Greek Football 2010/2011

The odds for the new champion are out alread, so let's take a quick look on the teams.

Panathinaikos1.70
Olympiacos CFP2.35
PAOK6.00
AEK Athens7.00
Aris15.00
Larisa100.00
Kavala200.00
Panionios300.00
Asteras Tripolis500.00
Atromitos500.00
Iraklis500.00
Ergotelis1000.00
Xanthi1000.00
Kerkyra2000.00
Olympiakos Volou2000.00

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Greek Superleague 2010-2011 PANATHINAIKOS FC This year was a good one for top side Panathinaikos, as they managed to hit the double, as well as a good performance in Europe. However, they must not be misguided by a double that came as a result of their basic opponents' bad form and economic state, and they must work harder if they want to repeat a triumph of this size next year. Coach Nikos Nioplias is pretty inexperienced, which can be easily seen in his press conferences, where he's very nervous and is trying to give alibi to himself for mistakes he made in the match. The team is pretty much based on striker Djibril Cisse, who scored 23 goals and had a great season. Had it not been for him, Panathinaikos may have not conquered the double. Obviously, they are the favorites this year, paying 1,70. If Cisse continues to play for them, along Katsouranis, Gilberto Silva, Ninis and Karagounis, then I can't see a way, other than transfers, that Olympiakos can sneak into the top. Their big wound seems to be their defencing line, as Cante and Sarriegi just don't seem able to deliver at this level. Other than that, they have a pretty high-quality roster, so what we expect is that they strengthen their defence, and maintain a high level of quality in the other lines.

Re: Greek Superleague 2010-2011 In a league so concentrated in trophies between those two, Panathinaikos and Olympiakos, that season bets, never appealed to me and maybe never will unless things change. 99% Panathinaikos or Olympiakos will win the title next season too, prices are not good for any of them. Maybe special season bets can be of more interest.

Re: Greek Superleague 2010-2011 I believe that if the three top sides (OSFP, PAO, AEK) perform the same as this year, PAOK has a great chance of being champions (it depends on the t4 teams' transfers I think)

Re: Greek Superleague 2010-2011 PAOK FC A great year for the team from Thessaloniki, they were fighting for the title three matches before the end, and they were victims of very bad refs. In the play-offs PAOK was the best team, which lead them to conquer the 2nd place 2 matches before the end of the games. This leads them to the Champions League Qual's, and if they make it to the groups we will probably see some great transfers due to the income. A very good year for PAOK which gives them the right to dream for a better future. I can definitely find value in odds at around 6,00. And I think they have even bigger chances of winning the Greek Cup, which will pay us around 6,00.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Greece Super League August 27th-29th 2010

Friday 27 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Panathinaikos v Skoda Xanthi (19:15 BST) 1.32 5.6 16 99.86 %
Saturday 28 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Athlitiki Enosi Larissa v Atromitos Athens (16:15 BST) 2.14 3.25 4.33 100.59 %
maximize.gif Panionios GSS v Ethnikos Olympiakos Volou (16:15 BST) 1.76 3.6 5.5 102.78 %
maximize.gif Iraklis Thessaloniki v Olympiakos (18:30 BST) 8.4 4.2 1.52 101.50 %
Sunday 29 August 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif PAE Ergotelis v Asteras Tripolis (16:15 BST) 2.36 3.2 3.4 103.03 %
maximize.gif PAOK v Panserraikos (16:15 BST) 1.3 5.5 12 103.04 %
maximize.gif AO Kavala v Aris Thessaloniki (18:30 BST) 3.1 3.1 2.62 102.68 %
maximize.gif Kerkyra v AEK Athens (18:30 BST) 8 4 1.53 102.72 %

• 4 weeks later...

Re: Greece Super League August 27th-29th 2010

kavala panathinaikos 2-1 at half time' date='panathinaikos is playing really bad,but is much stronger team and catake at least the draw.one notice last year pao didnt win kavala in both games but the odds are great.[/quote'] final2-2,pao didnt deserve it,but make it thru his quality.

Greece Super league 19th sept Kerkyra Corfu @ 2.34 DNB....Betfair....A small bet for me here based on stats alone.Kerkyra have played 2 games this season a 2-1 home win vs AEK and a 2-0 loss away at Olympiakos.Not a bad start against 2 good teams. Atromitos lost 1-0 away at Larissa and drew 1-1 at home to Iraklis.Atromitos are based in Athens so they'll have a bit of a journey to Corfu where Kerkyra(newly promoted) only lost once last season.Atromitos only won twice on their travels last season and I feel this match is being priced on the fact that Kerkyra are newly promoted and there is a bit of value here....

Re: Greece Super league 19th sept

:clapi diidnt see the game' date='but i dont change my mind atromitos is going to save easily and kerkyra fight not going down,great call:clapthats the spirit for this forum,i hope.[/quote'] A big part of the spirit of this forum I consider to be value.Yesterday was not a relegation issue and I'm not saying for one second that Kerkyra are better than Atromitos but thats not the whole issue.The odds on the home(I know they weren't) win were 5/2 on a team that beat AEK at this ground against a team that won 2 out of 15 matches last season when they didn't play at home. There is very rarely just one issue.The odds are a huge factor.Get the bigger picture,try to find the value and the wins will follow....thanks for your posts though,it's always good to have local info......

