** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge

Bet 7 0.5 e/w
Sport Horse Racing
Event 4.00 HEREFORD
Selection RATIFY (Each-way)
Strength 1/10
Date 13/02/2011
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 11.00
Reasoning Fair enough price for a horse who was still going well in front when UR late on lto. Same jock back on today and will be out with a point to prove i would imagine can make a bold bid from the front off same mark. Magnifico is a outsider with a squeak.
:nana yeah ha.. another point and a fiver and just 1pt from glory CC75 5-9 TTW Heres a wee appropriate song for you mate :tongue2

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 1 0.5 e/w bog

Sport Horse Racing
Event 2.50 CATTERICK
Selection FRONT RANK (Each-way)
Strength 1/10
Date 14/02/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 51.00
Reasoning Hope all 16 go to post for four places! Oldest horse in the race can run stinkers but equally can win has 6 over hurdles four of which in C3 which the last one was in August with todays lady jock on board who combined only last week with trainer (mother or some family connetion) to boot home a 50/1 shot. I think the todays shorter trip will suit the horse and is worth a few bob at the price.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Well done Eddie lad - yes the pressure is mounting without doubt but don't go getting too excited, this week is another week ;) Let me know what dead-certs you would like your plunder on mate :ok Bet 1 Catterick 3.50: Latin Connection Irish raider who ran very well here on penultimate start when runner-up over C&D to San Deng in similar ground conditions. Has been raised in the handicap 6lbs for that effort, however may still be fairly well in. Disappointed over further LTO at Ayr so return to 2m3f should suit and with the 4th placed home horse from that C&D run going well today in the 2.50, the form looks fairly solid. Definite e/w value IMO at current 18/1. 0.5pts e/w @ 18/1 BetFred BOG

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 2 5.40 Wolves: Chinese Democracy Horse appears to have gone off boil a little on last couple of runs however with Matthew Cosham back in the saddle (nest recent runs with him on) I think the horse could be decent value to go close here. Appeared to pull it's chances away at Lingfield LTO and run before can be forgiven having made a real mess of the start and never really got into the race - ran well here time before from only 1lb lower when 2nd to Piccollo Express and entitled to get closer with a slight pull in the weights. If they go a good gallop all the better and decent price here IMO. 1pt win @ 11/1 Will Hill BOG

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 3 3.30 Folkestone: Airmens Friend BRed to be far better than shown so far with two woeful efforts, one in a bumper and the other in a novice hurdle event. This though is the easiest opposition the horse has had to face and the softest ground. Every chance of leaving known form well behind at a big price for decent connections. 0.5pts e/w @ 40/1

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 4 Folkestone 4.30: Champs de Bleu Interesting horse on handicap debut. Stepped up in trip and on softest ground experienced to date the horse may be quite nicely handicapped. Obviously must show a lot of improvement, however don't think that is impossible and from a low starting handicap mark, I think it is worth an each way gamble at current price. 0.5pts e/w @ 12/1 Bet365 BOG

Bet 3 3.30 Folkestone: Airmens Friend BRed to be far better than shown so far with two woeful efforts, one in a bumper and the other in a novice hurdle event. This though is the easiest opposition the horse has had to face and the softest ground. Every chance of leaving known form well behind at a big price for decent connections. 0.5pts e/w @ 40/1
:clap:clap 3RD

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 5 Kempton 7.40: Alfresco Best known form has been shown on the all weather and has won from higher marks in the past (albeit over a couple of years ago), is drawn well and if ready to go after a break might go close in quite a competitive looking handicap here. Stable form solid at the minute and 14/1 represents a decent each way bet for me. 0.5pts e/w @ 14/1 PP BOG

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 6 5.10 Kempton: Inquisitress Pretty low grade fare here but sometimes these races are the best fun to try to solve ;) I quite fancy the chances of Inquisitress here. Decent apprentice booked, is potentially very well handicapped if able to recapture a bit of form which is possible given LTO effort over C&D. Good chance at a decent price IMO. 1pt win @ 10/1 PP BOG

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge 7.00 Wolves: Tourist Back in November this horse was running from a mark of 87 in class 2 handicaps on the all weather yet today goes from only 72 in a class 5. Has been badly out of form but this two times C&D winner is too hard to ignore from this kind of mark. Didn't run too badly LTO although reported to have bled after which is a negative, however since then the stable appear to have found their feet a little with a lot more positive performances from the horses therefore could prove a little bit of value at current 12/1. 1pt win @ 12/1 Coral BOG

