Champions League Wed 17 February

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February

Finaly bookies got punished tonight :nana Don't know about you guys but i took sh*t loads from them :).Don't even know if i will bet this weekend :dude
I no how you feel i had a cracking day two :cheers no sure if im gonna go mad on Europa league tommorow. Might jus bet on Liverpool to win to nil

Mate, that's a livescore service. Every other site says it was an O.G. When they look at it again, they will confirm that it was an own goal because the ball was going towards the goalkeeper and changed direction when Fabianski touched it into the net. BET365 have already marked it as an O.G. hmmmmm, perhaps I will argue :unsure
Uefa credits Varela which is what matters. :dude The only way a goal can be counted an own goal is if the deflected shot otherwise would not have been on goal or would have missed, in which this case it does not apply with Varela's goal. This is how they determin if it is an own goal or not. So even if they review it, which they will, they will not change it since the ball would have gone in despite Fabianski knocking it in. Just because there is a deflection from the opposing team does not automatically make it an own goal :ok

Anyone know what's up with Betfair? My winnings still haven't shown up in my account. Only the second time I've ever used the site' date=' so is this a common occurence?[/quote'] Probably just a busy night I guess....I wouldn't worry at all about your money with Betfair...it's no skin off their nose....

Probably just a busy night I guess....I wouldn't worry at all about your money with Betfair...it's no skin off their nose....
With the apparent horrendous refereeing in the Bayern game, and the Arsenal ref's eagerness to see Porto take that free-kick for the second goal, was just abit worried about my bets standing :tongue2

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February OMG Fabianski :loon:rollin - but then again , thats why the odds havent favor the Arsenal side... bookies and punters put that on their calculus when taking Porto to win :ok,:dude :rollinBookies must be all gutted for those two mistakes who made the favorites win tonight , referee and the goalkeper . Now they know how we fell when it happens :lol

OMG Fabianski :loon:rollin - but then again , thats why the odds havent favor the Arsenal side... bookies and punters put that on their calculus when taking Porto to win :ok,:dude :rollinBookies must be all gutted for those two mistakes who made the favorites win tonight , referee and the goalkeper . Now they know how we fell when it happens :lol
:ok:lol:drums

Afternoon Gents, Think I'll have a wee bet on tonights match between Porto V Arsenal.. Porto V Arsenal - Porto win @ 2.4 (Betfair) Like the look of this bet given how many players the Gunners have out and with the return of 'The Hulk' to the Porto sqaud. Porto sit third in the Portugese Liga Sagres at the moment, 9 points off league leaders Benfica but have a game in hand. Although domestic form is not entirely relevant to European games, I still think it's worth noting, especially wqhen the home side has a domestic home record of 8-2-0, scoring 23 and conceding 8. This Porto side, as has been mentioned in previous posts, has a different look to that of a few years ago, they seem to sell their stars and create new ones, it almost seems like a footballer factory at times at this club with the comings and goings. However the team they have available for tonights tie are capable of playing at this level as has been proven with their qualification to this round. Arsenal come into this tie with a depleted squad, I feel they will be happy to take the tie back to the Emirates with the scores level, I feel they have the ability to score tonight, but with Campbell and Fabianski at the back, not to mention Clichy's recent poor for, I feel the will be suspectable to the fast nature of the Portugese attack and they will concede. All in all I can see and Porto win, but perhaps with Arsenal scoring, could be a score of 2-1. Porto win for me @ 2.4 (Betfair) :ok:ok Good Luck everyone :hope:hope
:beer:beer

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February Here I take picture of moment when Robben was already made a shoot, and you can clearly see that IN THAT MOMENT Klose wasn't in offside. Now, is there any reason, after Fray boxed the ball and Olic give header to Klose, that referee can let play go :unsure:unsure I'm just curious, although I won some greaaaaaaat money because of HW :cow 21mg3mu.jpg

