bbotd - fri 21st may

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may 4:10 Chepstow. Mabuya. LAY (2.38 Stan James) The selection was seemingly desperately unlucky on his reappearance, getting caught in an impossible box, and running on when he got extricated. That sort of thing always gets spotted by newspaper tipsters who then mark it down for a nap next time, regardless of the opposition. Hence 6 naps this morning. However, I'm not sure it's that simple. There are just 6 horses in this race, but you can't rule out any of them. The selection has made a bit of a habit of being unlucky, and you wonder if part of this is self-induced. Despite lots of places, he has actually only won the once. That was last June, when he was carrying 7 lbs less than today and running in a handicap two grades lower. In fact, even his reappearance race when he had the bad luck was a class lower than this, so I would think he is going to need to show some improvement. He might do, but with 5 good competitors in this race, and with the selection being so low in price due to all the naps, I think this is a value lay.

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may 850 Towcester: A Haon A Do EW Fav Entertain Me the mare won last time and has the penalty to overcome, i dont think she that much in hand so wouldnt want to be taking a short price here. Jadhere seems to be improving slightly but is moderate while Camino Real another mare could get in the shake up. A Haon A Do would every chance on some form but you just cant forgive her recent runs which have nosedived, big price though and maybe worth a small bet on a day where the jump racing is awful. Bet 850 Tow: A Haon A Do 0.50pts EW (33/1 VCBet bog)

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may 910muss Lackantanks ew 10/1 bog bet365, tote, boyles, paddypower, coral Joint top speed fig on claimer win on poly; 3 unsuitable runs in hcps since all have excuses- hcp debut was held up having run prominent on all previous runs; nto didnt stay when stepped up to 8f and lto drop to 6f too short; He has been dropped 8lb since last run and Haynes, who has just come into form with a win and a second in last 4 runners has sent him up from Bath, a long way for a night out!

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may 19:30 Haydock I'm trialing a new system at present (which I will post in the suitable forum at some point) and High Spice is the selection thrown out. Looking through it's form however, it has definite claims. Was well thought of as a juvenile, beating Radiohead by 1.5l in it's first run. Was then highly tried in some listed and group 2 or 3 events where it was outclassed, but still ran with some credit, mainly over 5f. Was only beaten by four lengths in this sort of company over it's last try over 6f and that was on the polytrack, which may not have suited, as well as feeling the effects of a long juvenile campaign. Will appreciate the faster ground , and at 10/1 is a very tasty price. The money is down on Betfair, but the bookmakers haven't budged. 0.5pt EW @ 10/1 William Hill BOG

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may 2:30 Yarmouth - Wake Up Call - Back Has been smashed up in the market this morning and I can see why. Highly unexposed and has run good races on all 4 career starts thus far. Never been out of the first 3 and he should take all the beating here. He could well be in a different league to all of today's rivals and he could well get this done comfortably. There's a decent chance he could run away with this by about 4 lengths or more 1pt win @ 11/10 Paddy Power BOG

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may Also the trainer Chris Wall has a 32% strike rate for his 4 + yr old horses at this track! :ok

2:30 Yarmouth - Wake Up Call - Back Has been smashed up in the market this morning and I can see why. Highly unexposed and has run good races on all 4 career starts thus far. Never been out of the first 3 and he should take all the beating here. He could well be in a different league to all of today's rivals and he could well get this done comfortably. There's a decent chance he could run away with this by about 4 lengths or more 1pt win @ 11/10 Paddy Power BOG

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may

Also the trainer Chris Wall has a 32% strike rate for his 4 + yr old horses at this track! :ok
Didn't notice that to be honest Jonesy. Great spot and even more reason to think he's going to go in here. 11/10 looks like a good price taking everything into account, think he could go off 4/5 or shorter

850 Towcester: A Haon A Do EW Fav Entertain Me the mare won last time and has the penalty to overcome, i dont think she that much in hand so wouldnt want to be taking a short price here. Jadhere seems to be improving slightly but is moderate while Camino Real another mare could get in the shake up. A Haon A Do would every chance on some form but you just cant forgive her recent runs which have nosedived, big price though and maybe worth a small bet on a day where the jump racing is awful. Bet 850 Tow: A Haon A Do 0.50pts EW (33/1 VCBet bog)
funny should put that one up fella...this one used to run for rothwell yard in wexford here...Another of his sliver adonis went over to the uk and has done pretty well winning at cheltenham recenly...another one of his ex inmates "games" goes in the 6.20 towchester..any market support would be interesting:cow

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may Took 13/8 1st thing this morning meself! :ok

Didn't notice that to be honest Jonesy. Great spot and even more reason to think he's going to go in here. 11/10 looks like a good price taking everything into account' date=' think he could go off 4/5 or shorter[/quote']

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may Catterick 2.20pm Trading 1pt lay 2 races to date and not placed but the market seems to think this horse sets the standard for this race today imv i like others at better odds today to take this race Snow Bear looks good and will have a little on EW,3 others in with a shout today as this lay gets beat,laying Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may 5.00 Yarmouth - Iceman George - 11/2 VC - Win Really like the chances of this one who won lto very gamely. Is up 6lb for that but jockey takes 3 off so is only effectively 3lb up from that run. That was a class 5 race and pretty competitive, this is a class 6. Is still below winning marks of last year if you include Carsons claim this time out. Trip/ground no problem and is still lightly raced for new yard so improvement can still be seen. Sharp Sovereign main danger.

