** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge

Bet 3 2.20 Exeter: Shinecock Bay: Oliver Sherwood's horses going well at the minute and with AP booked, looks sure to run close in this today having ran well from this mark last week. 4.25 York: Bahceli: Form of debut win in maiden at Pontefract is working out very nicely and will be surprised if this one is not there at the finish today. 6.30 Bath: Kojak: Was well backed in quite a hot looking maiden at Ascot last week and was still in with a big shout before veering violently left and unseating the jock. Can gain compensation at Bath tonight. 1pt win treble Shinecock Bay: 7/2 Bahceli: 9/4 Kojak: 7/4 All Bet365 BOG
Approx treble odds of 40.2/1 :ok

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Bet 4 Bath 7.30: Fault 0.5pts e/w @ 14/1 Ladrokes BOG 5/1 the field here tells you how open this race is and I think the 14/1 available at the moment for Fault is great value. C&D winner on penultimate start and all starts round this course has finished 1521. Returns here off only 3lbs higher and the form of that win has been franked by the 3rd, 5th & 8th home that day, all of whom won next time out in handicap company. Can be forgiven LTO run at Brighton, a course that doesn't suit all horses. Well weighted on old form (has won from as high as 82) and with Seb Sanders booked for the ride, 14/1 looks value IMO.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge BET 2 1.40 YORK TABARET 16/1 PP O.5 E/W Did me a favour last time out has gone up 4lb and this is tougher and at the minimum distance this time but now that the horse has won again he can go on and i think he has really good e/w chance here off a mark which it has gone close in the past so imo is well capable of taking a big hand here as i feel can cope with the extra weight. Can see it leading early and being hard to pass. Fairly decent claimer keeps the ride and can add to a win a third and fourth from three rides on the beast. The ground is fine for this CD winner i hope 16 or more remain for 4 places.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge BET 3 4.55 YORK~SMUGGLERS BAY O.5 E/W Will be 25/1 and over when the bookies chalk up i would imagine . Trainer likes to get a winner or two at this meet and indeed had one today. As for the horse it has been running over the jumps all of this year so for but did run ok at Newcastle over 2m on the flat around this time last year off 7lb higher so good chance of a decent run here and interesting the Dazzler a jock i like is booked.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Bet 5: 1.40 York: Judge n Jury 0.5pt e/w @ 14/1 Bet365 BOG Ran well on reappearance from this mark; 6lbs lower than highest ever winning mark so has a chance at the weights; versatile regarding ground; proven in big field handicaps and should strip fitter for reappearance run after 6 months off the track. Trainer has a decent strike rate at this track.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Bet 6: 8.55 Newcastle: Mey Blossom 1pt win @ 12/1 Stan James BOG Think this horse is very interesting tonight. Has had two comeback runs after a break and to be honest neither were particularly encouraging, however dropped back to 5f (both wins have been over this trip), ground conditions should pose no problem and handicap mark is very tempting indeed. Has won from as high as 85 (albeit 2 years ago) but ran very well from a mark of 68 when just touched off into 2nd this time last year (approx) - runs from a mark of only 58 tonight and with Michael Stainton good for his additional 3lbs claim, the horse could prove too good for these if recapturing a little form. 12/1 is a value price IMO.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Bet 7 Newbury 2.55: Principal Role Has some of the best form on offer for this today and with return to fast ground in it's favour, taken to go close. Hamilton 6.20: Boundless Spirit Debut run is working out very well with horses down the field going on to win subsequently. Was keen through that debut run so entitled to come on for the experience and should be involved at the finish. Principal Role: 4/1 Boundless Spirit: 2/1 Both Bet 365 BOG Bet: 1pt win Double

Bet 7 Newbury 2.55: Principal Role Has some of the best form on offer for this today and with return to fast ground in it's favour, taken to go close. Hamilton 6.20: Boundless Spirit Debut run is working out very well with horses down the field going on to win subsequently. Was keen through that debut run so entitled to come on for the experience and should be involved at the finish. Principal Role: 4/1 Boundless Spirit: 2/1 Both Bet 365 BOG Bet: 1pt win Double
Coming after you Eddie Lad :ok

Bet 6: 8.55 Newcastle: Mey Blossom 1pt win @ 12/1 Stan James BOG Think this horse is very interesting tonight. Has had two comeback runs after a break and to be honest neither were particularly encouraging, however dropped back to 5f (both wins have been over this trip), ground conditions should pose no problem and handicap mark is very tempting indeed. Has won from as high as 85 (albeit 2 years ago) but ran very well from a mark of 68 when just touched off into 2nd this time last year (approx) - runs from a mark of only 58 tonight and with Michael Stainton good for his additional 3lbs claim, the horse could prove too good for these if recapturing a little form. 12/1 is a value price IMO.
:notworthy Great call

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge BET4 3.40 NEWBURY~BEAVER PATROL 25/1 SJ BOG 0.5 e/w BP is a very well handicapped horse at the mo and has a lot in its favour today and i fancy it a lot. Went out to Dubia at the start of last year and won one. Never to be spotted after, that eight poor runs in Britain ran in some big handicaps at big odds i backed it a few times but like i said never showed hence todays mark is much better than that imo. The horse goes well fresh and 6f is its trip runs well at the track and is a CD winner and must have GF going and goes well fresh. With loads of boxes ticked and what looks a decent draw 25/1 is a insult imo esp if all 16 go to post as 4 places will be up for grabs can't see the price lasting and is a big e/w shout from me.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge My last two bets are o.5 e/w on each 2.30 MR~GOLDEN FUTURE 25/1 Hasn't won a race as yet over hurdles but has a e/w squeak here for a trainer that pops up now and again and old boy 5.10 RIPON~RYEDANE has e/w chances at a big price.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Bet 8 5.10 Ripon: Cutting Comments 1pt win @ 8/1 Boylesports BOG Looked at Ryedane for this Eddie Lad and was tempted to be honest as looks really well handicapped on best form, however I really fancy Michael Dods Cutting Comments who is also running from a mark 10lbs lower than highest winning mark; made a very nice reappearance in a better race than this LTO over this trip at Thirsk; as that was first run back after a break of over 18 months then every reason to believe the horse will strip a lot fitter today and could be tough to beat.