** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 31st of March

Re: Champions League 31st of March

I know most of you expect goals in Ars.v Barca game but i don't. Let's take Barca's last 4 away matches in this CL 0-0 Rubin 0-0 Inter 1-2 Dynamo ( just cos Dynamo is sh*t anyway) 1-1 Stutgart Arsenal scored 2 or more goals in their last 4 home matches but against weaker opponents: Olympiakos, in bad form AZ,St.Liege and in Porto. I think Arsenal will strugle tonight against Barca's defenders plus Valdes is a top keeper. Barca will be happy with point here or an away goal so my bets are: 2-3 goals to be scored @1.9 :wall bloody penalty :@ over 3.5 cards @1.72 :) first goal after 27th minute @2.00 :) GL :ok
Very sorry for people who were on Barca,that was harsh in the end :(

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a pop at the Double Chance Market: Got a double on: 1) Inter or X 2) Arsenal or X Stuck a fairly big sum on, combined odds workout around 4/5. Obviously Arsenal is the one in the lap of the God's, I just feel it's about time they came of age. Hopefully tonight's the night! Inter should be at least good enough to achieve a draw...........Hope I don't regret saying that! Does anybody play the double chance market, I find it quite profitable, though you generally have to have quite a big accy on it to make £ unless you're sticking obscene amounts on bankers.
wooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo a comeback I can scarcely believe! :cash

Price too short for an Over? But you feel it will be Over? Either go for it or: -- First Half Goal Line @ 1,80 for Over 1 Goal ; -- More Goals in the Second Half @ 2,10 ; -- in-play until it gets high enough for you, but then you will be missing parts of what I see as the most exciting quarter, plus with these two you never know - there will be so much attacking quality on the pitch that the Lyon story tonight might as well repeat... The defensive problems ( or the lack of them ) should dominate the analysis of this game. Fabregas was badly missed by all punters here (including myself) before the game vs Porto, yet I saw a great performance by Arsenal. Iniesta? Well, this won't be the first game this Season he is out, yet Barca are joint top in Spain and among the favourites to win CL again. Iniesta also missed a few last Season, yet Barca won everything important. In short - big Clubs deal better when such players are missing, it is coping with important defenders out what matters at this level...IMO ;) P.S. With all this in mind I am taking Over 2,75 Goals @ 2,05 with bet365 - I can list at least 10 players who can score in that game. In hope of an exciting first leg... GL all
:lol...or I just spoke to early again, happy days 3/3 in CL this Week, thank you Barca, thanks to Arsenal as well :clap

Inter are massively under-priced imo, for several reasons. Firstly, their form in the league is terrible. Sure, they beat Chelsea despite this, but it has to be taken into consideration. Their form in the league is like so; WDDDWDLDWL. Both losses came away from home, sure, but two of the draws have been at home (Genoa and Sampdoria), and only once have they beaten the handicap in these ten games, 3-0 over bottom of the table Livorno a week ago. They suffered an extremely important loss to title-chasing Roma three days later. Secondly, they are missing both Lucio and Thiago Motta in central defence, which should bring on chances for CSKA. Thirdly, the russians have been no pushover in the Champions League, beating Sevilla 2-1 away with little to no match training, and holding Manchester United to a 3-3 draw at Old Trafford and beating Besiktas 2-1 away from home. They've picked up their pace in the league as well, undefeated in their last 5 games, and haven't been beaten by the handicap in their last 10 games in any competition. Based on this, there are two bets that stick out to me, CSKA +1.25 @ 2.05, and Over 2.25 @ 1.8. Good luck all :hope
I had 6 points on CSKA and 3 on the overs, netting an extremely small profit. Not awesome, but very happy with the handicap bet :)

Don't know if you were talking about me but i do watch games alot,not just EPL,La Liga,Series A and Bundes but Eastern Europian as well.But i also like stats as well. I never mislead anyone as i post my own view and opinion.people should not follow anybody on this site blindly.Everyone stakes his own money and can blame only himself for loosing it. BTW 0-0 HT :lol
No, I wasn't talking about, I know you do watch many games and have a non-biased picture on quite a few Teams - I was on about others :ok Your post could have been misleading to people with the away stats you quoted, especially to those who need Wikipedia to find out who Maxwell used to play for or how Messi was recruited by Barca, etc, etc, - just examples...I see a lot of those here these days :lol You are cool Mahno!

Very sorry for people who were on Barca' date='that was harsh in the end :([/quote'] I agree with that in a sense, but I do feel Arsenal didnt play one of their better matches tonight. Arsenal are much better than the display tonight. Arsenal have to play their A game in the 2nd leg and you never know.

