** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - BMW Championship 8-12 Sep

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan No worries JK. Onto Day 2, and I'm taking 3 bets: S.Cink to be end of round 2 leader, 1pt EW @ 14/1 Stan James (1/4 odds 1-2-3) Cink finished the day on -5, 2 shots off Lucas Glover and 1 behind a clutch of players in T2. As others have alluded to, he played very well and was superb tee to green, finishing highest on GIR. He hit 6 birdies yesterday but still a total of 31 putts. Consistent player who has twice been in the Top 6 here, he hits the ball a fair distance off the tee also. If he can make his putter work a bit better here, the 14's could look a big price. J.Kelly to beat R.Moore (2nd round 2-balls), 4pts @ 5/4 Bet365 Both these players finished on -4 yesterday but, for me, it's Kelly who looks more like he can tear this course up. Ryan played a nice round of golf yesterday with a bogey free round. The disappointment however is that he didn't hit more birdies and only birdied 1 of the Par 5's. Isn't that long of the tee and needs to hit lots of greens again to repeat his first round score. Kelly, meanwhile, hit 7 birdies but blotted his copybook with 3 bogeys. He also managed to birdie 3 of the 4 Par 5's. Didn't hit enough greens so if he can improve his iron play, I feel he can take this comfortably. N.Watney to beat D.Johnson (2nd round 2-balls), 4pts @ Evs Skybet The battle of the big hitters, will be great to watch, but I fancy the more consistent Watney to take this, who I'm on outright too. Had a bogey free round yesterday and felt the course was 'easy'. Despite this, I think there's more to come. Wasn't that straight off the tee and didn't putt as well as he can, but still never looked in danger of a bogey. Johnson, on the other hand, can be very wild and is either awful or brilliant. Had one of his brilliant days yesterday and it's not often he puts 2 of those together. 2 bogeys in his 8 birdie round and I think he will need to improve again to beat Watney, who is a big looking Evs here.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan I don't follow golf alot and my knowledge of the game itself doesn't stretch beyond the very basics but I couldn't help to want to follow some tips on here :) What do you mean by 2 balls?

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan It's where 2 players are against each other over a round Westy! So say this evening in the 2nd round they start at level par and whoever scores lowest over the 18 holes wins! :ok

I don't follow golf alot and my knowledge of the game itself doesn't stretch beyond the very basics but I couldn't to want to follow some tips on here :) What do you mean by 2 balls?

