** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Champions League » Dec 09

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League » Dec 09

I will not give any chance for the bookies tonigth to take my money... :spank Sevillia-Rangers Definetly a blanck match in terms of qualification meanings . Sevillia are on top spot of the group , and to ensure that they only need a point... in case that Urziceni beats Stuttgart :eek . Louis Fabiano , their best player , is for sure missing this game along with other first teammates . They will have a B squad on the field . But thats not the point . Neither in Rangers plans isn`t much to gain from a good result here . They are last in the group , and even if the money and prestige counts , they know from the beggining that is useless to put to much effort in a revenge battle with a better team , who also plays infrount of their own fans ! My betting angle in this match will be a rather non-ortodox one ! We all know for fact , that 888 on the Sevillia t-shorts means nonthing else than a betting agency . :unsure I don`t know what problems are in the team but they fail on usual basis to deliver the win , wen their price on the betting market is low . Yeah... last three matches at home confirms that . :unsure But they are also not lossing... to keep the apparences... maybe ?! ;) DRAW @5.00 / coral - 1:0 - :wall , did bookies read this and adjusted the strategy ? :lol ...... Standard-Alkmaar This could be a real open match with many goals . The belgians have some players missing , and not a good streak of results lately . They draw at home with G.B . last game , coming from behind to secure a 2-2 . The AZ-ets have dissmist their coach recently , and apointed a new one . Although he is not in charge yet ! for this game they play with second in comand coach ! They come here very motivated to get a full 3 points . Only a win , will give meaning to this game . They need 3 points to play in EUROPA-CUP in the next stages . Whit their attack posibilities , the shacky results from the belgians , the starting from zero after coach dissmisal , the must win category of the game-were they are the dogs.... I will give them full credit to do it ! to win this match . AZ WIN @4.20 / bet365 - 1:1 - :wall so close , so close , so close.... .......... Suttgart-Unirea Yeah it`s a must win for Stuttgart... this time realy ! yeah... :rollin I`ll give here the full credit to the team of my country . They have 2 players out for this clash -captain Galamaz , and Maftei center-back . But this is the game of their life . Their power is in the team and not in the players individual . The coach Petrescu , is one of the most profesional who exists . Hard training , possesion , pases , keep the temper , discipline... are his teachings , and the players respond very well ! He is now in discutions with the federation of Scotland to take over the national team ! Stuttgart have also missing and doubtful players ! a medium list... They fired Babel , and have a new coach now , but personaly I`m not sure that that was the problem with the incapity of winning games that Stuttgart has . I will ignore the new-coach sindrome in a game with a romanian team who will give it all to obtain the one of two results neded to achive the dream of their lifes . DRAW @3.75 / bet365 - 3:1 - :wall this went well , :cry ....... Liverpool-Fiorentina A game between pride and one point to secure the first spot . Liverpool is unreliable till now . Maybe Torres will start the game , but there are rumours that it will be a young team on the field against italians . I think Rafa will not give to much on the pride thing , when he has to save the season from now on . The qualification is missed and there goes the motivation , to give it all on the field tonight . For what ? For public ? They have an important match with Arsenal on Sunday , and now Benitez might try something new to check his complet options for future . Fiorentina have some injuried players , but they come here with their mind not to lose , to secure the first spot in the group . Being an italian team they will probably aim their goal easily enough . Liverpool not able to win the games recently , faces an italian team who only needs a point ! hmmm... let me guess , :zzz DRAW @3.40 / stanjames - 1:2 - :wall , wtf ? :unsure :hope
90 minutes goals ruined my profit... :sad

Liverpool 1-2Fiorentina
Like I said earlier on, Liverpool, as usual, always letting people down. So glad I didn't bet on them today.;) However, Intermilan let me down today. 2nd time this season! :wall I went with a 3-fold Intermilan & Barcelona over 2.5 goals + sevilla under 2.5 :sad Hope everyone else did better than yesterday!:ok
Well some did and some didn't. It seems like nothing was learned from the previous night really. So many went big on teams with nothing to play for again:eek It would be good if somebody compiled stats on these types of games. That would be really interesting. I think I'll have a word with 'Statto':lol

I guess I'm not the only one that was gutted to see Liege equalize' date=' then even more gutted to find out it was there keeper that scored!!:spank[/quote'] I loved it. I didn't bet but I'm a big fan... what a goal! a lot of strikers can't head the bal into the nets like that!!

I guess I'm not the only one that was gutted to see Liege equalize' date=' then even more gutted to find out it was there keeper that scored!!:spank[/quote'] I know, unbelievable. I had a 3 figure sum on AZ, wish I'd traded out now (obviously).

My bet of the night. Arsenal +2 Corners (Corner Handicap) @ 6/5 (StanJames) