** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge 4.50 BEVERLEY~MEY BLOSSOM 1PT WIN ON BF SP. Around 12's with the bookies but i feel may drift a bit and may even get around 20 on BF sp. Hasn't won in two years and although a lb out of the handicap here has a big chance here if can reproduce any where near best form. Will have come on for first run back. Franny Norton does the Steering today.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge

Try and start the week with a BOOM! Most likely be red-faced at 2.17pm :rollin Cheers mate, keep looking over your shoulder!
As predicted - :$ at 2.17pm - beaten a snotter!

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Week 3/Bet 3 2.40 Newcastle: Duty Free Horse has ran well in the past from marks of 78 and won from 74 so today's return to the flat with a rating of 70 makes the horse quite appealing. With a new stable on return from a lengthy break but if fully wound up for return could prove a little bit of value at curent 25/1. 0.5pts e/w @ 25/1 Stan James BOG

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Week 3/Bet 4 3.10 Newcastle: Green Agenda Process of elimination here and with ground concerns for a number of principal players in this race, think the door could be left open for a big run from Green Agenda who is well handicapped, has no ground issue, has first time blinkers on and is running for an in-form yard. 6.00 Catterick: First Class Favour Ran well on debut to finish 3rd to Dingle View. That horse went on to win a conditions event on Sunday at Salisbury and with other horses further down the field having gone on to show improved form next time out it may be worth following the first three or four home that day. The others with previous race experience would need to improve lumps to get on terms without this horse even taking into account no further progress so happy to put this one in today's cheeky double at 10/11. 1pt Win double Green Agenda: 7/2 Coral BOG First Class Favour: 8/11 Coral BOG Approx Odds: 7.77/1

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge CHESTER CUP 0.5 E/W 12/1 PP BOG Pretty sweet on SOM TALA E/W who is a regular in this. Was in 2nd place in 08 when carrying 2lb higher than today, Disappointed last year when sent off a 10/ shot with 5lb more than the previous year. After winning the Northtumberland plate in June last year was poor all 5 starts there after hence why this low weight today. Took 16's with PP yesterday around 12's now. A big e/w shout imo and good to see it to the fore in Bowlesy trends. WEEK3 BET3

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Week 3/Bet 6: Chester 4.35: Longliner/Thaahira 0.5pt reverse forecast Can't see this step up to 1m2f proving ideal for the jolly Youm Jamil so there may end up being a little value in the reverse forecast with the Stoute trained Longliner who was only a neck behind the fave on debut over 8f and the Michael Jarvis trained Thaahira who on breeding should make a far better 3 year old.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Better get myself off the cold list somehow - bad run just now Eddie lad. Week 3/Bet 7: Chester 2.15: Debussy Can race up with the pace and will need to do so fro box 1, however if able to show best form would not be far away and Gosden's stable in great form. Place claims at least at a big price. Chester 3.55: Malpas Missile Needs to break smartly here to get a decent pitch from death draw in the car park, however if do so, then form shown in hot looking maiden race (1st and 3rd won again since) the could go very close with normal progression for that debut run. Debussy: 12/1 Bet365 BOG Malpas Missile: 12/1 Bet365 BOG Bet: 0.5pts e/w double

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Week 3/Bet 8: Chester 4.30: Dancing Freddy Drawn well, ran close from 2lbs lower on AW, entitled to strip fitter for reappearance run LTO over 5f. Stable in decent form and trainer has decent strike rate at this track (25% last year). Big price from good draw. Bet: 0.5pts e/w @ 33/1 SportingBet

Better get myself off the cold list somehow - bad run just now Eddie lad. Week 3/Bet 7: Chester 2.15: Debussy Can race up with the pace and will need to do so fro box 1, however if able to show best form would not be far away and Gosden's stable in great form. Place claims at least at a big price. Chester 3.55: Malpas Missile Needs to break smartly here to get a decent pitch from death draw in the car park, however if do so, then form shown in hot looking maiden race (1st and 3rd won again since) the could go very close with normal progression for that debut run. Debussy: 12/1 Bet365 BOG Malpas Missile: 12/1 Bet365 BOG Bet: 0.5pts e/w double
1st one wins :hope For u on the 2nd one mate:ok

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Got the place mate - stayed on quite stoutly from well back. Nigh on impossible to win from the draw in hindsight but ran a really good race to be honest. I'm off the cold list mate most importantly :cheers

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Alright Eddie lad - I am away for the weekend from this afternoon so will pitch in my last two bets of the week today. I will have my phone with me though to post the FC/TC for Saturday so if you post up the race tonight, I will put up my selection. Do your worst with your remaining bets of the week mate :ok

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Week 3/Bet 9 Nottingham 4.45: Cheap Street Has run well fresh in the past so 7 months or so off track shouldn't inconvenience if fit for reappearance. Ground conditions no issue; good apprentice booked for the ride; decent draw and if the horse is ready to go then is very handily weighted on old form (has won from 84 many moons ago). 1pt win @ 14/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Week 3/Bet 10 Chester 1.45: Extraterrestrial Can race prominently which is a positive round here; Barry McHugh takes over from more inexperienced jockey today; ground conditions shouldn't inconvenience; drawn well; has been running consistently well from in and around this mark and could go very close in this. Chester 4.30: Zomerlust Very handily weighted on best form (has won from 12lbs higher in the past); Ian Brennan value for his afdditional 5lbs claim; stable have a decent P/L at this track; ground conditions will pose no problem; had a couple of runs in 2010 that should put the horse straight and although missing proven headgear again today, think there is every chance that the horse could go close from a handy draw. Bet: 0.5pts e/w double Extraterrestrial: 7/1 Bet365 BOG (place: 1/4 odds) Zomerlust: 8/1 Bet365 BOG (place: 1/4 odds)

