** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 10th of March

Re: Champions League 10th of March Right, gone for the following for tonight, Treble @ £1... HT:Burnley/FT:Stoke HT:Draw/FT:Real Madrid HT:AC Milan/FT:Man United £3.4k if I pulled it off. Think that's a do-able set, just see something stupid happen now like an inflatable bouncy ball deflect the ball in the net, or Wayne Rooney score the winning own-goal lol, fingers crossed for myself! :)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 10th of March

The fact is that i see Lyon with better oportunities in this game than in the first one :eek cause they are the dogs here ! and they could score once or twice on the counter . Its just a real fact that Real havent a cimented defence - far from it and could be very dangerous for them trying to score from the first minute of the game . If you saw the Fiorentina's approach last night were they also needed to win but they didnt rush on the germans gate to score for the first minute but play in a decent rithm , reading the adversary first . That almost put in danger Bayerns tactics , who were displayed for a socking the presure and counter game . We all know that with Real will be diferent... they would go for the first minute for the goal and that will leave some good spaces for Lyons counter ! With Manchester , yeah the score says it all but the fact that Scholes goal was the luckiest i've seen for ages :lol and if that wouldnt come in Milan would be another team . They were just cut off from their momentum then... and they were also having amazing scoring chances in the final 10 minutes of the game - at which the United defence doesnt looked at all in control . Milan has and old defence but one thing for sure will have better today... and thats Abiatti in place of Dida... which is a massive transformation , him playing also in the derby with Roma and helpted Milan keeping a clean sheet there ! The single most important fact IMO is that the odds are wrong today , United being just too short in a game which they can lose and still qualify . Its a straight logical mistake if you take United to win today at odds of 1.70 ! The determination and the aspected outcome should prime in this game.. which is a second leg - not the first meeting , and not the capabilities of team A or B ; and anyway both have great weapons ! The fact is that i percive Milan uphill and United downhill for this game and thus the price for Milan straight win is just a must take , 5 ? yes sir :dude But at the end of the day keep in mind that i am not Nostradamus and just because ive nailed the Fiorentina game doesnt mean that il be spot on in tonights games also . They are just allot of factors involved and it depends were you focus your mind on . Have your own shot , if you feel different and not cloud your judgement with my own ! ;)
WOW, Bearr, that was some Royal explanation that was :loon GL tonight

Re: Champions League 10th of March Going to try the corner handicap again tonight. Real Madrid - 3 Corner Handicap @ 1.9 - PaddyPower. Madrid beat a -3 corner handicap quite comfortably at home against Zurich and Milan. One of which they lost. The pressure to score is all on Madrid here, and I can see lots of attacking football from them, but when the pressure is on things don't always go your way, and the ball has a tendancy to not go in the net. Simple reasoning, but pressurised teams can often do a lot, BUT put the ball in the back of the net. I can see lots of blocked shots. Madrid are expected to win, and Lyon will probably be forced to play on the counter a bit.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Real Madrid - Olimpique Lyonnais
Selection Over 3
Strength 10/10
Date 10/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.89 (Back)
Reasoning Considering 0-1 from the first leg, i predict a spectacular 2nd leg at Santiago Bernabeu. Lyon are aware that they wont stand a chance if they decide to sit back and defend their advantage, their counter attack is very dangerous and from what we saw this season Real's defense is voulnerable. Anyway, i expect many goals tonight on both games.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Manchester United - AC Milan
Selection Over 2,5
Strength 10/10
Date 10/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.82 (Back)
Reasoning I doubt United will try to defend their advantage from the first leg, and on the other side, Milan has to push for a win. Great offensive options on both sides should deliver the goods, especially if United scores early goal, in that case Milan will definetly leave some space for United's Rooney, Berba, Nani... I dont expect an easy job for United but they should qualify, my call is another 3-2 win for them. GL.

Re: Champions League 10th of March Bless Bordeaux and Besiktas - 1-0 both up at HT - just put myself into a win-to-win situation on the in-play, and invested the small profit in Lisandro Lopez Anytime GS @ 3,75. The price is tempting and I do not believe Guti and Marcelo are shorter. With Lyon likely to play one man forward and on the break, I took a small chance...It is a different year and opponent, but this type of games is exactly what suited Lopez best in his Porto days. GL

Re: Champions League 10th of March Man Utd v Milan Lay 9 or less corners @ 2.62 Betfair. Always fancied this bet before regardless of odds and the line ups as i can't see anything other than this game being end to end tonight. Plenty of width on show with Nani and Valencia starting for utd and Abate and Ronaldinho for Milan. After seeing the line ups though i'm amazed the odds have not drifted, but my guess would be that they rise with a minute or so to go before Ko. ;) Definite Value on the Lay here imo and i think we will easily see the corner count reaching, double figures with both teams getting their fare share.

