Best bet of the day April 5th

4.05 Ffos Las Hard to discount many of these but I am willing to five Johnstons Yes Mr President a second chance having won extremely easily on penultimate start off a 10lb lower mark in Old Borrough before disappointing in Cesarewitch but drop back in trip is a positive and will appreciate the cut in the ground and should be open to more improvement yet. 1pt win yes mr president

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th 3.0 Fairyhouse - Rigour Back Bob - 1pt win 3/1 PP this was very unlucky lto. Jockey gave it too much to do and it just failed behind footy facts. Love the jockey/ trainer combo and it should cope with the ground and trip. Up in grade but its not the strongest race for the grade. This is the standout bet for me tomorrow at the odds against the Fav.

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th 320 Wetherby: Euro American EW Tricky looking handicap at Wetherby but quite like the way Rose Dobbin's horses are going at the moment and this one catches the eye over hurdles, has been mainly chasing and interestingly is rated higher over the smaller obstacles yet they try again after a fair run at Sedgefield last time. Very moderate bunch and should be therabouts. 9/1 WHill bog

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th 2.10 Southwell Mackintosh was the one I liked most out of this bunch. I think taking the furlong off his trip will be enough to see him get his first win after two recent 2nds. The booking of Spencer looks good aswell, he has a 25% strike rate (34 wins in 133 races) round here which is remarkable. Looks to be an improver and could prove a class above the rest of these. 1pt Win @ 11/4 StanJames BOG

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th Fairyhouse 2.00 Karinga queen 1 pt W Sportingbet 51.00 A race without strong favorites. Karinga queen is very nice proposition. Loves the heavy condition and 22+ miles distances. It may helps to his prefered in front running position. Andrew Linch will ride the horse for the first time. The best run of the animal was in January, when second to Jagoes Mills, finishing ahead of Cheltenham's Jewson placer Midnight club. GL

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th Ffos Las 5 05pm Miss Bootylishes 1pt lay Has consistent form on AW of late but LTO return to turf was not to match the glory of the AW form as i thought the horse found it hard Today i can see the same happen as 2 horses score good form for me and added to the factors the ground imv will play a part aswell in the defeat of this lay at not to bad market odds and maybe come in a bit more near the off as this gets beat,laying Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th 14:10 Southwell Luisa Tetrazzini stands out as the value pick of the race for me. Only 12 races to date and today he runs off his lowest mark in handicap company off a mark of 55 having been raised 2lbs for his 3rd placed effort over the distance at Wolverhampton LTO (this was in maiden company). His 2 runs at Southwell over course and distance has resulted in a 3rd and 4th place. His 4th placed effort seemed to have a good form boost to it with the 2nd place winning and placing since and the 3rd horse has won twice and placed since (only finished 3/4s of a length ahead of my selection). Also finished ahead of Megalo Maniac that day and he has a great course record, Luisa Tetrazzini is still well in on the weights to ensure the placings aren't reversed today. 0.5pts E/W Luisa Tetrazzini @ 28/1 (VC Bet - BOG)

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th MR CHOCOLATE DROP 2.10 Southwell. 1 point win. A little concerned about this being his 2nd run back after a lay-off, as I'm a 3rd run back after a lay-off type of follower, but I can't get away from the fact he goes well over this course and distance and has been dropped back to a mark of 54. Adam Kirby knows his job and at around 12/1 looks good value. If he flops I'd not be put off him next time up.

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th BLINKA ME 3.45 Southwell. 0.5 points each way. New surface today, and with it being a slower surface, I think that will suit better. Can improve for the surface and also the extended trip today, so with getting in off a mark of 57 (a few pound higher but I think still lenient) and being around the 14/1 mark, he's well worth a bet.

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th bathwick bear 220 ffos. 1 pt win. debutant and so unknown, but i think it all looks right today for a big run. trainer in decent enough form and can get the ready first time up, so maybe today is the day to catch him with the odds around 9/1. trip and ground look fine.

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th 16.35 Ffos Las The Hemitage takes a big drop in class after running in C1's towards the end of last year, she's never run on going this soft but posted her best effort on the softest she's had so far in her career when 2nd in a Listed Fillies event at Beveley so i'm inclined to believe conditions could suit. Leleyf was 2l behind but doesn't look as suited to the going being tried on a few occasions! 1pt Win

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th 2.40 South Mark to market @ 25/1 Generally At the prices, there seems 1 stand out bet here, and that lies in Mark to Market for Jamie Osbourne. Firstly, Osbourne hits at arouind 26% with his 3 year olds at Southwell, and it is a track he likes to do well at. Mark to Market ran with promise on debut at Southwell, and will come on for that run. When he ran that day, he actually recorded a speed figure that, if reproduced, would see him 2nd best in here, making the 25/1 look very generous. Bred to stay, so the trip should be fine. 0.5 pt ew @ 25/1 Bet 365

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th 4.50 Southwell: Lethal 1pt win @ 11/2 Ladbrokes BOG Have to agree with MMW here. Stable in great form, horse has plenty of early dash so trip no problem; has won at Southwell and think this one has a great chance in an open looking race. The money must be down too given the price changes.

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th Southwell 3.10 - Lords Seat - win at 14/1 with Betfred Only 4 runners here and an odds on favourite to take on My selection has some decent course form over 7 furlongs and has recorded some good speed figs There is a doubt wether he'll stay 8 furlongs as well as Tiger hawk, but it's a small field and I'll take the chance at the respective odds To be fair, he's had a go at 8 furlongs here a couple of times and been well beaten, so the jury is out, but I have him as definitely second best and he's the outsider of the field in the odds

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th

bathwick bear 220 ffos. 1 pt win. debutant and so unknown' date=' but i think it all looks right today for a big run. trainer in decent enough form and can get the ready first time up, so maybe today is the day to catch him with the odds around 9/1. trip and ground look fine.[/quote'] :clapPick that one out

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th 17:05 Ffos Las - Light Dubai @ 17/2 SJ (bog, e/w) Quite an open looking handicap to end the card at Ffos Las and Mick Channon's Light Dubai is the one I like. Yet to get off the mark in eight runs, perhaps her best run come in maiden company around this time last year. If we look at that race where she finished 3rd she stayed on pretty well although not pacey enough to mount a serious challenge, that was over 1m 2f so I think this afternoon's mile trip could be just about ideal, has previously run on well over seven furlongs but anything more than a mile makes her look a little one paced. That miaden race at Newbury has brought out a few handicap winners, the winner of the race has won off a mark of 79, 4th horse won off 63, 5th horse run well in listed company, 6th horse has gone close in handicap company off 68 and taken a race in France, I'm not suggesting the race was extra hot but their is enough to suggest that Mick Channon's filly can go well in today's race over a trip that should suit.

Re: Best bet of the day April 5th 4.05 Ffos Las - Hindu Kush - 1pt win 9/4bog (Bet365) Looks to have a real good chance at the weights. Not won since last May, but that was defeating subsequent Irish St Leger and Prix Du Cadran winner, Alandi, over 14f. In receipt of just 3lbs that day, this mark of 78 he races off today looks eminently doable on debut for the Ian Williams yard