** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 He hasn't played in many of our matches this season though. Just one bet for me in the matches. There's rain around early doors tomorrow so I'm going to leave the Hampshire game alone. I think Essex will win the game but I've not paid £60 to go to finals day and not cheer my team on so I won't be backing Essex but they look a good bet at 10/11 especially as Christian, Ervine and Cork all took knocks at Somerset in the week and are all 50/50. I'll go with this one in the 2nd semi final and let the outrights run their course for the rest of the day. 3pts Nottinghamshire vs Somerset - Under 8.5 6's 5/6 Skybet Conditions don't look like they will be all that conducive to big hitting with a bit of rain in the air after the rain that fell on Friday. I think the pitch might stick a bit with the new ball which may restrict Trescothick and co up top. Both bowling attacks are very good in this match and generally don't go for very many. Sure there's big hitters that we're taking on here but with the likes of Broad, Swann, Sidebottom, Nannes, Thomas, Kartik and Pollard around it's not going to be easy to hit 6's in the best conditions let alone ones which might be slightly less favourable. This line is high enough on a big ground for me to take the unders here.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 *inplay Hampshire win final 6/4 bet365 Somerset have won the toss and elected to bat in the final, Hamps bowled well in the semi final win vs Essex, despite Essex getting off to a flyer, Briggs bowled with great control, if they can keep the cider men to around 150-160, Hamps should be able to chase it down.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 What a ridiculous final, what a ridiculous day! Fun I admit, but I'm not sure about playing all 3 games in one day anymore...I dunno, I just think that the DL Method is a mess for a start, as at no point did I think Notts ever really deserved to be "ahead" of Somerset as such who were clearly the better team. I mean, they kept banging on about how close it would have been, but they needed 30-odd off 3 overs! Very unlikely really, and yet they were only 4 runs of the DL Target! So apparently, needed 30 runs off 3 overs puts you ahead because you've lost less wickets? Somerset deserved it all the way there. The final was hilarious, although again a bit of a mockery perhaps. Neither team deserved to lose so fair play to Hampshire, but as I said, don't really like the rule about the number of wickets lost. It favours one strategy over another I think...still, only in cricket eh? What I actually came to ask about, skybet (horrible site lol) have settled my final bet on Somerset a bit weirdly...I expected to simply lose the bet, as Hampshire technically won, but of a £17-something bet they've returned something like £12? I assume that's to do with the tie finish...?

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 A shame weather in part ruined the spectacle. Hants nearly messed it up in the final near the end, with Kieswetter also managing to miss about 4 shy at the stumps. Plus Somerset would have won it if they had taken the bails off at the strikers end, as Christian ran a single off the final ball when he had a runner. Bit gutted as a Notts fan, that the rain came at the time it did. Disagree with you santos as 35 runs off 3 overs was perfectly getable for Notts with Hussey in and set, Somerset scored 48 off their last 3 overs, and 64 off their last 4.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20

*inplay Hampshire win final 6/4 bet365 Somerset have won the toss and elected to bat in the final, Hamps bowled well in the semi final win vs Essex, despite Essex getting off to a flyer, Briggs bowled with great control, if they can keep the cider men to around 150-160, Hamps should be able to chase it down.
Yeah' date=' dead-heat rules same as Stan James. Others like Bet365 though have settled out on Hampshire in full.[/quote'] They certainly have paid out.:beer

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 I didn't watch yesterdays games but i believe there was a reduction in overs for notts? Now i followed kevs bet of no maidens to be bowled but i'm sure william hill say that if there is any reductions in overs the bet will be void, so i thought fair enough when i saw it. Just signed in to my account and they have paid out :unsure

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20

I didn't watch yesterdays games but i believe there was a reduction in overs for notts? Now i followed kevs bet of no maidens to be bowled but i'm sure william hill say that if there is any reductions in overs the bet will be void' date=' so i thought fair enough when i saw it. Just signed in to my account and they have paid out :unsure[/quote'] Paid out they have. Don't remember seeing anything about restriction in overs myself mate. Their problem for not checking the forecasts if you ask me. Nothing even remotely close to a maiden all day, as I never thought they'd be. Sadly that was the only thing I got right all day having called the semi finals wrong, although I do think Notts would've chased that target down had the rain not got involved but c'est la vie. Loss of 2.5pts from the finals day bets as Skybet voided the Notts/Somerset 6's market with the loss of overs. That all means -20.05pts overall in a competition I was always fighting in and was on the wrong end of some real bad luck at times. Thoroughly enjoyable comp though which culminised in a very good finals day as always. And from a personal point of view.................... Hampshire won :nana:nana:nana.