** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Champions League 10th of March

Re: Champions League 10th of March REAL MADRID TO QUALIFY WERE 4-6 LAST WEEKEND SO I FILLED MY BOOTS AN IRRESISTIBLE 2ND HALF COMEBACK AGAINST SEVILLA, WHERE WE PROBABLY SAW D BEST 45MINUTES OF FOOTBALL ANYWHERE THIS SEASON,ENSURES THAT D GALACTICOS WILL BE GOING INTO THIS TIE FULL OF CONFIDENCE.REMEMBER THE FINAL THIS YEAR IS ON A SATURDAY NIGHT...WHERE?? YES MADRID :ok

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 10th of March id be very wary of doing man u ok they are better than milan no doubt, but they dont have to win and fergie will just be happy to escape with no injuries and a draw, if anything milan on the asian is probably a sound bet. milan +1 10/11 with vc or +.25 is about 6/4

Re: Champions League 10th of March Despite my blood boiling from the blatent disregard for Italian football in some previous posts I am trying to remain objective in my view on the game. Milan are a team full of experience and, despite what you may think, quality. I do think they will miss Pato and his youthful qualities (pace being one of them), and if they did have him I'd be all over milan at that price. As it is I still think they are value as Man Utd without Rooney in the last match would not have won as they did. Milan do lack a lot of the energy that United possess but with the ball at their feet they are just as good. In these matches of such fine balance I don't think it is too cliche to say 'anything can happen'. As Vilamoura said United can lose this match and still go through and 6's on Milan looks good enough for me.

Re: Champions League 10th of March Despite scandalous officiating in the first leg, was buoyant for Bayern in the return leg. Unbeaten in 18, and with 7 wins and 3 draws in last 10 CL matches, the club is on a roll.... But, with Dermichilis missing and Contento out also, whispers of playing a midfielder at centre back does'nt thrill. Talks of 17 yr old Alaba filling in for his CL debut. Will be on Felipe anytime card @ 3.50, if selected to fill in for Gobbi and Ribery starts. A central defender by rights, he'll be out of his depth, and has 5 yellows in 9 games in serle a. Deffo had a play of Van bommel @ 2.90. My ratings had him down as 2.50, so happy enough with the odds. Has history in these latter stage games, and was carded in the ist leg for clattering Montolivo. retribution hopefully tonight. The over 50 bookings also worth a stab @ 2.15. Saver on exactly 5 @ 6.5. The first leg hit 75, and the Italians rightly feel aggrieved at how the match panned out in Germany. Und' Mallenco dishes them out for fun in La Liga (6 reds in 9 games), but we all know they're a law unto themselves in that league. However, he can produce if it's merited, and i still remember him giving 10 yellows in an under 20's match a year or two ago.

Re: Champions League 10th of March

Despite my blood boiling from the blatent disregard for Italian football in some previous posts I am trying to remain objective in my view on the game. Milan are a team full of experience and' date=' despite what you may think, quality. I do think they will miss Pato and his youthful qualities (pace being one of them), and if they did have him I'd be all over milan at that price. As it is I still think they are value as Man Utd without Rooney in the last match would not have won as they did. Milan do lack a lot of the energy that United possess but with the ball at their feet they are just as good. In these matches of such fine balance I don't think it is too cliche to say 'anything can happen'. As Vilamoura said United can lose this match and still go through and 6's on Milan looks good enough for me.[/quote'] Edit - I just read that Pato is fit and will likely start. That gives Milan a lot more snap up front.

Re: Champions League 10th of March Sergio Ramos lets the cat out of the bag on ESPN, regarding tomorrow night's match: ''This kind of match motivates all players involved because there is so much at stake. We are going to win 3-0 and the fans are going to enjoy watching.'' Madrid 3-0 @ 8.50 (Bet365) Ramos to score first & Madrid 3-0 @ 81.00 (Bet365) :lol Well done to all the Arsenal backers. Would of been on them myself, if I'd of known Porto were gonna play like Portsmouth.

Re: Champions League 10th of March Already had Real on some doubles and trebles with big stake but just wonder if -1.5AH @1.95 is a good shot or @1.60 for Real to qualify. Need a revange for a bad weekend :lol.Ready for mega bet just need to find right one.:unsure

Re: Champions League 10th of March The value bet here is over 2.5 goals in the Man U vs Ac Milan game.Milan need to score at least two to qualify.This means they are going to go all out attack from the start.The way man u defence is playing there is no way they can prevent milan scoring. Milan slow defence will be vunerable to counter attacks from the pace of rooney and valencia.So i expect Milan to concede too. Over 2.5goals 5/6 with Betfred.

