Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - BMW Championship 8-12 Sep

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan

Bubba double bogeys the last to bring him back to a joint lead for the last round :wall hopefully not having the outright will help the guy...clearly not the best finisher in the world! :hope for tomorrow I guess but I think I might need a bit more than that :gimme
I followed you hornet @80's!!! Would be interested to know your and anyones thoughts on laying him off?? He is available to lay on betfair @ 3.7, 3.8, 3.9 e.t.c I've never laid a bet like this off before... I had 1pt EW @ 80's so potentially a 100pt profit if he were to win.... However i'm a bit worried about him finishing the job! How much of that potential profit should i be looking to lay? What would you all be thinking of doing?!?!? Cheers in advance.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I followed you hornet @80's!!! Would be interested to know your and anyones thoughts on laying him off?? He is available to lay on betfair @ 3.7, 3.8, 3.9 e.t.c I've never laid a bet like this off before... I had 1pt EW @ 80's so potentially a 100pt profit if he were to win.... However i'm a bit worried about him finishing the job! How much of that potential profit should i be looking to lay? What would you all be thinking of doing?!?!? Cheers in advance.
say he was 4.0, thats 3/1, so you laid out 2pts on your bet. LAY £5, you lose £15 of your £100 if he holds on if he loses, you pick up the £5 so an increase of £3 on your original stake Some people lay for more i.e LAY £10, you lose £30 if he wins of your £100, but if he loses you pick up a tenner hope that helps?

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan J.Merrick to win Bob Hope Classic @ 66/1 365 (E-W) Looking for someone to come off the pace and mount a challenge this evening and I think Merrick could be the man, 2nd here last year and shot a few birdie's towards the end of the round last night to give him a squeak, has good form in this tourny in recent years and if getting off to a good start may mount a challenge to the leaders.

Going to have a little punt on the outright for the Bob Hope Classic with 2 days left: 2pts Martin Flores to win outright @ 10/1 (WillHill) Flores has notched up 3 good scores so far with 66, 65 and 65 during the 3 days, this leaves him one shot off the lead on -20. He has put in 3 back to back bogey rounds so far so if hes able to keep up this consistency then he should be in with a shot of winning. Read an interview after today's round and he seems very confident in his game at the moment. There is still 1 different course to play on tomorrow which will be very important on his chances of winning, if he can get a good score then I feel he will be in great shape to win the tournament since the last course will be one that he has previously hit a good score on and should be confident of doing so again. The Sony open last weekend was his 2nd PGA Tour event in which he made the cut but finished T59 on Even par.
Level round yesterday but is still only 3 off the lead so going to top up with another 0.5pt E/W @ 40/1 (WillHill 1/4 - 1,2,3) Total of 3pts staked now :hope

For the outright win you could lay 22.20 pts at Betfair on odds of 3.7 and this will guarantee you a profit of 20.06 pts Not sure what the lay odds are for the Top 5 finish.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-25 Jan Harsh stuff, Bubba finishes second. Not bad but truly gutting. On to the next one I guess. At least it shows that my new method on the PGA worked this week! Haas was the top three figure price on my rankings...now to get a biggy for next week. Off to look at stats!

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan Richard S Johnson @ 5/1 Played really well in this event in his 4 starts culminating in his best finish last year T9 at -26. Played faily solid last week and i fancy the improving swede to build on that this week, at an event he clearly loves. Nearly backed him @ 16/1 ew in the top European Market but these three will do me in America this week, especially with a lot to get into in Abu Dhabi. Good Luck. Hmmm.... Johnson was only one shot away from me doubling my outlay in this tournament. Tied with 8 others for 3 places for a reduced payout but overall it's a loss for the week. More dissapointed that he won the Top European Market comfortably @ 16's with me coming so close to backing him, but thats the way it goes sometimes.

Level round yesterday but is still only 3 off the lead so going to top up with another 0.5pt E/W @ 40/1 (WillHill 1/4 - 1' date=2,3) Total of 3pts staked now :hope
-3.00 in the end for me as he finished T18 with another level par round.

