** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20

A 3rd good day in succession for me today. Nothing away from the TV match with both bets losing close matches. Both should really have won but that's the nature of the beast. TV game went perfectly. Warwickshire won and Barker top scored for them so +11.7pts for the day and I'm finally in profit for this competition. Now +3.16pts for the tournament. As with last week' date=' matches ease off a touch throughout this week with Championship matches taking place. Unlike last week there's only one TV game between now and Friday as there's international cricket on TV between now and then.[/quote'] Good to see you've not lost your touch while I was away :clap Great work and a top call with Barker! :notworthy

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 There's a TV game tonight - Leicestershire vs Worcestershire from Grace Road. I was tempted by the 11/8 Worcester as there's no James Taylor for the hosts tonight but I'll swerve it because I'm still not sure about Worcestershire in this. I will go with 2 though. 3pts Leicestershire vs Worcestershire - Over 7.5 6's Evs William Hill This isn't a bet which would normally interest me but the last two twenty20 matches on this ground have seen double figures in terms of 6's hit and this line looks just about low enough to keep me entertained here. Brad Hodge has finally rediscovered how to hit a 6 and along with du Toit and Jefferson, Leicestershire have a potent top 3. Paul Nixon, James Benning, Wayne White and Claude Henderson can all wallop the ball a long way as well which suits us here. Worcestershire have Sanath Jayasuriya who has 10 6's to his name in his 6 matches and that's despite starting his Royals life with two low scores. Moeen Ali can also hit a ball a long way as can the likes of Jaques, Cameron and Andrew. Neither bowling attack is watertight so I think we'll get some big hits in. There's been a couple of high scoring Lions games on this ground in the last week so the wickets are playing well at Leicester at the minute so I think we could get a highish scoring game with at least 8 6's. 1pt ew P.Nixon Top Leicestershire Batsman 7/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Paul Nixon is very experienced in this format of the game and looks a big price here. He'll probably bat at 4 in Taylor's absence and that's a position I like for him in this side because he plays spin so well. That's important as Moeen and Jayasuriya are likely to bowl in the middle overs. That said though, he's no mug against the seamers which is why backing him is a good each way bet. Worcestershire had Lancashire 0/2 on Monday night so although their attack isn't the best, they can still get Nixon in fairly quickly and possibly without too much to chase down. In Taylor's absence this Leicestershire batting lineup isn't the longest in terms of quality so I think Nixon at 7/1 is well worthy of an each way bet.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 No joy tonight. Annoyed I didn't back Worcestershire seeing how easily they won but such is life. Nixon was well on his way to top scoring until his partner ran him out. -5 for the day so -1.84 for the tournament now.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Just the one for tonight although I'll be attacking the bet365 tent at The Oval tonight ;). 4pts Surrey to beat Middlesex 5/6 Ladbrokes This is a massive game in the South group. Not only is it the London derby but in terms of qualification potential it's huge. Both sit just outside the qualification spots at the minute and the winners here will put themselves right back in the mix. If Surrey win they'll go onto 14pts whereas a Middlesex win sees them join Surrey and Hampshire on 12pts. Middlesex wouldn't be out if they lost but their double header with Hampshire would become huge. A Surrey defeat wouldn't be the end of the world with matches over Glamorgan and Gloucestershire to come but winning would make life so much easier. Surrey will be without Steven Davies for this game as he's with the Lions but Mark Ramprakash has flourished as opener and as all Middlesex fans will know, he almost always scores well against his old county. Gary Wilson keeps wicket in Davies' absence. Chris Tremlett and Andre Nel have been excellent with the new ball and Jason Roy is proving to be the young star the Ovalites think he is. Andrew Symonds and Younis Khan bring an international flavour to the Surrey side. Middlesex should welcome Dave Warner back into their side after he missed their last game having hooked up with the Australia squad. Their other choice will revolve around whether to use the overseas service of Tyron Henderson or Iain O'Brien who is now fit. The indication is it will be the latter. Neil Dexter continues to skipper a side which include Owais Shah but Eoin Morgan is with England. Tim Murtagh and Pedro Collins face their old county. I just think Surrey have the better and slightly longer batting lineup here. Their new ball attack and spin options which will be vital at The Oval are better too and that leads me to a home win in what should be a high scoring, tense London derby.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 My word, I've never seen such a shambles of a performance as I did from Surrey tonight :eek. Ramprakash was run out in the 2nd over having hit the ball straight to Berg at short extra cover but he could've been run out 3 times before then. Only Younis Khan of the top 6 ever ran his bat in and as for Stewart Walters wicket well all I can do is :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin. How the fcuk do you hit your own wicket off a spinner :loon. He pretty much summed up Surrey's night in the field when Shah launched one straight down his throat and rather than catch it he didn't land a hand on it instead it hit his face :lol. He caught him later but I was right behind it and I'd offer short odds he was over the rope when he took it. Dire from Surrey but it's good for Middlesex I guess and Ramprakash's duck keeps Davies in the mix for top scoring for Surrey now that he returns for tomorrow night so there was some silver linings.

