** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 agreed on Glamorgan, obviously very scared of the middlesex top 6 but glamorgan have rarely allowed the top 6 to get on top of them. This game is being played at richmond. Ive had a look back through the games and spinners seem to do decently there, im gonna take a chance that the wicket will give the glamorgan attack (tait banging it in and the spin triplets) can get something to happen. I think they have a pretty big advantage over middlesex with the ball (unless they spot something in the wicket and give owen a game, please no!). If its turning then this game is over before its started imo and therefore 7/4 looks pretty big on a club wicket. Udal isnt the player he was and Malan is not a good enough bowler to bowl 4 overs. The TV game looks tricky, im sure all the money will be on notts so i may jump on lancashire late on if the team news suggests that jimmy and nathan mccullum are playing, that will be one of the best attacks in the competition if they can be slotted in - I think the same thing stands, if that wicket is helpful to spinners then lancs have got a cracking chance.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 3 for me. In a real rush though as I'm going to try and get down to Richmond tonight. Only short writeup's which I apologise for. 4pts Nottinghamshire Most 6's Evs William Hill I like Nottinghamshire in this market. In Nannes, Sidebottom and Broad the Outlaws have 3 bowlers who will be very tough to get away for scores and although in White, who's actually bowling well in this tournament, Mullaney and Franks they have a couple of bowlers you can get after, Lancs' top order may not be around to do it. Nottinghamshire have the likes of Hales, Brown, Patel, Hussey and Read who can all hit a long ball while the top 3 of Lancashire in Smith, Horton and Katich tend to play along the deck rather than over the top. Lancashire's attack is ok but Notts have a lot more hitting power in their side and I think they'll out hit Lancashire here. 1pt ew N.McCullum Top Lancashire Batsman 10/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Nathan McCullum is a solid batsman who can score quickly when the need arises. We saw in the world twenty20 how he can come in and score runs and we also saw it in the USA against Sri Lanka. This Lancashire top order don't score all that quickly and will face 3 tough bowlers. McCullum could well be in when the make up bowlers are on which would give him a further chance of top scoring so at 10/1 I'm on the Kiwi here. 3pts Glamorgan to beat Middlesex 7/4 Blue Square This should be a good game. Middlesex have an awesome top 6 but the wicket at Richmond is often slow and low which won't suit Warner or Gilchrist. For an outground the boundaries are fairly big. Glamorgan have gone well in this event and their spinners could dominate. With the bat the likes of Allenby and Rees will be effective here and if they can control or get rid of Gilchrist and Warner quickly I think the Dragons can win this at a nice price.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 2pt pick up last night although if anyone can shed any light onto why Glamorgan would want to stick an explosive top 6 into bat on a club wicket when you're playing 3 spinners I'm all ears. Ridiculous decision really emphasised by the fact Smith took 4/23 :eyes. -22.32 now.

Wednesday 16 June 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Warwickshire v Nottinghamshire (17:30 BST) 2.34 1.72 100.63 %
maximize.gif Somerset v Essex (17:40 BST) 1.63 2.54 100.72 %
maximize.gif Sussex v Gloucestershire (19:00 BST) 1.4 3.45 100.41 %

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 A few for me tonight. The TV match has changed suddenly. It was going to be Sussex vs Gloucestershire but it's now Somerset vs Essex. Not all bookies have noticed that so there's some top batsmen markets in that Sussex game which I'll try and take advantage of. TV match 1st. 3pts Essex to beat Somerset 6/4 William Hill I've seen Somerset's last 3 matches, 2 of them live and another on TV and Essex look a big price to me. Somerset have won two of those matches and lost the other but they could easily have lost all 3. It needed a Kieron Pollard masterclass and a Hampshire collapse beyond all proportions to give Somerset those wins. Essex have lost their last two but they're not having any problems scoring runs. Stopping them is their issue at the minute. Somerset will be without Craig Kieswetter tonight as he's left to join England's one day squad. Arul Suppiah or Nick Compton will come in with Jos Buttler taking the gloves back having occupied the keepers role earlier in the season. Kieron Pollard, Alfonso Thomas and Murali Kartik are all bowling very well for the Sabres in this event. Essex have Alastair Cook in their squad tonight and given how John Maunders struggled at Lords you'd think that's an obvious replacement. Ryan ten Doeschate travelled to Taunton via an ODI for Holland yesterday but he will play in this game. He hit 90 in that to emphasise the rich vein of form he's in. James Foster is now permanent captain for this competition and he could welcome David Masters back tonight. Essex have clearly missed the new ball duo of Masters and Napier but Masters could well return tonight which will sort out the flow of runs they've conceded. This Somerset attack isn't to be feared, merely respected so they can still score themselves. Somerset's top order hasn't really fired in the last 3 matches bar a couple of players each time but it's not easy to score when you're 4 down for nothing. I think Essex have played some decent cricket without getting over the line but at this price I'm more than happy to chance them getting over the line tonight. 