Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bets 9 & 10 3.30 NEWTON ABBOT RASLAN 1pt win 10/1 PP Pipe has four in this and the one i like of them is last years winner on same mark as last year and though not at best this year will most likely tuned up for another tilt at this and money for it. 4.00 NEWTON ABBOT CASHEL BLUE O.5 E/W 20/1 betfred Bit of a dark one here has no chance on last years form but has changed yard so may do better a change is good as a rest sometimes and would have a squeak if his interest is rekindled.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge A winner and a placer over the weekend gives me the honors but chuck unlucky with his double it could have been a different story. So that another week over and scores are :drums CC75 4~7 TTW ( £10 TO BET) You badly need the point this week Charlie Boy. Best of luck:ok

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge BET I I fancy one of the rags in the 3.15 KEMPTON~SAVIOUR SANDS 25/1 WH O.5 E/W. WH is the only firm pricing this race up at present and the 25's is very generous in my view. Just a lb higher than win at Wolver in feb this is a slightly better race and has to bounce back from a shocker on the turf but was 12/12 at Lingfield before Wolver win has a good draw and i think could surprise at a very nice price now that it is back on the AW.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Well done on Sunday mate - couple of nice horses to seal the deal for you :clap Important week for me here. You're due a ten spot bet as it stands. Bet 1 6.20 Leicester: Prince of Dreams 1pt win @ 12/1 Skybet Pretty big price for this horse with a depleted field here. Best effort to date was on debut on soft ground when 2nd to a decent Andrew Balding horse so ground conditions no problem. Having said that the horse doesn't look obviously thrown in at the weights but with Harry Bentley good for his 7lbs claim, the featherweight this horse is carrying may make the difference on handicap debut.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Alright mate, absolutely over my head at work at the minute so will most likely do most of my posting at weekend. Have one for today though - a cheeky little chancer at a price. Bet 2 5.15 Ayr: Sendreni 0.5pts e/w @ 50/1 Stan James BOG This is not a strong contest by any stretch of the imagination and think this one has a squeak stepped up in trip. Moves up to a mile having mainly been raced at 6-7f and has won from marks as high as 69 (all over 7f) - runs here today with a rating of only 49 and with a half decent apprentice taking a further 5lbs off is running with a featherweight on it's back. Worth chancing IMO at a decent each way price as breeding suggests step up in trip is not a bad move.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 4 5.40 CFLYMDER 22/1 0.5 E/W SJ Can do a heck of a lot better than achieved so far this year and now backback in grade and on a mark in the 80's will start to trouble the judge soon. The fact that it is dropped to 6f should be fine in this soft ground. Top yard who have two in this this, other not without a chance but i'll stick with the Hughes elect.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bets 5-7 2.25 Got this down to three but reluctantly will leave out Shotley Mac in favour of the two Nichnolls horses EUSTON SQUARE & SAUCY BROWN VC who are both well handicaped a win 0.5 RFC. 3.30 LOOK BUSY E/W 0.5 33/1 PP Think this one is well overpriced. Goes well here has a couple of wins last in May beating Masta Plasta. All win have come at 5f so expect better show than of late. 5.15 I'm hoping for better from PARCHMENT 25/1 0.5 E/W WH now returning to 1m2f and both it wins have come here.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 3: Bev 5.15: Lucayan Dancer: Worth chancing here back over 10f. Won on reappearance over this trip and has been poor since. Hasn't raced over this trip last three runs and return to 10f may bring about some improvement. Now 3lbs lower than that win and rated some way below highest winning mark. Each way chance IMO. 0.5pts e/w @ 25/1 Stan James BOG Bet 4: Goodwood 4.50: Perfect Flight: Ground ideal for this C&D winner. Handicap mark is attractive too having won from higher in the past. Has to have solid claims with everything looking in place for a big run. Codemaster, Tijori or Elusivity all have strong credentials for this and 2/1 looks short. Irrespective this horse is a lay at current 2/1 now as it will drift prior to off IMO as too tight. 1pt win @ 17/2 SportingBet Bet 5: Newmarket 2.15: Bull Whip: Stable in fine form at the minute and on this one's return to 7f on ground that suits, has to have a great chance in this company. 1pt win @ 8/1 Bet365 BOG Bet 6: Redcar 5.20: Hurricane Thomas: Return to 10f should suit having won nicely for this pilot in a similar contest three starts back. Ran well penultimate start and if forgiven LTO flop then holds every chance at a decent price. 1pt win @ 12/1 Boylesports BOG Good Luck whatever you bet mate :cheers

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge

Bet 4: Goodwood 4.50: Perfect Flight: Ground ideal for this C&D winner. Handicap mark is attractive too having won from higher in the past. Has to have solid claims with everything looking in place for a big run. Codemaster, Tijori or Elusivity all have strong credentials for this and 2/1 looks short. Irrespective this horse is a lay at current 2/1 now as it will drift prior to off IMO as too tight. 1pt win @ 17/2 SportingBet
Sorry, that was copied from what I intended to put in my lay of the day (don't know how I managed it but I did! :wall