Friday 9 July 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Kent v Essex (17:30 BST) 2.32 1.77 99.60 %
maximize.gif Somerset v Hampshire (17:30 BST) 1.66 2.37 102.11 %
maximize.gif Worcestershire v Durham (17:30 BST) 2.25 1.8 100.00 %
maximize.gif Lancashire v Yorkshire (17:40 BST) 1.72 2.34 100.63 %
maximize.gif Northamptonshire v Warwickshire (18:50 BST) 2.1 1.89 100.53 %
maximize.gif Glamorgan v Surrey (19:00 BST) 2.2 1.79 101.32 %

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 That 2.34 looks big on Yorkshire in the live game. Ive seen Lancs numerous times this year and theyre not very good imvho. These games are usually tight, and its very overcast so the ball will move a lot. If Gibbs gets in, he could take the game away from Lancs, whether batting 1st or chasing - and acting captain Rudolph is in great nick after getting 80 not out yesterday against Warwickshire. There`s nothing between these teams, just 1pt seperate them in the table and this game should be each of two if ever there was a game for those odds, and the 2.34 looks damm dine from where im sat

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 4 for me this afternoon. 2 in the TV game, 2 away from it. TV game is the Roses match. Am really busy at the minute so I can't offer extensive writeups but if I can get time before the matches start to give longer writeups I will. TV game 1st. 3pts Yorkshire to beat Lancashire 6/5 Sportingbet 3pts Yorkshire Most 6's 13/10 Boylesports I agree with the poster above. Yorkshire won the reverse fixture and should be full of confidence having gone so well in the Championship. Lancashire are a good side but the batting lineup's don't compare well for the Red Rose. Yorkshire have more power in the batting and in Rashid have a wicket taker in the bowling and as long as the likes of Best and the returning McKay don't go round the park with captain Gale back I think the White Rose can prevail tonight. Lancashire aren't a big hitting team - only 35 6's in 11 matches compared to Yorkshire's 62 in 11 games and with Gibbs, Gale and Rudolph in good nick I think Yorkshire can clear the ropes the most too. 4pts Glamorgan to beat Surrey 6/5 Skybet Echoing what I said last night about Surrey really. They were rotten and have had to travel from London to Cardiff to play back to back matches which is never easy. No Ramprakash for the Lions either although Davies is back. Tait is out for Glamorgan but Harris is back in and he's a serious talent. Glamorgan won the reverse fixture and if Surrey are as bad as last night then the Dragons will win this one too. 3pts Warwickshire to beat Northants 5/6 William Hill Warwickshire are going along well and have Chris Woakes back for tonight. Jonathan Trott could play having not done a lot for the Lions although he is in the England ODI squad so may not be released to play. Boje's out for Northants who were extremely lucky to tie with Yorkshire here last week. O'Brien's back in but Northants change their batting too much for my liking. Big game for Northants but Warks will be as good as through if they win so I'm taking them here with Imran Tahir a cert to go well on a spinning track at Wantage Rd.