Here I take picture of moment when Robben was already made a shoot, and you can clearly see that IN THAT MOMENT Klose wasn't in offside. Now, is there any reason, after Fray boxed the ball and Olic give header to Klose, that referee can let play go :unsure:unsure I'm just curious, although I won some greaaaaaaat money because of HW :cow
I read somewhere, that first shot of Robben was considered only... someone said that rule excist in past. Dont know what this is about tough, never heared of that before and for me it was offside :lol

Re: Champions League Wed 17 February In sum, the four CL matches this week leave qualification open, I think, in at least three of the four pairs. I don't see Milan being able to do it. Their defense is a joke and they really can only manage a high tempo match for about 60 odd minutes. Above all the 2-3 result makes it difficult. Real, of course, has the quality to overcome the 1-0 result. Fiorentina looked suprisingly competitive and lost as a result of an iffy 2nd goal. Arsenal certainly has the chance to qualify. They probably shouldn't have lost. Two (!!) goalkeeper errors cost them dearly. Porto really couldn't keep pace with Arsenal and this was with the visitors having important missing players. Porto had to result in playing the match in a very physical way to stop Arsenal as is indicated by the 20 fouls for Porto and 11 for Arsenal. Just some thoughts.....

In sum, the four CL matches this week leave qualification open, I think, in at least three of the four pairs. I don't see Milan being able to do it. Their defense is a joke and they really can only manage a high tempo match for about 60 odd minutes. Above all the 2-3 result makes it difficult. Real, of course, has the quality to overcome the 1-0 result. Fiorentina looked suprisingly competitive and lost as a result of an iffy 2nd goal. Arsenal certainly has the chance to qualify. They probably shouldn't have lost. Two (!!) goalkeeper errors cost them dearly. Porto really couldn't keep pace with Arsenal and this was with the visitors having important missing players. Porto had to result in playing the match in a very physical way to stop Arsenal as is indicated by the 20 fouls for Porto and 11 for Arsenal. Just some thoughts.....
How do you come up with this? Porto were with out a doubt the more threatening team in the match. Varela and Hulk did an amazing job out on the flanks, they used Clichy and Sagna like little toys before tearing their way down the wings. Although, they could have shown better finishing since they had quite a few good chances to do so. Porto did not have to result to playing physical, it is part of their game. Plus Arsenal didnt have any end product or final pass for Porto to worry about stopping, their only goal came from a set piece and the next closest thing to a goal came from Bendtner off a set piece. but yes Arsenal do have a chance to qualify and its not a long shot either. Their away goal may be crucial because it can easily be 1-0 at the Emirates

Totally agree Mahno, this is the one that jumped out on me aswell, although not a high price it is one that should bring profit. Like you said, Bayern finally started to click and really kicked on after that Juventus game, Undefeated in 15 bundesliga matches now and amazingly have scored at least 2 goals in each of their last 9 league matches, scoring 3 or more in 7 off the last 9 and come into this game on the back of scoring 3 or more in each off their last 5 matches. There is a determination about this Bayern squad and with players like Ribery, Robben, Gomez and Olic they will always make the chances. Robben is on excellent form and could be the key to this match, he has now scored 6 goals in his last 7 matches. Van Gaal knows the importance in taking a lead over to Italy for the second leg. These two sides met in last seasons group stages, Bayern came through in Germany with a 3-0 vicory. Fiorentina are not an inform side at all, 3 wins out of a possible 11, and 4 defeats out of 5 in Seria A. Fiorentina will also be without central defender Alessandro Gamberini as he dislocated his shoulder against Sampdoria yesterday. Bayern Munich @ 1.62 (StanJames):ok 10 Pts.
Very lucky with the offside winner.

Sorry but did you saw the match? Bayern did even dominate the home match which ended 0:0. They just could not convert the tactic approach of Van Gaal on pitch perfectly. Means what? They had a lot of ball possession but could not create good chances. And status quo since Juventus away win? Yes still ball possession, plus bunch of goal chances and goals. Ribery and Robben on wings. Good luck anyway - it is CL and true we can never know ;)
I think we all watch a close match Zico. 2 goals from bayern, one is from penalty and one is from offside. Ball possession is not enough for winning a match. under 2.5. was really a good call. but over 2.5 was very lucky