** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Champions League 10th of March

Re: Champions League 10th of March Some breaking team news. Milan face an anxious final few hours in the build up to the Champions League showdown against ManchesterUnited as Alessandro Nesta is in doubt with a meniscus problem. Sky Sport Italia claim a new problem has come to light in the past few hours and Milan are now waiting to find out further if their man can play. Despite the concerns, the feeling from Old Trafford is that Nesta will have to bite his lip and play on regardless. Milan are likely to confirm this just before kick-off at 20:45CET tonight. A further problem to Luca Antonini means Leonardo will have to use Daniele Bonera, a central defender out on the left - a position he is unfamiliar with. There is no improvement for Alexandre Pato. He won't even be on the bench as he watches this one from the stands.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 10th of March

Sport Football (Euro Cups) Event Real Madrid with Lyon Selection Real Madrid -1,5 Strength 10/10 Date 10/03/2010 Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 1.91 (Back) Reasoning Real Madrid lost in France with 0-1 and tonight they must recover this handicap.On Santiago Bernabeu is a great atmosphere,especially as the hosts are the same chances at title in Primera as Barcelona.Champions League is another objective for Real and certainly they will win here.Real is much higher than Lyon,haiving a strong attack,with Ronaldo,Higuain or Benzema.Few teams can resist in front of hosts,Milan winning here in October 2009.For to avoid overtimes,Real must win at 2 goals difference and I think this is a realistic objective.Will be hard for guests to score tonight,so the final result can be 2-0 or maybe 3-1.Certainly,Real will qualify in next stage.
you cannot say Certainly Real will qualify...your living in cookoo land. Madrid have to go for it lets say Lyon score first on the break. Then Real will have to score 3 !! I can see a RED CARD in this game I can also see a PENALTY to REAL MADRID in this game but you cannot say its a certainty that Madrid will qualify thats just ridicolous. im also going to have €10 1st goal to be scored by a free kick @ 16/1

Re: Champions League 10th of March I think, one value bet is : Lyon not to score at 2.05. Lyon will play defense and it will be difficult to score. Also one more value bet is Real Madrid with asian handicap -1. For the other match in Manchester i bet at Goal/Goal. Visit our site www.betarades.gr to see more

Event Real Madrid - Lyon
Selection over 4.5 (Asian Handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 10/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 4.50 (Back)
Reasoning I think this match can have a lot of goals. Both teams have loads of attacking power and Real Madrid are in need of goals. If Lyon scores (and I have a feeling they will - the coach affirmed they must) then it will be up to Real to come out and attack like crazy. There will be a lot of spaces and I think in these conditions a lot of goals can be scored. Lyon know they can qualify with 2-1 3-2. but Real will continue to put pressure at such scores because they lost 1-0 in the first match. I think the match will be started offensively from the first minute and I can see Lyon scoring 2 goals, just like Sevilla. Real Madrid doesn't impress me this year. They are just the usual load of talent with absolutely no perspective and they are not a team. They're just a sum of individualities. They have the power to produce a lot of opportunities and score, but they will no play as a team too soon. Lyon are in full power aside from Bastos.

Event Man Utd - AC Milan
Selection AC Milan
Strength 10/10
Date 10/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price 10bet @ 4.93 (Back)
Reasoning I don't understand why are Man Utd favorites for this match when they didn't prove anything special in the first match and they are poor in recent direct meetings with Milan. They can lose 2-1 in this match and they are still qualified. And I honestly can see Milan taking the initiative and attacking. And Italian teams generally win against English teams. I have the first match as a unit to measure the 2 teams performances and I think that Milan were better.

I think, one value bet is : Lyon not to score at 2.05. Lyon will play defense and it will be difficult to score. Also one more value bet is Real Madrid with asian handicap -1. For the other match in Manchester i bet at Goal/Goal. Visit our site www.betarades.gr to see more
how come know one on here likes value bets ? I'm the guy on betfair who gets 3000/1 accums multiple bets up were i put 20cent wins on them etc ! all on football

Milans 2 goals were lucky! the 1st was a horrendous mistake from evrs then a deflection off evans, and there 2nd came after rapheal went walk about and los the ball in MF, if brown or nevilla at RB that night hey dont get the 2nd goal Man utd were comfortable for 90 mins and never once came out of 2nd gear
your obvious a man u fan then !

I'm talking about individually, trust me I know I watch them week in week out and am a season ticket holder and will be there tonight COME ON YOU REDS!!!
So do i. No coincidence the defence has been so shabby without 'em playing as a unit is it?

