2010 Boxing Thread

superfoo

Re: Mosley - Mayweather

Was plannibg on doing some sort of write up but the long and short of it was Mayweather by Dec./TD 8/13 @ BOYLES. Be back with justification the way I personally see it.
Yep, probably the best value out there. I'll be having a nice double involving mayweather. Put it up later. Sick about that hide 4/7 foo. Spent all morning/day monitoring the prizefighter odds before i had to get to bristol, and sky were the only ones to front up early. I had him pegged at 4/9 tbh, so that 10/11 was generous to the extreme. Managed to get hide's 10/11 later on, in with a treble , as that bookie limits us now. Will post all plays later. good info from andy as usual :ok In the other half of the draw to herbie too. Will back a herbie/ dickinson final when prices appear.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Mayweather v Mosley Although I expect a Mayweather win I think 1/4 is way too short. Despite Floyds mini retirement both fighters have fought 6 times over the last 4 years. Shane holds kos over Margarito and Mayorga in his last 2. Nice to see on paper but Mayorga frustrated and agitated him giving him one hell of a fight. Ithink a little too much emphasis was put on the win over Margarito as he is the kind of walk forward fighter perfectly suited to him in my opinion plus the old how effective was he without the wraps arguement. People mention Mayweather facing a stiffer test but Mosley is larger in the market than his last 2 opponents by a couple of points. Mosley is a legend though and has to be feared though it should be noted that his losses came to skilled boxers in Wright, Forrest and Cotto . I cant see Mayweather knocking Mosley out as Mosleys chin seems solid enough take Mayweathers bolws and even if there was a wobble its unlikely Mayweather would plough in. In the end I think Mayweather is too good and should win by decision. Recommended bet 65 pts Mayweather bt Mosley by Dec/TD 8/13 Boyles

Re: Mosley - Mayweather

Yep, probably the best value out there. I'll be having a nice double involving mayweather. Put it up later. Sick about that hide 4/7 foo. Spent all morning/day monitoring the prizefighter odds before i had to get to bristol, and sky were the only ones to front up early. I had him pegged at 4/9 tbh, so that 10/11 was generous to the extreme. Managed to get hide's 10/11 later on, in with a treble , as that bookie limits us now. Will post all plays later. good info from andy as usual :ok In the other half of the draw to herbie too. Will back a herbie/ dickinson final when prices appear.
Was hoping maybe you hadnt staked previous and there was a chance of you spotting but a wins a win eh:loon

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread

Minto v Huck This is a serious long shot but I feel that Minto is seriously overpriced for this one. Huck will probably come out with short bursts of combos early doors as usual but if Minto can weather the early storm he may have a chance of coming into it later. Huck can look impressive and is a bit of golden boy in Germany but that shouldnt really effect the odds. Hucks best win was probably against Ramirez but in my eyes thats the only true, true test he has passed. Having said that Mintos best scalps arent the best but has come through as the underdog before but maybe not to this extent. Either way at 10s (as short as 6s) I think its worth a tickle. Recommended bet 2pts Minto bt Huck 10/1 @ Sporting Bet
Still think this is good value, not saying he will win but hes no 10/1 dog, going to double stakes as still available. Amother value punt that I think is a distinct possibility is the over 8.5 at 5/4 - only 6/5 over 9.5 with all other firms and I think even if Minto cant win ,I think it could take Huck a while to wear down his heavier opponent who was only ever stopped by Arreola in his career at the heavies. 10 pts Minto v Huck over 8.5 5/4 Sporting Bet

