Predict World Cup 2010 - Online Chart

Re: Predict World Cup 2010 - Online Chart I had an England Spain final with Spain winning 3-1 Also had the dutch in the semis Interesting match looks like spain against the runner up in the brazil / portugal group in the second round. for all the class of spain that could be a massive banna skin. Everyone appears to think the african teams will be shit

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Predict World Cup 2010 - Online Chart

Ended up with a Spain/Portugal final' date=' England losing in the semis to the Portuguese and then losing 3rd place playoff to the Argies. Looks about right to me![/quote'] Crisitiano fan i pressume. Portugal are diabolical! :loon You thought arsenal had problems with no strikers, just you wait until you see Portugal! They will be lucky to get out of their group with Iovry coast let alone get to the final!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Re: Predict World Cup 2010 - Online Chart Dont know what happened with my chart copy and paste, anyhow, got France to Beat Argentina 1-0 in the final, bet 365 give that 41/1, need to stick something on it now ! last time I bet Italy/Portugal @ 125/1, was a bloody whisker away, got a good run for my fiver though.

• 2 months later...

Re: Predict World Cup 2010 - Online Chart Well to return to this. The first round is almost complete. Based on a points system where: 2 pts = Correct position (Only qualifying sides, as can't see some complete tables) 1 pt = Correct qualifying team Paul Ross: 1 (Uruguay) + 2 (Argentina) + 1 (England) + 1 (Germany) + 2 (Holland) + 1 (Paraguay) = 6 pts ScottyXS: 1 (Mexico) + 2 (Argentina) + 2 (South Korea) + 1 (United States) + 1 (England) + 2 (Germany) + 2 (Holland) + 2 (Japan) + 1 (Paraguay) = 14 pts Jk: 2 (Mexico) + 1 (Argentina) + 1 (England) + 1 (Germany) + 2 (Holland) + 2 (Slovakia) = 9 pts pupsaa: 2 (Uruguay) + 1 (Argentina) + 1 (United States) + 1 (England) + 1 (Germany) + 2 (Holland) + 2 (Slovakia) = 10 pts elgoonerman: 2 (Uruguay) + 2 (Argentina) + 1 (England) + 2 (Germany) + 2 (Ghana) + 2 (Holland) + 2 (Paraguay) = 13 pts So leaderboard: ScottyXS- 14pts elgoonerman - 13pts pupsaa - 10pts Jk - 9pts Paul Ross - 6 pts Some stats: ScottyXS: Only person to correctly qualify South Korea as well as place them correctly. Only person to correctly qualify Japan as well as place them correctly. Jk: Only person to correctly place Mexico. elgoonerman: Only person to correctly qualify Ghana as well as place them correctly. Only person to correctly place Paraguay. Well I take a wee lead thanks to my asian selections paying off (100% :tongue2). But still all to play for at this early stage. For 2nd Stage, my initial idea is 2 point for correct outcome (i.e. win/lose/draw) and 3 points for correct score And increase the amounts accordingly depending on stage ie 3pts for outcome, 4pts for CS in QF 4pts for outcome, 5pts for CS in SF 5pts for outcome, 6pts for CS in final.

Re: Predict World Cup 2010 - Online Chart Well two of the teams I had in the semi's are already out :lol Had an absolute shocker in predicting France. If I did it a week before the competition started my predictions would have been a lot different.