Good Luck All Bob Hope Classic MATCH Bet [Totesport] Kevin Sutherland to beat Baird @ Evs Spot of value as Sutherland plays course well and though having his first start usually plays well this time of the year
:ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-25 Jan Sticking with the ratings after picking out Bubba last week, however, this week is not as much about finding the long shots. This tournament has generally been dominated by top quality players with Major winners winning every year from 1996 until Nick Watney won it last year. To do well here it helps to have local knowledge, however, apart from Phil and Watney, I cant see any local player who I believe can win so I'll be going against that and risking it for those who fit the criteria of good all round drivers of the ball, high GIR and good scrambling ability. I am really (really) tempted to back Robert Allenby but at the odds on offer I dont feel he offers enough (despite him topping my rankings). Second on my rankings is Els but he's also not the cool customer in contention he used to be. So on to my selections. Ryan Moore @ 31 ew Ryan Moore was one of the best amateurs around until he turned professional with big hype, however, he's finally about to hit the big time. Getting his first win last year he is playing the best golf of his career with 5 consecutive top 10s carrying on where he left off at the end of last year. Moore is currently 8th in Total Driving (8th last year), hitting over 83% of greens for his 9 rounds this year and was one of the best scramblers on tour last year (8th this year). While he's missed 3 of his 4 cuts here which nearly put me off, he played well once here finishing 16th and I fully expect him to go better this time around. John Rollins @ 36 ew Rollins is one of the best all around drivers there is on tour finishing top 10 for that stat in the last two years. His iron play isnt normally too hot but he's started the year well for that and was 8th for GIR last year at this tournament when finishing 2nd. With that 2nd, he's also got another top 5 finish from 2006 showing he likes the tournament. He also made the cut when the course was toughened up for the US Open in 2008. Having started the year with 14-8, clearly playing well, coming to a tournament he clearly likes and a proven challenger (2 wins and 5 runner ups in the last 4 years) he has a strong shout in this Tigerless field. Lucas Glover @ 41 ew The 2009 US Open champion looks like a good bet on a course he has 2 top 5 finishes in in the last 4 years. One of the best drivers in the game (2nd for total driving in 2009) and 20th in GIR last year, he looks a good fit for this course. He'll be disappointed with his last 2 rounds at the SBS Champs and hit a 69 in a tournament he doesnt play well at (missing the cut which wasnt a shock) but coming to a tournament that suits his game and he likes, he'll want to prove those first couple of rounds in the SBS were a sign of things to come. GL:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Farmers Insurance Open 28-31 Jan Phil Mickelson win only 11/2 In his hometown, loves the course won here 3 times in the last ten years,finished last year on a serious high winnin his last two tournaments and will have enjoyed the rest. Would be surprised if he wasn't there or there abouts.:hope Robert Allenby e/w 16 to 1 In flyin form lately, won in AUS and has had an excellent start to the season, he doesnt have an unbelievable record here but worth a punt on recent form. hopefully his ducked on the Pga will finally come to an end. :hope Best of luck all

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Farmers Insurance Open 28-31 Jan Not sure the 13/2 will last for long with Mickelson, but he has to be backed in his home state on a course he loves Phil Mickelson 13/2 E/W SportingBet Lefty has won this event three times, loves playing in califonia, is the back to back champion at Riviera & won the Bob Hope in 02 & 04 also won pebble beach so this is the time of the year to catch him right. He lives very near the course so knows it well, field aint strongest, 2nd fav Allenby just cant win on pga tour. Will sort out a few big prices tonight :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Farmers Insurance Open 28-31 Jan Also think 4/6 is outstanding bet Mickelson top 10 finish. LUKE DONALD 40/1 STAN JAMES E/W TOP 10 FINISH 4/1 STAN JAMES Donald was the runner up in 2004 & 2005, lost playoff to Daly then 2nd to Tiger so has good memories around Torrie Pines. Tricky course so its important to have previous knowledge Last years form was very consistant, 26 cuts made including 5 top 10s on pga tour

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Farmers Insurance Open 28-31 Jan

Phil Mickelson win only 11/2 In his hometown, loves the course won here 3 times in the last ten years,finished last year on a serious high winnin his last two tournaments and will have enjoyed the rest. Would be surprised if he wasn't there or there abouts.:hope Robert Allenby e/w 16 to 1 In flyin form lately, won in AUS and has had an excellent start to the season, he doesnt have an unbelievable record here but worth a punt on recent form. hopefully his ducked on the Pga will finally come to an end. :hope Best of luck all
Still in with a real good chance of comin in, my euro picks were nowhere this weekend so hopefully one of these can shine on the last day, would top of a colossal month of profit!!!!:hopeAllenby needs to get the finger out tough...