Sport Boxing
Event Hozumi Hasegawa – Fernando Montiel
Selection 1
Strength 8/10
Date 30/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.44 (Back)
Reasoning WBC Bantamweight – In a fight that many recognise that will give the 122-pound division a ‘lineal champion’, Hozumi Hasegawa (28-2, 12 KO) defends his title for the eleventh time against Fernando Montiel (40-2-2, 30 KO) who’s had easy opposition in his last handful of fights. Hasegawa’s most impressive performance came against Alejandro Valdez, who he blasted out in two rounds. Montiel had to settle for a technical-draw with Valdez due to a cut above Montiel’s right eye despite looking to stop Valdez. For me, Hasegawa holds an advantage due to his quicker hands and hometown advantage. I hope Hozumi Hasegawa will win. Good luck!
Sport Boxing
Event Toshiaki Nishioka – Balweg Bangoyan
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 30/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.10 (Back)
Reasoning WBC Super Bantamweight – With Rendall Munroe lined-up to face the winner, British fight fans will have one eye on the fight in Japan between WBC super bantamweight titlist Toshiaki Nishioka (35-4-3, 22 KO) and relative unknown fighter Balweg Bangoyan (15-0, 6 KO) as the co-feature for Hozumi Hasegawa’s defence of his WBC bantamweight crown against Fernando Montiel. Bangoyan’s record is mostly fluff, but he could be a surprise package for Nishioka early on. But Nishioka’s experience in fights with Jhonny Gonzalez, Genaro Garcia and Ivan Hernandez will serve him well and stop Bangoyan in the middle rounds. I hope Toshiaki Nishioka will win. Good luck!
Sport Boxing
Event Takahiro Ao – Whyber Garcia
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 30/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.17 (Back)
Reasoning Featherweight – Former WBC 126-pound titlist Takahiro Ao (18-2-1, 8 KO) looks to get back into title contention with a victory over experienced journeyman Whyber Garcia (22-7, 15 KO) who has lost two of his last four fights by knockout. Takahiro Ao lost his belt to talented fighter Elio Rojas, who dominated the Japanese fighter over twelve rounds by winning a lop-sided unanimous decision. Whyber Garcia doesn’t have the style that Elio Rojas has, and I don’t see Garcia capturing victory. Garcia has been stopped by Edwin Valero, Roinet Caballero, Jorge Linares and Yuriorkis Gamboa, all much bigger punchers than Ao. I see the fight going the distance, with Takahiro Ao coming out on top to win a unanimous decision. I hope Takahiro Ao will win. Good luck!

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Agree with foo's Floyd/sugar shane write-up. Love him or hate him ( and i'm the latter, though i recognise greatness ) floyd is one of the sports all time great, defensive counter punchers. Mosley, himself destined for the hall of fame, will have his moments, but this is'nt a Margarito he's facing. He'll feel every one of his 38 years come the second stanza. The last time he faced a defensive master of similar quality, he was schooled, by Winky, and that was 6-7 ? years ago. An arrogant Mayweather to showcase his talents and taunt his way to at least 3 116-112's. DeGale v horton. The latter being served up by warren for the former olympian to feast on. Huge attendance and live TV will all appeal to the ego of Degale, to do a job on his overmatched opponent, especially after Groves impressive stoppage last time out. Horton was sparked by a domestic journeyman 3 fights back, and has also been decked by body shots since then. Won't last long this one. For the benefit of the thread have staked.. 10 pts DeGale 1-6 @ 1.80. Well done to those who got on at 1.72 also. 10 pts degale/horton under 8.5 @ 1/2. 10 pts double..Mayweather SU, degale U 8.5 @ 1.80. sportingbet. 3 pts Treble..degale under 8.5, Mayweather pts (1.55), hide ITD (10/11)@ 4.44 *. sportingbet.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread 0.50 pts Minto ITD @ 14/1 sportingbet. Worth a sheckle for such a game sod. Huck nowt special in the grander scheme of things, and the american will have a go, in a once in a lifetime opportunity. Weighing up the U in the De Ponce bout. Pegged at 6.5, which like angulo last week doe'snt leave room for error, but i reckon he'll banjo the fragile Locke at some stage.

Sport Boxing
Event Herbie Hide - Wayne Brooks
Selection Herbie Hide Inside The Distance
Strength 10/10
Date 30/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.91 (Back)
Reasoning Prizefighter Round 1 - Herbie Hide (48-4, 43 KO) is the favourite to win Prizefighter 'The Cruiserweights', and I think Hide will lay down the marker here with a stoppage victory over Wayne Brooks (5-2-2, 2 KO). The difference in opposition faced is too wide, and I think Hide will show his class here with a knockout win, as Brooks is a similar opponent to what he's been facing out in Germany. I hope Herbie Hide will win inside the distance. Good luck!
Sport Boxing
Event Jon-Lewis Dickinson - Leon Williams
Selection Jon-Lewis Dickinson by decision
Strength 10/10
Date 30/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.73 (Back)
Reasoning Prizefighter Round 1 - Jon-Lewis Dickinson (5-0, 0 KO) has an outside chance of winning the tournament in my opinion, and I think he'll get a good start by out-pointing Leon Williams (4-1, 2 KO). Dickinson has only lost one round in his professional career, and with an impressive amateur background, I think Dickinson will beat Williams. I hope Jon-Lewis Dickinson will win by decision. Good luck!

