** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 8 7.30 York: Mudaarah 1pt win @ 16/1 Bet365 BOG For fear of a NR i'm putting this one down as a win only. Best 2yo form would see this one go close and i'm gonna take a little gamble that tonight could be the night that form is recaptured in a pretty open looking event with stable form pretty solid at the minute.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge 3.50 ASCOT ADVANCED O.5 E/W 33/1 SJ 4yo's have a great record in this as im sure our stats guys will point out but i'll go for the more mature Advanced. Has won a few decent races this horse and Dad & Daughter combined off this mark to win here in September i think if it can run anywhere near that it will have a hell of a chance in this i think it will and is well overpriced imo. Last years winner Al Muheer also looks overpriced with SJ at 33/1.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet4 3.40 YORK SEA OF LEAVES 0.5 E/W SJ 33/1 Another fairly strong e/w fancy for me. I always have a good look at the Goldie horses in these big handicaps and gone for his 2nd string in this. Had a bit of a mishap lto but fair run in listed company before that if no ill effect from previous race should go well at a decent price.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge BET5 340 ASCOT AL MUHEER 0.5 E/W 28/1 BET365 Have backed this at 33's as i think last years winner will bounce back to form and price is way to big IMO. BET6 4.45 YORK 0.5 RFC 0N DAZZLING LIGHT/LA VECCHIA SCUOLA 1st & 2nd at chester in may can see the same happening here. BET7 5.20 YORK VILOENT VILOCITY 20/ 0.5 E/W PP Hoping this horse will bounce back to form and 20's is a fair price IMO.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 9 like a challenge so going to take on the ladies jock race in the first at Ascot. Ascot 1.30: Abbondanza 1pt win @ 13/2 Bet365 BOG Has been farming Claimers and may not actually be too badly handicapped on return to that race type today. Has won from marks of up to 104 on the AW and last win in claiming company on penultimate start looks fairly solid with third placed home horse winning a handicap next time out. Well in on old form and if able to translate that to handicap company today with a positive jockey booking in Nina Carberry, could go close.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 10 Newmarket 3.20: Fly Silca Fly 0.5pts e/w @ 22/1 SportingBet Formline with Folly Bridge and the well backed Miss Zooter from LTO effort over this C&D gives the horse a definite chance. Think that price of 22/1 is huge considering the odds of the other two. Finished ahead of Miss Zooter on that occasion, albeit that horse was a little unlucky, and only 2 lengths behind Folly Bridge (5lbs pull). At over 4 times the odds of the other two has to be a value each way punt IMO.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bets 8&9 5.10 ASCOT HO HOH HO 50/1 0.5 E/W SJ In piss poor form but is so well handicaped and although 1lb out the weights is still very well in if he can find a bit of form the opposite to SECRET MILLIONAIRE 33/1 SJ 0.5 E/W who is running really well this year and deserves to pick up another race.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Off to work early tomorrow so have to put this up without betting will take BF SP so last bet is 3.00 CARLISLE GEOJIMALI hasn't won for a couple of years and can be slow away at timeS but can come with a late sail. Again is well handicaped and i think Mr Goldie will get a win out of this horse soon! So ill go 1pt win.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Think this week is mine too mate and the £20 bet - still owe you a ten spot bet so a tenner up to myself - i'll let you know in as much time as I cn what good thing to stuff it on :ok You were bloody unlucky in the 5.10 as Secret Millionaire won the race in the main group and only the two horses that were in it from the small group on the stands side beat it - what might have been chum. Scores on the doors in the race to the magic number 10: Charlie 3 - 4 Eddie Current due bets: Charlie £10 - just thought i'd get that in again ;) Hope you had a good weekend mate :ok