Re: Predict World Cup 2010 - Online Chart At the end of the group games. Paul Ross: 6pts + 2 (Brazil) + 2 (Portugal) + 2 (Spain) + 2 (Chile) = 14pts ScottyXS: 14pts + 1 (Brazil) + 1 (Portugal) + 2 (Spain) + 2 (Chile) = 20pts Jk: 9pts + 2 (Brazil) + 2 (Spain) = 13pts pupsaa: 10pts + 2 (Brazil) + 2 (Portugal) + 2 (Spain) = 16pts elgoonerman: 13pts + 2 (Brazil) + 2 (Spain) + 2 (Chile) = 19pts End of round 1 ScottyXS- 20pts elgoonerman - 19pts pupsaa - 16pts Paul Ross - 14pts Jk - 13pts ***************************************** Start of Round of 16 Uruguay v South Korea Correct Score: N/A Uruguay to qualify: 3 points (pupsaa, elgoonerman) South Korea to be eliminated: 3 points (ScottyXS) ----- United States v Ghana Correct Score: N/A Ghana to qualify: 3 points (elgoonerman) United States to be eliminated: 3 points (ScottyXS, pupsaa) ------ Germany v England Correct Score: N/A Germany to qualify: 3 points (ScottyXS, elgoonerman) England to be eliminated: 3 points (elgoonerman) ------ Argentina v Mexico Correct Score: N/A Argentina to qualify: 3 points (Paul Ross, ScottyXS, elgoonerman) Mexico to be eliminated: N/A ------ Holland v Slovakia Correct Score: N/A Holland to qualify: 3 points (Paul Ross, ScottyXS, Jk, pupsaa, elgoonerman) Slovakia to be eliminated: 3 points (Jk, pupsaa) ----- So current leaderboard: elgoonerman - 37pts ScottyXS- 35pts pupsaa - 28pts Jk - 20pts Paul Ross - 19pts elgoonerman takes the lead as the end of the second round nears. He was the only one to correctly predict England being eliminated in the 2nd round, and Ghana to progress past. :clap Jk and pupsaa almost came right back into it coming within just 1 goal off predicting the correct score of the Holland v Slovakia game (both predicting 2-0). Good luck for the next games guys :hope

Re: Predict World Cup 2010 - Online Chart At the end of the Round of 16 Brazil v Chile Correct Score: N/A Brazil to qualify: 3 points (Paul Ross, ScottyXS, Jk, pupsaa, elgoonerman) Chile to be eliminated: 3 points (Paul Ross, ScottyXS, elgoonerman) ---- Paraguay v Japan Correct Score: N/A Paraguay to qualify: N/A Japan to be eliminated: 3 points (ScottyXS) ---- Spain v Portugal Correct Score: N/A Spain to qualify: 3 points (Paul Ross, Jk, pupsaa, elgoonerman) Portugal to be eliminated: 3 points (Paul Ross, pupsaa) ----- So current leaderboard: elgoonerman - 46pts ScottyXS- 44pts pupsaa - 37pts Paul Ross - 31pts Jk - 26pts elgoonerman remains top as the points for the next round increase to 4pts (for correct outcome) and 5pts (for correct score). Paul Ross picks up the pace a bit with those last few games- picking up 12 points.

Re: Predict World Cup 2010 - Online Chart Midway through the quarters Holland v Brazil Correct Score: 5 points pupsaa :clap :clap :clap Holland to qualify: 4 points (Paul Ross, ScottyXS, pupsaa) Brazil to be eliminated: 4 points (Paul Ross, pupsaa) ---- Uruguay v Ghana Correct Score: N/A Uruguay to qualify: N/A Ghana to be eliminated: N/A ----- So current leaderboard: pupsaa - 50pts ScottyXS- 48pts elgoonerman - 46pts Paul Ross - 39pts Jk - 26pts

Re: Predict World Cup 2010 - Online Chart End of the quarters Argentina v Germany Correct Score: N/A Germany to qualify: 4 points (ScottyXS) Argentina to be eliminated: 4 points (ScottyXS) ---- Paraguay v Spain Correct Score: N/A Spain to qualify: 4 points (Paul Ross, Jk, pupsaa, elgoonerman) Paraguay to be eliminated: N/A ----- So current leaderboard: ScottyXS- 56pts pupsaa - 54pts elgoonerman - 50pts Paul Ross - 43pts Jk - 30pts

Re: Predict World Cup 2010 - Online Chart End of the semi's and the competition doesn't have long left :cry Uruguay v Holland Correct Score: N/A Holland to qualify: 5 points (Paul Ross, ScottyXS, pupsaa) Uruguay to be eliminated: N/A ---- Germany v Spain Correct Score: N/A Spain to qualify: 5 points (Paul Ross, Jk, pupsaa, elgoonerman) Germany to be eliminated: 5 points (ScottyXS) ----- So current leaderboard: ScottyXS- 66pts pupsaa - 64pts elgoonerman - 55pts Paul Ross - 53pts Jk - 35pts