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread What a disappointment, Hide ended up going the distance... Stupid stupid clash of the heads... Shocker how he has gone from 1/12 to 1/5 now after he has got that cut from the clashing of their heads :( What an awesome performance by John Lewis Dickinson :D only took him one round to wrap the game up :)

Sport Boxing
Event Robert Guerrero - Roberto David Arrieta
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 30/04/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.06 (Back)
Reasoning Lightweight - Robert Guerrero (25-1-1, 17 KO) will fight for the first time since his wife Casey was diagnosed with terminal illness. He faces Roberto David Arrieta (35-15-4, 7 KO), who's there as a mere stepping stone for Guerrero as he looks to get himself back in world title contention. I hope Robert Guerrero will win. Good luck!

Sport Boxing
Event Marco Huck – Brian Minto
Selection Over 8.5 Total Rounds
Strength 10/10
Date 01/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.20 (Back)
Reasoning WBO Cruiserweight Title – Despite being pummelled in four rounds by Cristobal Arreola in December, Brian Minto (34-3, 21 KO) showed that he was durable as he took everything that Arreola threw at him for those four rounds on a thrilling HBO card. I think the bookmakers forgot that Arreola had a whopping 45 lbs weight advantage that night, and against Marco Huck (28-1, 21 KO), Minto will not be at such a big disadvantage. Since he was stopped by Steve Cunningham in the final round, Marco Huck has re-claimed his position as one of the best cruiserweights out there, and I think he’ll have enough to beat Minto, but I don’t think it will be as easy as the bookmakers suggest. I can see the fight going over 8.5 rounds, maybe even lasting the distance, with Huck successfully defending his WBO trinket. I hope this fight is over 8.5 total rounds. Good luck!
Sport Boxing
Event Hector David Saldivia – Said Ouali
Selection Hector David Saldivia
Strength 7/10
Date 02/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.33 (Back)
Reasoning Welterweight – Hector David Saldivia (33-1, 26 KO) has slowly climbed up the welterweight ranks and found himself as a fringe contender, without even stepping up in class or out of his backyard. He’s part of a recent rise in Argentine fighters at world level, headlined by middleweight champion Sergio Martinez and junior welterweight contender Marcos Maidana. Saldivia faces Said Ouali (26-3, 18 KO) on the PPV undercard of Mayweather – Mosley, who has faced slightly better competition. Two of his three defeats came to top 10 contenders Kermit Cintron and Selcuk Aydin, so Ouali has proved that he’s no joke. I think Saldivia has a slight advantage going into this fight, and I expect him to scrape through by decision. I hope Hector David Saldivia will win. Good luck!
Sport Boxing
Event Floyd Mayweather Jr. – Shane Mosley
Selection Floyd Mayweather Jr. by decision
Strength 10/10
Date 02/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.63 (Back)
Reasoning Welterweight – A pound-4-pound battle between five-weight world champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (40-0, 25 KO) and long-time rival Shane Mosley (46-5, 39 KO) in arguably Mayweather’s toughest fight to date. Mosley is coming off the back of a morale boosting stoppage victory over Antonio Margarito, which saw him get the long overdue respect that he deserves. But Margarito is completely different kettle of fish to Mayweather, and I think that Mayweather’s ring generalship will give him the advantage in the ring. Despite Mosley looking a revitalised fighter since trainer Naazim Richardson’s introduction to his corner, it’s hard to pick against Mayweather, ever. I hope Floyd Mayweather Jr. will win by decision. Good luck!
Sport Boxing
Event Saul Alvarez – Jose Miguel Cotto
Selection Saul Alvarez
Strength 10/10
Date 02/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.08 (Back)
Reasoning Welterweight – One of boxing’s finest talents gets the opportunity to show the world his repertoire on one of the biggest stages in the sport this year. Mexico’s undefeated sensation Saul Alvarez (31-0-1, 23 KO) faces the brother of Miguel Cotto, Jose Miguel Cotto (31-1-1, 23 KO) in a some sort of crossroads fight, as Alvarez continues to rise while Cotto continues to fall since his comprehensive defeat at the hands of future world champion Juan Diaz. I don’t think Jose Miguel Cotto is good enough to stay with Saul Alvarez for the course of the fight, and if he’s here to win, I doubt that he’ll last the distance as Alvarez will be able to carve open more opportunities. I hope Saul Alvarez will win. Good luck!

tipping 1.06' date=' is this a joke?[/quote'] Why not? There's no logic behind, "this price is too short, not worth the risk", when there is no risk. You can hardly complain if the bookies pay-up can you, no matter what price the winner is at. Since the middle of March, I'm +422 points, so if you don't like the theory of making money, I suggest you stick to whatever you do before criticizing other tipsters :ok...