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Week 8: Bet 1 Wolves 3.00: Trade Centre 1pt win @ 14/1 Bet365 BOG If last two runs over longer trip than ideal can be overlooked then the horse was in pretty decent form from higher marks than this. Has won over this trip so return to 7f looks ideal, has won from 7lbs higher than this in the past and in a wide open handicap here has have sound claims from decent draw IMO.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 1 2.10 GOODWOOD CHANGING OF THE GAURD 16/1 LAD O.5 E/W Tight race and Mark Johnston looks to have strong claims with his two runners but i'll stick with the consistent COTG who is slowly dropping down the weight and has good e/w chance again today for strong stable.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 2 2.45 goodwood: Fencing Master 0.5pts e/w @ 12/1 Bet365 BOG If this horse stays this trip, and there is every possibility, then would go very close IMO. Has the first time visor slapped on and if it helps at all then horse should be bang there. Open race at 4/1 the field.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 3 Goodwood 4.00: Scarlet Rocks 0.5pts e/w @ 66/1 BlueSq One of the most exposed 2yos in the line up but has formlines with the two market principals, Zebedee and Stone of Folca (albeit in their early days), that gives the horse place claims. Finished half length down on Zebedee from a poor draw at Windsor on that one's debut and beat Scarlet Rocks a head giving the horse 2lbs (receives 3lbs today). 66/1 seems a big price to me and gonna take a speculative punt on this one today with Tom Queally a positive jock booking.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 4 4.55 Redcar: Top Jaro 1pt win @ 28/1 VC BOG No show on reappearance and form towards tail end of last season was pretty dire to be honest, however handicap mark has slipped and this horse is too well treated to discount IMO. Jock and trainer teamed up yesterday for a nice winner and return to 8f could see this C&D winner in a better light today. 28/1 seems a little generous IMO.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 3 8.20 LEICESTER~EVICTION 28/1 BET 365 0.5 E/W I like to follow this trainer when she hits form and even more so when Adam Kirby is also booked. I'm gutted i missed here winner at Redcar today but think this one can improve now back over 6f last run was first for yard over 7f when very poor like i say can improve on that tonight

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 4 2.45 GLAMOURS SPIRIT 25/1 PP O.5 E/W Love this little horse a real speedster will set of like a rocket and is capable of keeping all at bay and is worth a small e/w bet. Probably toughest task yet and Fallon not on today but would be great if GS could to the biz here.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 5 5.45 Goodwood: Osiris Way 1pt win @ 14/1 Will Hill BOG Last win in May came over C&D, which is always a positive, from 7lbs lower. Has been running respectably from around this mark before disappointing LTO. Has won from 1lb higher than this in the past so still interestingly handicapped and worth a punt at current 14/1.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge 2.45 Goodwood: Old Joe Said 0.5pt win @ Betfair SP 0.5pt place @ Betfair SP Dangerously well handicapped and as already pointed out by Chris this is a competitive handicp. This one hasn't shown much recently, hence the slide in the weights but Epsom effort 3 runs back wasn't as bad as finishing position suggests when 4.5 lengths 10th - was very slow away and left a long way off the pace before finishing quite strongly despite never being close enough to land a blow. Current price of 33/1 could be a little generous as the horse can win from this mark.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge FC/TC has to be the Stewards Cup mate 3.40 Goodwood I'm off to a family wedding all day tomorrow but will be kicking about for half hour in morning (hopefully) - good luck and a peach with Joseph Henry, well done fella :clap:clap

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 7 3.40 Goodwood: Ancien Regime 0.5pts e/w @ 40/1 VVC Bet BOG (5 places) This horse is very dangerously handicapped if first time blinkers have a positive effect. Has won from 95 prior to winning at group level and has been rated as high as 110 so 98 not a prohibitive mark today. 40/1 is generous IMO.

Re: Charlie v Eddie £5 Weekly Challenge Bet 8 Goodwood 3.40: Evens & Odds 0.5pts e/w @ 28/1 Stan James BOG (5 places) Have to put one of the sprint king David Nicholl's horses in and think Evens & Odds has a decent chance from a declining mark. Billy Cray claims a handy 5lbs and running from same mark as when a solid 2nd in this last year has to have claims IMO.