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan

It's where 2 players are against each other over a round Westy! So say this evening in the 2nd round they start at level par and whoever scores lowest over the 18 holes wins! :ok
Thanks mate.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Yang didn't find his Ying! :lol He was the only one in the field for his 2nd round to go over par for the round! Some nice looking bets for people in here as things currently stand: TQM and his 25/1 EW outright on Glover. Theboybroon and his 22/1 EW for ROTW on Laird. It'll be hardwork now for anybody in the field to peg back Glover now because it is a course that has few obstacles. The only way I can see him losing this is if the weather turns nasty. He has played this course superbly well and there are omens from past winners to suggest that he is in a very strong position. Since this competition was 1st brought to this course in 1999 there have been 3 wire to wire winners: Vijay Singh, Ernie Els and last year Geoff Ogilvy.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan 1 out of two last night, 2 out of 3 in the 2 balls overall. One for this evening. YE Yang to beat M.Wilson @ 2.05 SJ Match Tees Off: 21:15pm GMT Yang -2 Wilson -1 Yang shot a double bogey and a triple bogey which ruined his round yesterday, the triple bogey on the last being the ultimate killer, on day 1 he played better than his round suggested and the same could be said for yesterday, if he cuts out those bad holes then he'll manage a good score today. Wilson shot a two under round yesterday and he may manage the same today but I fancy Yang to go a couple better.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Day 3 I don't think you'll see many decent 6/4 shots worth a bet on this weekend than Lucas Glover winning this tournament now! 3 shot lead and getting stronger each round. We could conceivably see a record score here from Glover for 72 holes played as long as the weather stays good which it is forecast to! The current record for this tournament at this course is held by Ernie Els who scored 261 - Glover's 36 holes score currently stands at 131. Predictions: Leader After Round 3 - Lucas Glover Win @1.50 Paddypower ***** Outright - Lucas Glover Win @2.50 Paddypower ***** 2 Balls - Draw No Bet Michael Bradley v Heath Slocum @2.40 William Hill *** Quite why there is such a difference in price between these 2 I'll never know! Bradley has improved more between both rounds than Slocum has and with less of a cluttered scorecard. In a 50/50 match up it's seems value to me here. Mark Wilson v YE Yang @2.15 William Hill *** I was very disappointed in Yang yesterday and he has some serious issues with his putter at the moment. His approach play can be brilliant but he is allover the place when ever he gets his putter out! Wilson improved after a horrible start to this tournament in his 1st round and he took that over into a solid 2nd round. If Yang putts the same way as the previous 2 rounds then Wilson should be a good safe bet here. Steve Stricker v Brian Gay @1.50 Paddypower *** The pre tournament favourite Stricker after a horrible 1st round improved for his 2nd round, making more birdies and less bogeys and he should continue this trend into his 3rd round. Gay on the other hand has been steady and nothing more with a mere double bogey & 3 bridies in his 1st round to a single bogey & 3 birdies for his 2nd round. I expect Stricker to win this match based on progress throughtout the rounds. Troy Matteson v Bo Van Pelt @1.85 William Hill *** Troy had a bogey free round yesterday and 3 birdies compared to Van Pelt's Bogey & Double bogey. I'm going for Troy here based on his improvement yesterday from his 1st round. Zach Johnson v Pat Perez @1.65 William Hill *** Johnson will now be utilising what's left over the next 2 rounds to limber up to defend his Sony Open Crown next week. Whilst not playing spectacularly he's been steady and had a bogey free round yesterday. Perez managed a double bogey & bogey and for consistency Johnson has to be the call here. Stephen Ames v Jerry Kelly @1.67 Paddypower *** Simple logic applied here in that Ames improved on his 1st round yesterday and Kelly hit a worse round from his 1st. Paul Casey v Retief Goosen @1.85 William Hill *** Casey has impressed me so far as I thought he would be considerably off the pace due to little play and coming back from his injury. His putting has been good and the signs are that this could be his best season yet, if he can take advantage in Tiger Woods's absence. Goosen has rather faded over these last few years and hearing Butch Harmon speak about some of his old faults creeping back into his game, I would rather back against Goosen for the forseeable future! Nick Watney v Dustin Johnson @1.85 William Hill *** Watney had a mare of a back nine yesterday when he was in contention bogeying 3 holes on the bounce! This after a bogey free first round! but he showed a resiliance to birdie the last to repair some damage. Johnson is too haphazard for my liking his abilities lie mostly in his whacking big drive and I would much rather plump for the more solid all round game of Watney's to prevail here in this match up. Rory Sabbatini v Nathan Green @1.67 Paddypower *** Green has rather thrown away his chance to catch Glover with 2 bogeys at the tail end of his round yesterday. He has rather digressed from his 1st round great score of -6 to a mere -3 for his 2nd round score. Sabbatini had a superb back nine with 5 birdies yesterday and he improved to a -5 for his 2nd round from -3 for his 1st round score. I'm going with the improver here. Ryan Moore v Stewart Cink @2.00 William Hill *** In a 50/50 match up I have to go with the value here because Moore progressed from his 1st round score yesterday whilst Cink went the other way! Angel Cabrera v Kenny Perry @1.91 Paddypower *** Again looking at they have both played here it is difficult to split them so with the value at this price I'm plumping for Cabrera to prevail. Martin Laird v Matt Kuchar @2.20 William Hill *** Looking at how both have performed here it is another difficult one to call. However it's always good to watch the commentary from Sky as they give you snippets of information you wouldn't normally pick up on from other media sources which could be the difference. They advised that Kuchar has been suffering with a cold this week and although it's not had that much of an effect on his game here you feel another day if he's still suffering with it, could make it harder for him to progress. The Scott for me here who had a bogey free round yesterday and is impressing in his relatively limited time on The Pga Tour so far and could be a serious contender for a Ryder Cup place this year! Geoff Ogilvy v Sean O'Hair @1.80 Paddypower ***** The reiging champ here who is making a real fist of it to try and retain it! Whilst O'Hair has played extremely well here I feel Ogilvy is playing very well at the moment and he'll be giving it his all to try and reign in Glover. Lucas Glover v John Rollins @1.65 William Hill ***** The way Glover has been playing it would be very hard to conceive that in a match up Rollins could beat him. Rollins has no doubt played superbly well but I get the feeling he is rather punching above his weight and sooner rather than later he'll drop out of contention. :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Without doubt, tonight is make or break for me. As much as I look at these, I do strongly fancy 4 so am going to take them all. I just hope they come off tonight:lol Z.Johnson to beat P.Perez (3rd round 2-balls), 6pts @ 5/6 Skybet Both of these are probably out of contention here so are playing for places, both on -5 at the halfway stage. Perez is not really playing that well and was a little wayward off the tee yesterday whilst Zach is improving and will be keen to get a low round in ahead of the Sony Open next week where he is defending champion. Had 34 putts on Day 1, reducing that by 4 yesterday; I expect further improvement today with the pressure effectively off. Johnson normally improves for a couple of rounds and was 2nd on 3rd round scoring average last season, compared with Perez's 144. That is backed up in the fact that, in Zach's 1st 3 tournaments last season, he was -11 for Rounds 1 & 2 (6 rounds in total) but was -16 total for the 3rd round in those events (3 rounds in total). If that trend can continue and he can shoot a few more birdies, he should take this. R.Goosen to beat P.Casey (3rd round 2-balls), 4pts @ Evs Skybet Both stuck on -7, with identical rounds of 70-69. I think Casey, though, may feel the effects of 2 rounds here on his comeback from injury whilst Retief looks to be getting stronger. The Goose drove an average of 10yds further per hole yesterday, with Casey shorter & shorter and the South African also holds the advantage on the greens. In addition, Casey is struggling to find both the fairway and the greens; that will not help in his quest for fitness. On these big greens, proximity to the hole is another huge bonus and Casey is still at over 45' against Goosen's sub 30'. That's enough for me to be on here. R.Sabbatini to beat N.Green (3rd round 2-balls), 4pts @ 5/6 Skybet Nathan Green had a superb opening round but wasn't as good yesterday and finished with a couple of bogeys so that may be a sign of things to come. Sabbatini, meanwhile, is on the up with a cracking last 10 holes yesterday, had 6 birdies there. Green only found 53% of fairways yesterday and was still very short off the tee so only his putting has kept him in this, saving him on a few occasions. Rory has been driving much further, 5th longest this week, and is still putting pretty well so I feel he is well placed to land the spoils here. G.Ogilvy to beat S.O'Hair (3rd round 2-balls), 5pts @ 20/21 Bet365 I'm a big fan of the American but I will be opposing him here. These 2 are tied for 3rd on -11 and both will be keen on a low round to close the gap on Lucas Glover. Ogilvy is the defending champ who had his key round in Round 3 last season, recording a 65. Ogilvy is finding more fairways. putting more consistently and is around 12' closer than his opponent in proximity to hole. He also had a super round of 66 yesterday with a bogey free, 7 birdie round. He broke 70 on 10 of his 18 3rd rounds last season and recorded his 5 lowest rounds of his season in this particular round. Compare that to Sean O'Hair who only broke 70 in 5 of his 18 3rd rounds and recorded his worst round of the campaign in the 3rd too. Clearly, I want O'Hair to do well as I'm on him for the US money list but I believe Ogilvy will continue his charge and bring this bet home.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan G.Ogilvy v S.O'Hair LAY S.O'Hair @ 2.3 Betfair Two great players but i think the defending champion has the slight edge over the young American in almost every department. Crucially for me though is putting, and although O'hair had a great day on the greens yesterday, it is well known this is one part of his game that lets him down, and is something he needs to improve on. On such an easy layout, with so many birdie/eagle opportunities to be had, it really can come down to who is the better putter, and there is no doubt that of the two Ogilvy is, and that could be crucial here. After his immpecable 7 under round yesterday i fully expect the defending champion to be back in robotlike mode today, and shoot at least 5 under making it pretty hard for O'Hair to outscore him. L.Glover to bt J.Rollins @ 1.9 & 1.95 Betfair Bar the odd hole or two, Glover has played some absolutely sublime golf over the last two days and as he leads the way by three shots its obvious this is a man pretty much at the top of his game. Just watching him you can see he is visualizing and executing his shots beautifully, whether that be with a long iron or a 70/80 yard pitch. His touch on the greens has also been something else which as i already mentioned i think is very important. Having pretty much lead from the front in the US Open, Glover won't be looking over his shoulder at the chasing pack, and he should continue to lead the way today with another very low round. These odds are also to big and i'm all over the US Open champ to go lower than his compatriot for the 3rd day in a row. Good luck lads:ok

