Champions League Wed 17 February

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February I have already placed large bet on Bayern few weeks ago but with better odds.Bayern look nailed here.They are really in good form after beating Juve in CL match.With Roben and Ribery back they are big force.I think they will want to finish this afair in 1st leg so will try to score as more as possible. Fiorentina looks like an average team lately(1 win,1 draw in last 6 matches). Bayern all the way for me with possible handicap :ok

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Totally agree Mahno, this is the one that jumped out on me aswell, although not a high price it is one that should bring profit. Like you said, Bayern finally started to click and really kicked on after that Juventus game, Undefeated in 15 bundesliga matches now and amazingly have scored at least 2 goals in each of their last 9 league matches, scoring 3 or more in 7 off the last 9 and come into this game on the back of scoring 3 or more in each off their last 5 matches. There is a determination about this Bayern squad and with players like Ribery, Robben, Gomez and Olic they will always make the chances. Robben is on excellent form and could be the key to this match, he has now scored 6 goals in his last 7 matches. Van Gaal knows the importance in taking a lead over to Italy for the second leg. These two sides met in last seasons group stages, Bayern came through in Germany with a 3-0 vicory. Fiorentina are not an inform side at all, 3 wins out of a possible 11, and 4 defeats out of 5 in Seria A. Fiorentina will also be without central defender Alessandro Gamberini as he dislocated his shoulder against Sampdoria yesterday. Bayern Munich @ 1.62 (StanJames) 10 Pts.

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February

Value has gone. Bayern are now 1.58 on Betfair. Yeah they are favs, just wish I'd got on sooner. Will leave this alone sadly
Just back them at halftime, Bayern with a small tendency to play arrogant in first half and give their best in second. Bayern 0:0 Mainz HT Bayern 1:2 Fürth HT Bayern 1:1 Dortmund HT Bayern 3:0 Mainz FT Bayern 6:2 Fürth FT Bayern 3:1 Dortmund FT ;)

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Arsenal came through a relatively easy group and I feel they will have to be on their game here to take something back to the emirites. Arsenal have been missing their strikers for a little while now and believe eduardo, bendter maybe near starts, with fabergas and arshavin top scorers at present. Arshavin could be out for this one with hamstring. Arsenal I think will try and play this game a little tighter than normal. Porto have an excellent record at home, unbeaten and taking 26 points from a possible 30. Porto I feel will take the game more to Arsenal throughout the match, as I feel they must realize Arsenal have had some hard games recently and need to take a result back to the emirates. PORTO WIN 2.8 3/10 PORTO H/T PORTO F/T 5.10 2/10

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Bayern is in amazing form and they have won their last 10 games, and Fiorentina is in a very bad form and they failed to score in their last 3 games. So I don't see Bayern having trouble beating Fiorentina, and even doing so by more than 1 goal. Bayern -1 @ 2.60 (3 pts.)

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Arsenal makes mistakes in the back as we saw against Chelsea.They can't keep their sheet just 'closed' for opponents as we have seen for example Inter.If they decide they just can't receive a goal.Porto are at home and are decent team that attacks well - second scoring balance in Portugal 38 after extraterrestrials Benfica 52.Arsenal are great forward and if they concede they will score.So Both teams to score 1.90 Bet365 seems nice.Any opinions?

Arsenal came through a relatively easy group and I feel they will have to be on their game here to take something back to the emirites. Arsenal have been missing their strikers for a little while now and believe eduardo, bendter maybe near starts, with fabergas and arshavin top scorers at present. Arshavin could be out for this one with hamstring. Arsenal I think will try and play this game a little tighter than normal. Porto have an excellent record at home, unbeaten and taking 26 points from a possible 30. Porto I feel will take the game more to Arsenal throughout the match, as I feel they must realize Arsenal have had some hard games recently and need to take a result back to the emirates. PORTO WIN 2.8 3/10 PORTO H/T PORTO F/T 5.10 2/10
Good luck with this one. Porto are traditionally strong at home but have been a little average by their own high standards this season because they've lost quality players in the summer that they've not yet replaced either due to a quality mismatch or not having the time to adjust. I watched them at Leixoes at weekend and although their general play was quite good, their play in the final third was poor. They had a couple of good chances that were squandered and they frankly looked short of confidence and innovation. With or without strikers, Arsenal score goals so I'd be tempted to back them to sneak an away win here.

Value has gone. Bayern are now 1.58 on Betfair. Yeah they are favs, just wish I'd got on sooner. Will leave this alone sadly
So just take a slightly smaller profit than you would of if you'd of gotten on earlier? :unsure Agree with the other posters here, Bayern look a good bet. The best bet since Fulham to beat Notts Co :)

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February I generally agree with Mozzi's comments - though I may also add that Porto have at times been able to play quite well, including in recent weeks. But they were disappointing at Leixões and what troubles me is that I can't really understand why it was so. I haven't really followed Arsenal very closely this season but one thing I always get the impression is that Wenger is slightly underappreciative of opposition like Porto which could play a bit in Porto's favour. I'm not betting on this match, I'd rather see it live. IMO Arsenal are overall favourites because of their strength in London. Porto have enough quality to beat them, and the odds probably still underestimate Porto a bit, but I just can't trust my team at the moment. No bet, though I still favour Porto at home. FYI Hulk will be back for this match, not necessarily in the starting line-up. He's been out of competition since December due to a discipline inquiry that is taking ages.

Arshavin's out for the game against Porto. I don't really fancy them away without him.
FYI Hulk will be back for this match, not necessarily in the starting line-up. He's been out of competition since December due to a discipline inquiry that is taking ages.
thanks for the informations, i wonder how this will end. On one hand Arsenal without persie, arshavin and having a really hard time out of an easy group where they were surprised by the attack of Standard de liege (leading 2-0 after 15min) and the return of Hulk who might be hungry for goals. Really im lost.:beer

FYI Hulk will be back for this match' date= not necessarily in the starting line-up. He's been out of competition since December due to a discipline inquiry that is taking ages.
Made up my mind whether or not Porto can do this. Hulk(3 CL goals) is a very impressive player in my eyes, very quick, has a rocket shot like Riise, as aggressive as Mascherano(his latest act of stupidity in the tunnel reminds me of Masch as well), and his name does not deceive he has super strength :loon extremely hard to oush off the ball. Gave Chelsea's best defenders a problem the entire game last time they met in the CL. Falcao(3 CL goals) and Varela have both had a good season thus far with 14 and 8 goals in their domestic league respectively, while their other main threat Cristian Rodriguez has not been getting on the score sheet a whole lot but has the quality to do so. Also, I believe it will be the first time these potent attackers will play against Arsenal and I know for defenders this puts them at a disadvantage because they have no previous knowledge of their style of play Bruno Alves(1 gol in the CL, 3 domestic league) is one tough cookie:wall, He has no yellow cards accumulated so far and will not be worried about getting one so I expect him not to hold back any or go soft on me. I hope no one on Arsenal get seriously injured :spank. Plus he is a serious threat when it comes to set pieces, you do not want him taking the free kick or getting on the end of one. A sweet shot and good aerial power. ~FC Porto - Arsenal - FC Porto 2.76 Betfair 6pts ~Anytime goalscorer Bruno Alves - 9/1 3pts PP ~Cesc to score and Bruno Alves to be booked - 11/1 7pts :ok PP ~Hulk to score & Rolando to be booked - 11/1 2pts PP they all looked promising to me so I couldnt help myself with small stakes since I got lucky with good returns last weekend :nana let the luck roll onto the week baby :hope

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February hey guys, first of all, good luck to all of you with you're bets. I played the next 2 bets: Porto - Arsenal : BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE. (simply because both teams have enough firepower up front) Bayern - Fiorentina : FIORENTINA NOT TO SCORE. (tell me who will score for fiorentina without their superstar junky MUTU?) Now I would love some feedback on these 2 bets, to hear your opinions. Cheers.

Cristian Rodriguez has not been getting on the score sheet a whole lot but has the quality to do so.
Rodriguez is out injured, as is Ernesto Farías who has often scored for Porto as a substitute. Portuguese newspapers today report that Jesualdo should field Hulk in the starting line-up. It could be something like: Helton Fucile, B. Alves, Rolando, A. Pereira Fernando, R. Meireles, R. Micael Varela, Falcao and Hulk

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Really difficult to tell how we'll set up tommorow, I expect we'll line up like this. Fabianski Sagna - Campbell - Vermaelen - Clichy Nasri - Denilson - Fabregas - Diaby - Rosicky Bendtner That's a decent team and there's a good balance in the midfield, although we will miss Song in the hole. Having Bendtner back is a massive boost as he gives us an extra option up front, and although his finishing has been rusty since his return, he's looked dangerous in the final third and given us some needed penetration up top. I don't think we'll miss Arshavin that much, he's not been in great form recently anyway and Nasri and Rosicky are both world class players capable of causing trouble to any team. The one thing I do worry about is a lack of pace, but I don't think it will be a very open game anyway with both teams crowding the midfield. It's a tough game to call, I think we'll dominate but I'm sure Porto will get plenty of chances. I've hardly seen any Porto games at all this season so not sure how they're performing, but I know from previous occasions that they can be very dangerous and will always create chances. Not sure if I'll bet on this one, and if I do I'll probably wait to see how we play in the first 10 minutes or so. We'll have the likes of Walcott, Vela, Eboue and Ramsey on the bench who could cause problems late on. I may be tempted by Fabregas first scorer @ 9/1 as I think he wants this tournament more than anything. The 33/1 on Campbell first scorer looks temptying aswell just for old times sake ;)

