** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League 10th of March

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 10th of March wow mate , i was just looking at the odds and i dont advise to do what you said . You will still need the house cause its still winter now :tongue2 . 1.30 for a home win is just not whort it . You'd have to put some big money to get something out of this and there are ways and ways for Real to not win this . Imo Lyon to score.. or for that matter both to score at 1.90 bet365 would be just it . Real is shaky at the back in recent times and Lyon for sure will change the tactics this time . They just cant come here with the tought to defend... cause its Bernabeu , Higuain and Ronaldo ant they will be netted fast . They have rested Lisandro Lopez the former Porto goal-getter and they will have some good chances to score here . I do believe that this would be more than half of their tactics - to try to score a goal , cause then they can take 2 from Real and still qualify !

Re: Champions League 10th of March

wow mate , i was just looking at the odds and i dont advise to do what you said . You will still need the house cause its still winter now :tongue2 . 1.30 for a home win is just not whort it . You'd have to put some big money to get something out of this and there are ways and ways for Real to not win this . Imo Lyon to score.. or for that matter both to score at 1.90 bet365 would be just it . Real is shaky at the back in recent times and Lyon for sure will change the tactics this time . They just cant come here with the tought to defend... cause its Bernabeu , Higuain and Ronaldo ant they will be netted fast . They have rested Lisandro Lopez the former Porto goal-getter and they will have some good chances to score here . I do believe that this would be more than half of their tactics - to try to score a goal , cause then they can take 2 from Real and still qualify !
Lopez was playing mate,he came as sub as mighty Lyon could not even beat half injured Bologne,when Real came back against Sevilla after 2-0 down.At the moment Real looks even better then Barca to be honest. I just don't see anything else then Real's win bud.Don't think Lyon will score,i see Real pressing from start and pushing for 2-3 goals here.

Re: Champions League 10th of March but it still doesnt whort it . Dont want to jinx it for you but... kipit real mate ;) . Odds of 1.30 are a disaster to bet on . Still think the best bet would be both teams to score . Real with their first team was getting 2 goals from wobbly Sevillia yesterday... and they have all the chances to be netted by Lyon also . Tho.. good look with what you chose to bet on .

but it still doesnt whort it . Dont want to jinx it for you but... kipit real mate ;) . Odds of 1.30 are a disaster to bet on . Still think the best bet would be both teams to score . Real with their first team was getting 2 goals from wobbly Sevillia yesterday... and they have all the chances to be netted by Lyon also . Tho.. good look with what you chose to bet on .
I know what you mean mate but i usualy do doubles,trebles and four-folds. So Real and Arsenal double looks ok.May take Real on handicap :tongue2 Remember Benfica where 1.3 in Europa as well,i had XL bet on them-easy money that was :dude.I know about value and etc. but it all depends how much can you bet on.If you place 1K on Real you'll get 300 profit but if someone places tenner then yes,i agree 1.3 is sh*t price. I like when adrenaline pumping in my veins.Last time i nearly had heart attack - that was Bayern v Fiorentina,could not even sleep then :lol But thanks for advice anyway :cheers Hope we all win :ok P.S> i really hate that money throwing smiley :rollin

Man United @ 1.70? :eek I'm assuming that the bookies don't realise Italian football has been crap for several years now?
...which did not stop them from winning the last World Cup, unless that doesn't count :D But agree Man Utd are almost as high enough as taking them with high stakes:ok

Re: Champions League 10th of March The Madrid odds are simply crazy IMO. United are definitely backable at 7/10 I think. Would have priced them around 1.6-1.7 so it's a good price. Can Milan cope with an intense 90 minute match.....they fell away badly at home last time and got overrun for a period second half. Milan need to play the grafters in midfield...like Flamini. Pato having a scan today to see whether he plays....that could be a boost....Huntelaar played in his position at the weekend......:puke

...which did not stop them from winning the last World Cup, unless that doesn't count :D But agree Man Utd are almost as high enough as taking them with high stakes:ok
With every respect, mate, no, it doesn't count at all. That was four years ago, in which time Italian football has gotten worse and worse. It showed in the first game between these two, as after Ferguson b*llocked his defense and they woke up and started taking the game seriously, the match was a cake walk.

