** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - BMW Championship 8-12 Sep

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Sony Open 14-17 Jan

:clapHi everyone two picks for myself this week S. Stricker @14 to 1 e/w In great form coming into this tournament,finished with a 66 last sunday, cobwebs are truley gone after the short break and has a trumendous record here over the last few years. Very good in the wind too which is good on this course as its very open to the elements. B. Molder@ 75 to 1 e/w Absolutely taring it apart in australia in the close season and looking very sharp comin into it. Did miss the last two cuts here before but never had a close season before those two tornaments. Very confident on stricker but worth the punt on this lad at big odds. best of luck all.:hope
Great last day by stricker, made profit again this week, 3 out of four winners since the start, happy days, Molder missed the cut again sorry lads.:dude:beer

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan 5 rounds this week so the games begin on wed - dont miss out! Trying out a different method this week through a pretty in depth rating system I'm working on...fingers crossed it'll work out for me. This threw out Tim Clark and Justin Rose as the top 2 but with 346 PGA starts and no wins between them I cant be betting on them at the head of the market so instead I've picked out three guys who I'm hoping can do the business at tastier odds, two of which won last season. Martin Laird @ 46 ew Laird has impressed me since his run to the playoffs in 2008. He won at the end of last season and played pretty well here last year hitting 4 rounds in the 60s (the other70) and dominating the all important par 5s. Is now a much more complete player and showed that finished 4th in his only start this season. Has a good game for this, additionally, being a younger guy should be able to keep it going over 5 rounds. Bo Van Pelt @ 91 Bo played really well here last year hitting 27 under with all 5 rounds 68 or better. Hopefully he should be able to keep that kind of play up this year. He missed the cut last week but that's not going to put me off too much. He played some solid stuff in the SBS and generally performs well on tournaments where birdies can be made. At these odds, he's difficult to resist. Bubba Watson @ 81 Bubbas a player I like a lot but all he needs is a win on tour having finished runner up in each of the last 3 years. He has improved his record here every year with a MC-26-25 but going into the final round last year he was lying in third (having hit two rounds of 63 or better) before falling away. He played some solid stuff last week hitting 69-70-69-70 and he's obviously going to aim to dominate the par 5s as the biggest hitter on tour. Liked a couple of others and was very tempted on Webb Simpson but wanted the odds to be a bit better. GL :hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan :clapHi all lets keep this run goin, sorry dont know the prices on these but will repost when i find out. John Merrick 1pt e/w California born and bred he must feel right at home here as his performances of 16T 08, 2nd 09. He blew a strong chance to record his maiden Tour success at this event last year but he started well in Hawaii last week even though he fell away a bit he was top greens in reg at a whopping 79%, i'd say he's been on the puttin green all week and if a few drop this week he'll go close at a big price. Chad Campbell 1pt e/w Finished last Sunday with a 66 Which was excellent. Finished T9 at last year's Hope and won it in 2006. He has a good record here and if the putter gets hot who knows!!!!:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan Charley Hoffman 45/1 Betfair 5pts

