** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Champions League 31st of March

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 31st of March What you guys think of CSKA to Qualify @ 3.9? I think that the Chelsea game was a special game for Mourinho - and the players were extra motivated. A weakened Chelsea team could easily have took an early chance, and the game could have gone a different direction. I feel that the current Inter team fares better in Europe, when being the underdog. Mourinho are supposed to win the CL title. A complacent Inter team might get frustrated if things don't work out. Having not seen CSKAs latest matches, or any stats to back it up, I still feel @ 3.9 they are worth at shot. Inter are overvalued. Having read the forum for a couple of months, im now stepping onto the scene. Mainly Premier League, Danish football and the German Bundesliga. Any help appreciated. Aloha. :dude

Re: Champions League 31st of March Inter played solid in both games with Chelsea. They won in Italy, as well in London, so I do not see why they have to underrated to reach the final. Mourinho and his Inter have duties in Seria A, too, but this is big club with world-class players and shouldn't fear of three games for a 8-9 days. I do not see what kind of quality near to Inter's one, can offer CSKA.

Re: Champions League 31st of March I like the odds tendency on the Inter - CSKA game regarding goals. I'm being tempted very much by the rising prices on overish bets. CSKA has a high conceding rate in away games, while they have a scoring capacity and even if they are underdogs, I can imagine them contributing to the score, unless Inter makes this an overish affair by themselves. But the first scenario is more probable taking into account how many chances they have allowed to their last affairs against almost anybody.

Re: Champions League 31st of March I really, really do not fancy Arsenal in this tie at all. Not at all. They are very similar too Barcelona in style but lack the substance. Defensively a joke, whereas Barca have improved and the front three will tear them apart. Not sure how much they will go for it at Emirates, but over the two legs I think Arsenal will get comprehensively outplayed. The only man who can put up any resistance is Cesc, but what can one man do?

Re: Champions League 31st of March I'm actually quite tempted by Arsenal at the prices. Yeah Barca are the best team in Europe but Arsenal at home in the CL are simply awesome. They have a phenomenal record taking away that 3-1 loss to Man Utd last season and even then the circumstances were different as it was a 2nd leg they had to win and once the first goal went in, it was an uphill task. Barca haven't been great away in the CL drawing at Stuttgart, the San Siro, at Rubin Kazan and just sneaked by Dynamo Kiev. I think they'd be content with a scoring draw and Arsenal will know if they are to get through they will have to take some form of lead to the Camp Nou. Considering a punt on Arsenal DNB at 2.34 on Betfair, looking forward to what should be a cracking game.

Re: Champions League 31st of March Cmon guys you just cannot oppose Barca whoever they are playing, they are and have been streets ahead the past couple of years. In my opinion the best club side in europe the last 25 years. The football they play is on a new level and remember the final last year, the most one sided final i have ever seen, united were truly humbled.

Re: Champions League 31st of March

remember the final last year, the most one sided final i have ever seen, united were truly humbled.
Indeed, but remember the semifinal against Chelsea... they were clearly outplayed at Stamford Bridge and were it not for one of the most disgraceful pieces of refereeing I've seen in the Champions League, Barça would have been out. Don't get me wrong, I love to watch this Barça team play, but they also did not beat Stuttgart in Germany and IMO these prices underestimate a very strong Arsenal side who at home will make it very difficult for the Catalans.

The football they play is on a new level and remember the final last year' date=' the most one sided final i have ever seen, united were truly humbled.[/quote'] :lol by reading that statement, you'd think they were the first to discover the game...... Any side is beatable, and imo, this game should be attacked with the price in mind, rather than how good Barca are. For me, it's a no bet though on the 1X2. I'll probably look at the corner handicap side of things when it's available.

Re: Champions League 31st of March Let's start with Arsenal - Barcelona game ... I'm staying away from this game ... It could even end up 0-0 ... the way I look at it yes Barca are the favourites but I've watched a few games of Barcelona away ... They do not try hard and they do not seem that desperate .. The way i see it they know they'll beat the team @ home anyway so they don't hustle that much , and this pep guardiola guy is not that good @ coaching either ... he keeps shuffling players too much .. They way Frank Rijkaard created this team WON all the cups LAST YEAR .. but if u keep shuffling players u won't get as much profit as last year ... as Arsenal yes they have been very good this year , but when they faced big guns ( in Prem. Leag.) they lost ... These 2 teams are the teams that have the most possession in Champ. leag. , now that iniesta is out ... who is going to be Xavi's partner ... As for Arsenal they like to keep the possession just like Barcelona they do play " As I call it beautiful football ... and yet I still do not trust Arsenal .. I feel like I'm betting on Ac. Milan or Bayern of course Arsenal are better than those two ... Barcelona might play for the draw as they do not like to show real Barcelona on away games ... and arsenal have problems winning against top teams . My suggestion would be wait for the game watch the first 15 min. then do live betting .. Inter - CSKA Moscow .... Cska Moscow is a really good team .. home and away .. but I do not give them any chance at all .. after so many years Inter trying to reach finals they have finally done it .. They've done in in style by eliminating CHELSEA one of the main favourites ... Inter are a better team than Cska in every department .. Inter are not helpless Sevilla ... and most importantly INTER have the special one .. They 've got the chance of their lives ... the reach semi finals they have the weakest team !!! I'm sure Mourinho will make good use of it .. and finish off CSKA in ITALY .. INTER to WiN 10/10 INTER to Win to Nil 7/10 Inter -1 7/10