With every respect' date=' mate, no, it doesn't count at all. That was four years ago, in which time Italian football has gotten worse and worse. It showed in the first game between these two, as after Ferguson b*llocked his defense and they woke up and started taking the game seriously, the match was a cake walk.[/quote'] With all due respect as well, the Italian Club Football did not get worse, it is EPL growing bigger and faster, as an institution, options, management, money - hence - quality...With all respect though, if today I have to stake on who would go further in the next World Cup, and regardless of the draw-luck after the Group Stage - England or Italy - I would give a slight edge to the Italians, with half a dozen Finals since 1970, won a couple too...just to make them the second-most successfull world country after Brasil...I wish Capello had an extra 18 months to prepare... Anyway, this is CL and I agree Manchester are a good option :ok GL

With every respect' date=' mate, no, it doesn't count at all. That was four years ago, in which time Italian football has gotten worse and worse. It showed in the first game between these two, as after Ferguson b*llocked his defense and they woke up and started taking the game seriously, the match was a cake walk.[/quote'] :eyes My understanding of Milan is that they are a little aging and lacking in pace in defence. Still a top league with top top players. It's very subjective to suggest anything about the league they play in, and irrelevant when discussing the possible outcomes of this fixture.

I like when adrenaline pumping in my veins.
With all due respect, with the betting style you describe and that approach, be sure to have more than your fair share of adrenaline pumping out of betting... ;)

Man United @ 1.70? :eek I'm assuming that the bookies don't realise Italian football has been crap for several years now?
While I agree Italian football isn't a patch on English football at the minute, I think the price reflects the fact Utd don't have to win the game. If Rooney is out that will look a poor price, as we saw at the weekend.

With every respect' date=' mate, no, it doesn't count at all. That was four years ago, in which time Italian football has gotten worse and worse. It showed in the first game between these two, as after Ferguson b*llocked his defense and they woke up and started taking the game seriously, the match was a cake walk.[/quote'] Serie A has improved since then, that was a low point where Juve were sent down, and you had teams like Udinese, Chievo and Lazio making the CL. The league is more balanced now and deeper than it was 3-4 years ago. Unfortunately the best Serie A teams have had to face the best of the EPL the past few seasons early in the KO phase. I wouldn't say the struggles of Serie A teams is due to being a worse league just EPL has grown and Serie A teams haven't been able to matchup with the pace of the EPL. As for this match, the low odds on Man U are due to the fact they could probably lose by 1 and still advance. Milan were the better team at the San Siro outside of a 20 minute dominant spell by Man U. Dinho is still capable of some magic and Milan have been here before. Since Milan need goals and I don't see them keeping a clean sheet Over 2.5 looks good to me. Leonardo should be thinking that his team needs 3 goals, because I don't think they can acheive a 2-0 win.

With all due respect' date=' with the betting style you describe and that approach, be sure to have more than your fair share of adrenaline pumping out of betting... ;)[/quote'] No problemo mate :ok I know it's crazy but this is how it works for me :lol Everyone has his own path and his own way of thinking or going mad :tongue2

:eyes My understanding of Milan is that they are a little aging and lacking in pace in defence. Still a top league with top top players. It's very subjective to suggest anything about the league they play in' date=' and irrelevant when discussing the possible outcomes of this fixture.[/quote'] I think it's only subjective to someone who doesn't know the league too intimately. I'd be surprised if you didn't, as I can't imagine there's a league going that you don't bet on.

I think it's only subjective to someone who doesn't know the league too intimately. I'd be surprised if you didn't' date=' as I can't imagine there's a league going that you don't bet on.[/quote'] By subjective, I mean it's a matter of opinion. For ten people you can find that think the Serie A is "shit", you can find another ten that think it's the best league in the world.

Re: Champions League 10th of March Man Utd -0.5 1. Milan are more desparate for a win here. So it rests on United whether they play defensive or finish it off. I personally think United will take Milan apart as they did in the San Siro and put them out of their misery. If United loose this game it will be the upset game of the season. Madrid -0.5/-1 2. Real Madrid should come out hard. They were pathetic in creating chances away simply because Lyon played great defensivley and pressured them. But Madrid are a different breed at home and they got momentum on their side.

Man Utd -0.5 1. Milan are more desparate for a win here. So it rests on United whether they play defensive or finish it off. I personally think United will take Milan apart as they did in the San Siro and put them out of their misery. If United loose this game it will be the upset game of the season.
United can lose and still qualify. Unless they lose 3-4 or by more than 2 goals, which is very unlikely. So, I guess this might end in a draw.

Re: Champions League 10th of March I'm all over Milan at 6 here. United can lose this and still progress, 1.7 is a mental price for a team that can lose and still qualify. Milan made mugs out of Madrid at similar prices and theres no reason to think united are better than real Madrid this year. Don't get me wrong united should go through here but 6's are massive for the away side in the 90 minute Market.