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Oh Charlie Boy i have a few bets up my sleeve to really put the pressure on. WEEK3 BET5 8.40 AINTREE~CASSIUS 0.5 E/W~NOW 16/1 SJ BOG In the lucky last i fancy CASSIUS ran a nice race lto and should be able to take a hand in this with 4 places up for grabs and the very capable Graham Lee on board. Ripping it as i missed the 33/1 on offer earlier as i was messing about but still worth a e/w bet at 20's and i have had a small win at 26 on BF.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge 3.25 ASCOT T/C F/C~DHAULAR DHAR/ADVANCED/KAY GEE BE W3 B6~3.25 ASCOT DHAULAR DHAR 0.5 E/W Ran a absolute cracker in this last year when having first run of the season off a much lower mark this time around and new jock tried in the shape of useful David Probert. Around 20's but will wait till morning to put up all prices. W3 B7~5.19 ASCOT ZIDANE 0.5 E/W Not the horse he was but still capable of taking a hand in this if on a going day. W3 B8~3.00 HAYDOCK WYCHWOODS LEGEND 0.5 E/W I'm hoping this will be around 33's in the morn. This is a horse i have always liked and gets in here off a fair enough mark now back over the smaller obsticles and will like the ground and distance is fine. W3 B9~3,35 HAYDOCK ZARINAVA 0.5 E/W Will relish being back at two mile and this Irish runner can be in the mix. W3 B10~4.05 NOTTS LOOK OFFICER 0.5 E/W Throwing in a wild one here. Having first run on the turf since coming over from the emerald isles after being disappointing on the AW for current yard. Was second at todays distance off 5lb higher at Down Royal in Northern Ireland last June. Lady Trainer pops up with big priced winners and placers.

3.25 ASCOT T/C F/C~DHAULAR DHAR/ADVANCED/KAY GEE BE W3 B6~3.25 ASCOT DHAULAR DHAR 0.5 E/W 20/1 Ran a absolute cracker in this last year when having first run of the season off a much lower mark this time around and new jock tried in the shape of useful David Probert. Around 20's but will wait till morning to put up all prices. W3 B7~5.19 ASCOT ZIDANE 0.5 E/W NO BET Not the horse he was but still capable of taking a hand in this if on a going day. W3 B8~3.00 HAYDOCK WYCHWOODS LEGEND 0.5 E/W 14/1 I'm hoping this will be around 33's in the morn. This is a horse i have always liked and gets in here off a fair enough mark now back over the smaller obsticles and will like the ground and distance is fine. W3 B9~3,35 HAYDOCK ZARINAVA 0.5 E/W 20/1 Will relish being back at two mile and this Irish runner can be in the mix. W3 B10~4.05 NOTTS LOOK OFFICER 0.5 E/W 20/1 Throwing in a wild one here. Having first run on the turf since coming over from the emerald isles after being disappointing on the AW for current yard. Was second at todays distance off 5lb higher at Down Royal in Northern Ireland last June. Lady Trainer pops up with big priced winners and placers.
Have put prices in but will TAKE OUT ZIDANE and put in: 1.25 NOTTS~NAMIR 20/1 0.5 E/W Is hard to catch right and hasn't won since 08 but likes it here and has a couple of wins. On a mark were if in the mood will be in the places. All above BOG BEST OF LUCK CHUCK:ok

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Week 4/bet 1 towcester 8.30 tears from heaven: reasoning as bbotd ben cee pee m: Oliver sherwoods horse has arguably the best form on offer from debut run before disappointing lto. If able to recapture debut running tonight would be in the mix at the finish. 0.5pts rev forecast

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge 8.20 SOUTHWELL MR CHOCOLATE DROP 20/I SJ BOG 0.5 E/W Hasn't won since the back end of 08 but has gone close on few time and has been 2nd on three occasions so handicap hasn't changed that much of late. If i'm honest i think he is more likely to be placed than win but price to big not to go e/w imo.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Bet 2 8.20 Southwell: Tenancy 0.5pts e/w @ 50/1 Stan James BOG On best form would have a chance of this mark. Has won round here before and although has yet to prove as able at this trip is possibly worth a try with Chris Catlin in the hot seat tonight. Just think that in a weak looking race, 50/1 about this one is too big and worth an each way punt.

Bet 2 8.20 Southwell: Tenancy 0.5pts e/w @ 50/1 Stan James BOG On best form would have a chance of this mark. Has won round here before and although has yet to prove as able at this trip is possibly worth a try with Chris Catlin in the hot seat tonight. Just think that in a weak looking race, 50/1 about this one is too big and worth an each way punt.
2nd :clap:clap

Re: Charlie v Eddie £10 challenge Bet 3 2.20 Exeter: Shinecock Bay: Oliver Sherwood's horses going well at the minute and with AP booked, looks sure to run close in this today having ran well from this mark last week. 4.25 York: Bahceli: Form of debut win in maiden at Pontefract is working out very nicely and will be surprised if this one is not there at the finish today. 6.30 Bath: Kojak: Was well backed in quite a hot looking maiden at Ascot last week and was still in with a big shout before veering violently left and unseating the jock. Can gain compensation at Bath tonight. 1pt win treble Shinecock Bay: 7/2 Bahceli: 9/4 Kojak: 7/4 All Bet365 BOG