1pt ew K.Pollard Top Somerset Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) In the 3 matches he's played for Somerset, Kieron Pollard has top scored with 89 from 45, been run out by his captain and found one too good last time out. He's in decent nick with the bat as you would expect him to be and I don't think it will be long before he top scores again. There will be a new face in the batting lineup tonight as Kieswetter is out so that might be one less danger for Pollard top scoring here. He showed glimpses on Saturday of how these boundaries are way too small for him and against an attack who have been conceding runs, I think he's a good bet to top score again tonight. 3pts Warwickshire to beat Nottinghamshire 5/4 Sportingbet It could be perceived as folly to take on the unbeaten league leaders but I've not been totally ok with Nottinghamshire. For me, their bowling dug them out of the brown stuff last night after their batting lost it's way but that bowling attack is different to tonight's one. Warwickshire took a pounding in the field at the weekend but battled hard before going down. Warwickshire will be without Ian Bell now as he's off away with England. Varun Chopra is likely to replace Bell in the side but Maddy may well go up to bat at 3. Imran Tahir went for plenty against Durham which is unlike him but he should go well tonight. Woakes and Carter will look to make early inroads into this batting lineup while Jonathan Trott will be hoping to find some real form. Nottinghamshire will be without Stuart Broad as he's with England and Ryan Sidebottom is also there despite his injury. Paul Franks will come into the side for Broad and that leaves an element of exposure to their bowling. I'm not 100% convinced about their batting either. It's holding up well at the minute but I just feel there's a fragile feel to it if someone can have them 3 down early doors. I like Warwickshire in this. I think their side is pretty strong and in Trott and Maddy they have two real class acts in this form of the game. Although Notts have shot off in the lead it's hard to back up 24hrs after the game before and that could give Warwickshire the advantage. This isn't far from a 50/50 call here so at 5/4 I'll take the Bears. 1pt C.Taylor Top Gloucestershire Batsman 6/1 Boylesports Chris Taylor is a good one day batsman. He's top scored in the Gladiators last two matches, the 1st of those being against Sussex before his 67 against Kent at the weekend. Both were in losing causes so it may prompt Bracewell and Gidman to move him up the order a bit to try amd make full use of the man in form in a batting lineup which isn't firing like it could and should be. There isn't a lot of out and out quality in this lineup like there is in others but there's still some good players only they're out of form. Taylor isn't so I'll take him to make it a hat-trick of top scores here.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 That was the night I've been looking for. Slightly fortunate in the end in the Essex match but I think had ten Doeschate completed his innings then Essex would've been clear. Plus his bowling would have helped too. Really delighted with the Warwickshire win. Took on the leaders there but I really do think Warwickshire can do something in this competition. I was right about Taylor being pushed up the order but Franklin was away and gone by then. That's the downside to win only bets but at the price it was worth a go. Pollard placed via his 3 6's so all in all it's a +7.35pt night which slashes my defecit for this competition down to a more manageable -14.97pts. Gettingfatter, for me Compton should've been getting some of the blame. Needing barely a run a ball he brings out the reverse sweeps even though 2 fielders were there. Gets nowhere near it was to add insult to injury smashes his stumps down. Pollard just misread the wrongun from a world class leggie. Won't be the last one to do that :ok.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20

Gettingfatter, for me Compton should've been getting some of the blame. Needing barely a run a ball he brings out the reverse sweeps even though 2 fielders were there. Gets nowhere near it was to add insult to injury smashes his stumps down. Pollard just misread the wrongun from a world class leggie. Won't be the last one to do that :ok.