Why not? There's no logic behind, "this price is too short, not worth the risk", when there is no risk. You can hardly complain if the bookies pay-up can you, no matter what price the winner is at. Since the middle of March, I'm +422 points, so if you don't like the theory of making money, I suggest you stick to whatever you do before criticizing other tipsters :ok...
agreed :D DafsT just wondering when you say full strength 10/10 how much are you staking? 10 points or does the amount you stake differ if for example the odds are lower like 1.06? Or do you increase the amt of points staked in order to maintain the amt of profit returned? Sorry, just wanted to clarify it, been wanting to do so for awhile now. Hope its not too much of a trouble. :ok

agreed :D DafsT just wondering when you say full strength 10/10 how much are you staking? 10 points or does the amount you stake differ if for example the odds are lower like 1.06? Or do you increase the amt of points staked in order to maintain the amt of profit returned? Sorry, just wanted to clarify it, been wanting to do so for awhile now. Hope its not too much of a trouble. :ok
On Sports-punter, 10 pts = Max Bet If your Max Bet is £50, every pt is worth £5. You should avoid the habit of going over your Max Bet if the odds are shorter, which I did yesterday because I placed 15 pts on it because Guerrero wasn't going to lose to a jorneyman. I rarely go over my Max Bet, but the reason I placed 15 pts on Guerrero was to cover my other boxing bets for the weekend, if they lost, my losses would be cut. Hope it helps :ok

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Great stuff from superfoo on dickinson.:drums Superb post from andy, as is the norm, too.:clap Pity about hide though. dafs..Guerrero has fought a few times since his wife's been ill. Last year ? I opposed him when, virtually a few weeks after she was diagnosed, he went ahead with a bout. Won by !st rd stoppage !

On Sports-punter, 10 pts = Max Bet If your Max Bet is £50, every pt is worth £5. You should avoid the habit of going over your Max Bet if the odds are shorter, which I did yesterday because I placed 15 pts on it because Guerrero wasn't going to lose to a jorneyman. I rarely go over my Max Bet, but the reason I placed 15 pts on Guerrero was to cover my other boxing bets for the weekend, if they lost, my losses would be cut. Hope it helps :ok
Yep it does :) Reason I asked was cos I rarely see you go under 10 pts or full strength on your bets, on the other hand they have been successful so I can't fault ya :ok Thanks once again for clearing this up:D

Great stuff from superfoo on dickinson.:drums Superb post from andy, as is the norm, too.:clap Pity about hide though. dafs..Guerrero has fought a few times since his wife's been ill. Last year ? I opposed him when, virtually a few weeks after she was diagnosed, he went ahead with a bout. Won by !st rd stoppage !
True, but not life-threatening illness, he had to pull out of the Katsidis fight because doctors thought his wife was close to death's door... But it looks like she's on the mend, as Guerrero is getting back into the square circle...

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Shane Mosley to beat Floyd Mayweather Jnr 5 points 4/1 sportingbet. I do expect Floyd to win this on points but I do think Mosleys price is slighty OTT so I'll take a small shot at it. Floyd hasnt fought at 147 in his last couple of fights and for the first time since his scrap with De La Hoya he will be going into the ring lighter than his opponent and he should have been beaten that night. I backed Mosley when he fought Margarito at a juicy price and I would almost feel guilty if I didnt back him tonight.

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Minto down in the fifth... Huck is just too fast and sharp for Minto, but the odds on this fight were ridiculous... Not a good sign for Minto, he sat on Huck's stool for around 3 seconds after the round before Huck's trainer pointed him into the correct direction... M Huck 10-8 M Huck 49-44

Re: 2010 Boxing Thread Mosley had his chance in Round, really had Floyd hurt, after that all Floyd and Mosley couldnt get near, real class performance. Anyone get the evens on PFB at the end of the 2nd with most of the firms?