** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Week 2/Bet 7 3.05 Newmarket: Fencing Master 0.5pts e/w @ 14/1 Bet365 BOG On paper looks the Ballydoyle 2nd string, however every reason to expect this one to upset the odds here and cause an upset. Ran exceptionally well in the Dewhurst here when scrubbed along from a way out before coming home really well to finish a close up 2nd to Beethoven. Step up to a mile today looks certain to suit on breeding and known form and with this faster ground an unknown for St Nicholas Abbey, think this one could be worth an each way punt at 14/1.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Week 2/Bet 8 Newmarket 5.25: Balducci 0.5pts e/w @ 10/1 SportingOdds Made all to win maiden LTO over 7f. Steps up to a mile on handicap debut today which should suit on breeding and is on quite a realistic mark. Would be no surprise to see this one go close for in-form yard.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Week 2/Bet 9 Newmarket 2.25: Claremont 1pt win @ 13/8 Bet365 BOG Looks to be near on a straight match against Jukebox Jury. Rather disconcerting to see the blinkers slapped on that one after a poor display in Meydan and Claremont looks the likeliest winner in the race for a stable in form (2 winners from 5 last 14 days). Hopefully this one at least will get me off the cold list!

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Away all day tomorrow, so will post up my final bet today Eddie lad. Week 2/Bet 10 Goodwood 3.25: Viking Spirit 0.5pts e/w @ 8/1 Bet365 BOG Slipped down to quite a favourable mark now 13lbs lower than last winning mark which was over C&D 2 years ago. Stable in great form, has won before on fast ground, has the all-important Goodwood form in the book and every chance of going close in this today.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Eddie: if you don't get on in time to post the FC/TC for 1.55, then move it to the 3.05 race. If this happens, my selections are: St Nicholas Abbey Fencing Master Canford Cliffs If the 1.55, my selections are already up. Cheers chief :ok

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge W2/B4 3.05 NEWMARKET~BUZZWORD 0.5 E/W 100/1 WILL HILL Godolphin second string on paper but i think every thing this lad Ahmed Ajtebi rides is worth a second look he's that good!! As for the horse think there will be plenty improvement from last year and i think he will get the mile trip. Way to big a price IMO.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge

Cheers Charlie Boy....your going down buddy:lol W2/B7 7.50 DONCASTER~TABARET 40/1 SJ BOG Very big price. Probably should have won more than has. Trainer pops up with big price winners.
Get in you little beauty:nana.....catch me if you can Charlie Boy:D:ok

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Bloody hell mate. I need a big week next week now. Well done Eddie - great find; top drawer. :clap ain't over yet mate - double/treble central for me from now on ;)

Week 2/Bet 8 Newmarket 5.25: Balducci 0.5pts e/w @ 10/1 SportingOdds Made all to win maiden LTO over 7f. Steps up to a mile on handicap debut today which should suit on breeding and is on quite a realistic mark. Would be no surprise to see this one go close for in-form yard.
Alright Eddie - as I need every penny I can get mate, I had a place on Balducci in 5.25 Newmarket on Saturday. Paid 1/4 odds - return of 1.25 I think. Every little counts right now big fella! :ok

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Week 3/Bet 1: 4.35 Chepstow: Sangfroid Last seen on flat in Oct 2007 (won from mark of 49 that year), however since then has became quite a decent hurdler, progressing to a current mark of 128. Would be disappointing if today's flat mark of 54 was not well within range and has to be a good bet at current 11/8. 2.15 Curragh: Radgarcnafarraige Jim Bolger amongst the winners over last 14 days and horses appear to be running consistent enough. Although hasn't exactly been firing the 2yo winners in so far this year, I expect this one to prove tough to beat today. Made a very nice debut when 2nd over 5f on heavy going here last month. Sure to improve and with better ground and step up to 6f today looking sure to suit on breeding, think there is every chance of this one proving tough to beat. BET: 1pt Win Double SANGFROID: 11/8 (Betfred BOG) RADGARCNAFARRAIGE: 11/4 (Betfred BOG) Approx : 8.9/1

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Week 3/Bet 2: 4.35 Chepstow: Sangfroid Last seen on flat in Oct 2007 (won from mark of 49 that year), however since then has became quite a decent hurdler, progressing to a current mark of 128. Would be disappointing if today's flat mark of 54 was not well within range and has to be a good bet at current 11/8. 2.15 Curragh: Radgarcnafarraige Jim Bolger amongst the winners over last 14 days and horses appear to be running consistent enough. Although hasn't exactly been firing the 2yo winners in so far this year, I expect this one to prove tough to beat today. Made a very nice debut when 2nd over 5f on heavy going here last month. Sure to improve and with better ground and step up to 6f today looking sure to suit on breeding, think there is every chance of this one proving tough to beat. 5.35 Chepstow: Magic Omen: Reasoning as per BBOTD BET: 1pt Win Treble SANGFROID: 11/8 (Betfred BOG) RADGARCNAFARRAIGE: 11/4 (Betfred BOG) MAGIC OMEN: 9/2 (Betfred BOG) Approx Payout Price: 49/1

Alright Eddie - as I need every penny I can get mate' date=' I had a place on Balducci in 5.25 Newmarket on Saturday. Paid 1/4 odds - return of 1.25 I think. Every little counts right now big fella! :ok[/quote'] Sorry mate. Yeah just keep an eye on my counting i think my total is correct. Only the start of week 3 and the big guns are out (doubles/trebs) Don't panic mr mannering :lol