Yeh fair do's, compton was the guy who was in and should have been the guy to take them to the finish line. Pollard is just frustrating, im sure he knows he shouldnt try and hit every ball for 6, so much talent though.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 im considering Surrey here, no morgan just makes middlesex's batting lineup seem so much more fragile. Just not sure if i can back the side that has given us two of the worst performances of the tourney so far. Yorkshire Lancs - I think Yorkshire most 6s at 11/8 is pretty big. Obviously Lancashires bowling attack is decent but theres so many scenarios where they wont even try and hit it out the ground (chasing a smallish score, not losing many wickets. The whole Yorkshire lineup, including the tail, has proved that they can go big so even if they lose wickets there is still power. Yorkshire have taken 7,7,7 and 5 wickets in their last 4 games, Nathan McCullum is 12/1 at corals where you can get EW to be top bat. Him and Moore seem like their only power hitters and therefore he may even get moved up from 6 if they get off to a steadyish start.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 3 for me tonight. 2 in the TV game and one elsewhere. 3pts Yorkshire to beat Lancashire 6/5 Boylesports Neither of these sides come into this match in good nick. Lancashire have lost 2 of their last 3 with the other one being washed out although you've got to think that would have been a loss too given what they were chasing. Yorkshire have won only one of their 4 matches so far although to be fair it was against a powerful Durham side. Despite their poor form neither side are out of the running in this group which is very tight. Yorkshire will be without Ajmal Shahzad now as he's been called up to the England one day squad. Overseas player Clint McKay has also gone to join up with the Australian one day squad. Herschelle Gibbs, Jacques Rudolph and Andrew Gale form a good top 3 with the likes of Gerard Brophy and Anthony McGrath forming a solid backup. Adil Rashid will want to take this opportunity to go well in front of the cameras. Tim Bresnan is out injured. Lancashire will be without Jimmy Anderson now. Kyle Hogg may well be his replacement unless Lancashire want to go with a 3rd spinner. Their batting has gone off the boil recently. That's not too surprising because there isn't really a solid hitter in their top 5 at all. With the ball they are good but it will be a test bowling at this Yorkshire top 3. Sajid Mahmood is going well with the ball and the likes of McCullum and Parry can be hard to score off. Yorkshire's bowling has gone round the park in recent matches but I'm not sure Lancashire have the personnel to take advantage of that. Yorkshire will score runs. They have a solid top 6 or 7. They have the home advantage in what is likely to be a good, raucous crowd at Headingley this evening so at 6/5 I'll take the white rose to beat it's red enemy this evening. 1pt ew N.McCullum Top Lancashire Batsman 12/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I can't really see why Nathan McCullum's odds have gone up since I took this bet on Monday. In that game with Nottinghamshire he found only one too good but he was one of Lancashire's better batsmen and more aggressive batsmen so I just wonder whether Peter Moores will ask the New Zealand international to move up the order in this match to maximise his hitting potential. None of this Lancashire top 5 are in totally convincing nick other than Tom Smith and he isn't going to score too quickly. There's nothing in this Yorkshire attack to fear and if he gets in at a nice point I think he can bring in the top score at a very nice price. 3pts Derbyshire to beat Nottinghamshire 6/4 Blue Square Nottinghamshire suffered their 1st defeat last night and this will be their 3rd match in as many days. Derbyshire are going along ok, surprisingly scoring a large amount of runs and now that they have Langeveldt they have a bowler who can rip through top orders. Nottinghamshire as I mentioned last night have a batting lineup which has a fragile element to it and if David Hussey doesn't bail them out then there's the potential of a real low score round the corner. Without Broad and Sidebottom we've seen an axis of Notts bowling attack which is attackable. Derbyshire have the batting to do that and if Langeveldt and Jones can keep things tight and take a couple with them early doors then the Falcons can definitely win this one. It's Derbyshire for me here.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Disappointing day having called the TV game right. McCullum was 4 off a place and Hussey continues to carry that Nottinghamshire batting lineup. Wood hit a half century but they wouldn't have got close but for Hussey's knock. Small 1.4pt loss on the day so back to -16.37pts but plenty of matches tomorrow to target.