4 for me this afternoon. 2 in the TV game' date= 2 away from it. TV game is the Roses match. Am really busy at the minute so I can't offer extensive writeups but if I can get time before the matches start to give longer writeups I will. TV game 1st. 3pts Yorkshire to beat Lancashire 6/5 Sportingbet 3pts Yorkshire Most 6's 13/10 Boylesports I agree with the poster above. Yorkshire won the reverse fixture and should be full of confidence having gone so well in the Championship. Lancashire are a good side but the batting lineup's don't compare well for the Red Rose. Yorkshire have more power in the batting and in Rashid have a wicket taker in the bowling and as long as the likes of Best and the returning McKay don't go round the park with captain Gale back I think the White Rose can prevail tonight. Lancashire aren't a big hitting team - only 35 6's in 11 matches compared to Yorkshire's 62 in 11 games and with Gibbs, Gale and Rudolph in good nick I think Yorkshire can clear the ropes the most too. 4pts Glamorgan to beat Surrey 6/5 Skybet Echoing what I said last night about Surrey really. They were rotten and have had to travel from London to Cardiff to play back to back matches which is never easy. No Ramprakash for the Lions either although Davies is back. Tait is out for Glamorgan but Harris is back in and he's a serious talent. Glamorgan won the reverse fixture and if Surrey are as bad as last night then the Dragons will win this one too. 3pts Warwickshire to beat Northants 5/6 William Hill Warwickshire are going along well and have Chris Woakes back for tonight. Jonathan Trott could play having not done a lot for the Lions although he is in the England ODI squad so may not be released to play. Boje's out for Northants who were extremely lucky to tie with Yorkshire here last week. O'Brien's back in but Northants change their batting too much for my liking. Big game for Northants but Warks will be as good as through if they win so I'm taking them here with Imran Tahir a cert to go well on a spinning track at Wantage Rd.
how do you get on yorkshire most 6s, boyle limit me severely even though ive never really bet there?!

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 I'm off to this game tomorrow and although I don't want to sit there wanting Hampshire to lose, this is business and I know it's the right bet. 5pts Middlesex to beat Hampshire 10/11 Blue Square This is a huge game in the South group qualification shake up. We're now pretty much down to 4 teams all on 12pts all chasing one remaining qualification spot. 2 of those sides are Middlesex and Hampshire. I strongly fancy Middlesex in this match. Hampshire have been done up like kippers by the schedulers for this one. We played Somerset last night and finished about 8.30pm in Taunton and then we've got to play in Uxbridge less than 18hrs later. Stupidity gone mad really :@. Middlesex had their feet up after their routine win over Surrey on Thursday night. To make matters worse for Hampshire, Middlesex look set to let Steven Finn loose for the 1st time in the twenty20 this season in this match. Iain O'Brien and Shaun Udal also return. As if that's not bad enough, Hampshire will have to deal with Dave Warner on a club ground. Good luck lads. Owais Shah adds a quality piece to the middle order while Neil Dexter is in excellent form as skipper with the bat. Tim Murtagh is bowling well while the likes of Malan, Newman and Berg give the batting extra oomph. One positive for Hampshire is the expected return of their talismanic skipper Dimitri Mascarenhas. That's a huge relief for Hampshire fans because if I ever see Dan Christian in a Hampshire shirt again it'll be too soon. Michael Carberry is back in the Hampshire side too while Adams, Ervine and McKenzie are all in great touch with the bat. After the Taunton experience the less said about Hampshire's bowling the better but Danny Briggs is in excellent form at the minute and can expect to fill his boots on a club wicket. Hampshire walked head first into a blitz from Mad Marcus who lived up to his moniker in style on Friday night. He hit a 13 ball 50 so the good lord only knows what Dave Warner could do to this attack. Hampshire have to be opposed as much for the beating their bowlers took at Somerset as the travelling they've done in the process too. Middlesex are hitting full strength again and without all the chaos of playing Friday and travelling they're in a good position going into this one. As we saw with Glamorgan against Surrey on Friday, it's a huge advantage and one I'll take advantage of by backing the Panthers in this one.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 That was absolute tripe from Middlesex. Hampshire won't get an easier win all season. Middlesex were woeful with the bat, pathetic with the ball and atrocious in the field. Having been easily 40 runs short if not 50-55 I thought the least they'd do is field hard and bowl well. Nope. Dropped 2 simple catches which cost them 60 runs and a series of misfields. Being 40 runs short probably shouldn't have surprised me too much because generally whenever Owais Shah gets a big score the team score suffers as he only ever bats for himself. Hampshire were good but there was no aggression with the bat at all from Middlesex on a belter of a batting track. Very strange. -9.54 for the competition now.