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Farmers Insurance Open 28-31 Jan Just a small bet for me before the final round gets underway. 1pt ew L.Glover to win Farmers Insurance Open 8/1 Stan James (1/4 1,2,3) Lucas Glover isn't in the worst position here and important he comes into this final round having just shot 67 and 68. But for yesterday's double bogey he'd have hit 11 birdies and no dropped shots over the last 36 holes. We all know his credentials from the US Open last year and the good golf he's played since. He's not in the worst form this season. For 3 rounds in the Mercedes he looked every bit the winner before an uncharacteristic poor final round. This leaderboard isn't packed with world stars. Imada has one win on tour but he hasn't won since Sugarloaf in 2008. Sim seems to be in this position off a monster round on the North Course and Ben Crane can be a bit hit and miss, particularly if the clock is stuck on him. Mickelson could be Glover's biggest danger but with the controversy over his club this week his mind could be slightly elsewhere so I think the 8/1 on Glover has got some mileage in it. He knows how to see events through and he's my pick to see this home tonight.

Just a small bet for me before the final round gets underway. 1pt ew L.Glover to win Farmers Insurance Open 8/1 Stan James (1/4 1,2,3) Lucas Glover isn't in the worst position here and important he comes into this final round having just shot 67 and 68. But for yesterday's double bogey he'd have hit 11 birdies and no dropped shots over the last 36 holes. We all know his credentials from the US Open last year and the good golf he's played since. He's not in the worst form this season. For 3 rounds in the Mercedes he looked every bit the winner before an uncharacteristic poor final round. This leaderboard isn't packed with world stars. Imada has one win on tour but he hasn't won since Sugarloaf in 2008. Sim seems to be in this position off a monster round on the North Course and Ben Crane can be a bit hit and miss, particularly if the clock is stuck on him. Mickelson could be Glover's biggest danger but with the controversy over his club this week his mind could be slightly elsewhere so I think the 8/1 on Glover has got some mileage in it. He knows how to see events through and he's my pick to see this home tonight.
I really hope he can do it, even par after 5 holes so still very possible he can win :ok

Phil Mickelson win only 11/2 In his hometown, loves the course won here 3 times in the last ten years,finished last year on a serious high winnin his last two tournaments and will have enjoyed the rest. Would be surprised if he wasn't there or there abouts.:hope Robert Allenby e/w 16 to 1 In flyin form lately, won in AUS and has had an excellent start to the season, he doesnt have an unbelievable record here but worth a punt on recent form. hopefully his ducked on the Pga will finally come to an end. :hope Best of luck all
What a blow up by allenby,:puke was cruisin with 5 to go, two flyers and game over, this lad has serious confidence issues when it comes to the home stretch. Reminds me a lot of harrington a few years ago(only not as good) Still good month overall in the golf, 6 tournaments two winners 8to1 and 12to1 and two each ways14to1 and 25to1. Thought Allenby was gona top it off but not to be!!!!!!!!!

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Farmers Insurance Open 28-31 Jan Kev, even a hornet and a hatter combined couldnt get Lucas to the win! Bit disappointed with that but at least he went for the eagle at the last to get into a decent position but couldnt get get his irons working today. Just looked at my statistical analysis and saw I didnt have Crane in there (unsure why now!!) so was never really going to pick him...however, did a quick analysis on his stats and saw he wouldve rated higher than both Rollins and Glover - my two best picks for the week :wall Not saying I wouldve picked him but again shows the stats speak so will keep trying with it! Hopefully next week will bring a bit more luck and $ to the table!

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Farmers Insurance Open 28-31 Jan I haven't been watching golf long so maybe I am being a bit too critical here but Glover seems to hit the greens very well but always seems to take 2 shots to putt the ball, I understand long putts are not easy but from the shot tracker last night it seemed like he was always 1-2ft away maybe even closer everytime. Surely if he sharpens that up he is bound to come good and win something soon? I just felt a bit let down by his putting, the sky coverage didn't really cover him much so was hard to visualize the putts but from what I read it just seemed like he is a poor putter.