Friday 18 June 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Surrey v Kent (16:00 BST) 1.9 2 102.38 %
maximize.gif Somerset v Gloucestershire (16:30 BST) 1.61 2.5 101.90 %
maximize.gif Worcestershire v Warwickshire (16:40 BST) 2.5 1.61 101.90 %
maximize.gif Durham v Yorkshire (17:30 BST) 1.61 2.5 101.90 %
maximize.gif Sussex v Hampshire (17:30 BST) 1.66 2.38 102.02 %
maximize.gif Leicestershire v Northamptonshire (17:30 BST) 2 2 100.00 %
Be careful with start times as most matches have moved earlier to avoid clashing with the England game. Worcestershire vs Warwickshire is the TV game.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 I'm taking 4 today. 2 in the TV match and 2 elsewhere. 4pts Warwickshire (-2.5wickets/10.5 runs) to beat Worcestershire 19/20 Sportingbet Warwickshire are going along nicely in this competition having toppled the league leaders in their last match and they should come into this one full of confidence. Worcestershire won't be so confident. They've lost their last 3 matches and haven't scored more than 150 in any of them which would be a concern to the Royals management. This is a bit of a grudge match in cricketing rivalries so both will be up for winning here. Worcestershire have Sanath Jayasuriya in their side for the 1st time this afternoon. He replaces Steven Smith as overseas player and his timing couldn't be better with Vikram Solanki still out with his pelvic injury. Gareth Andrew has also been ruled out here which takes away runs at the end of the innings. Alan Richardson may be called into the side to replace Andrew. Warwickshire have left captain Ian Westwood back in Birmingham. Jim Troughton has taken over the captaincy through this tournament. Ian Bell is with England but Jon Trott and Darren Maddy have both played international twenty20 cricket for England. Neil Carter, Chris Woakes and Imran Tahir give Warwickshire a very solid bowling axis and Keith Barker is another who bowls well in this format. Worcestershire aren't going well in this competition recently and I don't expect that to change here. Warwickshire are a well oiled unit and I think they can beat their local rivals here and beat them a shade comfortably too. 1pt ew J.Troughton Top Warwickshire Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Warwickshire have played 5 matches in this competition and Jim Troughton has been in the top 3 on 3 occasions, one of which was a top scoring effort against Lancashire last weekend. He's in decent form with the bat and with Ian Bell missing from this Bears lineup today he'll need to step up once again. He's got the captaincy now so he'll bat sensibly and responsibly and look to lead from the front. Troughton's ability was recognised by England in the past so he's a quality performer and 5/1 is a touch big for someone in such good form so at that price I'll take him as a top bat bet tonight. 3pts Leicestershire to beat Northamptonshire Evs Totesport Leicestershire's run stalled in their last match when they were walloped by Durham but they had won their previous two before that, one of which coming against Northants in the reverse fixture between these two. Northants started poorly but have won their last two in the competition. A win for either here puts whoever wins on the edge of the qualification places. Leicestershire will be looking at their batting to contribute more, especially overseas player Brad Hodge who hasn't really got going in the competition yet. Jacques du Toit is going well though and in Benning, Jefferson and Nixon there's plenty of experience to score runs. With the ball, Durham aside, Leicestershire have been going ok. They restricted Lancashire and Northants to under 140 which is good efforts. Northants have their overseas signing Elton Chigumbura making his debut this evening. He'll go into a side who are struggling a bit with the bat, with plenty of injuries to deal with. David Sales and Stephen Peters remain out. I'm not sure whether Lou Vincent was signed as an overseas player but if he was, with Chaminda Vaas also overseas, Vincent may have to miss out. Andrew Hall continues to lead a young bowling attack, Vaas aside. Leicestershire are a good twenty20 side and Northants don't have anything in their armoury to take a game away from Leicester like Ross Taylor did the other night. In fact, Northants are struggling with the bat so if Leicestershire's batsmen can put 160+ on the board they should defend that and pick up the win here. 3pts Hampshire to beat Sussex 11/8 Bet365 I like Hampshire here away from the mysteries of the Rose Bowl. Sussex lost their unbeaten record in their last match when they went down at home to Gloucestershire. Hampshire have been hit and miss but a win over Surrey in their last game, and scoring 200 in the process, can be a good boost coming into the fierce local derby with Sussex. Sussex are now having to do without Michael Yardy and Luke Wright who are with England and they've also told Yasir Arafat he's resting until Brendon McCullum leaves. That's a big hole for a bowling attack to fill. Arafat is the top wicket taker in this competition through the years while Yardy and Wright showed their class in the West Indies. McCullum and Prior strike fear into opposition bowlers as does Dwayne Smith but it's no good scoring runs if you can't keep them out. Hampshire's batting has been a big problem for them so far but Jimmy Adams is one person with no problems. He made a superb 61 against Somerset on a ridiculous wicket then followed that up with his 1st twenty20 ton last time out. The likes of Carberry, Ervine and McKenzie can all score runs while Michael Lumb is way too good to keep failing. Hampshire are a better side when Liam Dawson is in it and it frustrated me that he hasn't played so far but Abdul Razzaq is back in the Pakistan set up so Dawson comes in here. Cork, Wood and Briggs will make up the bowling attack. Hampshire are probably 2nd favourites here but not as much as these odds would have you believe. Sussex are missing some real firepower in their bowling attack and the bowling they have here looks like it's attackable. Hampshire have an attacking batting lineup and if they can score runs their bowling has been good in the competition so far and can win this game for the Rose Bowl side and really throw the South Group wide open.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Called the Leicester and Hampshire matches totally wrong. Bad day of -4.2pts. -20.58 overall now. 2 matches today, both are on TV. 1st one on Sky, 2nd one on that Welsh channel.