Sunday 11 July 2010 Home Away BPP
maximize.gif Lancashire v Derbyshire (14:30 BST) 1.66 2.54 99.61 %
maximize.gif Middlesex v Gloucestershire (14:30 BST) 1.57 2.46 104.29 %
maximize.gif Northamptonshire v Nottinghamshire (14:30 BST) 2.58 1.61 100.66 %
maximize.gif Worcestershire v Leicestershire (14:30 BST) 2 1.9 102.38 %
maximize.gif Essex v Somerset (14:40 BST) 2 1.9 102.38 %
maximize.gif Kent v Glamorgan (14:40 BST) 2.02 2 99.50 %
maximize.gif Sussex v Surrey (14:40 BST) 1.66 2.5 100.24 %
TV game tomorrow is Essex vs Somerset which should be a cracker.

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 6's do count as a boundary! at Chelmsford last few games have all covered that line of 40 - that was with a top score of 170ish!!!! When you take into account that was with Essex having cook and bopara away on lions duty and against teams significantly weaker in the batting department than mighty somerset, this line looks low! Hot sunny day as well all helps! I've taken overs and over 11.5 sixes as the boudaries are short here and tresco and trego covered this alone on Friday and a small value bet on trego to be top Somerset bat at 6/1 - he carried his bat opening in the last match so he will surely open again! He is in great form for Somerset and when playing for the lions so 6/1 is big for an opening batsman in form!

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 Cheers boys, usually stay away from the cricket so not too familiar with it. As they do count will follow you with this one. Watched a few games at Chelmsford over the last couple of years and has a great atmosphere. The straight boundries are small and the likes of Pollard, Styris, Bopara, Trescothi, Trego etc will go to town. Thanks for the confirmation or correction in this case :ok