Without doubt, tonight is make or break for me. As much as I look at these, I do strongly fancy 4 so am going to take them all. I just hope they come off tonight:lol Z.Johnson to beat P.Perez (3rd round 2-balls), 6pts @ 5/6 Skybet:$ Both of these are probably out of contention here so are playing for places, both on -5 at the halfway stage. Perez is not really playing that well and was a little wayward off the tee yesterday whilst Zach is improving and will be keen to get a low round in ahead of the Sony Open next week where he is defending champion. Had 34 putts on Day 1, reducing that by 4 yesterday; I expect further improvement today with the pressure effectively off. Johnson normally improves for a couple of rounds and was 2nd on 3rd round scoring average last season, compared with Perez's 144. That is backed up in the fact that, in Zach's 1st 3 tournaments last season, he was -11 for Rounds 1 & 2 (6 rounds in total) but was -16 total for the 3rd round in those events (3 rounds in total). If that trend can continue and he can shoot a few more birdies, he should take this. R.Goosen to beat P.Casey (3rd round 2-balls), 4pts @ Evs Skybet:ok Both stuck on -7, with identical rounds of 70-69. I think Casey, though, may feel the effects of 2 rounds here on his comeback from injury whilst Retief looks to be getting stronger. The Goose drove an average of 10yds further per hole yesterday, with Casey shorter & shorter and the South African also holds the advantage on the greens. In addition, Casey is struggling to find both the fairway and the greens; that will not help in his quest for fitness. On these big greens, proximity to the hole is another huge bonus and Casey is still at over 45' against Goosen's sub 30'. That's enough for me to be on here. R.Sabbatini to beat N.Green (3rd round 2-balls), 4pts @ 5/6 Skybet:ok Nathan Green had a superb opening round but wasn't as good yesterday and finished with a couple of bogeys so that may be a sign of things to come. Sabbatini, meanwhile, is on the up with a cracking last 10 holes yesterday, had 6 birdies there. Green only found 53% of fairways yesterday and was still very short off the tee so only his putting has kept him in this, saving him on a few occasions. Rory has been driving much further, 5th longest this week, and is still putting pretty well so I feel he is well placed to land the spoils here. G.Ogilvy to beat S.O'Hair (3rd round 2-balls), 5pts @ 20/21 Bet365:ok I'm a big fan of the American but I will be opposing him here. These 2 are tied for 3rd on -11 and both will be keen on a low round to close the gap on Lucas Glover. Ogilvy is the defending champ who had his key round in Round 3 last season, recording a 65. Ogilvy is finding more fairways. putting more consistently and is around 12' closer than his opponent in proximity to hole. He also had a super round of 66 yesterday with a bogey free, 7 birdie round. He broke 70 on 10 of his 18 3rd rounds last season and recorded his 5 lowest rounds of his season in this particular round. Compare that to Sean O'Hair who only broke 70 in 5 of his 18 3rd rounds and recorded his worst round of the campaign in the 3rd too. Clearly, I want O'Hair to do well as I'm on him for the US money list but I believe Ogilvy will continue his charge and bring this bet home.
3 winners there, putting me back to +2.79pts going into the final day. I have 2 outrights still running; 1pt EW on Watney @ 20's, currently -11 (3 off the place, 6 off the lead) 2pts EW on Goosen @ 14's, currently -13 (1 off the place, 4 off the lead) Hopeful for the Goose to sneak place money. Already written off the Watney bet. Well done to the other winners yesterday and good luck for those in the mix tonight such as Laird Top RoW and Glover outright:ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan ;) A very decent day on the 2 ball match ups yesterday: 8 winners (9 inc leader after 3 round bet) 3 losers 3 void (stake returned) :ok