Saturday 19 June 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Gloucestershire v Hampshire (14:40 BST) 2.2 1.8 101.01 %
maximize.gif Glamorgan v Essex (18:30 BST) 2.1 1.9 100.00 %

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Running a bit late for this 1st match but I'm going with 2. 4pts Gloucestershire to beat Hampshire 6/5 Skybet Both sides were beaten last night but Gloucestershire's one can happen when Kieron Pollard gets going. Hampshire's loss was awful and must be demoralising in the way it happened. Having started slowly, Gloucestershire's batting has finally clicked into gear and although they lost last night they still put up almost 200. Their bowling was poor last night but Steve Kirby, James Franklin and Jon Lewis are a very good one day attack in normal circumstances. Vikram Banerjee is bowling well too. Hampshire have got to improve massively. In the main they've been poor with the bat all summer barring a couple of instances and in the last two matches, without Abdul Razzaq, their bowling has fallen to pieces. Hampshire are a lot better than they are playing and could improve at any time but on what we've seen this last week Gloucestershire have to be a pretty confident call on home turf in this one. 1pt ew S.Snell Top Gloucestershire Batsman 12/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I wasn't going to take a top bat but Steve Snell top scored for the Gladiators when he came in at number 5 last night and given that he hit 50 off 26 balls you'd think he'll bat no lower than that today. Only Franklin and Taylor are in consistently good form for this Gloucestershire side with the rest performing cameos or having one good game and one bad one. Franklin is the obvious danger opening the batting but when he comes in Snell has got some big shots in his armoury and given his form of last night which should have his confidence up then this 12/1 is a bit too big so I'll go with the Gloucestershire keeper as an ew top bat option.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 And 2 for the 2nd game. 3pts Glamorgan to beat Essex 11/10 Blue Square This South Group is really tight at the minute. 2pts seperate 2nd place and bottom of the table but Glamorgan will move 2nd if they can return to winning ways here. Essex will join an ever increasing group on 6pts if they win their 2nd straight match here. Glamorgan have lost their last 2 but there's no disgrace in losing to Sussex who are running away with this South Group, and Middlesex who boasted as powerful a top 6 as there is on the night. Essex picked up a good win over Somerset last time out albeit via a late collapse from Somerset. Glamorgan haven't panicked and have named an unchanged squad for this game. They know they lost the game at Richmond when they put Middlesex in and won't make that mistake again. Allenby and Cosgrove will open with Dalrymple, Rees and Brown in decent touch with the bat too. Croft usually opens the bowling with Tait, Harris, Cosker and a touch of Dalrymple and Allenby providing the rest of a good bowling attack. Essex will be without Ryan ten Doeschate in this match. He's been ruled out with the injury he sustained at Taunton. He's a massive loss for the Eagles. He's hit an incredible 185 more runs than anyone else for Essex in the competition and only Wright, Bopara and Styris have taken more wickets so he's a massive loss for James Foster's men. Bopara and Cook will open for Essex while Styris, Flower, Walker and Foster make up the rest of the batting. Danish Kaneria will be key with the ball on this wicket which is reknowned for spin. Glamorgan have already beaten Essex down at Chelmsford when they had Ryan ten Doeschate playing so you've got to have them favourites now he isn't playing. David Masters makes a difference with the ball but how well he'll go on this easy paced pitch remains to be seen. Glamorgan won't be the last side to lose to Sussex and Middlesex in this competition but having got those out of the way I think they can return to winning ways here. 1pt J.Foster Top Essex Batsman 33/1 Totesport Totesport are well out with this price and I'm not sure if it will last. James Foster is a more than capable batsman who is more than capable of top scoring, a feat he's already achieved in this competition this season against this very Glamorgan side. In ten Doeschate's absence, Foster may well move up the batting order a slot or two. Shaun Tait can take a couple with him up front and Foster may well need a cameo to put up a decent total. Either way wherever he bats and whatever the situation is when he comes in he's no 33/1 shot to top score so although I'm no fan of win only top bat betting this one has to be taken.