Re: Champions League 10th of March Rooney is on fire :loon But i blame Leonardo - dickhead...was surprised with starting 11 from Milan.Also all rumours about Pato being fit. Whatever you say but English clubs are much stronger and better then Italians. All we need now is Chelsea to finish off the "special one" :)

Are you guys seriously thinking of backing Milan? I no they have to go for it but Man U ain't gonna be defeated i can guarantee that the very least Milan would get a draw. Milan will attack but that shouldnt cause Vidic and Ferdinand to much problems, also there Defence is ageing and will be in real trouble when caught on the counter by Rooney, Valencia an co. Alex Ferguson has said hes not gonna sit back, he will go for it from the start, so i see United finishing this tie early, and chances should fall Rooney way so will take him to score just like i did the 1st leg. Real Madrid can't afford any slip ups a win is a must, Hence the reason the bookies have price them up at them odds Man Utd 7/10 & Real 1/3 Doubles Paddy Power Man Utd HT/FT 7/4 Coral Man Utd -1 15/8 Hills Rooney 1st goal 7/2 Betfred Rooney Anytime Evens Coral
Bravo :clap I wish i would follow that :loon

...Hate to say it as I can see many here are going big for Real' date=' but I have this little itch tonight will be a bad night for all [b']Real Lovers. Who cares though, if the posts above about Real -1,5 AH are right, that is almost an Over completed...
I am happy for Lyon, but I need that third...If Real were more focused, the Over would have been a done Deal before HT...:@

Going to try the corner handicap again tonight. Real Madrid - 3 Corner Handicap @ 1.9 - PaddyPower. Madrid beat a -3 corner handicap quite comfortably at home against Zurich and Milan. One of which they lost. The pressure to score is all on Madrid here, and I can see lots of attacking football from them, but when the pressure is on things don't always go your way, and the ball has a tendancy to not go in the net. Simple reasoning, but pressurised teams can often do a lot, BUT put the ball in the back of the net. I can see lots of blocked shots. Madrid are expected to win, and Lyon will probably be forced to play on the counter a bit.
Corners 9 - 2. Bet won :ok Regarding Milan. Yet again, another TOP European club completely disappoints at the highest level. Last night, Porto, tonight Milan. I still maintain that Italian football is not as poor as some seem to think. It's clearly a mentality thing where they're concerned.

Are you guys seriously thinking of backing Milan? I no they have to go for it but Man U ain't gonna be defeated i can guarantee that the very least Milan would get a draw. Milan will attack but that shouldnt cause Vidic and Ferdinand to much problems, also there Defence is ageing and will be in real trouble when caught on the counter by Rooney, Valencia an co. Alex Ferguson has said hes not gonna sit back, he will go for it from the start, so i see United finishing this tie early, and chances should fall Rooney way so will take him to score just like i did the 1st leg. Real Madrid can't afford any slip ups a win is a must, Hence the reason the bookies have price them up at them odds Man Utd 7/10 & Real 1/3 Doubles Paddy Power :@ After all Man U Hard work, Real stop me from having a champions league clean slate Man Utd HT/FT 7/4 Coral :nana thought will score early Man Utd -1 15/8 Hills :dude Rooney 1st goal 7/2 Betfred :beer Rooney Anytime Evens Coral :clap Worked for me in the 1st leg
Guaranteed Man u won't lose. Angry With Real cos it woz a shitty price but anyways very profitable day :cash

lisandro jus missed a big chance:eek to secure your overs
Saw it, plus Delgado missing another one...At least Man Utd are good, small loss, but somehow it feels good to see the humiliation of Real - 6 years now they can't go through this round, and Mr. Perez just wasted Euro 250,000 000 of summer buys...Gallacticos, my arse - Universal Losers :ok

Bless Bordeaux and Besiktas - 1-0 both up at HT - just put myself into a win-to-win situation on the in-play, and invested the small profit in Lisandro Lopez Anytime GS @ 3,75. The price is tempting and I do not believe Guti and Marcelo are shorter. With Lyon likely to play one man forward and on the break, I took a small chance...It is a different year and opponent, but this type of games is exactly what suited Lopez best in his Porto days. GL
Really unlucky there nicko, he should have burried that chance in injury time. Then again Real could have four or five themselves quite easily.