Day 3 I don't think you'll see many decent 6/4 shots worth a bet on this weekend than Lucas Glover winning this tournament now! 3 shot lead and getting stronger each round. We could conceivably see a record score here from Glover for 72 holes played as long as the weather stays good which it is forecast to! The current record for this tournament at this course is held by Ernie Els who scored 261 - Glover's 36 holes score currently stands at 131. Predictions: Leader After Round 3 - Lucas Glover Win @1.50 Paddypower ***** :clap Outright - Lucas Glover Win @2.50 Paddypower ***** 2 Balls - Draw No Bet Michael Bradley v Heath Slocum @2.40 William Hill *** PUSH Quite why there is such a difference in price between these 2 I'll never know! Bradley has improved more between both rounds than Slocum has and with less of a cluttered scorecard. In a 50/50 match up it's seems value to me here. Mark Wilson v YE Yang @2.15 William Hill *** :@ I was very disappointed in Yang yesterday and he has some serious issues with his putter at the moment. His approach play can be brilliant but he is allover the place when ever he gets his putter out! Wilson improved after a horrible start to this tournament in his 1st round and he took that over into a solid 2nd round. If Yang putts the same way as the previous 2 rounds then Wilson should be a good safe bet here. Steve Stricker v Brian Gay @1.50 Paddypower *** :clap The pre tournament favourite Stricker after a horrible 1st round improved for his 2nd round, making more birdies and less bogeys and he should continue this trend into his 3rd round. Gay on the other hand has been steady and nothing more with a mere double bogey & 3 bridies in his 1st round to a single bogey & 3 birdies for his 2nd round. I expect Stricker to win this match based on progress throughtout the rounds. Troy Matteson v Bo Van Pelt @1.85 William Hill *** PUSH Troy had a bogey free round yesterday and 3 birdies compared to Van Pelt's Bogey & Double bogey. I'm going for Troy here based on his improvement yesterday from his 1st round. Zach Johnson v Pat Perez @1.65 William Hill *** :@ Johnson will now be utilising what's left over the next 2 rounds to limber up to defend his Sony Open Crown next week. Whilst not playing spectacularly he's been steady and had a bogey free round yesterday. Perez managed a double bogey & bogey and for consistency Johnson has to be the call here. Stephen Ames v Jerry Kelly @1.67 Paddypower *** :clap Simple logic applied here in that Ames improved on his 1st round yesterday and Kelly hit a worse round from his 1st. Paul Casey v Retief Goosen @1.85 William Hill *** :@ Casey has impressed me so far as I thought he would be considerably off the pace due to little play and coming back from his injury. His putting has been good and the signs are that this could be his best season yet, if he can take advantage in Tiger Woods's absence. Goosen has rather faded over these last few years and hearing Butch Harmon speak about some of his old faults creeping back into his game, I would rather back against Goosen for the forseeable future! Nick Watney v Dustin Johnson @1.85 William Hill *** :clap Watney had a mare of a back nine yesterday when he was in contention bogeying 3 holes on the bounce! This after a bogey free first round! but he showed a resiliance to birdie the last to repair some damage. Johnson is too haphazard for my liking his abilities lie mostly in his whacking big drive and I would much rather plump for the more solid all round game of Watney's to prevail here in this match up. Rory Sabbatini v Nathan Green @1.67 Paddypower *** :clap Green has rather thrown away his chance to catch Glover with 2 bogeys at the tail end of his round yesterday. He has rather digressed from his 1st round great score of -6 to a mere -3 for his 2nd round score. Sabbatini had a superb back nine with 5 birdies yesterday and he improved to a -5 for his 2nd round from -3 for his 1st round score. I'm going with the improver here. Ryan Moore v Stewart Cink @2.00 William Hill *** :clap In a 50/50 match up I have to go with the value here because Moore progressed from his 1st round score yesterday whilst Cink went the other way! Angel Cabrera v Kenny Perry @1.91 Paddypower *** PUSH Again looking at they have both played here it is difficult to split them so with the value at this price I'm plumping for Cabrera to prevail. Martin Laird v Matt Kuchar @2.20 William Hill *** :clap Looking at how both have performed here it is another difficult one to call. However it's always good to watch the commentary from Sky as they give you snippets of information you wouldn't normally pick up on from other media sources which could be the difference. They advised that Kuchar has been suffering with a cold this week and although it's not had that much of an effect on his game here you feel another day if he's still suffering with it, could make it harder for him to progress. The Scott for me here who had a bogey free round yesterday and is impressing in his relatively limited time on The Pga Tour so far and could be a serious contender for a Ryder Cup place this year! Geoff Ogilvy v Sean O'Hair @1.80 Paddypower ***** :clap The reiging champ here who is making a real fist of it to try and retain it! Whilst O'Hair has played extremely well here I feel Ogilvy is playing very well at the moment and he'll be giving it his all to try and reign in Glover. Lucas Glover v John Rollins @1.65 William Hill ***** :clap The way Glover has been playing it would be very hard to conceive that in a match up Rollins could beat him. Rollins has no doubt played superbly well but I get the feeling he is rather punching above his weight and sooner rather than later he'll drop out of contention. :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Yep well done Spooner,Russ and JK :clap..........a good day all round. Not had a look at todays 2 balls as yet, but i would imagine there will be one or two i fancy. On another note, it's good to see so much interest in the golf this week which can only be healthy. Some excellent write ups as always, so lets hope that interest continues throughout the season on both tours.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Yang got the putter going! 