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 That was one of the more abject batting performances you'll ever see from Gloucestershire. Looked like they thought they needed 210 because they didn't defend 200 last night but surely they knew they weren't playing at Taunton today? And they must look at scores and realise Hampshire have only made more than 135 once in the competition. Utterly ridiculous batting that was. Anyway, I've had some time to have a 2nd look into tonight's game and I'm taking one more. 4pts Glamorgan vs Essex - Under 7.5 6's 8/11 Sportingbet There's been 3 twenty20 matches at the Swalec so far and those 3 matches have contained 1, 4 and 6 6's against Hampshire, Gloucestershire and Sussex respectively. Last time out on this ground we had McCullum, Prior and Luke Wright in the opposition and there were still only 4 6's from the bat of the Sharks. The boundaries at the Swalec are pretty big, especially square which makes hitting over "cow corner" a very hard thing. The wicket is generally low and slow and Glamorgan's spin trio bowl well. Essex have a lot of bowlers who can vary their pace well and obviously ten Doeschate's absence further helps the unders here. Glamorgan have hit 16 6's in 5 matches so far - 3.2 an innings while Essex without ten Doeschate have hit just 11 in 5 innings and that includes playing matches at Chelmsford and Taunton. Obviously ten Doeschate has taken up a lot of strike but even so that 2.2 average isn't going to go up to 5 per innings on average even if others faced the balls he has so I'm pretty keen on the unders here.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Read those games completely wrong and walked into two rotten batting performances. -7.08 for the day and -27.66 overall.

Sunday 20 June 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Durham v Nottinghamshire (14:30 BST) 2.04 1.9 101.40 %
maximize.gif Kent v Somerset (14:30 BST) 2.1 1.76 104.44 %
maximize.gif Lancashire v Warwickshire (14:30 BST) 2.1 1.87 101.09 %
maximize.gif Surrey v Sussex (14:30 BST) 2.3 1.83 98.02 %
maximize.gif Leicestershire v Yorkshire (14:30 BST) 2.16 1.8 101.85 %
maximize.gif Northamptonshire v Derbyshire (14:30 BST) 1.9 2.02 101.89 %

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 TV game is Leicestershire vs Yorkshire. I'm taking 3 in that and one other. Looking at team news in a couple of others so may have more in the morning. 4pts Yorkshire to beat Leicestershire 4/5 Sportingbet Both these sides come into this match off the back of defeats but I think Yorkshire can bounce back here. They lost to Durham in another match where Ross Taylor went bonkers and as we've seen in this competition there's not a huge amount you can do about that. Leicestershire allowed Northants to get away from them at the end and that must be a worry. I'd imagine both these sides will be unchanged. Leicestershire will hope their key batsmen fire and that their bowlers tighten up at the death. Yorkshire have the batting side of things covered, can be expensive with the ball but they do have an attack which I think should go well at Grace Road. I don't see either of these sides challenging the top 4 when all is said and done. Yorkshire are a bit unlucky with international callup's but I do think their batting can get them in a good position here and with Leicestershire not having the most powerful batting lineup in the world I'll back Yorkshire's bowlers to get it done. 3pts Yorkshire Most 6's 11/10 Skybet Technically, Yorkshire have played 6 innings in this competition to Leicestershire's 5 but one of Yorkshire's innings was only 7 overs long so I'm going by both sides having had 5 knocks here. Leicestershire have hit 19 6's in their 5 matches so far compared to Yorkshire's 32. So Leicestershire are going at just less than 5 6's per match compared to Yorkshire's 6.4 average. I also believe Yorkshire's attack is better too. Leicestershire use a couple of part time/weak bowlers whereas Yorkshire don't. Herschelle Gibbs is the standout man and he could send Yorkshire away and gone in the 6's match. Given the amount of 6's they've hit more than Leicestershire I'll take Yorkshire in this 6's match. 