Milans 2 goals were lucky! the 1st was a horrendous mistake from evrs then a deflection off evans, and there 2nd came after rapheal went walk about and los the ball in MF, if brown or nevilla at RB that night hey dont get the 2nd goal Man utd were comfortable for 90 mins and never once came out of 2nd gear
There were some nervy moments with Huntelaar and Antonini missing several chances for Milan to go up 2-0 and if they were a little more clinical it could've been 3-0 before the luckiest goal of the season was scored by Scholes.

Re: Champions League 10th of March Real/Lyon Under 3 I just don't see Lyon scoring at the Bernabeau. They would be wise to attack and try to get the away goal forcing Real to score 3, but I just see this being a cagey affair. Real have played well defensivel at home despite conceding 2 to Villareal and Sevilla respectively. But both of those teams play a wide open game, and sevilla were fortunate with 1 goal, they were shut down after that. I expect a 2-0 win for Madrid but could see ET as well. If Lyon score than this game could go over 4 goals but I will take the under 3 with the idea that Real will have to do this on their own and they will score at most a 3-0 win.

Milans 2 goals were lucky!
Even if what you are saying is true, how does it help for the arguments here? Fact is Evans was shaky during most of the game, and Milan would have been blind and crippled not to score. Lucky or not, they could have scored more in the first and the last 20 minutes of the game... I have staked high enough on the Over, and I am also willing to back Manchester United, but at slightly higher odds. The starting 11 will help, with no goal in the first 20 mins Man Utd will be above 2,00 on the in-play. THAT I will take! With a Goal scored in the first 20 mins will just stick to my Over, no matter who scores first. Could that be AC Milan? Why not - a free kick from Pirlo, a long range from Seedorf, a weird and frustrating one from Inzaghi, a bit of magic from Dinho. Lucky or not it will make the Over very probable... Blackcrow had a good point above about the Under in Madrid, but again I will stick to my Over - what happened last night makes me optimistic. Hate to say it as I can see many here are going big for Real, but I have this little itch tonight will be a bad night for all Real lovers. Who cares though, if the posts above about Real -1,5 AH are right, that is almost an Over completed... GL

Despite scandalous officiating in the first leg, was buoyant for Bayern in the return leg. Unbeaten in 18, and with 7 wins and 3 draws in last 10 CL matches, the club is on a roll.... But, with Dermichilis missing and Contento out also, whispers of playing a midfielder at centre back does'nt thrill. Talks of 17 yr old Alaba filling in for his CL debut. Will be on Felipe anytime card @ 3.50, if selected to fill in for Gobbi and Ribery starts. A central defender by rights, he'll be out of his depth, and has 5 yellows in 9 games in serle a. Deffo had a play of Van bommel @ 2.90. My ratings had him down as 2.50, so happy enough with the odds. Has history in these latter stage games, and was carded in the ist leg for clattering Montolivo. retribution hopefully tonight. The over 50 bookings also worth a stab @ 2.15. Saver on exactly 5 @ 6.5. The first leg hit 75, and the Italians rightly feel aggrieved at how the match panned out in Germany. Und' Mallenco dishes them out for fun in La Liga (6 reds in 9 games), but we all know they're a law unto themselves in that league. However, he can produce if it's merited, and i still remember him giving 10 yellows in an under 20's match a year or two ago.
felipe :nana and van bommel :cash On to tonight. Still weighing up corner options. The Reds -1 tempts. Won't be here to post later cos i'll be at the game but, will be on Neville card @ 4.25 ONLY IF he starts. Pretty sure Rafael will be in, after being rested at wolves, but his 7/5 price does'nt excite. Keeping tabs on Bonero also, following andy's post. ;) if he starts, he could another like Felipe last night, and struggle on this stage.Has only played in 5 serle a games and has 2 cards. Will be up against valencia and his 7/5 would be enough to get involved. Fletcher first card @ 16/1 decent enough.

dont believe fergie and dont start guaranteeing something when you can have no possible idea about the psychological effect that the previous game will induce via the chemical reaction that will be going on in the man uniteds players brains we are dealing with animals after all
:rollinChemical reaction in man u players brains and dealing with Animals. I'm far from being a Man U Fan, I won't garantee a win but i can garantee they won't lose

Dont know how you work that out' date=' both have been woeful all season. man utds defence is avge at best[/quote'] Average!! When has Vidic and Ferdinand had a proper run together this season. Also Man at old tradford in the Prem hav kept 6 cleans sheets in a row. Woeful u said but somehow top of the league. hmm.....