Kev, even a hornet and a hatter combined couldnt get Lucas to the win! Bit disappointed with that but at least he went for the eagle at the last to get into a decent position but couldnt get get his irons working today. Just looked at my statistical analysis and saw I didnt have Crane in there (unsure why now!!) so was never really going to pick him...however, did a quick analysis on his stats and saw he wouldve rated higher than both Rollins and Glover - my two best picks for the week :wall Not saying I wouldve picked him but again shows the stats speak so will keep trying with it! Hopefully next week will bring a bit more luck and $ to the table!
Agree, we were slightly unlucky there. Just couldn't find a pin at all could he. He'll go in at some point this season, I'm sure of that.
I haven't been watching golf long so maybe I am being a bit too critical here but Glover seems to hit the greens very well but always seems to take 2 shots to putt the ball' date=' I understand long putts are not easy but from the shot tracker last night it seemed like he was always 1-2ft away maybe even closer everytime. Surely if he sharpens that up he is bound to come good and win something soon? I just felt a bit let down by his putting, the sky coverage didn't really cover him much so was hard to visualize the putts but from what I read it just seemed like he is a poor putter.[/quote'] I don't think it's so much his putting was poor but at that level you can't keep leaving yourself 30-40ft putts from the fairways. That's poor iron play :ok.

Kev, even a hornet and a hatter combined couldnt get Lucas to the win! Bit disappointed with that but at least he went for the eagle at the last to get into a decent position but couldnt get get his irons working today. Just looked at my statistical analysis and saw I didnt have Crane in there (unsure why now!!) so was never really going to pick him...however, did a quick analysis on his stats and saw he wouldve rated higher than both Rollins and Glover - my two best picks for the week :wall Not saying I wouldve picked him but again shows the stats speak so will keep trying with it! Hopefully next week will bring a bit more luck and $ to the table!
Your picks have certainly be adding enjoyment to the tourneys! Something is working, because I think last week you had Bubba who made a place this week Glover was in with a decent chance right up till the last day and during, so stick with it and you'll have a winner before too long! I've been quite impressed with A.Prugh in recent weeks, seems to get himself there or thereabouts most weeks. Would be interesting to see where he figures in the stats? I don't know if he has ever won on the PGA tour, possibly a rookie? Might be good odds for a top 20 even top 10 finish bet?