1pt A.McGrath Top Yorkshire Batsman 11/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Anthony McGrath has already top scored for Yorkshire 3 times this season and but for the rain coming down he'd have been well on his way to top scoring in another with him 1 run short of the lead and Yorkshire 4 down. The only match he has been nowhere near was the one he never got to the crease in. McGrath's a very clever twenty20 batsman. Doesn't mind knocking it around until he's in and then he'll back himself to clear the ropes when the need arises. Yorkshire's batting strength is in their top 4 and at 11/2 given his record this season I'm happy to take the former captain here. 4pts Somerset to beat Kent 4/5 Stan James Somerset have been really hit and miss in this competition but they are playing ok at the minute. They'd have won their last two but for a silly collapse against Essex. Kent are going fine with the bat but can't keep runs out for toffee and that isn't good when Kieron Pollard is in town. Injuries have hit Kent hard at the minute too which also doesn't help. There's no Joe Denly for Kent at the minute. Amjad Khan could return but that's not a certainty. Martin van Jaarsveld will open with Rob Key in a makeshift opening attack. With Sam Northeast in the side the batting has a young look to it. The bowling attack is experienced but expensive. I'd expect Somerset to be unchanged here. Kieron Pollard isn't the only one in good form. Zander de Bruyn is playing out of his skin. Alfonso Thomas and Murali Kartik are good bowling options. Normally I wouldn't rush to take Somerset at odds on but Kent are hampered with injuries here and the smaller boundaries at Beckenham aren't going to help to contain Pollard. He's in form as is this Somerset batting lineup and with Kent not 100% strong I'll take the Sabres here.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Looks a very good card today for the cricket. 4 main picks for me: Somerset to beat Kent. As said, Kent are in disarray at the moment due to injury problems. They have a makeshift batting lineup and rely too heavily on Key/Stevens. Somerset are just on fire at the moment. They bat ridiculously far down, and have huge hitters in their lineup. Pollard is the best t20 player in the world, and is capable of winning games alone. Trescothick been off form, but he is another who can take a game away from a team early on. De Bruyn hit form in the last game, and there is still batsmen such as Buttler, Trego, Hildreth, and Compton who are all also capable. People used to look at Somerset and think that their bowling was a worry. This is somewhat eased now imo as in Kartik, Thomas, and Pollard they have 3 'money' bowlers imo. Better batting lineup, better bowlers, small boundaries = Somerset win. (hopefully) Northamptonshire to beat Derbyshire Northants are a decent price here to turn over Derbyshire. They have moved Vaas up the order, which is imo a very good move. The field is up early so he can slog away with less risk. If it pays off then they get off to a flyer and protect other more skilled batsmen for after the pp. If not then it is only the wicket of someone who arguably wouldn't do too well should the field not be up. Have thought for a while that this type of tactic could be useful in t20 (e.g India sending in Bhaji early, Pak - Razzaq etc etc). Main reason for this bet however is the bowling options that Nothants have. Hall, Vaas, Chigumbura,and Boje are 4 bowlers with experience at the very highest level. Get rid of Loots early and Derbyshire could struggle. The 4 bowlers I have mentioned are all very decent with the bat in this format also, therefore very few spots in their lineup are wasted by players that can't score runs. Yorkshire to beat Leicestershire Has already been explained above by Kevshat tbh. Better side, more dangerous players - hopefully bounce back with a win today. Surrey to beat Sussex Hard to oppose Sussex at the moment considering their form, but this may well be the spot to do so. No Luke Wright and Michael Yardy for Sussex which weakens the batting lineup as well as the bowling options. A top 3 of Big Mac, Prior, and Goodwin is still well capable however, but take a few wickets early and I think they will struggle. Surrey have genuine options with the ball in Nel and Tremlett up front, so am hopeful that they can take an early wicket or 2. If not then you still have Symonds, Schofield, and Batty who can bowl in the middle overs. Batting lineup which contains Davies, Ramps, Younus, and Symonds is always going to be dangerous. At the prices Surrey have to be the bet here.

Why?