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge

Charlie if you pick this up before the first runs could you stick 20p e.w lucky 15 (£6.00) with any of your bookies on the following- 3.30 BEV~LOOK BUSY 5.15 BEV~PARCHMENT 5.20 RC~FOLLOW THE SUN 7.50 RC~MISTERISLAND TA MATE:ok
your on mate: 3.30 BEV~LOOK BUSY - 33/1 5.15 BEV~PARCHMENT - 20/1 5.20 RC~FOLLOW THE SUN - 14/1 7.50 RC~MISTERISLAND - 12/1 All with Bet365 BOG - at those prices return would be £34,492.80 for the win element of the bet alone :eek Good luck chum :hope

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Ok, we go in to the last day with Charles having a 8-0 lead. Bets 8-10 3.45 CURRAGH~ REVERENCE 0.5 E/W 28/1 SJ The flying five and i hope all 16 runners go to post. This old hand has ran some cracking race over the years and proved that there is life in the old dog yet when a cracking second on last apperance here. Would have liked to seen some juice in the ground for it but still worth a dig at the price. 4.40 BEVERELY~RED KESTREL 1PT WIN 14/1 BETFRED Good run LTO and can go close here off a fair mark for smart yard. 3.20 GOODWOOD~VICTORIA SPOUNGE 0.5 E/W 50/1 BETFRED It will be the icing on the cake if this one wins! Has been highly tried for new yard since arriving from the Hannon stable and is so again today in this. I think the soft ground will help and Dane O'Neill who rode for its four wins when at the Hannon stable is booked. A quirky horse who is often slow away but they must think it has the ability to keep running it in this grade.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 7: Curragh 3.45: Tax Free Dandy Nicholls doesn't send them over the water unless he thinks they have a chance and think the sprint king will take this today with Tax Free. Record over C&D reads 2-1 and in an open looking race I think that 11/1 looks a nice price. 1pt win @ 11/1 Coral BOG Bet 8: 3.20: Goodwood: Wedding March Saeed Bin Suroor's horses going well at the minute and if able to recapture best 2yo form this horse would be entitled to go very close today. First effort on ground with a bit of cut looks as if it may help on breeding and at a big price has a great chance IMO. 1pt win @ 10/1 Coral BOG Bet 9: 3.55 Goodwood: Himalya Been running well in group company and this race looks very winnable. Highest RPR and entitled to be fave - current price is attractive at 11/4. 11/4 Bet365 BOG 2.45 Curragh: Glor Na Mara Shades of odds on about this one but has the strongest form in the book by some way and looks a penalty kick IMO on return to 6f for top stable. 5/6 Bet365 BOG 2.00 Yarmouth: Finoon Godolphin's 2yo's in great form and this race won't take a lot of winning. Expect this one to make a winning debut today. evens Bet365 BOG 1pt win treble

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 10: Goodwood 5.40: Calabaza 0.5pts e/w @ 33/1 Stan James BOG Previous C&D winner who is plummeting down the weights due to poor recent form. However different ground conditions today and has won with cut before so no forlorn hope at decent odds. Good luck Eddie :ok

• 5 months later...

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge We're back! Re-cap of rules. £5 weekly challenge 10 bets but the winner has to get 10pts or more in a given week to win the fiver if not it doubles to 10 the next week 15 the next 20 next..... untill its won then we go back to a fiver. However the winner each week gets a point no mater how many points he scores and the first to ten point wins a £30 bet from the other. The FC/TC race each Sat is separate if anyone gets the FC up he gets a free £15 from the other and TC and its a free £30 bet. Bets are profit only. Full stake must be taken out of bet whether its win or placed. Current standings CC75 5-7 TTW (OWED £4 BET) £10 Running on to this week Week starts Mon and ends Sun. Good Luck Charles:ok

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge I'm back baby and it's time to turn the thumb screws!! ;) Bet 1 1.35 Wolverhampton: Grand Palace 0.5pts e/w @ 14/1 Bet365 BOG On best form this horse is thrown in on current mark and certainly showed enough last time over C&D to think that the horse was starting to come to hand a little. Trainer starting to hit his stride too with some nice priced placed horses over last few days so anything he puts out at the minute should be respected. Decent apprentice booked and may go close at a price.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge BET1~3.50 TAUTON~TROUBLETIMESTWO 40/1 VC 0.5 E/W BOG Think Kings Revenge & Karky Shultz have good e/w chances but will take a chance on the rag at a massive looking price. Not been at best this term so far put the yard has been quiet until lately so would not be a big surprise to this horse come back to last season form and as i have said before when Trainer & Jock hit form they are worth keeping a close eye on and this horse is well worth an e/w bet at the price IMO.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Quiet start Eddie... Bet 2 1.10 Lingfield: Sadeek 1pt win @ 9/1 WillHill BOG Going to take a little chance in a tight looking apprentice handicap here. This horse is entitled to have came on for LTO run when beaten 3.5 lengths by Shared Moment over C&D. By right, at the weights, the horse has it all to do with Shared Moment again, however that was the horse's first run wince Feb last year and although showing up well for a long way, it looked a given that the horse needed the run and would come on for it. Positive jockey booking too and 9/1 looks decent IMO.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 3 Kempton 7.50: Novastasia This is a horrific race and for that reason any of these could win. I think that this horse has decent claims. LTO run over a furlong shorter is fairly decent form for this level and although RP doubt the horse's ability to get the trip, breeding suggest otherwise and I would be willing to give it another chance at 7f at 16/1. 0.5pts e/w @ 16/1 Bet365 BOG