** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running)-FINISHED

billy the punter

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out) Nothing really happened in that tourn, pretty card dead (121/162). I'm not sure how many of you were logged on to know I was playing a day early. Really touched my the support I've had since I started these stakings. I realise it's a lot of money I was (and have been) asking for so I always try and give a little back where I can. I played the early one tonight as I had some time, if I cashed I was putting it towards the staking, if I lost it was going to be on me. Only thing to do considering many of you would not have realised I was playing and a few like to follow progress etc. I lost. :lol, but we're at 0 played. This is just FYI, the first stake from the funds is tomorrow (04/01/10). Will make up my mind what tourns tomorrow afternoon and post up the details etc. One more thing, to make things easy for people to follow the only tournaments I will be playing in this time will be the ones stated above. I may play the odd PLO cash game here and there but that will be totally seperate from this staking campaign. Fingers crossed for a nice return. :hope

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running) Cheers PG! :ok A decent start. Nice to be back on Betfair, I much prefer the software but the schedule is too poor to play on there solely - shame. As expected, the Monday PLO is value, shame it's only once a week.

Date

Site

Buy-in ($)

Game

Type

GTD

Runners

Position

Prize ($)

4th Jan

Betfair

PLO

F/O

Returns $325 ($3500 needed to break level) No need to keep a tally amounts staked for this campaign as it's all about definite tournaments. Left to play.... Betfair 5 x *HOT! Monday’s $5,000 GTD PLO, 5000 stacks, 10 minute levels - $55 buy-in This is my ideal tournament, PLO, deep stacks, slow blind levels. Shame it’s not a daily.

Cake $725 budget (adjusted see earlier post) for daily $1,500 GTD PLO re-buy - $5.50 buy-in (approx 25 tournaments) Have a massive ROI for this tourn. I have a 20% win strike-rate in this and a 40% cash strike-rate, and it usually has around 100 runners. Have played this 15 times and won it three times, with three other cashes.

20 x daily $10,000 GTD NLHE Bounty - $77 buy-in

Only plan to concentrate on one hold’em tourn on Cake and I think this is the best value. Much better record in this lately. The bounty is top-heavy ($20) and there will be plenty of times where you will be freerolling by the first break. Have my tactics sorted for this now.

Stars 8 x daily (20:30) $5,000 GTD PLO8, 500-cap - $109 buy-in PLO8 is one of my strongest games and really wanted to find a suitable regular tournament. After plenty of searching I feel this capped event (usually around 100 runners) is the one.

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running) No luck on Cake tonight. I built up a fair stack and had been raising quite a bit. Had raised around five of the last ten hands when I picked up KQs in late position. I open-raised but the BB re-raised and I passed. Next hand I pick up TT, I raised in mid-position folded around to the BB who re-raises, at this point I though I may have been percieved as "at it" or loose with my raises and would pass to a re-raise again. So I decided to shove. He had KK. I do think I'm still over thinking it on Cake, the standard is not good enough for me to think like I did there. Still had chips (14xBB), had 88 in the BB, cut-off raises and I shove. He called with AK - I lose the race. Would've had over starting stack had I won the hand, gotta win your races.

Date

Site

Buy-in ($)

Game

GTD

Runners

Position

Prize ($)

Tourn 1

4th Jan

Betfair

PLO F/O

Tourn 2

5th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty F/O

Returns $345 ($3500 needed to break level) Left to play... Betfair 5 x *HOT! Monday’s $5,000 GTD PLO, 5000 stacks, 10 minute levels - $55 buy-in This is my ideal tournament, PLO, deep stacks, slow blind levels. Shame it’s not a daily.

Cake $725 budget (adjusted see earlier post) for daily $1,500 GTD PLO re-buy - $5.50 buy-in (approx 25 tournaments) Have a massive ROI for this tourn. I have a 20% win strike-rate in this and a 40% cash strike-rate, and it usually has around 100 runners. Have played this 15 times and won it three times, with three other cashes.

19 x daily $10,000 GTD NLHE Bounty - $77 buy-in

Only plan to concentrate on one hold’em tourn on Cake and I think this is the best value. Much better record in this lately. The bounty is top-heavy ($20) and there will be plenty of times where you will be freerolling by the first break. Have my tactics sorted for this now.

Stars 8 x daily (20:30) $5,000 GTD PLO8, 500-cap - $109 buy-in PLO8 is one of my strongest games and really wanted to find a suitable regular tournament. After plenty of searching I feel this capped event (usually around 100 runners) is the one.

