Microsystems

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Microsystems No Bet Sunday. Well at least since the last results update there has been a bit of an improvement with 2 winners, at 5/1 and 3/1, from 8 bets for a profit of 2pts. The aw and jumps systems have produced decent profits but the turf flat has not performed as expected and lets hope todays winner is the start of a trend! bets 90 wins 27 S/R 30% stakes 90pts profit 14.97pts ROI(yield) 16.63%

Re: Microsystems 530Wolv El Libertador 4/1 bog generally 740Wind Gene Autry 1/1 bog generally I think El Liberator looks a good bet as its first appearance at the track lto was its best run for sometime from a poor draw and today Wheeler uses his go to jok-yes a 5lb claimer but he has ridden 4 of Wheelers 6 winners, from only 15 rides, in the last year. All bets are win only on the thread but I will be having a decent ew.

Re: Microsystems UNLIKELY TO BE ANY BET TUEDAY Will recheck the systems in the morning but unlikely any bets. No damage today with a winner at evens and a loser but yet again we are not having our share of luck with El Libertador being heavily backed in and beating all the other gambled/fancied horses to be caught by a 20/1 outsider. At least most of the selections are running well-I would be more concerned if they were all finishing at the back of the field.

Re: Microsystems 840Newbury Machu Picchu 7/1 bog betfred, stanjames, ladbrokes, coral Sorry folks I missed one and so there is a bet today. This comes from a system based on horses having their first outing for a new yard in a handicap chase although I recall this was a poor performer in four runs for Jonjo in the winter after a couple of years off the track. It has however dropped down the weights and the big question is whether this less well known yard can get it back to the level it ran at three years ago in France. Most of the selections for the system are when horses go from small mediocre yards to better trainers but Jamie Snowden is ok with chasers.

Re: Microsystems 325Winc Ajman 5/4 bog bet365 515carl Piste 3/1 sportingbet, sky (after 3 NR's) 740bath Secret Millionaire 4/1 bog bet365, ladbrokes 820Kemp requisite 11/4 bog bet365, betfred, ladbrokes, hills A busy day. I have looked at the form and think they all have decent chances although Humidor looks a danger in the 740.

Re: Microsystems 220war Boy The Bell 4/1 bog hills (new market 2 & 7 NR's) 420gdwd Super Yellow 5/1 bog stanjames 610newc Whispered Times 4/1 sky Yesterday Secret Millionaire and Piste were well beaten, Ajman lost by a head to a 14/1 shot but Requisite saved the day by winning well. The bog advised price was 11/4 but the drift to 7/2 meant that a 0.5pt profit was made on the day. I am away for the weekend but will try to put up Fridays bets tonight. Will take my laptop with me but not sure if I will have an internet connection so apologies in advance if no posts sat/sun. Still unhappy with the turf results-yesterdays winner and narrow loser were on the aw and jumps. I will undertake a detailed reappraisal of the flat systems at the end of the month.

Re: Microsystems RESULTS UPDATE I will put up Fridays bets later this evening. Happier with todays runners as 2 of the 3 ran really well, the winner Whispered Times advised at 4/1 (no deduction for the NRs) and Super Yellow was 3L clear of the field beaten by the outsider on its first run for a new yard after gelding. The stats happen, by pure chance, to be mathematically simple after exactly 100 bets- bets 100 wins 30 S/R 30% stakes 100pts profit 16.47pts ROI(yield) 16.47%

Re: Microsystems 620Kemp Special Quality 5/2 bog hills, coral, stanjames, bet365 710Chep Bermondsy Bob 7/2 bog bet365, hills, ladbrokes Bermondsy Bob was 9/2 earlier and has been cut by all bookies, sorry didnt put it up earlier. Athboy Auction was poor yesterday but Ace Of Spies drifted to a suprising 11/2 and won well for a profit of 4.5pts on the day.

Re: Microsystems REVIEW FOR HALF YEAR-1ST JAN TO 30 JUNE 2010. As the Microsystems thread has now been operating for 6 months I thought I should do a brief review particularly as I said the turf systems would be reassessed if there was no improvement following the long losing run in early June. It will also form a benchmark to compare with the next 6 months. Well we have seen a fair level of improvement recently with 6 wins from the last 17 bets. Still not 100% happy but no need for drastic action except I will withdraw temporarily one of the flat constituents which has performed poorly in order to reappraise it. I expected about 300 bets a year but we have only had 107 so far. This was partly due to the freeze up in the winter but I expect more bets in the next 2 months and around 230/250 bets by the year end. The strike rate and yield are behind the figures I achieved last year before starting the thread but overall I am happy with a profit not far below 20% on turnover. Roll on the next 6 months! bets 107 wins 32 S/R 29.9% stakes 107pts profit 20.47pts ROI(yield) 19.1%

Re: Microsystems Definitely no bet today. A good start to the second half of the year. The update bet ran poorly but Marjury Daw won easily at 5/1. There is no deduction to the advised 8/1 as one Nr was out before I posted and the second a big price. So 2pts staked and 9 returned for a 7pt profit!