Barca without Iniesta aswell' date=' I'm very tempted by a big bet on Arsenal. I'll do a proper write up tommorow.[/quote'] I'm thinking the same JK :lol. But would like to know if Fabregas can play after picking up that knock from the Birmigham game - there's a part of me though thinking this is entirely mind games by Wenger. He's been known to do something similar in the past.

Arsenal, 2/1 at home! :loon Lump on!
What would you price up Arsenal at ? They are 2/1 because they are playing the best team in the world. Barcalona are pure class and i personally think the prices are correct for each side . Lets go throgh the team . On the wing Arsenal - Walcott Barcalona - Messi Upfront Arsenal - Bentdner Baralona - z ibrahimovic You get my point :rollin

What would you price up Arsenal at ? They are 2/1 because they are playing the best team in the world. Barcalona are pure class and i personally think the prices are correct for each side . Lets go throgh the team . On the wing Arsenal - Walcott Barcalona - Messi Upfront Arsenal - Bentdner Baralona - z ibrahimovic You get my point :rollin
No, your point is irrelevent. For a start Walcott won't be starting, and secondly, have you seen Ibrahimovic lately? He's missed more sitters than Bendtner. I seriously think we can win this, but I would wait to see if Song starts in centre mid, if he starts at centre back I think we're ******. I would price Arsenal at about 6/4 tbh.

Re: Champions League 31st of March Arsenal went toe to toe with Man utd and Chelsea with about 70% of posession and absoloutley no tactical plan whatsoever and they got slaughtered both times. Its hard to know in a Cl game if Wenger will apply tactics or if his younger players may even understand what that word means. Arsenal like to play champagne football and it may take more than a week to teach tactics and may not be appreciated by alot of the players either. However barca will not play like Utd and Chelsea in that they will have most of the posession which in turn may actually help Arsenal who can hurt them in a counter attack. Seeing that both teams have dodgey defences (eg Is Pique better than Gallas or Campbell?) and, potent attacks, you should in theory get alot of goals -thats in theorey anyway. If your an Arsenal or Barca fan obviously your opinion would be invaluable here

No, your point is irrelevent. For a start Walcott won't be starting, and secondly, have you seen Ibrahimovic lately? He's missed more sitters than Bendtner. I seriously think we can win this, but I would wait to see if Song starts in centre mid, if he starts at centre back I think we're ******. I would price Arsenal at about 6/4 tbh.
Z Ibrahimovic has 15 goals in 24 apperances this season so i wouldn't say he misses more sitters than Bendtner . If you would price Arsenal up at 6/4 that would mean Barca would have to be about 6/4 or 13/8 which would mean they would be well overprices in my eyes . Anyone loooked at the corner handicaps for this game ? Good luck with your bets :ok

Z Ibrahimovic has 15 goals in 24 apperances this season so i wouldn't say he misses more sitters than Bendtner . If you would price Arsenal up at 6/4 that would mean Barca would have to be about 6/4 or 13/8 which would mean they would be well overprices in my eyes . Anyone loooked at the corner handicaps for this game ? Good luck with your bets :ok
Was gonna, but ill wait till tmr, Im down with the sickness :eyes

Z Ibrahimovic has 15 goals in 24 apperances this season so i wouldn't say he misses more sitters than Bendtner . If you would price Arsenal up at 6/4 that would mean Barca would have to be about 6/4 or 13/8 which would mean they would be well overprices in my eyes .
Bendtner has 4 goals in 11 league games and 4 goals in 5 Champions League games, so if you were basing it on goals/game then Bendtners doesnt work out that much worse than Ibra. You think Barca are the right price at 13/10? Considering they've only won 1 of their last 7 away European games? Ok, fair enough the rest were draws, but they're not exactly as invinvible as many are making out. Arsenal on the other hand, have only lost 1 European home game since 2004, and that came against United when we were already chasing the lead and had a team weaker than the one we have today. I think we match them in many areas of the pitch, and I'm sure Wenger will have a plan for Messi (I know plans don't always work, especially when dealing with the best player in the world). I think Barca may be suprised by the intensity of our game. The English game is a lot quicker than the Spanish, there's a lot more closing down and there's a lot less time on the ball. It will be interesting to see how Barca cope with that, and the fact that we also like to keep a fair amount of possession ourselves. The fact that both teams play practically exactly the same formation is interesting aswell. Will having two wide players (probably Arshavin and Nasri) mean that Alvez and Maxwell won't be able to get forward as much? Especially in the home game anyway. Anyway, this is how I expect both teams to line up; Almunia Eboue - Campbell - Vermaelen - Clichy Song Fabregas - Denilson/Diaby Nasri - Bendtner - Arshavin ----- Valdez Alvez - Puyol - Pique - Maxwell Busquets Xavi - Toure Messi - Ibrahimovic - Pedro We're 21/10 at most places now, that is waaaay too generous, as is the 7/1! on Bendtner first scorer. Not that I'm complaining.

