** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

BBOTD - Thursday 13th May

1.40 York Keiren Fallon gave Deauville Flyer a superb ride to land victory on the line in the 3.45 today and I hope he can ride RIVER FALCON in a similar manner tomorrow. Jom Goldie's veteran is by far the oldest runner in the field, but he shows his appetite still remains with a solid effort on his reappearance at Musselburgh. The form of that race is working out nicely, and although this horse has not managed to get his head infront for several years, he has slipped to a very nice mark as a result. Placed over course and distance and on good to firm ground in the past, he ticks most boxes for tomorrow. 12/1 Hills, 1 pt win

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 13th May 3.10 York FAREER really needed the run at Sandown last month and has the ability to win this race if all goes to plan. Ed Dunlop is really happy with his 4 year old and the ground should be perfect. Has really come on since last months run on ground a little too soft for him. Needs the fast ground he should get here and if he can stay clear of trouble he will be going very close in this race. 10/1 Hills. 5 pts E/W

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 13th May 1.40 YORK TABARET 16/1 PP O.5 E/W Did me a favour last time out has gone up 4lb and this is tougher and at the minimum distance this time but now that the horse has won again he can go on and i think he has really good e/w chance here off a mark which it has gone close in the past so imo is well capable of taking a big hand here as i feel can cope with the extra weight. Can see it leading early and being hard to pass. Fairly decent claimer keeps the ride and can add to a win a third and fourth from three rides on the beast. The ground is fine for this CD winner i hope 16 or more remain for 4 places.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 13th May 3:45 York - Fratellino - 1pt Win Ran well last time losing to Duchess Dora who just held Fratellino off by a short head. She had 7lbs on Fratellino that time and only has 5lbs now, Although not a huge amount it should help. Fratellino also has C&D experience winning here at this meeting last year. McCabe's horses have been running well lately. Murtagh riding for Quinn looks significant but their record together is poor, 0/7 with a few of them rides on decent horses. I think Fratellino should have a good chance to place at least and if running to ability could well fly out in front and not be caught from an ideal draw in stall one.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 13th May York 13:40 - Judge N Jury 1pt win @ 14/1 Stan James (bog) Ron Harris' runner looks to have a decent chance here on paper, he ran fairly well LTO behind Blue Jack who has gone onto run well in a group 3 race since. This 5f trip is perfect for the horse with all eight career wins coming over the flying five furlongs. A winner of a 19 runner class 2 handicap last year and has ground to suit this afternoon, he holds strong claims and its somewhat surprising not to see him near the head of the market.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 13th May Chabal 2.40 York 9/4 Bet365 Settled well at Sandown, found its stride and surged clear to beat Azmeel, Bikini Babe etc. Dettori seemed quite impressed and Azmeel has franked the form since. Workforce is a danger but is only a maiden winner, Cape Blanco may need a run and stable in poor form, Circumvent looks outclassed and is a big price, Coordinated Cut could be anything and dangerous to just discount it. We know Chabal gets the trip and if it takes this it is all systems go for the Derby in a few weeks time.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 13th May 4.45 Salisbury Valmina EW 25/1 Stan James Very consistent on the all weather oer 5 nd 6 furlongs in nursery handicaps. If showing improvement on his seasonal turf debut could well score here today for trainer Andrew Turnell at a big price.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 13th May 4.00 Perth - Oscar Honey 0.5pt EW - 8/1 generally bog Grade 2 placed two years ago in Ireland and has had his share of problems since, but after a long break he came back fit and well to win over hurdles 2 montsh ago. Graham Lee keeps the ride and I think this horse can be well handcapped and unexposed back over fences off just 120. Trainer has been doing well recently and I have no qualms about him staying the trip winning and placing over 3m in PTPs. 10/1 and 2/1 at Betfair seem nice value to me and given almost 2 months after latest win today's race seems ideal. If problems are behind him, he'll go really close here.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 13th May 1.40 York - Rievaulx World E/W - 20/1 bet365 Due to the price being slashed on Hamoody, and further study i'm going to take a punt on Rievaulx World at 20/1. Still very lightly raced and showed ability last year in some stronger races than this one. 5th of 16, 3 3/4 lengths behind the winner in a Group 3 last year at Newmarket and 6/10, 2 1/2 lengths behind the winner in a listed race at Chester last year. Better runs seem to come on firmer ground so todays conditions should suit. Ryan and Holland have a 18% strike rate with a 52% ROI. First time out this season wasnt a disaster, 4 lengths behind the leader but was hanging left throughout. If this has been sorted out and Hollands can get a better tune out of him this one could go close.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 13th May 1.40 York: Judge n Jury 0.5pt e/w @ 14/1 Bet365 BOG Ran well on reappearance from this mark; 6lbs lower than highest ever winning mark so has a chance at the weights; versatile regarding ground; proven in big field handicaps and should strip fitter for reappearance run after 6 months off the track. Trainer has a decent strike rate at this track.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 13th May 15:10 York Four year olds have a cracking record in this race which helps me narrow down the field right away. I do feel Acrostic has strong claims but I am going to rule this one out since the horse is 5 years old. This may not be a wise decision but 4 year olds have landed this race seven times out the last nine. Going to rule out Mull Of Killough solely on the fact the trainer hasn't had a win since September, I do like the profile of the horse but can't be backing that with the trainer so out of form. Rainbow Peak is unbeaten and more than likely to progress even more this season and he is definately a worthy favourite but at the prices the one I like is Fareer from the Ed Dunlop stable. Thought he progressed well last year having won 2 handicap races including the Britannia Stakes at Ascot where he shook off a field of 30 winning by a head. Was not at his best on reappearance over the trip in a Group 2 contest but I feel he may have needed the run and should come on for that today. The drop down into listed level should be fine and of course the firmer ground could be key since all three of his wins have come on GF ground. 0.5pt E/W Fareer @ 15/2 (>Bet365 - BOG)