Re: Cricket: Friends Provident Twenty 20 4 for me today. 3 in the TV game and one elsewhere. Backing Gloucestershire was a serious proposition because of how bad Middlesex were yesterday but as I've discovered in this already, the Gladiators are no more reliable. TV match bets 1st. 4pts Somerset to beat Essex 5/6 Stan James This is pretty much a quarter final qualifier. Whoever wins this is going to have to fall apart to miss out on the quarter finals and to be honest even the losers will have to fall away to miss out too. So the reward for winning this game is pole position in the race for a home quarter final spot. Both sides come into this one after wins on Friday night so a very good game of cricket can be expected here. Essex opener Ravi Bopara does play in this game even though he's been called up to the England squad for tomorrow. Alastair Cook will partner him at the top and in Pettini, Styris, Flower and Foster the Eagles have a solid batting lineup now. Danish Kaneria has left Essex to join up with Pakistan now and he could be a big loss on a Chelmsford wicket which often turns. His miss will be felt even more so given how we've seen Tim Phillips get slaughtered on Sky already. Ryan ten Doeschate and Graham Napier remain sidelined with injury. Somerset should be full of confidence having knocked up 200+ in their last two matches and have only lost one in their last seven matches. Marcus Trescothick blazed a 13 ball 50 on Friday night so he's in good form and he'll be partnered by Pete Trego at the top of the order. Hildreth, de Bruyn and the man they'll all come to see Kieron Pollard will form the middle order. With the ball, Pollard and Thomas remain hard to score big runs off and Murali Kartik should love conditions here. Somerset couldn't be in better form coming in here. They lost the reverse fixture to Essex but they needed some serious hitting by ten Doeschate to force them into defeat. He's not available today and I think the absence of Kaneria is especially key. It's hard to see how Essex are going to keep the runs down. Somerset look good with bat and ball and I think they'll win this. 4pts Somerset Most 6's Evs Stan James I'm loving this price on Somerset here. The way it's priced up you'd think ten Doeschate and Napier were around for Essex but they're not. Somerset's top 6 will line up as Trescothick, Trego, Hildreth, Pollard, de Bruyn and Buttler. Every single one of them can belt a cricket ball out of Chelmsford without too much trouble. Bopara adds a 6 element to Essex's batting but it's only Styris and Pettini who are natural big hitters around him. Without ten Doeschate, Essex have only hit 42 6's in 11 matches at just less than 4 per innings. Admittedly Somerset play their matches at Taunton so their 6's per innings stat is a bit contorted but they've hit 54 at 4.5 an innings. Somerset slightly lead that stat but the thing I really like about this bet is Somerset's attack being so hard to hit away. Thomas, Pollard and Kartik aren't going to go for many 6's whereas there isn't really anyone other than Masters on the Essex attack who you'd say would be tricky to get away. Trescothick is in tip top form and Pollard is due to go bonkers so at Evs I'm taking Somerset to hit the most 6's here. 1pt P.Trego Top Somerset Batsman 13/2 Paddy Power I'll go win only on big Pete here. He will open the innings so this price is immediately daft but he's in good form too. He's just hit 72 against Hampshire opening the innings and went into that match off the back of a series of big hitting cameos for the England Lions so he's very much in form. One thing we know about Trego is these boundaries at Chelmsford aren't big enough for him and if Trescothick starts hitting nicely then Trego can play himself in at the other end then join the big hitting party. On form Trescothick is a worthy favourite but Trego can tango with the best of them and at 2.5 times the price of his opening partner I'll have a small bet on the Somerset all rounder here. 3pts Glamorgan to beat Kent Evs Boylesports Glamorgan have almost sneaked up unnoticed in the race for 4th place in the South Group but with a double header to come against Kent they are very much in the mix to qualify. Kent are as good as out and playing for pride. Glamorgan come into this one off the back of another good win over Surrey and the challenge will be to put together back to back wins over Kent and really go for 4th spot. Kent will be without their captain Rob Key who is out with a broken finger. Joe Denly will be partnered at the top of the innings by James Hockley in a Kent batting lineup which is still fairly young even though Darren Stevens is back from Lions duty. James Tredwell continues to miss out with the ball as he's with the England squad but Malinga Bandara will offer good spin option. Azhar, Cook and Joesph look set to make up the pace attack in Khan's absence. Glamorgan are riding off the back of the form of Mark Cosgrove at the minute. The big man is in superb form. Jim Allenby came back to form on Friday night too which was pleasing. Tom Maynard, Dalrymple who has suddenly remembered how to hit the ball, and Mark Wallace give an aggressive element to Glamorgan's batting. Shaun Tait is expected to be fit to return which will see Chris Ashling left out. Robert Croft is hard to score off while Cosker and Dalrymple are good spin options. Only one side has something other than pride to play for here and that's Glamorgan. They'll need to keep Darren Stevens under control but if they can do that there's not a lot else to worry the Dragons here. If Cosgrove continues his good form then with the attack they've got I expect the Dragons to win this match.