** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running)-FINISHED

billy the punter

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running) Cheers guys but no joy tonight. 12 off the money.

Date

Site

Buy-in ($)

Game

GTD

Runners

Position

Prize ($)

Tourn 1

4th Jan

Betfair

PLO F/O

Tourn 2

5th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty

Tourn 3

6th Jan

Cake

5 (x9)

PLO Re-buy

Tourn 4

6th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty

Tourn 5

7th Jan

Cake

5 (x9)

PLO Re-buy

Tourn 6

7th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty

Tourn 7

10th Jan

Stars

PLO8 F/O

140+

Tourn 8

11th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty

Tourn 9

12th Jan

Cake

5 (x4)

PLO Re-buy

Tourn 10

12th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty

3rd

Tourn 11

19th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty

130+

Tourn 12

21st Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty

Returns $1352.20 Left to play... Betfair 5 x *HOT! Monday’s $5,000 GTD PLO, 5000 stacks, 10 minute levels - $55 buy-in This is my ideal tournament, PLO, deep stacks, slow blind levels. Shame it’s not a daily.

Cake $615 budget (adjusted see earlier post) for daily $1,500 GTD PLO re-buy - $5.50 buy-in (approx 25 tournaments) Have a massive ROI for this tourn. I have a 20% win strike-rate in this and a 40% cash strike-rate, and it usually has around 100 runners. Have played this 15 times and won it three times, with three other cashes.

13 x daily $10,000 GTD NLHE Bounty - $77 buy-in

Only plan to concentrate on one hold’em tourn on Cake and I think this is the best value. Much better record in this lately. The bounty is top-heavy ($20) and there will be plenty of times where you will be freerolling by the first break. Have my tactics sorted for this now.

Stars 7 x daily (20:30) $5,000 GTD PLO8, 500-cap - $109 buy-in PLO8 is one of my strongest games and really wanted to find a suitable regular tournament. After plenty of searching I feel this capped event (usually around 100 runners) is the one. Off until Monday now.

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running) Cheers Drew but not my greatest showing in the bounty...

Date

Site

Buy-in ($)

Game

GTD

Runners

Position

Prize ($)

Tourn 1

4th Jan

Betfair

PLO F/O

Tourn 2

5th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty

Tourn 3

6th Jan

Cake

5 (x9)

PLO Re-buy

Tourn 4

6th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty

Tourn 5

7th Jan

Cake

5 (x9)

PLO Re-buy

Tourn 6

7th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty

Tourn 7

10th Jan

Stars

PLO8 F/O

140+

Tourn 8

11th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty

Tourn 9

12th Jan

Cake

5 (x4)

PLO Re-buy

Tourn 10

12th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty

3rd

Tourn 11

19th Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty

130+

Tourn 12

21st Jan

Cake

NLHE Bounty

Tourn 13

27th Jan

Cake

5 (3)

PLO Re-buy

Tourn 14

27th Jan

Cake

NHLE Bounty

Returns $1382.20 ($910 staked so far) Left to play... Betfair 5 x *HOT! Monday’s $5,000 GTD PLO, 5000 stacks, 10 minute levels - $55 buy-in This is my ideal tournament, PLO, deep stacks, slow blind levels. Shame it’s not a daily.

Cake $600 budget for daily $1,500 GTD PLO re-buy - $5.50 buy-in (approx 25 tournaments) Have a massive ROI for this tourn. I have a 20% win strike-rate in this and a 40% cash strike-rate, and it usually has around 100 runners. Have played this 15 times and won it three times, with three other cashes.

12 x daily $10,000 GTD NLHE Bounty - $77 buy-in

Only plan to concentrate on one hold’em tourn on Cake and I think this is the best value. Much better record in this lately. The bounty is top-heavy ($20) and there will be plenty of times where you will be freerolling by the first break. Have my tactics sorted for this now.

Stars 7 x daily (20:30) $5,000 GTD PLO8, 500-cap - $109 buy-in PLO8 is one of my strongest games and really wanted to find a suitable regular tournament. After plenty of searching I feel this capped event (usually around 100 runners) is the one.

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running) Ok guys heres the thing... I've not been happy with my online poker since leaving Betfair in the autumn. Although I've been succesful on Cake I haven't been as succesful as I was on Betfair and Ladbrokes and I definitely haven't enjoyed it as much. Due to the smaller group of players on Betfair and Laddies I believe you can use your reputation to your advantage, something that is impossible on Cake as there aren't many players you see twice. My first staking showed a profit and the last one was level, I've got a little shark on Cake too but it just doesn't feel right. I was saying to a couple of the lads at the weekend that I wasn't playing that well online and I will be looking for anothe site for my next online season (Autumn 2010). This campaign has started well however... $910 staked $1382.20 returned $472.20 profit 52% ROI $2590 left to stake, or £1605. I'm slightly behind schedule, but will have it done by mid March instead of 1st of March. It won't run over that as I need to get it done before Cheltenham. Now it's going to be a struggle for me and given I'd be more confident live at the moment, I'm proposing I change the intended tournaments... London Masters (The International) 28th Feb £100+10 HORSE 1st Mar £200+20 NLHE 3rd Mar £100+10 NLHE 5th Mar £200+20 PLO Double Chance 6th Mar £500+50 NLHE Main Event The Vic 10th Mar £200+20 NLHE Deepstack Totals £1430 I've a fair record at the place and all events have live updates on their forum. Cashed 3 times (inc one chop) from around 12 tournaments. Was very unlucky at their last festival as I also had three non-cashing final tables (9th-6th's). Obviously we have an opportunity to hit some big prizes and I'm fairly confident after last weekend's win - anyone who has seen me play will know I'm a confidence player. Could stakers please reply with what they prefer... a) Continuing as we are and getting through the online games, finishing mid-March. b) Change the remaining online games for the six live tournaments above. Don't forget there is already $1382.20 returned already (everyone is already guaranteed 40% of their stake back), the live winnings will of course be added to that. There is £185 left over, if I cannot find a suitable tournament for that before 10th of March then it will be added to the returns. NB due to the added expense of live play (cabs etc) the deal will have to change to make up +60% of profits, rather than than 70%. Therefore 1 share will now be worth 0.6% of profits in addition to return of entire stake. Hope that is ok, my expenses will be around £300 for the live games so I think it's fair. B gives us a much better chance of getting a nice return, but let me know what you think guys.

