1. 1.

• Hell Yeah....Count me In.
    • No Thanks

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Exclusive - Betfair League - Starts Monday 15th February

Unless all the money went in when you were a 100% lock to win the hand' date=' you must have lost SOME Sklansky bucks![/quote'] Didn't I win Sklansky Bucks on the hand if I had positive ev? :unsure (and I lose sklansky bucks when I have negative ev) Here's the HH: ***** Betfair Poker Hand History for Game 660086770 ***** NL Texas Hold'em $4.50 Buy-in + $0.50 Entry Fee, Level:3 Blinds(25/50-(no ante)) - Monday, March 01, 20:36:53 GMT 2010 Punterslounge $5 buy in tournament #348353 Table 2 9-max (Real Money) Seat 6 is the button Total number of active players : 7 Seat 1: Rebelfig ( 1,700 ) Seat 2: avongirl ( 1,662.50 ) Seat 3: RIVEREDZZZZ ( 6,520.75 ) Seat 6: morlspin ( 2,458.75 ) Seat 7: dilijokee ( 1,695 ) Seat 8: Fonzie14111 ( 1,278 ) Seat 9: Telepe ( 2,370 ) Tourney Level:3 Blinds(25/50-(no ante)) dilijokee posts small blind [25] Fonzie14111 posts big blind [50] ** Dealing down cards ** Dealt to Telepe [ :7h:, :7d: ] Telepe raises to [120] Rebelfig calls [120] avongirl folds RIVEREDZZZZ folds morlspin folds dilijokee folds Fonzie14111 folds ** Dealing Flop ** [ :Qh:, :8h:, :2d: ] Telepe checks Rebelfig bets [150] Telepe calls [150] ** Dealing Turn ** [ :7c: ] Telepe checks Rebelfig bets [200] Telepe raises to [722] Rebelfig goes all-in Rebelfig raises to [1,430] Telepe calls [708] ** Showdown ** Rebelfig shows [ :Kd:, :Ks: ] Telepe shows [ :7h:, :7d: ] ** Dealing River ** [ 9d ] ** Hand Conclusion ** Telepe wins 3,475 from main pot with three of a kind, Sevens ************ Game 660086770 ends ************

Can someone point me to the thread that explains wtf you're talking about. :$ :lol
...when Sklansky talks about gaining and losing here, he's not talking about winning or losing the hand. He's talking about theoretical gains and losses. If you draw to a gutshot in hold'em without the proper odds, you sustain a loss even if you win the pot. You took the worst of it but got lucky.
If you induce the villain into making a mistake - drawing to a bigger hand etc, without the the correct pot odds, then even if you lose actual $ in that hand you are classed as gaining Sklansky $ nb. Sklanksy $ do NOT pay the mortgage! :lol

nb. Sklanksy $ do NOT pay the mortgage! :lol
A player winning Sklansky $, and losing real dollars in the short run is likely to win more money at poker in the long run than a player winning real dollars and losing sklansky bucks - so if you're talking a 25 year mortgage, then sklansky bucks will pay it ;)

Re: PL Exclusive - Betfair League - Starts Monday 15th February Well done on tonight's win Dave. :clap Another 2nd place from pistonbroke tonight puts him on top of the league, with one week to go. Bubble boy sits 2nd with last week's leader Chapman in 3rd. :ok There's no spoon for this league is there? ;)

Re: PL Exclusive - Betfair League - Starts Monday 15th February Final table is in Post 1. :ok Well done tonight Rebel, Chapmanand Guppie. :clap Looks like a few of the league contenders blew up with the pressure and it's Chapman who comes out of the pack to take the win, with Pistonbroke in 2nd. :clap:clap :cash

Final table is in Post 1. :ok Well done tonight Rebel, Chapmanand Guppie. :clap Looks like a few of the league contenders blew up with the pressure and it's Chapman who comes out of the pack to take the win, with Pistonbroke in 2nd. :clap:clap :cash
Don't forget the Spoon winner H :ok Now who of those who played at least 3 came lowest...