:rollinChemical reaction in man u players brains and dealing with Animals. I'm far from being a Man U Fan, I won't garantee a win but i can garantee they won't lose
oh ok then. i take it your unaware of how our bodies work then,

Re: Champions League 10th of March Manchester v Milan - Milan / 5.00 / bet365 Oke , that's it ! My intuition is punching me in the stomach and strangles me to take Milan to win this game and that shall i do . The odds are simply wrong here and you could see that from a mile away , that United are cut off from the real price they should be for this fixture . In my book 1.90-2.00 should be just it , because this game could easily finish in a draw and that means that United arent as clear favorites as they are priced by the bookies - at odds on . Not considering the total potential of the teams were United could beat Milan 7 days out of 10, if they play on a normal day at Old Traford.. but the tactics involved in this clash . Regardless of what Ferguson declared that they are not good at keeping the leads and will play offensively , he is a smart felow and he knows that they dont have to win it to qualify and thus his tactics will be much alternated than in a normal day ! Obviously the best bet would be a lay of United , but for some one who hunts bigger fishes this would be it . The draw wouldnt help Milan to much cause they need to score 2 goals and not conceide any... or score 3 and conceide one or two and still possible to qualify . It's as simple as that . The terrain would be uphill for Milan and downhill for Manchester and in this conditions i see a perfect-match between that unimpressive defence of Ferguson and that some stars attack of Leonardo ! So i stress again , for who wants to play it safe just lay United @1.70/betfair... or take Milan to score first @2.70/bet365 , and you'll have your easy money . Real v Lyon - draw / 6.20 / betfair I'll start my reasoning by saying this... hahaha , hahaha :rollin 1.30 for Real ?!!! If i really learned something from betting from my early days here it is ; its a fkucing bookies mirage to allure as much money as they can on the basis of a teams name "Barca , Chelsea , Manchester , Inter , Milan , Real , etc"... and with the automatic presumption of - they must win this one ! Of course Real really must win this one and the odds could appear justified for some peopple but its another kind of game for their visitors also . Lyon arent just some bottom table mugs who travel at a tittle contender field and will just accept their faith . They are a good organized team who will play one to one with Real -so called the best team who ever existed at Bernabeu :lol . I remember seeing the highlits of the first game wonned by Lyon , after i had money on Madrid of course , and ive gave my self some mental slaps . How could i possibly bee so naive and bet just for their name when at the starting of the season the so called best team ever with Kaka , Ronaldo , Benzema , Higuain and co. have proved to be a loud fiasco ! No way Lyon deserve so much disrespect or even true to say... Real deserves so much respect , to be priced at 1.30 for the win . They are really wobbling in defence and Lyons counters could easily - but easily score once or two with Lopez infount . He is a fierce animal infrount of goal and the fact that Lyon are underdogs here and will have to play on counter , couldnt suit him more better ! My final advice would be -dont bet your house on Real . But even better take both teams to score@1.85/bwin or Lyon [email protected]/bet365 to make something from this game . .... Just to share something interesting/bad i've discovered at my self recently : I've surprise my self coming here and reading the forum - before macking my own decisions about a bet ! - and then get caught in other peoples line of thought , making their decisions mine and clouding my judgement :eek. Ass i read in this forum i've noticed that this is happening with the majority here and this can have only bad outcomes . To give a friendly advice , id say its really better to post up your own decision first and then read the forum :lol to see what other peoples think . Really... will help you more and will help improving also the general discution on the forum !

.... Just to share something interesting/bad i've discovered at my self recently : I've surprise my self coming here and reading the forum - before macking my own decisions about a bet ! - and then get caught in other peoples line of thought , making their decisions mine and clouding my judgement :eek. Ass i read in this forum i've noticed that this is happening with the majority here and this can have only bad outcomes . To give a friendly advice , id say its really better to post up your own decision first and then read the forum :lol to see what other peoples think . Really... will help you more and will help improving also the general discution on the forum !
Wise words :)

Re: Champions League 10th of March My first post, my name's Mike for future reference, so hi! :D Reasonably new to all this (and must stress I haven't won anything yet but all my bets have been optimistic £1 and £2 accumulators lol), but have been following lots of advice and lurking the forum searching for tips etc...great site to begin with! :) Going to give the HT/FT a bash tonight on both the CL games, based on form and players...what's the safest way of playing them both as a Double? Thinking HT:AC/FT:Man Utd and HT:Real/FT:Real. Thoughts?

Re: Champions League 10th of March GL Bearr with you analysis. But I still think you have to take into consideration that both Lyon and Milan struggled to score against weaker sides on the weekend. Madrid have immense pressure to qualify as the CL final is in the Bernabeu and they have been struggling to show true form to their fans. Real are a different animal at home, they were out played by Lyon in France but still managed to hold them to 1-0. Real has a history of coming back from away games to destroy the opposition in a goalfest. The only advantage Lyon have IMO is that they can score 1 or 2 away goals which would pressure Real to score 3 to 4 goals to win. Man United dismantled Milan away from home, so what's stopping them from destroying them at Old Trafford... the fact that Milan needs to win? I don't think Ferguson is that dimwitted to simply let Milan score on his team. He might play defensive, but like he did against Arsenal he'll have a counter strategy to shock Milan.