Greece Lower league 20th sept VERIA FC DNB @ 7/2 and X2 @ 13/10...Sportingbet....Again a small interest here based on form/stats etc...I'm again open to correction from any greek person who has 1st hand knowledge but again it's the old value chestnut. Panthrakikos finished bottom of the super league last season with a record of 3-3-24 for21 ag 62.Veria finished top of league 2 with 20-7-5 for 51 ag 21 and so they both now end up in the same league.It's very early in the season to pick up trends and they both have only played 1 match.....Veria beating OFI 1-0 at home and Panthrakikos losing 2-1 away to fellow relegated PAS. Not sure what both teams did in the close season and maybe Panthrakikos bought a lot of good players but all I have to go on is last seasons form and the 1st game of this season but I think the price on Veria is a little on the high side...A 3 hour journey should hopefully not be too testing.......

Re: Greece Lower league 20th sept

VERIA FC DNB @ 7/2 and X2 @ 13/10...Sportingbet....Again a small interest here based on form/stats etc...I'm again open to correction from any greek person who has 1st hand knowledge but again it's the old value chestnut. Panthrakikos finished bottom of the super league last season with a record of 3-3-24 for21 ag 62.Veria finished top of league 2 with 20-7-5 for 51 ag 21 and so they both now end up in the same league.It's very early in the season to pick up trends and they both have only played 1 match.....Veria beating OFI 1-0 at home and Panthrakikos losing 2-1 away to fellow relegated PAS. Not sure what both teams did in the close season and maybe Panthrakikos bought a lot of good players but all I have to go on is last seasons form and the 1st game of this season but I think the price on Veria is a little on the high side...A 3 hour journey should hopefully not be too testing.......
1-0,bet lost.........

Greece Super League: 26 September 2010

Sunday 26 September 2010 Home Draw Away BPP
maximize.gif Athlitiki Enosi Larissa v Kerkyra (14:00 BST) 1.66 3.8 7 100.84 %
maximize.gif Iraklis Thessaloniki v AO Kavala (14:00 BST) 2.4 3.2 3.75 99.58 %
maximize.gif Aris Thessaloniki v PAE Ergotelis (16:15 BST) 1.64 3.7 7.4 101.52 %
maximize.gif Skoda Xanthi v PAOK (16:15 BST) 4.2 3.2 2.14 101.79 %
maximize.gif Ethnikos Olympiakos Volou v AEK Athens (18:30 BST) 4 3.3 2.16 101.60 %

Re: Greece Super League: 26 September 2010 Apologies for the pathetic appearance of the odds table...my bad :-( Iraklis - Kavala: Draw @ 3.20 (Skybet) 10/10 Iraklis are at the top of the table and have over achieved, I believe, thus far. Their 2 wins and a draw have been somewhat lucky. Kavala is not as bad as their 14th place in the league indicates. They did manage a good draw against current champions Panathinaikos. Kavala will try to keep it tight and get the draw as they are no powerhouse in their away fixtures. Quality wise I don't believe there is a great difference between these sides. I believe we will see a low scoring tight game that is likely to finish in a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.

• 1 month later...

Re: Greek Football 2010/2011

Event Xanthi - Iraklis
Selection Xanthi
Strength 10/10
Date 06/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.10
Reasoning Iraklis is forced to play this game with many absences, and they have a hard test against SKODA Xanthi, with Marino Ouzounidis not counting on a total of five players. Specifically, the coach of vistors cannot count with Karlinios, Sisits, Kobayashi, Papasteriano and Jacob. The first four are injured and Friday they continued their individual recovering programs, while the Romanian striker is suspended and will miss the game against Xanthi. Xanthi is the last placed and they know the importance of the game. Iraklis drew the last four games and will be looking for another draw in this game. The two teams are very weak, maybe the two worst teams of Greek league, and the hosts knows they have a unique chance of winning three important points against a direct and depleted rival.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Greek Football 2010/2011

Sport Football (Greece)
Event Larissa - Panionios
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 21/11/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.91
Reasoning 13th in the table Larissa is facing the bottom side Panionios.Larissa is improving their results lately.They won 2 and draw 3 times in last 5 games.Their last 2 games were away against Aris and Panathinaikos and they managed to win 2 points , finished both games 1:1.In the same time Larissa is playing good at home losing only 2 times in last 9 home gmaes - (5-2-2). Panionios is in deep crisis.They lost 8 from last 9 games!Away from home Panionios got 5 straight loses in last 5 official away games. 06.11.2010 GRE D1 Olympiakos Pireus 5-0 Panionios 27.10.2010 GRE Cup Diagoras Rhodes 3-1 Panionios 24.10.2010 GRE D1 PAOK Salonica 3-1 Panionios 02.10.2010 GRE D1 Kavala FC 2-1 Panionios 25.09.2010 GRE D1 Panathinaikos 2-1 Panionios I rate the hosts like the better and more motivated side and i expect easy 3 points for the against struggling Panionios.