Re: Champions League 10th of March I not touching Madrid again. Xabi Alonso is suspended, this is a key loss for Madrid since he is such a consistent player and adds balance to the midfield in which they have been missing for years now. basically i can see this 'curse' of not getting past the last 16 contining. I can see Lyon scoring at least once which should be enough. I don't care about the weekends result, Sevilla were pathetic after they went 2-0 up and if my memory serves me well, didn't Real thrash Betis 6-1 before their game with Liverpool last year? As for United they should go through :)

Re: Champions League 10th of March I have been doing rather well backing the over/under goals recently an im going to go for the under 2.5 goals in the Madrid game at 5/4 with skybet, my first instinct was too go with madrid to rack up a cricket score but after looking at lyons recent form they simply dont concede goals, they havnt conceded in their last 6 and only leaked 4 in their last 10. I understand they havn't played the quality of madrid week in week out but the defence have got to be full of confidence. I would much rather take a chance on this at 5/4 rather than lumping on madrid at 30/100!

By subjective' date=' I mean it's a matter of opinion. For ten people you can find that think the Serie A is "shit", you can find another ten that think it's the best league in the world.[/quote'] Its not though, its just facts that the English league is better just now which is why the English teams now have such a great record against Italian teams. Liverpool this season have been the exception to the rule because they have been dire and are on a downward spiral.

Re: Champions League 10th of March I see Overs in both games on Wednesday. With Real we got a Home Team in need to score at least 2 to go through, i.e. hosts need to go forward, and they got plenty of world-class firepower to do so. Would Real sit back and wait for ET or a rare mistake by Lyon's defense, if they go up 1-0 before 60th minute? I doubt it, it is not in Real's nature and it is too risky, as their experience vs AC Milan in the Groups showed...Lyon is reasonably steady at the back, but their attacking options are just as dangerous for this kind of game...Draw @ HT is priced well @ 2,87 and it doesn't deserve much attention, but Lyon to score first @ 4,00 is big...As much as I hate Real I think they will win this one, but keeping a clean sheet will be one of their best achievements so far this season...Above all though, we are discussing Real Madrid, who never won vs Lyon in CL on several games. Mahno probably likes the adrenaline pumping through his body for odds of 1,30 for HW, but Batyushka, this isn't Benfica vs almost relegated Hertha... In Manchester the situation also favours the Over - an Italian Team with good attacking options, in need to score 2 or more to qualify. They scored 3 in Madrid when needed, they are no strangers to Old Trafford or any other big place in Europe. As much as I hate mentioning the domestic Leagues in the CL Thread, even in Italy this Season AC are rather Overish Team, with ageing defenders. Favalli coming in as a sub in the first leg was an obvious mistake, but with no alternatives...And then we got Man Utd - with or without Rooney, with Berbatov, Valencia and Nani having excessive skills for the slow Italian defenders, mixed with either some of the Old Guard or the Young Guns, at Old Trafford - to me this is a goal-promise. With Rooney - even better! I see some posters above are looking for better odds and hitting the Under - I can understand that, because those opinions are just as good as mine ( or just as bad ). But I will not understand posts saying ''United don't have to win...'' - that is an obvious fact, but no United player goes out for a draw at this level - the good result from the first leg give them extra-safety, and hopefully more space to attack... Overs for me in both games, medium stakes, bet365... GL

Re: Champions League 10th of March Real Madrid v Lyon Real Madrid to qualify @ 1.62 (Betfred) The first leg wasn't the greatest of games in all fairness, Real Madrid had a lot of possession but never really created much going forward whereas Lyon had a number of chances and really should have took more than just a 1-0 lead into this leg. Real Madrid will go into this game after coming from behind to win in La Liga at the weekend. Think they'll be to strong for Lyon at the Santiago Bernabeu here and I'll take Madrid to turn over the 1-0 defecit and progress through to the next round.

Re: Champions League 10th of March Yea these are all pretty rubbish fixtures to bet on and pretty easy for bookies to sew up so as its impossible to win anything resembling a profit . If i were pushed maybe Arsenal to Qualify and Madrid-1 but even the combined odds on that are awfull. I would bet on Man Ujd but i know how defensivly minded Eergie gets in Europe and they were awful against Wolves sat and odds are sad Plenty of decent prem and champ'ship to bet on tue/wed instead

Re: Champions League 10th of March I have a pretty large position on Madrid to qualify, so will do nothing in that game. United vs Milan ? United @ 1.69 is the same price as when they were at home to Arsenal in the league at the end of last season. Are AC better or worse than Arsenal ?

I have a pretty large position on Madrid to qualify, so will do nothing in that game. United vs Milan ? United @ 1.69 is the same price as when they were at home to Arsenal in the league at the end of last season. Are AC better or worse than Arsenal ?
You cant compare a one off league game with the second leg of a knockout competition, where the home team can draw or lose 1-0 and 2-1 and still qualify for the next round.