Its hard to know in a Cl game if Wenger will apply tactics or if his younger players may even understand what that word means.
What younger players would that be then? It's another point I would like to add here actually. We've got a much more experienced team than we have over the last few seasons. Look at the teams that played against United last year. Almunia, Sagna, Djourou, Toure, Gibbs, Walcott, Song, Fabregas, Nasri Van Persie, Adebayor And Roma the year before; Almunia Sagna, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Eboue, Diaby, Denilson, Nasri Van Persie, Bendtner You would have to admit that our team this year looks a lot stronger, and a lot more mature than those previous years.

Re: Champions League 31st of March I'd be tempted by the Under 2.5 goals in the Arsenal match.. Bookies understandably are inclined to have the overs at odds on but ties are typically cagey in the first leg. Can see alot of midfield action but not too many clear-cut chances. To win the match outright at the Emirates, Barca are definitely overrated here...should be at least 50:50. Looks like the right time to play Barca I think...Iniesta is out which makes Barca's midfield less creative, Xavi is only returning after a little injury and played some minutes at the weekend, Zlatan has been poor for months. I really think Arsenal can stop Messi and take a draw or narrow win to the Nou Camp. Won;t put my money where my mouth is until I get team news as Arsenal have a few knocks from the weekend...definitely Under 2.5 goals @ 21/20(Bet365) for starters.

What younger players would that be then? It's another point I would like to add here actually. We've got a much more experienced team than we have over the last few seasons. Look at the teams that played against United last year. Almunia, Sagna, Djourou, Toure, Gibbs, Walcott, Song, Fabregas, Nasri Van Persie, Adebayor And Roma the year before; Almunia Sagna, Toure, Gallas, Clichy, Eboue, Diaby, Denilson, Nasri Van Persie, Bendtner You would have to admit that our team this year looks a lot stronger, and a lot more mature than those previous years.
Mainly Denilson ,Diaby and Song who are young and in the big matches are still making the wrong decisions between staying back aod going forward. Mainly they all like to go forward and forget alot of the time about getting back , !

You would have to admit that our team this year looks a lot stronger, and a lot more mature than those previous years.
Yeah, deffo alot stronger, just have a look at Fabregas himself... He is 3 goals away from scoring as much as he has over his last 3 campaigns for Arsenal..

Re: Champions League 31st of March Barcalona are a better team than Chelsea and Man Utd in my eyes . They have quality all over pitch and beat both United & Chelsea in champs league last year . Man utd and Chelsea have both been to Arsenal this year and won with ease both scoring 3 goals at emirates .

Re: Champions League 31st of March What worries me as an Arsenal fan is how we have come undone agains the top sides over the last couple of years. Man Utd and Chelsea have comprehensively beaten us at the Emirates this season and last season. Barcelona are at least on a par with those two teams,

Barcalona are a better team than Chelsea and Man Utd in my eyes . They have quality all over pitch and beat both United & Chelsea in champs league last year . Man utd and Chelsea have both been to Arsenal this year and won with ease both scoring 3 goals at emirates .
Yeah, but them missing Iniesta is a huge loss.. but I expect them to get the job done nevertheless(away goal a the very least), all depends if Arsenal can pick themselves up after drawing to Birmingham in the weekend, and I have never have been comfortable backing Arsenal when Sol Campbell plays for them in defense, lets face it he isn't as young/good as he was before.. I mean the guy only played one game for Notts County before joining Arsenal..

Re: Champions League 31st of March Don't think the United and Chelsea games have any bearing here. They both played counter-attacking football against us, sat deep with numbers and broke with pace. That is not how Barca play at all......they could but it's not in their nature to do it.

Arsenal went toe to toe with Man utd and Chelsea with about 70% of posession and absoloutley no tactical plan whatsoever and they got slaughtered both times.
When was that? You must have been watching another game. Possession was well under 70% for both games.

Re: Champions League 31st of March Fabregas is now a big doubt for the game :\ I'm gonna wait for the team news before I place any proper money I think, if we don't start Song and Fabregas in midfield then we're screwed.