Sport Football (Euro Cups)
Event Real Madrid v Lyon
Selection Real Madrid to qualify
Strength 10/10
Date 10/03/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.58 (Back)
Reasoning Really like Real to qualify tonight. Already seen how big home advantage is in this competition. Real have the capacity to score a few and this could be similar to the Arsenal game last night. Not sure about Lyon, not as strong as in previous years and despite the advantage they have it's Real to qualify for me tonight.

Where is this?
It holds the nets up. middle of the field at the back and front of the pitch :D One bet for me tonight and that's overs in the Man utd game, it is not like Milan need to score 1, they need 2 and for that you have to attack from the start of the game. Cannot see man utd not scoring or being defensive, so this could be very open.

Re: Champions League 10th of March Looks like Nesta, Antonini and probably Pato will all be out for Milan. Nesta is massive and is the glue to that backline. Antonini played well in the 1st leg and Milan paid dearly when he was subbed off early due to injury, as Favalli couldn't contain the Man U players on the outside.

GL Bearr with you analysis. But I still think you have to take into consideration that both Lyon and Milan struggled to score against weaker sides on the weekend. Madrid have immense pressure to qualify as the CL final is in the Bernabeu and they have been struggling to show true form to their fans. Real are a different animal at home, they were out played by Lyon in France but still managed to hold them to 1-0. Real has a history of coming back from away games to destroy the opposition in a goalfest. The only advantage Lyon have IMO is that they can score 1 or 2 away goals which would pressure Real to score 3 to 4 goals to win. Man United dismantled Milan away from home, so what's stopping them from destroying them at Old Trafford... the fact that Milan needs to win? I don't think Ferguson is that dimwitted to simply let Milan score on his team. He might play defensive, but like he did against Arsenal he'll have a counter strategy to shock Milan.
The fact is that i see Lyon with better oportunities in this game than in the first one :eek cause they are the dogs here ! and they could score once or twice on the counter . Its just a real fact that Real havent a cimented defence - far from it and could be very dangerous for them trying to score from the first minute of the game . If you saw the Fiorentina's approach last night were they also needed to win but they didnt rush on the germans gate to score for the first minute but play in a decent rithm , reading the adversary first . That almost put in danger Bayerns tactics , who were displayed for a socking the presure and counter game . We all know that with Real will be diferent... they would go for the first minute for the goal and that will leave some good spaces for Lyons counter ! With Manchester , yeah the score says it all but the fact that Scholes goal was the luckiest i've seen for ages :lol and if that wouldnt come in Milan would be another team . They were just cut off from their momentum then... and they were also having amazing scoring chances in the final 10 minutes of the game - at which the United defence doesnt looked at all in control . Milan has and old defence but one thing for sure will have better today... and thats Abiatti in place of Dida... which is a massive transformation , him playing also in the derby with Roma and helpted Milan keeping a clean sheet there ! The single most important fact IMO is that the odds are wrong today , United being just too short in a game which they can lose and still qualify . Its a straight logical mistake if you take United to win today at odds of 1.70 ! The determination and the aspected outcome should prime in this game.. which is a second leg - not the first meeting , and not the capabilities of team A or B ; and anyway both have great weapons ! The fact is that i percive Milan uphill and United downhill for this game and thus the price for Milan straight win is just a must take , 5 ? yes sir :dude But at the end of the day keep in mind that i am not Nostradamus and just because ive nailed the Fiorentina game doesnt mean that il be spot on in tonights games also . They are just allot of factors involved and it depends were you focus your mind on . Have your own shot , if you feel different and not cloud your judgement with my own ! ;)

GL Bearr with you analysis. But I still think you have to take into consideration that both Lyon and Milan struggled to score against weaker sides on the weekend. Madrid have immense pressure to qualify as the CL final is in the Bernabeu and they have been struggling to show true form to their fans. Real are a different animal at home, they were out played by Lyon in France but still managed to hold them to 1-0. Real has a history of coming back from away games to destroy the opposition in a goalfest. The only advantage Lyon have IMO is that they can score 1 or 2 away goals which would pressure Real to score 3 to 4 goals to win. Man United dismantled Milan away from home, so what's stopping them from destroying them at Old Trafford... the fact that Milan needs to win? I don't think Ferguson is that dimwitted to simply let Milan score on his team. He might play defensive, but like he did against Arsenal he'll have a counter strategy to shock Milan.
I wish you would stop saying this, its plain wrong. Milan put up a very decent effort in Italy and could have been 2-0, 3-0 up before Manchester United got a lucky equaliser.