final round of group matches tomorrow. Hampshire vs Sussex is the TV game so I'll be watching it from behind the sofa :$. Still a few things to decide. In the South Group, Somerset will win the group if they beat Kent. If they don't and Essex beat Middlesex by a decent margin they'll win the group. If Essex lose and Sussex win, Sussex will come 2nd and get the home quarter final. If Hampshire win they finish 4th. If they don't and Middlesex win they will finish 4th. If neither win and Surrey do then Surrey will go through in 4th :lol. It's still possible all 3 could win and either Surrey or Middlesex go through on run rate but both would need big wins. In the North Group, Warwickshire will win the group if they beat Leicestershire. If Northants beat Durham they will qualify for the quarter finals. If they don't and Derbyshire beat or tie with Yorkshire they'll go through. If both Northants and Derbyshire lose and Leicestershire win then they will go into the QF's. Should be a cracking day of creekit :ok

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Really want to get involved with the Hampshire Sussex game as it should be a cracker, so much at stake. However with the results with Hampshire this season, it's either an exciting high scoring encounter or a shocking batting peformance totally around the 100 mark. The line for total boundries is 32.5, so debating whether to take overs on that. Feel that if Sussex bat first it is more likely to be achieved but Hampshire are soooo unpredictable :(

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 I've gone for two bets here- Sussex to hit most 6's - evens will hill just looking at both teams - Sussex have prior, wright, Goodwin, yardy, smith, Arafat who all hit a big ball and they are confident and batting well. Hamps are off the back of a shocker and in a must win situation which adds to the pressure! Adams has been their main man but is more of a four hitter than a prolific six man, carberrymckenzie and vince re the same all capable but not prolific 6ers. Ervine and razzaq are big hittersbut who knows how long they will have to bat. I'm going to back Sussex here who have six bitters throughout their team as oposed to hamps whose big jitters are middle/lower order. Vince top hamps bat- 5/1 he's a great talent and usually bats 3 so should get enough time at the crease. 5/1 is a good price here for his talent and batting position.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Big day today then. I'm going with 4. 2 in the TV game and 2 elsewhere. Aside from the match bets, with Worcestershire going out today I need 17 runs from Moeen and him to stay within 46 of Jayasuriya to take the top Worcestershire batsman bet. Steven Davies needs to beat Hamilton-Brown by 33 if Surrey go out today for that to come in. Today's bets. TV game 1st. I agree with Otter. 4pts Sussex Most 6's 11/10 Boylesports Massive game at the Rose Bowl today with implications for both sides. However Sussex have a little more pressure off them as they know they have qualified whatever happens but will be pushing for a home quarter final. Hampshire are under huge pressure and we've just seen them crumble to Middlesex on this ground. Sussex come in here with no huge form but one thing they do have is plenty of big hitters. Luke Wright is back and he along with Prior, Nash, Smith and even Arafat can all bash a ball a long way. Hampshire have nothing in that league. Ervine can hit a big ball but the rest of the batting lineup are mostly stroke players other than big hitters. Abdul Razzaq is excluded from that but he's offered little with the bat other than a cameo at Taunton. Hampshire have hit 51 6's in the competition while Sussex have hit 72. Both have played 15 matches so that shows Sussex are the bigger hitting side. With the personnel they have available to them today I'll take the Sharks to hit the most 6's. 1pt ew N.McKenzie Top Hampshire Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Neil McKenzie is going well for Hampshire at the minute. In this competition so far he's got 3 half centuries to his name and as well as that he's got a top scoring 40 against Sussex down at Hove. McKenzie is Hampshire's 3rd highest runscorer in the FP t20 this season and that's despite missing a couple of matches through injury. Hampshire will have lots of pressure on them this afternoon and they may just need a steady eddie to glue the batting together and get a score. McKenzie will bat at 4 and only really Ervine below him would be a danger to outscore him. Pothas would be another one but he'll bat at 8 and the likes of Razzaq and Christian will have wasted valuable balls for Pothas. Adams is obviously the form man but as we saw the other night he's not infallable so at 6/1 I'll take the South African to top score for the Royals this afternoon. And now elsewhere. 3pts Northants to beat Durham 10/11 Blue Square Northants come into this match knowing if they win they will go through. They head to the Riverside in very good form too having picked up two big wins in their last two matches. Durham have nothing to play for and with an important Championship game coming up on Tuesday they may decide to rest a few players and concentrate on that. Northants have stumbled on an opening pairing but it's serving them well and if they can put a score on the board they are very good at defending it. Durham have nothing to play for and while that can take the pressure off I still think Northants, who mullered the Dynamos at Wantage Rd, will win this and progress to the quarter finals. 3pts Warwickshire to beat Leicestershire 10/11 Sportingbet This is a rare game today where both sides are playing for something but I favour the Bears here. I really think they'll go close to winning this tournament. Leicestershire have to win and even then it's unlikely that they will qualify. However they will be buoyed by having Andrew McDonald in their squad today. They'll also know they beat the Bears at Edgbaston. Jon Trott plays for Warwickshire today and that boosts the Bears batting lineup. Their bowling attack looks well suited to the competition and if they can keep McDonald quiet then I think the Bears will win this one and take top spot into the quarter finals with them.