Former winner in 2007, finished 8th in 2008, and had a top twenty in 2009. A local lad so may have the edge on course knowledge and seems to love the pro am tournaments. Desert conditions also seem to be in his favour having a good record in Vegas. Definitely one to watch for me.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan Going with 3 outrights here, all at big prices, staking 10pts on the 3. B.Van Pelt to win Bob Hope Classic, 1pt EW @ 90/1 Bet365 (1/4 odds 1-2-3-4-5) I'm with Hornet on this one. Has played in both events so far this season, missing the cut at the Sony, but these easier courses will play to Bo's strengths. Tied for 5th last season hitting 5 consecutive rounds in the 60's so it really does make the price looks stupid. Hit the most birdies on tour last season, in fact was 10th for birdie average - that will be key this week and, in this very average field where it's all about under par scoring, is enough to take this bet on. H.Frazar to win Bob Hope Classic, 0.5pts EW @ 150/1 Boylesports (1/4 odds 1-2-3-4-5) H.Frazer, Top 20 finish, 2pts @ 9/2 Skybet Again, another massive price - he's actually 66/1 in the outright market in a place! Has 3 Top 10's in his last 6 starts here so it certainly makes the 9/2 look big for a Top 20 finish. 13th on birdie average last season and very good on the carpet, 2nd for putting average, so he has plenty in his favour. Also firmly established in the Top 10 for bounce back so, even if we see a bogey, birdies will inevitably follow. This week it really is a lottery as it's those who pepper the pin and sink the putts that will prevail, but Frazar ticks all the boxes to have a good crack at this at a massive price. D.Chopra to win Bob Hope Classic, 0.5pts EW @ 175/1 Bet365 (1/4 odds 1-2-3-4-5) D.Chopra, Top 20 finish, 2pts @ 6/1 Skybet D.Chopra, Top European, 1pt EW @ 16/1 Bet365 (1/5 odds 1-2-3) Similar to Frazar, a huge price not only in the first 2 markets but also in the top European market. It's clear by now that low scoring is the order of the day and Chopra is more than capable of it - 13th in both birdie average and putting, he can go low on his day. The one concern would be that he has not really performed that well here but surely this price is too big for someone who can drive a long way and sink lots of putts.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan I'm going to take 1 more here, as the price is just too big. Admittedly, I'm on a lot of outrights but I feel this unique event justifies the number of bets and it's probably the only event where so many big names are missing and there's so much value around. We'll see come Sunday night. J.Durant to win Bob Hope Classic, 0.5pts EW @ 250/1 Skybet (1/4 odds 1-2-3-4-5) J.Durant, Top 20 finish, 2pts @ 10/1 Skybet Surely I'm missing something here. In an event where birdies are key, Durant ticks all the boxes required to be able to shoot low, with the possible exception of putting. However putting is something that happens in streaks and it would be no surprise to see him put it all together this week. In 2009, he was ranked top of driving accuracy, 3rd for GIR, 18th for birdie average and 6th in proximity to hole - this strongly suggest he'll hit a ton of greens and be fairly close to what are generally easier pin positions due to the amateur element of the event. If his putter is hot, he'll do very well. Has failed to excel so far in this event although is a regular making the cut. Big price for a top 20.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan Good Luck All Bob Hope Classic MATCH Bet [Totesport] Kevin Sutherland to beat Baird @ Evs Spot of value as Sutherland plays course well and though having his first start usually plays well this time of the year