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bets 2&3 1pt Win 2.20 LINGFIELD~TUDOR PRINCE SP Not sure what odds this horse will be i guess around 7/1 so ill go for a win. Now on a decent mark and with trainers horse starting to hit form worth a bet. Jock is 1/1 on him. 12.10 NEWBURY O.5 E/W HILLS OF ARUN 28/1 PP Been slightly nibbled at and i can see why off this mark. Fair little jock on board and can see it go well at a price.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge 1.50 Newbury: Rebel Dancer Was still in with a big chance on penultimate start when falling at the last in a race won by Nearby. Showed improved form again LTO when 2nd over C&D on good to soft. ONly 2lbs higher than for that run and every chance today with a featherweight on it's back and Michael Murphy good for his 3lb claim. Soft ground shouldn't cause any inconvenience having won on similar ground in 2/3yo days in France. Big chance here IMO. 1pt win @ 16/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Only two to go for me. Sure there will be some bullets to dodge today/tomorrow. Bet 9 2.00 Wincanton: Sultan Fontenaille Won well in similar conditions/trip on penultimate start before just failing to land the odds LTO over 2m3f. Returns to 3m today from only 3lbs higher than close up 2nd LTO and with McCoy booked a big run should be expected. 1/1 2.45 Haydock: Bensalem Question marks over trip for Donald McCain horse here and after making a very nice comeback after a spell on the sidelines, Alan King's horse Bensalem could prove tough to beat with trip and conditions to suit. 7/4 3.00 Ascot: Riverside Theatre The Henderson horse looks the most solid option here in my opinion having shown a decent level of form over fences so far finishing 2nd to Long RUn in the King George LTO over 3m. Return to slightly shorter will suit and have to fancy this one to beat the Nicholl's horse today in what looks a straight match. 7/4 1pt win treble Approx odds (before BOG): 14.12/1

Only two to go for me. Sure there will be some bullets to dodge today/tomorrow. Bet 9 2.00 Wincanton: Sultan Fontenaille Won well in similar conditions/trip on penultimate start before just failing to land the odds LTO over 2m3f. Returns to 3m today from only 3lbs higher than close up 2nd LTO and with McCoy booked a big run should be expected. 1/1 2.45 Haydock: Bensalem Question marks over trip for Donald McCain horse here and after making a very nice comeback after a spell on the sidelines, Alan King's horse Bensalem could prove tough to beat with trip and conditions to suit. 7/4 3.00 Ascot: Riverside Theatre The Henderson horse looks the most solid option here in my opinion having shown a decent level of form over fences so far finishing 2nd to Long RUn in the King George LTO over 3m. Return to slightly shorter will suit and have to fancy this one to beat the Nicholl's horse today in what looks a straight match. 7/4 1pt win treble Approx odds (before BOG): 14.12/1
Sorry prices all Bet365 BOG

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bets 4 to 8 Bombs away! Sport Horse Racing Event 4.00 LINGFIELD Selection STAR ROVER (Each-way) Strength 1/10 Date 19/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price 40/1 0.5 E/W VC Reasoning Another big prce and can't let the horse go un backed because of it. Jock has won on it. Has won off 99 & 94 on the turf must be in with a shout here off 88. Sport Horse Racing Event 2.00 WICANTON Selection CASHEL BLUE (Each-way) Strength 2/10 Date 19/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 26.00 Reasoning Fav may scoot up but way too short for me and great value in this horse imo with only nine go to post. Won a couple of hurdle races and been given a fair mark for first run in a handicap over the bigger obsticles was not disgraced in a beginers chase on last outing over the bigger fences. Sport Horse Racing Event 3.20 HAYDOCK Selection SOUND ACCORD (Each-way) Strength 1/10 Date 19/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price 66/1 0.5 E/W SJ Reasoning Been off the track a long time but sometime trainers can work the oracle and get them fit and firing after layoff, heres hoping! Good horse this winner of 5 from 19 starts. Worth a few pennies at the price imo. Sport Horse Racing Event 3.20 HAYDOCK Selection BALLYFITZ (Each-way) Strength 1/10 Date 19/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price 0.5 E/W 20/1 E/W BETFRED Reasoning Tricky trail. Trainer has three in the ace i,ll go for this one in the hope his jumping holds up. Wouldn't want to take any shorter than that but has been running fairly well and is on a very fair mark. Sport Horse Racing Event 2.25 ASCOT Selection THE SAYWER (Each-way) Strength 2/10 Date 19/02/2011 Bookmaker/Price 12/1 0.5 e/w LAD Reasoning Only nine go to post for this top handicap and the value to be had is with this horse. Back on a fair mark upped to 3m any rain will help. Tough horse who has back from poor runs in the past, Well overpriced at 20's imo. Damn now best priced 16's!

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Final Bet for me... Bet 10 Haydock 3.20: Madison Du Berlais Taking a bit of a chance on this Pipe horse here. Has mixed with the best over last few years and is well enough handicapped to be of interest here in a wide open looking race. Ground shouldn't pose any problem and front running style may suit this event. 0.5pts e/w @ 33/1 VC BOG

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Well done Edward - well and truly opened up a family sized can of whoop ass on me since we started back up again!! You are due a few free bets from me, just let me know the when/wheres and i'll sort them for you pal and hope they're lucky for you. Well done again mate and let's get thinking about the next challenge... to be continued! Good luck on the attempt to reach 10pts for the further free bet by the way :(

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet9

Sport Horse Racing
Event 2.20 KEMPTON
Selection HI SPEC (Each-way)
Strength 2/10
Date 20/02/2011
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 11.00
Reasoning Trainer & Jock do well when teaming up and Adam Kirby is a three time winner on Hi Spec. The negitavies are that all wins in C7 and han't won off a mark over 48 but i think this CD winner will go well and at 10's is the value bet in the races and Stan James go 1/4 the place.