Already had Real on some doubles and trebles with big stake but just wonder if -1.5AH @1.95 is a good shot or @1.60 for Real to qualify. Need a revange for a bad weekend :lol.Ready for mega bet just need to find right one.:unsure
If you're going for a ''mega bet'', Mahno, just play it safe and go with the straight win, or -1.5, at best. Use it, don't abuse it ;)

"Milan made mugs out of Madrid" That is a very naive statement as games in group matches mean squat as long as the team progresses. Granted Milan have a decent defense with the tandem of Nesta & Silva but if Pato is out or not match fit and Rooney is at least on the bench then its curtains for Milan and their pretty boy coach. Madrid should rip apart Lyon's weak defense as Pellegrini has the most dynamic team in Europe: 1)Kaka + Ronaldo + Higuain 1)Ronaldo + VDV + Guti + Benzema .. basicallly 2 different teams that Pellegrini can deploy against his opponent as evidenced vs Sevilla.
No denying Madrid's firepower, but your wrong by saying Lyon have a weak defence. They have not conceded any goals in their last 6 games in all competitions, including a game in the CL against Madrid's attack. They have only conceded 2 in their last 9. Not trying to put you off Madrid, just your statement was a bit misleading with regards to the strength of Lyons defence.

Man Utd -0.5 1. Milan are more desparate for a win here. So it rests on United whether they play defensive or finish it off. I personally think United will take Milan apart as they did in the San Siro and put them out of their misery. If United loose this game it will be the upset game of the season.
Come on mate, Manchester United never took Milan apart at the San Siro, all but for a 20 minute spell in the second half I tohught the game was extremely even, perhaps with Milan even shading it in the first half.

Re: Champions League 10th of March Are you guys seriously thinking of backing Milan? I no they have to go for it but Man U ain't gonna be defeated i can guarantee that the very least Milan would get a draw. Milan will attack but that shouldnt cause Vidic and Ferdinand to much problems, also there Defence is ageing and will be in real trouble when caught on the counter by Rooney, Valencia an co. Alex Ferguson has said hes not gonna sit back, he will go for it from the start, so i see United finishing this tie early, and chances should fall Rooney way so will take him to score just like i did the 1st leg. Real Madrid can't afford any slip ups a win is a must, Hence the reason the bookies have price them up at them odds Man Utd 7/10 & Real 1/3 Doubles Paddy Power Man Utd HT/FT 7/4 Coral Man Utd -1 15/8 Hills Rooney 1st goal 7/2 Betfred Rooney Anytime Evens Coral

Re: Champions League 10th of March dont underestimate milans fitness they are probably one of the fittest squads in the champions league they bought some well expensive player for however many millions and he turned out to be injured, berlusconi went mad and spent millions employing this fitness guru and building this fitness complex that has reduced injuries by 50% and extended the careers of the old timers by at least 18 months do not use milans old timers as a reason for not taking milan tonight because its just not a factor

Re: Champions League 10th of March The "Milan's defence is aging" argument is pretty void in my opinion. These players are still playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world for a reason. Nesta, Kaladze, Gattuso, Oddo, Zambrotta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Pirlo etc... are all huge stars, and have been for years now. They know themselves that they don't have pace anymore, but they've adapted to play that way, playing to their strengths. Football isn't all about pace, even though many people think so...experience, and knowledge of the game are just, if not more important, and these guys have that in abundance. Milan have been called aging for a few years now, and they know how to play against pace, whether it be by giving themselves a few yards, or pushing up to play the offside trap, these guys aren't amateurs. Just thought I'd put that point across before anyone makes a big mistake by backing United purely based on the pace vs age argument.

Re: Champions League 10th of March I know Madrid spent a lot in the summer and you have to fancy them to win. I have seen a lot of Madrid this year and they get better with every game. But any team with quality up front has a good chance of getting a goal against them, especially when they have to throw everything forward chasing the game. They havent made the quarters since 2004, and have lost half of their last six home games in europe. Lyon meanwhile have won 4 of their last 6 away. These two played here in 2005 and 2006 and both games were score draws. I expect Madrid to win, but the price is an insult to Lyon and the form book. If Madrid score, (and lets be honest,on the massive Bernebeu pitch, with Madrids attacking talent, who thinks they wont even if they are up against an excellent defence) then Lyon will have to start thinking about getting a goal themselves. With over 2.5 goals priced at 1.5 thats not a bet. But 1.91 for both teams to score looks more attractive.