3 out of 4 now in the 2-balls heading into the final round. SBS Championship Winner - Lucas Glover @ 3.30 Betfair (£262 to BACK) I thought Lucas Glover would take some catching when setting off in the 3rd round and looked the most likely winner, he lost the lead a bit yesterday and is down to a one stroke lead. That doesn't worry me much as he has played strong golf all week, if he can putt the way he was putting on days 1 & 2 then he should be good enough to win, at the price I'm willing to go in because he finished strongly yesterday and should give him more confidence. 4th Round 2 ball L.Glover to beat G.Ogilvy @ 6/4 Totesport Might aswell throw all my eggs into one basket and go with Glover to beat Ogilvy, I don't really understand the price of 6/4 for a simple match-up, ok Ogilvy has played well this week but does Glover really merit being a 6/4 shot? I think no.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Glover showed balls after surrendering the lead with 2 bogeys in quick succession on 7 & 8 in yesterday's round then getting back 4 birdies to go -2 for yesterday's round to be just 1 clear. Ogilvy played very well yesterday going -5 for the round in his attempt to reel in Glover. He'll believe he's got a great chance here to win back to back and who'd disagree now. It really should be an exciting final round with 9 players within 4 shots of the leader! I have slips on Ogilvy outright EW - O'Hair outright EW and a win on Glover! Also I have Yang outright EW but his mare 2nd round could cost me, but you never know he might sneak into a share of a place! Day 4 Although Glover is 1 shot ahead of Ogilvy you would have to say that Ogilvy's great experience in matchplay competition is a huge asset to have and not just because I stand to make more profit from an Ogilvy win, but it will come down to who has the better mentalilty and I believe Ogilvy's will prevail here in the end! 2 balls - Draw No Bet: Mark Wilson v Nathan Green @1.83 Paddypower *** Both players out of contention but on very differing paths. Green has got progressively worse each round played 67,70 & 77. Wilson has got progressively better each round played 74,71 &70. Ryan Moore v Martin Laird @1.73 Paddypower *** Moore seems to get better each round he has played 69, 68 & 68. Whilst Laird is bang in there he has not been tested for being in contention in a field like this before. He is also marginally getting progressively worse round by round 67, 68 & 69. 2 ball - inc Draw Geoff Ogilvy v Lucas Glover @1.73 Paddypower *** Ogilvy's greater match play experience will stand him good stead here and I can see him prevailing over Glover who has no doubt played some wonderful golf in this tournament. Ogilvy always does well early in the season and this title can be added to his resume. :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Going to have a stab at one 2 ball for tonight and see how I get on, my golf knowledge is very minimal but due to following a few tips on here I have been watching this tournament. I think I have found a bit of value here so going to opt for this: Michael Bradley v Bo Van Pelt @ 13/8 (PaddyPower) 2pt stake Bradley's scores have been improving as the week goes on with scores of 73, 72 and 71 so far (70 tonight anyone?), on the other hand it has been up and down for Van Pelt who has shot 72, 70 and 73. Bradley has had 7 bogeys this week and 2 double bogeys which came on the first day. His back 9 has been better than his front 9 all week so if he can hit a better score in the front 9 today he should be fairly confortable going into the back 9. Van Pelt had an awful time yesterday hitting 3 bogeys and only 3 birdies whereas in his first 2 rounds he had a total of 10 birdies and 2 bogeys although he did hit 2 double bogeys along the way. Seems to have a bit of inconsistency this week so who knows what he will shoot today.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Let's hope everyone's good form can continue into the final round:ok. I'm going with 2 tonight. Z.Johnson to beat S.Ames (4th round 2-balls), 3pts @ Evs Stan James I backed Zach yesterday but he was never really in it after 2 opening bogeys. Add to that a double at 17, then -2 wasn't a bad round. Ames did the same with bogeys at 1 & 2 but no more for a 71. I think Zach will settle better in this match up as he is not facing a long driver so won't be intimidated. He's been pretty good from the fairway, although Ames has been even better but the key on the final day is always how they do on the short stuff. Stephen has been poor on the carpet and isn't getting any better taking 34 putts yesterday. Johnson meanwhile has been much better and has improved round on round after a shaky start. Has had 5 more birdies too than Ames and if he can settle early, I wouldn't be surprised to see Zach card a 66 or 67 ahead of his Sony Open defence next week. K.Perry to beat P.Perez (4th round 2-balls), 4pts @ 10/11 William Hill Perez was awesome yesterday, carding a 67, and it was his accuracy from the fairway that was key. Clearly, he had momentum after seeing his playing partner open with a pair of bogeys and then himself eagling 5. As alluded to above, putting though will be the key stat and he's been distinctly average on the green. Kenny Perry is a very experienced campaigner and is somebody to have on side in the final round of any tournament. Yesterday, had 4 bogeys in 10 holes yet still finished with a 70. I cannot see those mistakes creeping in today and I feel a Perry charge may be on. No-one has hit more birdies than Kenny this week and with his putter on fire, I expect him to take this comfortably. Still have Watney (no chance really) and Goosen running for me. The Goose has thrown away quite a few leads in the last 12 months so, with the pressure off as he lies a few shots back, I'm hoping for a low round to hopefully bring in the place money:hope Good luck all, should be a great end to a great opening event.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Been watching this so I'll have a play on the final day. Not sure about Glover, he's been leading for a long time and I think he's struggle on the final day. If he does he could drag Ogilvy down with him, although at this stage Ogilvy does seem the most likely winner. Laird has been pretty solid, but in this company might be outgunned on the final day. So I'll look to 3 guys to come from the pack and win at fancy prices...