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running) I do think I'm still over thinking it on Cake, the standard is not good enough for me to think like I did there. Unless you had some specific read on the guy, not sure I see anything wrong with your thinking here ..... just ran into KK is all ;) You have him covered and I believe there is every chance that is exactly what he is up to so a balanced risk in my view. I see that we have 20 shots at this tournament, so long as your decision making is consistently good we'll come on top in the end :hope Good luck if you're on it tonight :ok

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running) Thanks guys.:ok Just outside the money in the PLO (22nd). There is a reason why I (and any other decent player) has a 3-figure ROI on this tourn. 95% of the field are shockingly bad. I had 10.5BB and was about 20th of 22 remaining (15 paid). We're short handed and I have JJ24 double suited UTG. Got to get busy, limping isn't an option. Raise pot to 3,500. Folded around to the chipped-up-luck-box-fish in the SB who re-raised pot. I call, I only have 7,000 left and getting 2/1 - insta-call. He shows 9d 3c 6c 7h :rollin I flop two pair which gives him an inside straight draw. He hits in on the river. Not a problem, this MTT is a licence to print money, shame it's only a fiver rebuy. If I don't cash in this 10 times and win it twice I will be pretty disappointed.

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running)

Date

Site

Buy-in ($)

Game

GTD

Runners

Position

Prize ($)

Tourn 1

4th Jan

Betfair

PLO F/O

Tourn 2

5th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty F/O

Tourn 3

6th Jan

Cake

5 (x9)

PLO Re-buy

Tourn 4

6th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty F/O

Returns $482.20 20th in the 10k. Had around 11,000 (BB 1000) and picked QQ UTG. Raised to 3,500. UTG+1 moved in for 15,000. I cannot pass obviously. He had AA. An ok start though, a return from three of the four, and it was close to being four to be fair. Left to play... Betfair 5 x *HOT! Monday’s $5,000 GTD PLO, 5000 stacks, 10 minute levels - $55 buy-in This is my ideal tournament, PLO, deep stacks, slow blind levels. Shame it’s not a daily.

Cake $680 budget (adjusted see earlier post) for daily $1,500 GTD PLO re-buy - $5.50 buy-in (approx 25 tournaments) Have a massive ROI for this tourn. I have a 20% win strike-rate in this and a 40% cash strike-rate, and it usually has around 100 runners. Have played this 15 times and won it three times, with three other cashes.

18 x daily $10,000 GTD NLHE Bounty - $77 buy-in

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running) Cheers guys. Was flying along in the PLO, chip leader for most of the F/O period. Was around 3rd with 35 left (25 paid) when I decided to gambe a little. Had 8865 on a 76K flop. I check-raised him all him, thought he had AA so it was possibly he could fold (he had 10k). But if he called I think I'm slight favourite. I would've been clear chip leader (52k) over 20k clear of 2nd. Plus if I lose would still have 9BB. A risk worth taking, especially I was likely to be slight fav. I missed. On the bubble I was all-in. I got it all-in getting around 5/1 when I was a 40% chance. I missed. Bubbled. Been a long time since anything went my way on Cake. Playing the 8pm 10k though. :hope

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running) Was doing well in the 10k bounty, survived an early cooler when my QQ busted KK. Won a few nice pots and was well above average. Then suffered two coolers in three hands. QQ vs KK (again). Then I raised with AK, got min-raised. I am worried obviously but have to call the min-raise. Flop xxK. I check, he bets half the pot. I make a small raise, I'm worried about AA so if he shoves I planned to pass. Many will not believe he here but I would've, the min-raise tells the story pre-flop. He only flat calls my c/r. So I decide to shove the turn (J). He calls. He had trip kings. I hit my ace on the river too for the rub-down. He played it well but there really is no way out for me to be honest. If I committed earlier in the hand it would not have been poor play. Just another cooler.

Date

Site

Buy-in ($)

Game

GTD

Runners

Position

Prize ($)

Tourn 1

4th Jan

Betfair

PLO F/O

Tourn 2

5th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty F/O

Tourn 3

6th Jan

Cake

5 (x9)

PLO Re-buy

Tourn 4

6th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty F/O

Tourn 5

7th Jan

Cake

5 (x9)

PLO Re-buy

Tourn 6

7th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty F/O

Returns $542.20 Left to play... Betfair 5 x *HOT! Monday’s $5,000 GTD PLO, 5000 stacks, 10 minute levels - $55 buy-in This is my ideal tournament, PLO, deep stacks, slow blind levels. Shame it’s not a daily.

Cake $635 budget (adjusted see earlier post) for daily $1,500 GTD PLO re-buy - $5.50 buy-in (approx 25 tournaments) Have a massive ROI for this tourn. I have a 20% win strike-rate in this and a 40% cash strike-rate, and it usually has around 100 runners. Have played this 15 times and won it three times, with three other cashes.

17 x daily $10,000 GTD NLHE Bounty - $77 buy-in