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running) just caught up on your APAT adventures ... congrats on the win :clap:clap to be honest i don't think there is any option but to switch the staking to the live games ...... i may be wrong (it has been known from time to time :loon) but it does not sound like your heart/mind/confidence is in the remaining online games. we know you're capable of delivering scores live or online so im much happier investing in the games/structures you have most confidence in :ok hope all that makes sense :dude

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running) Thanks chaps. That's settled then, a switch to the live games it is. $910 staked $1382.20 returned $2590 left to stake, or £1605. The remaining games will be... London Masters (The International) 28th Feb £100+10 HORSE 1st Mar £200+20 NLHE 3rd Mar £100+10 NLHE 5th Mar £200+20 PLO Double Chance 6th Mar £500+50 NLHE Main Event The Vic 10th Mar £200+20 NLHE Deepstack Totals £1430 Leaves £175, this will be added to the returns if another suitable tournament is not found. This was mentioned above but in case it was missed by some: Due to the added expense of live play (cabs etc) the deal will have to change to make up +60% of profits, rather than than 70%. Therefore 1 share will now be worth 0.6% of profits in addition to return of entire stake. Hope that is ok, my expenses will be around £300 for the live games so I think it's fair. :ok

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running)

Thanks chaps. That's settled then, a switch to the live games it is. $910 staked $1382.20 returned $2590 left to stake, or £1605. The remaining games will be... London Masters (The International) 28th Feb £100+10 HORSE 1st Mar £200+20 NLHE 3rd Mar £100+10 NLHE 5th Mar £200+20 PLO Double Chance 6th Mar £500+50 NLHE Main Event The Vic 10th Mar £200+20 NLHE Deepstack Totals £1430 Leaves £175, this will be added to the returns if another suitable tournament is not found. This was mentioned above but in case it was missed by some: Due to the added expense of live play (cabs etc) the deal will have to change to make up +60% of profits, rather than than 70%. Therefore 1 share will now be worth 0.6% of profits in addition to return of entire stake. Hope that is ok, my expenses will be around £300 for the live games so I think it's fair. :ok
Hi guys, yes we start again this Sunday with the HORSE. Hopefully get a bit of luck, you need it as it's limit obviously. So pleased it wasn't this week as I've been ill with flu all week and wouldn't have been able to play. Over it know thankfully. Haven't found a tourn for the remaining £175 yet, if I don't I will just make that a return. They give a running commentary on their forum for anyone who wants to track progress. :ok

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running) Best of luck tomorrow night Billy :ok I am really positive about this series of live events so relax and enjoy it ..... the success will come naturally ;)

Re: Season Finale (Sold Out & Off and Running) Cheers Drew :ok 26th (of 64) in tonight's HORSE. I was always struggling. Unplayable cards for the most part. Played my first hand at the first Razz level, losing 20% of my stack with a ten-low vs 9-low. I knew it was a tight hand and he needed an 8 or lower on the river, which he got. Didn't play another hand until the limit Hold'em level. KJ on a 2TQ flop. Called a bet on the flop. 9 on the turn and it was three-bet. River a T. I lost to 9T. Very next hand in a family pot I limp on the button with 9c4c. Flop 439. Checked to me, I bet, SB check-raises, I re-raised, he calls. Turn is insignificant, he check/calls my bet. River comes a Q, he bets I call. He had Q3. So at the first break I was down to less than 4k and very pissed off. First hand back was omaha hi-lo and I call in the cut-off in another multiway pot with KcJc6d5d. Flop 6c5cJd. I manged to get it capped four ways! Turn a jack! Got it capped again but only three-ways now. River 9 (no low) and I scooped a massive pot. Was now up to about 13k and well above average. Hovered around the 12k mark until the third hold'em level. The level was now 500/1000. Call in late pos (multi-way pot) with KcTc. Flop comes 7TT. Guy bets, called, I reraise, bettor folds, caller calls. Turn 8. He checks, I bet, he calls. River ace. He checks, I bet, he check-raises. Ugh. I call. He has 96 and hit an inside draw on the turn. That left me low stacked once again and with the antes creeping up it was tough. Faced with unplayable situations after that and finally got it in with QQQ in the 7stud level (vs rolled up king and jacks). Trouble is I only had 1400 left. Typical. When hold'em came around again I was forced to gamble due to the blinds. I didn't get lucky. This was only my 2nd HORSE tournament and I do feel I made the correct decisions almost all of the time. The cards speak so much at limit and you need a slice of luck, more so than in PL or NL. There is much less skill and minimal "gut play" - that doesn't suit me. I don't think I will be looking at HORSE tournaments in future. It's not about whether or not I'd be profitable (I don't know to be honest), it's just that I do not enjoy them as much as I thought I would. I loved playing mixed cash games in the past (which included PLO8, 7Stud, Lowball to a decent level) but it's nowhere near the same. Limit frustrates me. Next time there is a festival I'll recharge the batteries on HORSE night. Feeling good for the other tourns though, as like I say, I felt I played good poker. Good to catch up with Al, we went out pretty much at the same time. :ok