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may 6.20 Towcester - Pistolet Dove e/w @ 6/1 Bet365, VC bog The 3.6 for place at Betfair is way too big considering the 6/4 we get at the bookies. They may be right to price him 4th in the market, but with my 9.8 to win and 3.65 to place on the exchanges I think I am on the value. He fell lto in first time blinkers, but I don't like the field here and my selection has potential as a chaser. High Jack always struggles in the 100s and trainer isn't really in rich vein of form, so this is a poor 2/1 fav imo. Presentandcorrect has the handicap mark to get involved, but is still a maiden and again poor value to win. Rockiteer might struggle off top weight and is hard to win with as well. With Hobbs on form and the assistance of the champ, I'll have a small bet on Pistolet Dove. Think they may get it right with the blinkers this time and the horse had one month to recover from the fall lto.

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may Some nice winners in here today well done guys ;) 7.30 Haydock Dont often bet in 3yr old race and especially not stakes races but I have heard that Red Gulch is working extremely well at home, and although not a strong maiden it was good enough for an AW maiden and did win impressively, and form has taken plenty of boosts at a lower level. 1pt win red gulch 85/40 VC

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may 6.30 Haydock: Duty Free 0.5pts e/w @ 25/1 bet365 BOG Has won from a mark 7lbs higher than tonight's albeit plenty long enough ago, however last year's hurdling exploits (with Charlie Egerton) were none too shabby and ran consistently well in that sphere. Ran with plenty of credit on reappearance run after a break on the flat at Newcastle over a fortnight ago and entitled to improve for that return run tonight. If anywhere near back to anything like previous flat form, would be entitled to go close and Matthew Cosham not a bad booking in a race of this nature so worthy of an each way punt IMO.

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may Christopher Wren 8.30 Haydock (1pt win for BBOTD purposes) I really fancied this horse recently at Epsom when we were there on the PL race day. I backed it at 12's on course and in the last ten mins or so before the off the horse got really well backed into around 13-2. That was a 9f race off a rating of 75 with Robert Winston on board. Goes off 75 again tonight but over 1m2f and now has 5lb claimer Kieren Fox on board. Formline reads 3-11-3-1-11. The 1st time it was 11th it stumbled at the start losing any chance of winning and raced at the back of the field. The two times it was 3rd it just looks to have been outpaced and possibly in need of further yet it did win over 1m on good to soft ground and was staying on at the end of that race. Last time out it is hard to tell if it didn't like the ground or just didn't take to the track at Epsom. It travelled well for a long way and raced quite prominently, I was hopeful of an effort but it just faded away as they came down the hill, never really travelling at that point and was then crowded out and eased for the final furlong, finishing 2nd last but I felt that was not a true reflection of the horses ability and give it another chance tonight off what I feel is a massive price at 18-1. I think the course will suit more, the step up in trip will suit and the 5lb claim is another plus, it won well off a 69 rating. Some of the field don't look very good so with 9 runners and the race paying 3 places I would advise taking the 18-1 each way with VCBet.

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may Towcester 20.20 Keltic Lord 1 pt W VC 23.00 The veteran here showed nice form last year during summer jumping with two wins (both with Mr Nick on board). Now will be a bottom weight. The yard scored two wins in last few days. Will be very fresh and if the jumping is ok will give very tough moments to the field going ahead of them.

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may 20:30 Hay - Tuscan Gold 1pt win @ 4/1 VCBet (bog) Doesn't look to be a great deal of support for this one but field doesn't look to strong, Prescott gets these ready time and time again FTO in handicaps and he could make this mark look light.

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may 910 musselburgh COULD IT BE MAGIC may prove a viable alternative to the favourite here. Will cover EW as expect it to finish in the top 3, however ran well last time out and back to 7f should suit. The fav looks a bit short in this type of contest. 8/1 EW Sporting bet

Re: bbotd - fri 21st may great day in here, Ram is on fire with an 11/2 :clap:clap Phil's nap landed the second leg of a 149/1 double :clap Wizzkid, CC and Daveinthelaks (last two EW) in the money as well:clap Zero and Palaceman sink another two lays to boost their figures :clap

Catterick 2.20pm Trading 1pt lay 2 races to date and not placed but the market seems to think this horse sets the standard for this race today imv i like others at better odds today to take this race Snow Bear looks good and will have a little on EW
Nice little double there, Zero :ok