Re: Champions League 10th of March Man Utd -1.5 @ 3.00 bet365 Man Utd are in a very good position with a 3-2 lead from the first leg, and especially the 3 away goals will be hard to stop them progressing even if Milan do happen to win this game by a goal. However doubtful that will happen that Milan had their chances to score at home and did not make the most of them, while Man Utd were patchy but still scored 3 on them. Now at home, Man Utd can sit back and catch Milan on the counter who will need to press forward to get at least 2 goals while holding Man Utd scoreless. Man Utd have shown in the past that they can counter at pace and especially with Rooney playing, Milan will not be able to stop them from scoring. Rarely do you see Man Utd lose a game at home, and with Milan likely to attack from the start, this will play into the home teams plans. Can see Man Utd scoring several goals here as the Mialn defence was exposed in the first leg, while the Man Utd defence is likely to have their first choice backline in, they have the ability to stop the Milan forward line. Real Madrid - Lyon under 2.5 @ 2.50 pinnacle Lyon lead 1-0 after the first leg in what was cagey affair with neither side dominating the other. Expect this game to be simialr in that Lyon will this time sit back and allow Real to come at them and they will have plenty of players behind the ball. With Real without Alonso for this game, they will miss a player that can move the ball quickly for them, so this will allow Lyon to settle and re-group where needed. Also, Lyon's defence has not allowed a goal in their last 6 games all-up so they have shown that they can keep things tight. Real will look to ensure that Lyon do not score themselves as this will mean that they will need to score 3 goals themselves, so they may be tentative from the start, knowing they have 90 minutes to score one goal to tie it up on aggegate. They are likely to be patient in the first half and wait for the opportunities to be created, but will not be too concerned if the game is still 0-0 at half time given that they are more than likely dominating the game and that eventually they will score. Can only see Real scoring in this game but doubt they will score 3 given that Lyon will look to hold them for as long as possible, and while they may score 1, do not know if they will get that second goal on this good Lyon defence. Lyon have gone under in 5 of their last 6 games as their own ability to score has been less productive, and Real will look to ensure that they do not score. From this, the under looks very good value.

Are you guys seriously thinking of backing Milan? I no they have to go for it but Man U ain't gonna be defeated i can guarantee that the very least Milan would get a draw. Milan will attack but that shouldnt cause Vidic and Ferdinand to much problems, also there Defence is ageing and will be in real trouble when caught on the counter by Rooney, Valencia an co. Alex Ferguson has said hes not gonna sit back, he will go for it from the start, so i see United finishing this tie early, and chances should fall Rooney way so will take him to score just like i did the 1st leg. Real Madrid can't afford any slip ups a win is a must, Hence the reason the bookies have price them up at them odds Man Utd 7/10 & Real 1/3 Doubles Paddy Power Man Utd HT/FT 7/4 Coral Man Utd -1 15/8 Hills Rooney 1st goal 7/2 Betfred Rooney Anytime Evens Coral
dont believe fergie and dont start guaranteeing something when you can have no possible idea about the psychological effect that the previous game will induce via the chemical reaction that will be going on in the man uniteds players brains we are dealing with animals after all

Re: Champions League 10th of March This is my first bet for me on this forum GL!!!! R.Madrid - Lyon Clear home win, after i saw the game against Sevilla how they came back from 0-2 to 3-2, massive. It was a very exciting match against Sevilla ,one to watch. Only Kaka was nowhere in this game h played very bad. Real Madrid still don't have a loss this season at home and neither a draw. I think Lyon doesn't stand a chance against this Real Madrid.They can not beat Bologne on Saturday. I'm taking Real Madrid high stakes and -1 medium stakes. Pick: H ,(H -1), Odds: 1.35,(2.00), Stake: 10,(6), Bookmaker: local

Re: Champions League 10th of March cant take into consideration the game before a big match the reason lyon werent up for the boulogne match was this big game coming up, i dont know the stats, but it seems when these champions league teams play in their leagues the weekend before they are far more likely to drop points than when they dont have a big cl game coming up

Re: Champions League 10th of March Man Utd -1AH @2.45 is value...they dont have to win obviously but they will be going out to win, Ferguson has been in this situation a hundred times and they are not going to sit back and invite Milan onto them.. What other teams in the world would United be -1AH 2.45 against at home? Prob only Barca and Real..Milan are a good side that I have watched a few times this season but they are not in this class and LOST at home to United, dont forget this..they are not suddenly going to turn into world beaters because they NEED to win.. At the end of the day we could all come up with a hundred reasons each for any outcome in this game (I think a few people are trying to do this :lol), but it comes down to the individual punters preference..I see -1AH @ 2.45 for Man United at home and I see value, regardless of whether they need to win or not..