Sport Golf
Event SBS Championship
Selection Ryan Moore E/W (1/5, 1-3) (Each-Way)
Strength 3/10
Date 10/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 15.00 (Back)
Reasoning Moore is a player that I like, and I backed him late in the tournament he won last year. He's been really solid in this tournament and is in a good position, 3 off the lead and in the second last group. He had a really good round yesterday without dropping a shot. The key to this could be the first 9 holes, where he has been really strong and can get himself into contention and put the pressure on. In the 1st 9 holes this week he is -8, compared to Glover -6 (which includes eagling 9th twice, could do without that!), Ogilvy -7 and Laird -4. So I'll take him to get off to the good start then see what happens.
Sport Golf
Event SBS Championship
Selection John Rollins E/W (1/5, 1-3)
Strength 2/10
Date 10/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 41.00 (Back)
Reasoning Rollins had a bad day yesterday in the wind which was a shame, but still he's only 4 off the lead. Now that's he a bit further back, pressure off, he could come out firing again. He played really well the first two days, and he's another guy who's been good in the first 9 holes, going -7 so far this week. If he can get something going early on then he definately has a chance.
Sport Golf
Event SBS Championship
Selection Kenny Perry E/W (1/5, 1-3)
Strength 2/10
Date 10/01/2010
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 51.00 (Back)
Reasoning Perry is a guy I like to be on on the final day. He's 5 behind which may be one too many but at this price he could still return some tasty E/W money. He really struggled early on yesterday but finished strong and could take that into his round today. He's hit more bogies than most in contention but I'm attracted to him today because he's hit a lot of birdies. He's a guy that if he gets on a roll can shoot a really low round and get himself into contention.