Re: Greek Football 2010/2011 Sport Football (Greece) Event Panata - Iraklis Selection Under 2.5 Strength 10/10 Date 20/11/2010 Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.85 Reasoning In my opinion Under is very propably option for this game, I don't see many goals here. H2H: 5 of last 6 matches in this H2H ended with Under 2.5. In last season on away Panata take win 1:0 and at home make 2:0 result.. Panata: Hosts in this season played 5 matches at home, in this matches score over one goal per game and concended under one goal per game. Iraklis: Iraklis in this season played 4 matches on away, in this matches score 3 goals and concended 3 goals, but one match end with result 2:2.. For me Panata with small win!

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Greek Football 2010/2011 (Football league) Thrasyvoulos Fylis - Agrotikos Asteras 2 4.50 @ bwin The home side is overpriced imo. Their last home game was a draw against the outsider Ethnikos. Agrotikos do pretty well on the road (1-4-1) and 4.50 seems too much to me. It is true they lost last game at home, but it ws against the promotion contender - Levadikos...

• 2 weeks later...

Greece Super League: Panionios - Asteras Tripolis - 18/12/2010 Panionios - Asteras Tripolis: Draw @ 3.25 (Pinnacle) 10/10 A six pointer match between Panionios and Asteras who sit in the relegation zone in 15th and 14th place respectively. Panionios has scored only 3 goals in seven matches at home. They have conceded 4 goals at home so their defense is tight. Essentially, their home matches are very tight with few if any goals. Their home record is 3-0-4 which reveals that they haven't played to a home draw yet. Asteras is a funny team. They are the 3rd best away team (3-2-2) and the worst home team (0-4-3). It seems they play a lot better away. I believe both teams are afraid of losing and as a result we can expect a very tight affair. I think Panionios' home advantage will be balanced by Asteras' good away form and lead to stalemate possibly with a 0-0 score.

Re: Greece Football League: December 20, 2010 Agrotikos Asteras - OFI: Agritkos Asteras @ 3.22 (10Bet) 10/10 OFI is in 4th place and Arotikos Asteras is in 12th. OFI's away record is okay at 3-1-3 and with a goal differential of 5-5. They don't score or concede much. The hosts are okay at home (3-1-3) with a 7-7 goal differential. But, the key to this match is the turmoil within the OFI camp. Apparently, the club is in serious financial straits and several former players have applied for relief from the authorities putting serious pressure on the club. The current players are also unpaid. I'm going to guess that OFI's players' motivation may not be good here in the last match before the Xmas holidays. This may make the home win a value bet, I think.

Re: Greek Football 2010/2011 December 23, 2010: OPAP Greek Cup 2010 (Top 16) The Greek football season winds down with 3 matches for the OPAP Greek Cup. The matches are "knock-out" type EXCEPT if the match ends in a draw. Then, the teams play again home/away reversed. Winners progress to the quater-finals (Top 8). My broad feeling is that the 'knock-out' aspect of the fixtures will make the teams more careful and that should provide for tight matches. I think tight matches have an increased chance of a draw. The matches, on their own, provide good chances for the draw. Finally, a draw gives the teams a chance for another match and some ticket sales.....(take this with a grain of salt as to its importance...) Ethnikos Asteras - Diagoras: Draw @ 3.25 (Victor Chandler) 10/10 Both teams play in Greece 2. The hosts are in 4th with 31 pts and have a good 5-2-1 away record. Diagoras has good form (4 consecutive wins). Ethnikos Asteras stands in 7th place with 21 pts and a tight 8:4 goal differential. The host has an undefeated record at home (4-3-0). I think the circumstances recommend a draw here. Larissa - AEK: Draw @ 3.20 (Pinnacle) 10/10 AEK is justifiably favoured here, but too short I think (2.20ish). Confidence can't be high for the visitors. They lost their last match to Iraklis 2-0 and before that were lost to Zenit and were eliminated from the Europa Cup. Furthermore, AEK has a 1-1-6 away record which doesn't a lot of confidence in this case. Larissa is last in the league and that says a lot. Their home record is 2-2-4 with a tight 6:7 goal differential. Both teams have fallen below expectations and they will be very cautious since the cup may be the only bright spot to the season and a loss ends it here. The dynamics of the matche recommend draw. Iraklis - Kerkyra: Draw @ 3.32 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Iraklis' win should not be this short (2.00ish). The difference between the teams is not that great. Iraklis and Kerkyra stand in 10th and 11th place respectively and both with 19 points. Iraklis has collected 9 points in the last 8 matches and Kerkyra has 7 pts. Both teams are coming off home wins against top of the table opposition (AEK: 2-0 and PAOK 2-1, respectively). Both teams are going to risk little and the draw has good chances here...