Re: Champions League 10th of March The United game is a horrendous one to bet on tonight. If United score first, I can see them racking up a pretty decent scoreline, as Milan get desperate and go in search of the goals they need, United will no doubt expose the space they leave. If however, Milan score first, the total goals could resemble a cricket score. I don't believe that United are THAT infallible. Milan are 11 to qualify from the tie, which is slightly disrespectful to their ability I feel. However, we saw last night how one of the top teams in European football was taken apart by Arsenal. David Beckham anytime goalscorer @ 10 might appeal to the romantics among us. Doubt he'll start, but surely worth a try???? I also like Both teams to score @ 1.8 with stanjames. I'll reiterate, I don't think Manchester United are that infallible, so I can see Milan getting at least one. Other than that, it's probably one to bet on in play imo, because it's just so hard to predict which way the game will go tactically speaking. Probably an obvious assessment, but the first goal will be crucial, and will shape the game.

Could U pls remind me if Pato was playing in the first leg @home and how much did he do??:\
He did play and did not do too much to be honest. He has had a couple of injuries this season and has been struggling to come back fully. I have read contradicting info regarding whether he will start. Galliani has now said he is unlikely to play. I think this may be a bit of smoke as it was stated he is fit enough to start. If he is only 60-70% fit it is possible Milan may risk him as the benefit he brings is so high. I think if United score first I can imagine Milan going very flat and not threatening much at all. If Milan score first then that will be very interesting. I think the best bet would be something like both teams to score or the over 2.5. I have got a little on Milan to win on the night and also some on Nesta FGS @109/1.

Re: Champions League 10th of March I really don't want to get invloved in O/U here again...Lyon will play with only one single quality striker (Lopez) in front, first leg should also be overish, but we saw what french team is capable of: they defended like hell, their pressing game caused a lot of trouble for los blancos and I don't see any reason they couldn't repeat it tonight. Their influental offensive winger Bastos is out for this clash but otherwise Puel’s side carry a full panel to the game. IMO Key absence for Real is Alonso, after we are watching Liverpool's this season we all know now how important he was for that team, his stability and routine especially for game play and defence makes him irreplaceable. Read also hilarious things about Real winning with at least 2 or 3 goals difference, I am not convinced for the simple reason that the double value of a team does not automatically lead to twice as good performance. Even class of individual players doesn't automatically lead to an extremely strong team. We should also not forget that Lyon only needs to preserve their undefeated record against los Blancos to to progress to the last eight of CL! But having said that Real at home is of course at least capable of scoring at least once against any team in the world. Yesterday I read a post from a mate who thought at least one of yesterday's matches could be decided in overtime. I think eaxactly this match tonight is predestinated to be such a match. Away team are only one goal in front, home team has to deliver in front of enthusiastic crowd of 100.000 ppl . Jeremy Toulalan could play the key destructive role for Les Gones. My concern is if CR or Pipita don't deliver early to calm things down, so this could really get a tight affair again. Will think twice before placing a bet on this one, perhaps Real to qualify @ odds around 1,60 for me..

Re: Champions League 10th of March and another reason that i think is not really relevant to the game but ill just say it anyway :lol. man u must be the worst team to back when they dont have to win, first legs in the carling cup, once they've qualified for the group stages in the cl, first legs of the group stages in the cl it must run to at least 80%-90% of all games in the last 3 years that when they dont need to win then they dont its your money people and i appreciate they are the better team. but that just doesnt mean that they will not just control the game and get through to the next round which is what this is all about.

Re: Champions League 10th of March Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Real Madrid with Lyon Selection Real Madrid -1,5 Strength 10/10 Date 10/03/2010 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.91 (Back) Reasoning Real Madrid lost in France with 0-1 and tonight they must recover this handicap.On Santiago Bernabeu is a great atmosphere,especially as the hosts are the same chances at title in Primera as Barcelona.Champions League is another objective for Real and certainly they will win here.Real is much higher than Lyon,haiving a strong attack,with Ronaldo,Higuain or Benzema.Few teams can resist in front of hosts,Milan winning here in October 2009.For to avoid overtimes,Real must win at 2 goals difference and I think this is a realistic objective.Will be hard for guests to score tonight,so the final result can be 2-0 or maybe 3-1.Certainly,Real will qualify in next stage.