R. Sabbatini e/w at 40 to 1. A very hard tournament to predict obviously with it being tye start of the season and all, but he did have a good World Cup which wasn't that long ago. This course is a par 73 and is 7400 yards long anyone looking to win it must be long off the tee. Bermuda grass on the green and he has a good record on this course all be it from 2001 when he came 2nd, He did play it in 2007 when he finished tied 13th. worth a punt to keep the interest up.Also like the look of Ogilvy but gone with the value in sabbatini. May have a small punt on him too e/w. Best of luck everyone.:loon
Bit early in the final round, but this top pick is keeping me interested! He's on fire at the moment, six under for the round and tied first with Ogilvy at the moment on -17. Glad I followed you and fingers crossed he can post a tournament winning score to lump the pressure on those still on the course!!:hope

Going to have a stab at one 2 ball for tonight and see how I get on, my golf knowledge is very minimal but due to following a few tips on here I have been watching this tournament. I think I have found a bit of value here so going to opt for this: Michael Bradley v Bo Van Pelt @ 13/8 (PaddyPower) 2pt stake Bradley's scores have been improving as the week goes on with scores of 73, 72 and 71 so far (70 tonight anyone?), on the other hand it has been up and down for Van Pelt who has shot 72, 70 and 73. Bradley has had 7 bogeys this week and 2 double bogeys which came on the first day. His back 9 has been better than his front 9 all week so if he can hit a better score in the front 9 today he should be fairly confortable going into the back 9. Van Pelt had an awful time yesterday hitting 3 bogeys and only 3 birdies whereas in his first 2 rounds he had a total of 10 birdies and 2 bogeys although he did hit 2 double bogeys along the way. Seems to have a bit of inconsistency this week so who knows what he will shoot today.
My first ever Golf tip and its a winner :nana +3.25 for the tournament :lol Might get a bit more involved in the coming tournaments but maybe in the latter stages so I get to know the players a bit better.