Derbyshire have a top 3 in Durston, Bosman and Hughes that can blow anybody away, they also have Langers who is a world class bowler at the death. Worcestershire are shocking. They have just the one win. Out of the Royals side not many would get in the Derbyshire team. Their bowling is average and jayasuriya is way past is best Derbyshire have home advantage and boast a 3-3-1 record. I will be amazed if derbyshire cannot put away a mediocre team away. I wouldnt touch them at 8/15 as they are no value but 5/6 *(now 4/5) they are great value, How this game is a virtual pick em in the eyes of SJ's is beyond me.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Agree with the initial poster about Derbyshire at 5/6 tonight. That price has collapsed but I'm happy to take the handicap. I'm going with 3. 4pts Derbyshire (-2.5wickets/10.5runs) to beat Worcestershire 5/6 Sportingbet I really like Derbyshire in this match. I think they've got an explosive batting lineup, especially their top order and I think they're bowling is very solid. Bosman and Durston give their innings some oomph at the top and Chesney Hughes can beef it a bit too. Park, Smith if he's fit to play and Sadler can knock it around before going for it at the end. With the ball Charl Langeveldt is one of the better bowlers in the competition and Groenewald and Steffan Jones are supporting him nicely. Robin Peterson is a good spin option and Smith and Park's niggly medium pacers are also hard to get away. Worcestershire are really struggling at the minute. We've seen them on sky twice now and they've been awful with the bat on both occasions and with Solanki still injured tonight I'm not sure it's going to improve. Jayasuriya is more miss than hit these days and in truth there isn't a lot else to get excited about in this batting lineup. Slightly better with the ball but Mitchell is a very inexperienced captain and that's not helpful for a very young bowling attack. I think Derbyshire will win this and win it pretty well too. 4pts Derbyshire Most 6's 11/10 Stan James Derbyshire are going really well in the 6 hitting stakes. They've hit 42 6's in 7 matches although their match at Northampton was on a used wicket and only yielded 2 6's so it's basically 40 in 6 innings which is just under 7 an innings. Contrast that to Worcestershire who've only hit 21 in 5 batting efforts at a little over 4 an innings. 9 of those Worcestershire 6's came from Steven Smith, Vikram Solanki and Gareth Andrew and none of those are available for this game. In fact only Moeen Ali and James Cameron have cleared the ropes more than twice for the Royals in twenty20 this season of those who are fit. They are going to have to improve that bigtime to compete with the Falcons on 6 hitting tonight but against Derby's bowling attack I don't think it'll happen so I'm on Derbyshire most 6's here. 1pt ew W.Durston Top Derbyshire Batsman 9/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Coral have slipped up with their prices here because they've listed Chris Rogers in their odds for this market but he's not playing the twenty20 part of the season. Wesley Durston has replaced him at the top of the order and since he was moved up there he's hit a century and an unbeaten 70 in the 4 matches he's opened in. His last two efforts have been low scoring but they've been on iffy wickets so I'll give him those. Having made those low scores he may rein himself in a bit and play himself in before exploding into life. Only Loots Bosman in this side will be scoring as quick as Durston and if Bosman goes early the floor will be clear for Durston to top score. We've all heard about Durston's big hitting heroics this season for both Derbyshire and the Unicorns side so even though we don't quite get our money back for a place I'm happy to take Durston each way knowing that unlike the last few top bat bets, he will definitely bat.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 That was a bit annoying. The wicket died in the 2nd innings so Derbyshire could only hit the 1 6 which was only enough to tie and Peterson went 1 run past Durston into 3rd place and then got out :wall. -2.67 for the day which looked like being a good one at half time. -22.63 overall now.

Tuesday 22 June 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Surrey v Hampshire (17:30 BST) 2.1 1.85 101.67 %
maximize.gif Lancashire v Durham (17:30 BST) 2.2 1.74 102.93 %
maximize.gif Nottinghamshire v Northamptonshire (17:30 BST) 1.45 3 102.30 %
maximize.gif Yorkshire v Worcestershire (17:30 BST) 1.53 2.75 101.58 %
No TV games tomorrow.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 I hate betting my own team. They nearly somehow managed to blow that made that a closer game than it should be. I checked when I was @ the game and they were 1.05 on betfair. Couldnt never trust them at those odds. Anyone know what the best price you could have got on Derbyshire when it was getting a bit tense?