Really difficult to tell how we'll set up tommorow, I expect we'll line up like this. Fabianski Sagna - Campbell - Vermaelen - Clichy Nasri - Denilson - Fabregas - Diaby - Rosicky Bendtner That's a decent team and there's a good balance in the midfield, although we will miss Song in the hole. Having Bendtner back is a massive boost as he gives us an extra option up front, and although his finishing has been rusty since his return, he's looked dangerous in the final third and given us some needed penetration up top. I don't think we'll miss Arshavin that much, he's not been in great form recently anyway and Nasri and Rosicky are both world class players capable of causing trouble to any team. The one thing I do worry about is a lack of pace, but I don't think it will be a very open game anyway with both teams crowding the midfield. It's a tough game to call, I think we'll dominate but I'm sure Porto will get plenty of chances. I've hardly seen any Porto games at all this season so not sure how they're performing, but I know from previous occasions that they can be very dangerous and will always create chances. Not sure if I'll bet on this one, and if I do I'll probably wait to see how we play in the first 10 minutes or so. We'll have the likes of Walcott, Vela, Eboue and Ramsey on the bench who could cause problems late on. I may be tempted by Fabregas first scorer @ 9/1 as I think he wants this tournament more than anything. The 33/1 on Campbell first scorer looks temptying aswell just for old times sake ;)
Are you serious, that's a decent Arsenal team with good balance??? Campbell will obviously be off the pace and will surely have some problems dealing with the tricky Porto attackers, All he can do is win headers. And Clichy also has been out of form recently constantly getting caught out. And where are you going with Bendtner? He is not near good enough for the champions league, rarely gets on the scoring sheet! Your entitled to your opinion but i simply think the Arsenal team is poor and Cesc (is obviously world class) hasn't played well against the big teams this year! I'll be backing Porto tonight, there's no way i can see Arsenal winning but they could play for a draw. Nevertheless my bet is a Porto win, 6/4 5points!:ok

Are you serious' date=' that's a decent Arsenal team with good balance???[/quote'] Yes? Thats a solid midfield, full of good passers who will rarely give away the ball and will be willing to work hard to win it back. My only worry is how Denilson will perform as he's looked poor recently, but I have faith in him if he does his job correctly. Up front Bendtner provides the height and strength to hold up the ball for the midfield, whilst Cesc will have the license to roam the pitch and pick up the ball where he can.

Yes? Thats a solid midfield, full of good passers who will rarely give away the ball and will be willing to work hard to win it back. My only worry is how Denilson will perform as he's looked poor recently, but I have faith in him if he does his job correctly. Up front Bendtner provides the height and strength to hold up the ball for the midfield, whilst Cesc will have the license to roam the pitch and pick up the ball where he can. Why will Campbell obviously be off the pace? He was one of our only decent players against Stoke and he's been training with us for around 6 months. We have more than enough pace in defence. He's only just turned 22, so he's gaining experience all the time. He's made 19 starts in the Champions League and scored 9 times, not that bad? I agree he still has a lot of work to do to improve his game, and to prove he can be prolific but I think you're being harsh on him. He gives us a focal point up top which is important as well, we've missed that without Van Persie. Fair enough mate, you're opinion :ok As I said I don't think it's a game to bet on, I think Porto (scr) on the corner handicap may be a decent bet at 10/11 but apart from that I think I'll leave it alone. If we go any higher than 2/1 then i may be tempted.
Ok Campbell was one of your best players against Stoke! Didn't ye lose 3-1, come on, it's Stoke City!!! Arsenal lack a cutting edge recently and that was even when Arshavin was playing. Without him i don't give ye much hope. I could be wrong as Arsenal often blow hot and cold, losing to weak teams one week and totalling dominating games the next! Looking at the predicted lineups i would have to back Porto. :clap

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Bayern Munich -1 (EH) @ 2.40 centrebet Both teams come into this game with contrasting form as Bayern have not lost in their last 12 games while Fiorentina have not won in their last 6 games. With Ribery back for them, now he and Robben can attack frim both flanks, and with Klose expected to return, these two can set him up with some good service. Their game should be further aided as Fiorentina are missing Gamberini who is injured. With Bayern having scored 20 goals in their last 6 games since the winter break, hard to see Fiorentina being able to withstand this onslaught at the Allianz Arena.