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Farmers Insurance Open 28-31 Jan Going to Follow Rickie Fowler this year, he only just turned 21, played 3 times on pga tour on fall series last year, two top tens that were a 2nd losing in a playoff & a 7th. Another top 10 at Torrey Pines yesterday, a tie for 5th, probebrly at 3 figure odds as he missed 2 previous cuts. In the e/w money twice in last 6 events, only looked at stan james odds for Riviera this coming week he is 66/1, seems to be very inconsistant & very good so is gonna pop up in e/w money at big odds from time to time, possibly winning.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Farmers Insurance Open 28-31 Jan Perry, Prugh was 200/1 last week and was the best 3 figure price in my stats, however, he's a rookie and as he showed at the Bob Hope, it's not the easiest to stay up with the pace as a rookie so you've gotta be careful with them...see Scott Piercy last year who led in quite a few events and would regularly hit terrible final rounds in contention! As for Rickie Fowler, a fantastic talent no doubt but again, a rookie so will no doubt be inconsistent - however, I really think he will win a lot of tournaments this year, possibly this year, possibly a good bet for an event such as the Makayoba Classic in a few weeks but he will be pretty short odds there. Just my 2 cents! Been working on a few things for this week so fingers crossed it'll be a good week! GL:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Northern Trust Open 4-7 Feb New week and a new tournament. Time to hit a big one :drums 3 pts ew J Quinney to win Northern Trust Open @ 125/1 Stan James (1/4, 1,2,3,4,5) Jeff Quinney seems to do really well at this Riviere course. He is a player that isnt often in contention, but in 3 starts at this course, he has a 2nd, and a 9th to his name, and his scoring average here is 2nd only to Phil Mickelson. He has started this season well enough, with 2 midfield finishes in his first 2 starts. Missed the cut last week, but I expect him to put up a good showing here returning to one of his favourite courses. In addition, some of this guys best showings have come here in California. 2 pts ew R Sabbatini to win Northern Trust Open @ 33/1 Betfred (1/4, 1,2,3,4,5) Rory has a great record at this Riviere course, with 1 win, 1 top 5, 2 top 10's and 1 top 20 in only 7 starts. He won the Nissan here back in 2006, and has not missed the cut here in the last 4 years. As well as his liking for this Riviera course, he comes here in solid form, playing good golf. He started off his season with a great display in 2nd at the SBS Championship. He then followed that up in the Sony, before blowing up with a final round 73. He has taken a couple of weeks off, and I expect to see him challenging back on this course. 2 pts ew L Donald to win Northern Trust Open @ 70/1 Generally (1/4, 1,2,3,4,5) Many people are losing faith in Luke Donald's ability to win tournaments, and I cant blame them. However, I believe he can put in a great showing this week. Since this tournament started 2 years ago, Luke has managed to rack up a 6th place finish, with a 3rd place back in 2008. His record at this course looking back at the Nissan is a 50% s/r with top 20 finishes, so he clearly does well here. He doesnt come here in much form, and his only 2 recent top 10's have come in Scotland. However, maybe a trip back to Riviera will spark a flame. 0.5 pt ew R Imada to win Northern Trust Open @ 100/1 Generally (1/4, 1,2,3,4,5) After Mark Calcavecchia pulling out, Imada sneaks in as my 4th selection as a saver here. He played solidly for 3 rounds last week at the Farmers Insurance, before collapsing slightly in the final round. That gives me hope going into this week considering that is the first time he has shown any sort of form since ... well, a long time ago ! His record at Riviera isnt to be laughed at either, with a 5th place finish back in 2008. He was poor in 2009, but thats not uncommon for Imada, and his prominent finish last weeks gives me faith that he can put in another showing here at Riviera.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Northern Trust Open 4-7 Feb I'm getting involved in the US golf this week. Outright bets as follows. 5 pts win Phil Mickelson @ 13/2 1.5 pts ew Harrington @ 25-1 1 pt ew KJ Choi @ 40-1 Mickelson - Superb recent course form, rust now removed and hungry for a win Harrington - One of best players in the world with a 3rd against his name on this course. Also, matchfit with no rust. Choi - Good record here and playing well, seems to be coming back into form after good recent play.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Northern Trust Open 4-7 Feb This week there is a clear winner in Phil Mickelson but he is marred with the controversy surrounding the Ping golf clubs and at single figure odds, especially after he was 18/1 for this tournament last year, I cant bring myself to bet on him. Apart from Phil there is a lot of value in some big prices, however, I've only picked one and have gone for a couple of the other (boring!) market leaders. Robert Allenby @ 21 ew I know this guy cant win but if theres a week he will, it's playing at Riviera where he won in his last winning season, 2001 :loon I know it's a long time! The guy is clearly playing brilliantly at the moment with form figures of 1-1-2-9 this season, not too shabby. Last week he was at 16/1 but now, at a course where he has amazing form figures - 5 to 17s in the last 6 years including 3 top 7s, a few years before this a win. His GIR, Total Driving and All Around stats fit perfectly to this course and according to the stats, last week his sometimes dodgy putting was in very good shape. At 20/1 he looks a decent bet even if he only picks up the ew part he should be challenging throughout. Steve Stricker @ 15 win only No. 3 in the world with a 2nd last year and 11th the year before. He's started the season where he left off with two top 10s including a 3rd last time out. 3wins in his last 14 tourneys is as good a strike rate as you're going to get without letting off steam in an unethical manner :unsure and at odds better than double Phil without all the drama of "cheating" etc he looks a good shout to get in to contention and when he does that, he's shown time again that he can finish the job. Bo Van Pelt @ 151 ew Bo is a bit of a strange pick but the stats throw him out there so I'd be folly to miss him out. He has made the last 6 cuts here (best finishes of 11th and 13th) which shows he is able to play the course and last year he opened with a 68 and finished with a 65 having sandwiched in two more average rounds. However, he won last year and has started the season relatively well with figures of 25-MC-26. He let me down in his last tournament at the Bob Hope but finished off with three great rounds measuring up to 18 under par which should leave him feeling pretty good. His driving is currently statistically the best on tour and he is hitting over 76% of greens in regulation. His finishing position will probably justify his odds but they're so big I'm willing to give it a shot! GL:hope