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan Not much time for a write up and their teeing off in about an hour, but 3 TOP 20's for me this week Top 20 Finish, All with Skybet. Briny Baird @ 4/1 Baird is coming of a T12 last week in the Sony which should set him up well for this tournament. We know he can go low as he showed last year in this very tournament shooting 63's in the first two rounds to lead the way on -18. He has also finished T3 in this event previously. With Baird hitting so many greens(10th in GIR last year) if the putter is working like it did a stages last week, he should be right up there come sunday. Harrison Frazar @ 9/2 Joining Russ with this pick and not to much to add to his write up. Started poorly in this event last year but his scores improved each time over the 4 rounds he played. He has 3 top 10's from his last 6 starts in this event, and with low scoring the name of the game this week, he has the stats we want to see, coming 2nd in putting ave and 13th in birdie ave last season . I also read he shot a 59 at the Pga west course in 2008 which is a bonus, we know he can shoot very low, and it would be of no surprise to see the veteran bounce back from last weeks missed cut an play well this week. Richard S Johnson @ 5/1 Played really well in this event in his 4 starts culminating in his best finish last year T9 at -26. Played faily solid last week and i fancy the improving swede to build on that this week, at an event he clearly loves. Nearly backed him @ 16/1 ew in the top European Market but these three will do me in America this week, especially with a lot to get into in Abu Dhabi. Good Luck.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan RYAN PALMER E/W 70/1 BET365 I know hes last weeks winner & they rarely win next time out, but ive gotta admit 70/1 is a bit too big for a man who was all about hes classy iron shots & putting last week. He aint a one hit wonder, that was hes 3rd win, bob hope is a very easy tournament, being so confident at the moment he must fancy his chances of going well again. BRIAN GAY E/W 40/1 STAN JAMES 2 time winner last year including by 10 shots at Harbour Town. At hes best on shortish flat courses as shown then & didnt fare too badly last week at Sony despite not really threatening in a tie of 25th showing a big performance is expected soon.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan Not the greatest of starts but going to get stuck into the 2 balls tonight. S.Flesch to beat K.Na, 2nd round 2-balls, 4pts @ 7/4 Bet365 Kevin Na had a fantastic time on the greens yesterday but, despite that, could only manage a round -3. He will need to keep the putter very hot to stay in contention here but that's no given as he's always liable to throw in a poor round. Flesch had an ok round yesterday but really spoilt it with 4 bogeys in there. That shows he's more able to sink those birdies, with 3 in 4 holes yesterday. Like to take the experienced player here at a pro-am event so I will take Flesch at an outsiders price. T.Purdy to beat F.Jacobsen, 2nd round 2-balls, 4pts @ 6/4 Stan James Not sure I understand why Jacobsen is fav here. Neither of them played that well at the Sony last week and, for me, Purdy is way ahead on the stats. Had a top 15 last time here and opened ok yesterday. Drives the ball a fair way, further than Jacobsen which will help on this track. Was way ahead on birdie average last year, as well as driving accuracy and GIR, yet is odds against. Jacobsen isn't anywhere near the force of old and hasn't played here for a few year so, at the current odds, I'll take Purdy to prevail. J.Nitties to beat R.Palmer, 2nd round 3-balls, 4pts @ 5/4 Ladbrokes Ryan Palmer superbly won the Sony last week but that's no reason for him to be fav. Has only once in the last 3 years made the cut in the event following a top 10 finish for him. This was a high profile win for him and I think the pressure will be too much. Drives the ball a long way but this rough is much more difficult than last week and his inability to stay straight will rid him of many birdie opportunities. Nitties on the other hand is much more accurate from the box and putted pretty well yesterday. Ranked 6th last season on putting from 15-25' and with the pins being a little easier than normal, that could well set him up well for a low round tonight. J.Bohn to beat J.Dufner, 2nd round 3-balls, 4pts @ 6/5 Bet365 Again I'm on the outsider. Bohn had a good round of -3 playing excellent par golf, with no bogeys on his card. In the top 10 for accuracy and putts per round but didn't hit enough greens to trouble the leaders. Was 8th for GIR though last season so the ability is clearly though. If he puts it all together, he could shoot really low here. Dufner played poorly yesterday and struggled with all elements of his game, managing Even par and will need to improve on that to feature here.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan It's 5 rounds for this tourney played on 4 different courses. All players play the 4 courses for the first 4 days and then the cut is made at the end of round 4, last round is on one of the 4 courses (cant remember off the top of my head) - thus 5 days and a wednesday start! In other news, good to see Quiros starting nicely and Bubba playing himself into some nice form...hopefully theyll keep it up! GL:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan No play today folks! Heavy rain has forced the second round of The Bob Hope Classic to be postponed to Friday. The area has been hit with a series of storms that have flooded the streets and is playing havoc in the Southern California area. Unfortunely the worst storm is due on Friday so this event is in serious jeopardy of getting 90 holes in. http://www.golfobserver.com/home.php

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan

Not the greatest of starts but going to get stuck into the 2 balls tonight. S.Flesch to beat K.Na, 2nd round 2-balls, 4pts @ 7/4 Bet365 T.Purdy to beat F.Jacobsen, 2nd round 2-balls, 4pts @ 6/4 Stan James J.Nitties to beat R.Palmer, 2nd round 3-balls, 4pts @ 5/4 Ladbrokes J.Bohn to beat J.Dufner, 2nd round 3-balls, 4pts @ 6/5 Bet365
Despite the 1 day delay, bets still stand:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan Going to have a little punt on the outright for the Bob Hope Classic with 2 days left: 2pts Martin Flores to win outright @ 10/1 (WillHill) Flores has notched up 3 good scores so far with 66, 65 and 65 during the 3 days, this leaves him one shot off the lead on -20. He has put in 3 back to back bogey rounds so far so if hes able to keep up this consistency then he should be in with a shot of winning. Read an interview after today's round and he seems very confident in his game at the moment. There is still 1 different course to play on tomorrow which will be very important on his chances of winning, if he can get a good score then I feel he will be in great shape to win the tournament since the last course will be one that he has previously hit a good score on and should be confident of doing so again. The Sony open last weekend was his 2nd PGA Tour event in which he made the cut but finished T59 on Even par.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan Never heard of the leader before this week:loon although hes playing hardest course today, dont fancy hes chances of leading going into the 5th round. Palmer had a great round yesterday of -8, -13 now dont rule him out now I fancy the big danger to be Mike Weir, get on him e/w at 12/1 or thereabouts, he knows how to win on pga tour, was placed in this last year Not sure if this ends today or tomorrow anyone know? I know they want to get in 90 holes.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Bob Hope Classic 21-24 Jan Bubba double bogeys the last to bring him back to a joint lead for the last round :wall hopefully not having the outright will help the guy...clearly not the best finisher in the world! :hope for tomorrow I guess but I think I might need a bit more than that :gimme