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Porto v Arsenal - 2.50 / bet365 I am for Porto my self , with a medium-high degree of confidence , tough i could of caught better odds previously in the week for them . Like we all know the Champions League isnt comparable with the internal championship games and most likely the slightly underated teams are going to raise their game level for this important clash . The fact that Porto isnt turing at full speed in their league doesnt put me of this bet , cause i know they will give more than a 100 procent for this game . They have the Champions League experience nedeed to do so and above that , they are aware that going in England and secure the qualification there will be a though proposition... so this will be the best chance they've got ! They are pretty good at home and with Hulk in the team i believe in their chances tonight , against an Arsenal team with a few important missings amongs the regulars . The games with Manchester and Chelsea showed that Arsenal arent unbreakable at all , but quite the opposite... they have a few large holls in their play and composure . Opposing them tonight will be a fair deal , i say . Bayern v Fiorentina - over 4 / 5.00 / bet365 I cant really see a tangible value on the 1X2 market for this game but i quite like the goals options . Bayern are in a fantastic form and their low odds are for merit in this one... whille Fiorentina is sinking like a distress ship lately . Still , this is Champions League and anything could happen so isnt really whort the efort to suport a large h'cap on Bayern to squeeze some value on your bet . But , instead , one could see the rate that Fiorentina receives loosing 4-and a half out of their last 5 games... and the rate at Bayern scores winning the last 9 games :eek . This game screams goals goals in our faces ! Its obviouse that Bayern will score at least 3 times looking at the lousy defence that "viola" has and the 5 stars attack that is coming to life at Bayern , but its also very visible that they will also conceide cause Fiorentina must outscore them , to be able to take something out of this game . A very open game with lots of goals , is my punt on this one :ok

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Despite being big on München already (early price at 1.78) I will have a few interesting small bets running for tonight. HT/FT - Draw/Bayern 1/10 @4.8 HT/FT - Florenz/Bayern 1/10 @30 Reasoning as I said. Bayern is starting a bit unconcentrate and the machine's Ribery, Robben, Schweinsteiger, Bommel, Müller and Gomez need some time to find the right balance for their combinations. Another sweet bet (on -bet365) is Bayern to win after Florenz lead. I will stake another 1/10 on this at 7.5 for the same reason as above. Bayern doing quite a high number of individual mistakes in defense with the likes of Demicheles at the moment. And finally last bet will be: Bayern to score 3 or more goals 2/10 @3 (bet365) Individual class in offense is just amazing - I see Bayern being able to score average three goals against most of clubs in this form. Will enjoy it today :dude

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Porto vs. Arsenal There are a lot of diverging opinions on this match tonight. Upon thinking about this fixture there was only one outcome that struck my mind, a draw. Porto are a very good home side regardless of who they are playing, and have been over a long time. Arsenal at the moment have some players missing e.g. Arshavin, Eduardo and co. The attackers will be a loss, but I wouldn't have thought them being available would change too much as I think Arsene would have played a 4-5-1, and Bendtner is probably the best choice for lone striker. Where Arsenal will excel in this match is in Midfield. They will be able to pass the ball around for fun tonight. If fabregas gets close as possible to Bendtner then they could cause a few problems, but on the whole I don't think Arsenal will terrorise Porto tonight. Porto themselves from what I remember like playing fairly direct with the 3 up front. All dangerous players in their own right, but not at the level which will have Arsenal too worried. With only having 3 in midfield they will have to work very hard to compete with Arsenal in that area. At the end of the day, I don't think Arsenal can win this match with the team they have and I don't think Porto will have enough to put Arsenal away. Draw - 3.35 - 3 units.

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February I'll never make good predictions for CL ,but for today's games i pick: Bayern to win 1,45 @ bet365 Porto to win 2,4@ bet365 Bayern is in top form ,i think Gomez will score 2 goals. Arsenal is without couple of players ,Fabregas has one yellow card .Overall i think Porto go trough the quarterfinals.

He's only just turned 22, so he's gaining experience all the time. He's made 19 starts in the Champions League and scored 9 times, not that bad? I agree he still has a lot of work to do to improve his game, and to prove he can be prolific but I think you're being harsh on him.
Where did you pull this stat from, 9 goals in 19 champions league starts???