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 13th May Perth 2.50 More Shennanigans 0.5 e/w VC 81.00 BOG Interesting race with a strong favorit coming from Irelandto show his class. But More Shenanigans made some nice runs over distance and scored two third placers in October and November. Also i remember one of Kinkel wins when More Shennanigans was traveling perfectly ahead of the others, when a horse without rider put him out of the fence just before the jump. What a race it was and was happy that didn';t back then the animal, cos for sure something would be broken. The best value of the weak and a five star selection :)

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 13th May

Perth 2.50 More Shennanigans 0.5 e/w VC 81.00 BOG Interesting race with a strong favorit coming from Irelandto show his class. But More Shenanigans made some nice runs over distance and scored two third placers in October and November. Also i remember one of Kinkel wins when More Shennanigans was traveling perfectly ahead of the others, when a horse without rider put him out of the fence just before the jump. What a race it was and was happy that didn';t back then the animal, cos for sure something would be broken. The best value of the weak and a five star selection :)
Average odds matched 453.84 :eyes Let's see if we're going out tonight ;)

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 13th May 3:45 York Tomintoul Singer should well improve from it's last run where it stayed on well but got behind in the early stages and didn't have much of a chance, especially as she never got a run at all until the end. May have needed the run that day as well and takes a step down in company. Consistent in maiden company before romping home in a poor Folkestone as a two year old. Then had a cracking race in a Fillies Listed race at the end of last season and a similar performance but it's in the frame. Cecil on fire with his fillies at present and 9/2 is a decent price. 0.5pt EW @ 9/2 Ladbrokes

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 13th May 630 Ludlow: Boychuk (11/2 VCbet, PP bog) Boychuk's last win was 7 runs ago in April last year when rated 128, he went up 9lbs and contested all the top handicaps without success, he's now back down to 130 and by luck is able to get in this class 3 0-130 chase, the poorest race he has been in since May 2008, Giles Hawkins takes off 5lbs and the opposition is a grade below what he has been used to. Got behind last time before running on well at the end and showed enough to convince me another win is due shortly.

Re: BBOTD - Thursday 13th May 7.25 Newmarket Rumble of thunder was a model of consistency last year and may still be open to more improvement now as a 4yr old, he ran a good enough 2nd off this mark over CD on last start, will appreciate the fast ground and could get a soft lead in this race and goes well fresh. 0.5pt e/w rumble of thunder 8/1 bet365