Ten To Follow - Flat 2010 - The winner is ...........

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010 From the list of 250 horses, select Ten to Follow in Flat races during the competition - Saturday 1st May to Saturday 16th October 2010 inclusive. Entries must be received by no later than 12.00 noon Saturday 1st May. SCORING Selections winning Flat races under the Rules of Racing (excluding NH Flat races) in Great Britain and Ireland or Group races in France, Germany or Italy and Grade One Stakes races in North America during the period of the competition will be awarded points as follows:

25 points Group One / Grade One race
20 points Group Two race
15 points Group Three race
12 points Listed race
10 points Other race
In the event of a dead-heat, points will be divided by the number of horses dead-heating with fractions rounded down. No points for a walkover. The official result on the day will be used for the calculation of points with any subsequent disqualifications disregarded. BONUS POINTS Bonus Points according to the official Tote / Pari-Mutuel win dividend odds including a £1 unit stake, will be awarded to winning selections as follows:
£4 to £7 4 points
Over £7 up to £11 7 points
Over £11 up to £16 11 points
Over £16 up to £22 16 points
Over £22 up to £29 22 points
Over £29 up to £37 29 points
Over £37 37 points
In the event of no Tote win dividend being declared, the Starting Price will determine any bonus points. Should neither a Tote win dividend nor a Starting Price be returned, bonus points will not apply. BONUS RACES An additional 25 points will be awarded to the winner and 12 points to the runner-up in each of the following races: MAY
2,000 Guineas (Newmarket 1 May)
1,000 Guineas (Newmarket 2 May)
JUNE
Oaks (Epsom Downs 4 June)
Derby (Epsom Downs 5 June)
St James’s Palace Stakes (Royal Ascot 15 June)
Prince of Wales’s Stakes (Royal Ascot 16 June)
Ascot Gold Cup (Royal Ascot 17 June)
Coronation Stakes (Royal Ascot 18 June)
Golden Jubilee Stakes (Royal Ascot 19 June)
Irish Derby (Curragh 27 June)
JULY
Eclipse Stakes (Sandown Park 3 July)
King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Ascot 24 July)
Sussex Stakes (Goodwood 28 July)
AUGUST
International Stakes (York 17 August)
Nunthorpe Stakes (York 20 August)
SEPTEMBER
Irish Champion Stakes (Leopardstown 4 September)
St Leger Stakes (Doncaster 11 September)
Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Ascot 25 September)
OCTOBER
Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe (Longchamp 3 October)
Champion Stakes (Newmarket 16 October)
Any of the above races re-scheduled to take place outside the dates of the competition will not count. BONUS WINDOW During the Bonus Window you can add an additional TWO FREE Selections to your original list, and then the highest scoring 10 horses from your 12 selections will count*. The Bonus Window opens at 9.00am Sunday 11th July until 6.00pm Friday 16th July. *Points scored by Bonus Selections qualify for points from Saturday 24th July (Ascot King George Day).

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010

Just looking at the avaiable horses, Number 1165 Plum Pudding (IRE), Didnt this horse collapse & die on the gallops a couple of weeks ago ? Just thinking about something I read about the Hannon Yard.
Yes the horse did die unfortunately :sad

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010 Ask Crystal Capella Dar Re Mi Fencing Master Goldikova Music Show Rip Van Winkle Sariska St Nicholas Abbey Steinbeck :hope The 2 I was going to include but left out are Paco Boy and Sans Frontieres, I think they will win a few group races each this year. Sans Frontieres will need 1m4f, Paco Boy will be a 1m horse again.

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010 Paco was in my final 12 also mate, will no doubt go to ascot for something like the Sussex stakes i suppose and then Goodwood or York and if there's anything in france, so could win 2 group 1's i suppose. Am i giving something away!!!

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010 Borderlescott Crime Scene Frozen Fire Mister Manannan Paco Boy Pollenator Pressing Rip Van Winkle St. Nicholas Abbey Shaweel

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010

Shame Rumoush is not in the competition' date=' otherwise it'd be easier[/quote'] I agree and can't understand why she isn't. I kept looking for her, thinking I didn't know the alphabet. Anyone remember the days when you picked all ten horses yourself, completely your own choice with no restrictions ? (competition was in Pacemaker magazine).

Re: Ten To Follow - Flat 2010 James West has PM'd me and asked to change Duff for Elusive Pimpernel, no problem as closing date/time has not passed. Any changes need to be made before tomorrow 12pm if anyone else wants to change their mind with a selection.