No, I wasn't talking about, I know you do watch many games and have a non-biased picture on quite a few Teams - I was on about others :ok Your post could have been misleading to people with the away stats you quoted, especially to those who need Wikipedia to find out who Maxwell used to play for or how Messi was recruited by Barca, etc, etc, - just examples...I see a lot of those here these days :lol You are cool Mahno!
Now i see what you mean :lol Well done on overs even if price was low,still winner is a winner :ok Got some money 2nite too but would be better with 2-1 :)

Re: Champions League 31st of March Yeah Arsenal didn't play that well I thought, but Barca were superb for large parts. Luckily got away with my Arsenal (+0.25) bet at the end with the dubious penalty. I believe I said the most likely result was a score draw in my preview, I certainly didn't think that at 0-2 though.

I need some help I had Arshavin 2-2 at 90/1 but because he wasn't on the pitch when Ibra scored does that mean I win the 2-2 bet?
lol im guessing its a scorecast bet, so u dont win... Arshavin didnt score... so you cant win it, i dun believe the odds would be that high for a final score 2-2...

lol im guessing its a scorecast bet, so u dont win... Arshavin didnt score... so you cant win it, i dun believe the odds would be that high for a final score 2-2...
it was 16/1 (i think) It's worth asking

it was 16/1 (i think) It's worth asking
was it a bet on the final score? if so you win... well there no bet that i know of that says arshavin still playing on pitch and final score of 2-2... i could be wrong, but i doubt it.. on the otherhand if ur bet mentioned anything abt arshavin scoring a goal, then u have lost, cos he didnt score..

I belive this Barca team will unlock this Arsenal defence in more than 2 occasions and I predict First Team to score :Barca' date='before 27 min,by First goal scorer Messi and a -1handicap Barca to smash this Arsenal team without creativity and w no Fabregas.! The Inter-Cska will surely take over 2.5 with high stakes! Taking $25000 on Barca @2.35 into over 2.5 on [email protected]. Thank you all and good luck in your $$$ making today!! :cash[/quote'] So has this dude taken a $25,000 loss tonight?

was it a bet on the final score? if so you win... well there no bet that i know of that says arshavin still playing on pitch and final score of 2-2... i could be wrong, but i doubt it.. on the otherhand if ur bet mentioned anything abt arshavin scoring a goal, then u have lost, cos he didnt score..
I predicted Ashavin 1st goalscorer and finish 2-2 It's worth asking because he wasn't on the pitch when Ibra scored 1st. I'm hoping because he went off injured the bet then goes towards the 2-2. Like i said it's worth an ask

I predicted Ashavin 1st goalscorer and finish 2-2 It's worth asking because he wasn't on the pitch when Ibra scored 1st. I'm hoping because he went off injured the bet then goes towards the 2-2. Like i said it's worth an ask
You do not win your bet . You had a scorecast which means Arshavin must score first goal and he didnt so you lose . sorry .

Arsenal to win - 3.25 (BetDaq) :@ Song to be booked - 2.5 (PaddyPower) :loon Arsenal +1 corner handicap - 1.6 (PaddyPower):cry ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arsenal were poor tonight, and Barcelona absolutely dominated as a result. But to be fair, whether through either luck or good defending they kept Barca out for a long while. It was only when Gallas came off and a make shift defender in song came back to replace him that the goals came flooding in. I at least won the Song bet and I should really have betted on more Arsenal players getting booked tonight, not that they were that overly physical but the Barcelona players being very skilled at drawing the fouls.

I'm actually quite tempted by Arsenal at the prices. Yeah Barca are the best team in Europe but Arsenal at home in the CL are simply awesome. They have a phenomenal record taking away that 3-1 loss to Man Utd last season and even then the circumstances were different as it was a 2nd leg they had to win and once the first goal went in, it was an uphill task. Barca haven't been great away in the CL drawing at Stuttgart, the San Siro, at Rubin Kazan and just sneaked by Dynamo Kiev. I think they'd be content with a scoring draw and Arsenal will know if they are to get through they will have to take some form of lead to the Camp Nou. Considering a punt on Arsenal DNB at 2.34 on Betfair, looking forward to what should be a cracking game.
Delighted to get my money back in the end, no way I thought I would at 2-0 but it just shows the benefit of having the draw on your side to minimize losses. Barca were just simply awesome for an hour.

Arsenal - Barcelona Goal/Goal 1.6 @ Expekt Both teams smashed their opponents in the previous round, both are in fantastic form lately. Arsenal saved their dream for the CL trophy with 6-2 aggregate results versus Porto. Arsen Wenger will start tonight with attacking formation again. Although, Bendtner will be the only attacker, behind him, he will be supported by Fabregas, Arshavin and Nasry. There had some qustions whether Cesc will play, but he is fit already. Guardiola will start with 4-3-3 formation. In attack will play be Messi, Ibrahivoc and Henry. Lionel Messi with fantastic performances lately and he will create many problems for Arsenal's defence, I'm sure about it. In last 4 league games Barcelona conceded only once goal, but Arsenal play great in London and they must score at home.
After the first half, I was going to eat my shorts, but Ibra and Cesc did the job :cash