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Both the 2-balls win on the final day with Perry winning by 1 and Johnson by 3. However, both outrights failed to make the required move on the final day & finished out of the places. It was enough however to put me in profit for the week and I finished at +3.43pts. That's profit in the opening tournaments on both this & the European Tour. Got to be pleased with that. Roll on the Sony:ok Well done to everyone in this thread. A win on Ogilvy, EW on Sabbatini, EW on O'Hair (shared) and EW on Laird Top RoW. Great stuff:clap

Hi guys, Happy days this year with sky sports getting the rights to the PGA, nothin against setanta but they made a right mess of last year for me. Have always been a small stake man in the golf, somethin to keep me interested, I am looking forward to seeing how rory mc ilroy does this year in america especially with no tiger for the forseable future. Have been following his progress since he was a young lad, a tremendous talent. Also looking for a big year from graham mc dowell this year to step into the limelight with a bang. Could be a great year for the Irish this year with three of the twelve making up the Ryder Cup, These two and obviously Harrington who i wouldn't rule out for another major this year with a bit of luck.Anyway enough rabitting on about the start of the season. Time to take a pick in this weeks event..... R. Sabbatini e/w at 40 to 1. A very hard tournament to predict obviously with it being tye start of the season and all, but he did have a good World Cup which wasn't that long ago. This course is a par 73 and is 7400 yards long anyone looking to win it must be long off the tee. Bermuda grass on the green and he has a good record on this course all be it from 2001 when he came 2nd, He did play it in 2007 when he finished tied 13th. worth a punt to keep the interest up.Also like the look of Ogilvy but gone with the value in sabbatini. May have a small punt on him too e/w. Best of luck everyone.:loon
A real good start to the year, What a round by sabbatini, missed one on the last too which would have taken him to -22, Well done to anyone that followed me with those picks,Good profit made with both of them. bring on next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - SBS Championship 7-10 Jan Not bad!!! 1st & Joint 4th!!! ;)

Geoff Ogilvy @10.00 EW (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4) William Hill :ok Became the 3rd start to finish winner of this event joining Vijay Singh & Ernie Els since this event moved to this course in 1999. Ogilvy destroyed the field last year in this event by 6 shots and he is the only previous winner in the field here. Ogilvy always starts the season off strong and he ended last season with some decent finishes after a mid season slump when finishing 4th in The Dubai World Championship in Nov 09. Sean O'Hair @13.00 EW (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4) William Hill :ok Experience here at this course will be vital and O'Hair used his 1st experience here to improve to a very respectable 4th place finish here last year when he recorded a superb final round 65. He finished last season off with a very decent 5th place finish in The Chevron World Challenge. I expect now for him to be a real live contender here. :ok

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Sony Open 14-17 Jan 6 of the last 7 winners here have played in the season opening tournament so thats where I'm taking my player pool from. It's a tight course, important to putt well and drive well. Additionally, in the last two years, both winners have played well on the weekend before and carried the momentum forward. On that note... Brian Gay @ 46 - hit a solid 70-70 over the weekend but what strikes me here is his stats. Top for driving accuracy and 2nd in putts per round. Additionally was 5under for his last 10holes last week so hopefully he'll carry that momentum through. Won two similar tournaments last year on short courses which are low scoring. Had his best finish here last year (5th) after warming up the winners tournament and hit four rounds 68 or under. Having proven himself as someone who's not afraid to win with a game to suit the course and his game looking in decent shape, he looks a very good price. Pat Perez @ 51 - hit 10 under over the weekend with only 2 bogeys. Was 2nd in GIR and 5th for driving accuracy. His putting was so hot but I'm not too worried as it was still ave under 1.8/gir and he has been one of the most consistent putters over the last couple of years. Pat also has a strange but decent record here. He has played 8times, has 2 top 10s and 3 other top 20s. Missed the cut here last year but that wont put me off considering how he played last week and his general course form. Looks a decent price for someone who generally starts the year well. Last year he won on his second start of the season - hopefully he'll do the same again! Steve Stricker @ 15 A much better price for Stricker this week in a tournament which suits him better. He improved a lot throughout the week last week - no bogeys in the last 43 holes including 15 birdies. He hit the ball straight as ever and his reliable putting stroke improved in each round. His form at he Sony Open in the last 3 years is T23-T4-T4 so he clearly enjoys playing here and having improved his ability to close out tournaments (3 wins in his last 12 PGA events where the highest winning score at 17under). Considering we now know he's playing well and on a course that suits it's a very good to get nearly twice as big a price as next week. Win only on Steve so lets see what he can do for us! GL:hope

Re: Golf: PGA Tour 2010 - Sony Open 14-17 Jan :clapHi everyone two picks for myself this week S. Stricker @14 to 1 e/w In great form coming into this tournament,finished with a 66 last sunday, cobwebs are truley gone after the short break and has a trumendous record here over the last few years. Very good in the wind too which is good on this course as its very open to the elements. B. Molder@ 75 to 1 e/w Absolutely taring it apart in australia in the close season and looking very sharp comin into it. Did miss the last two cuts here before but never had a close season before those two tornaments. Very confident on stricker but worth the punt on this lad at big odds. best of luck all.:hope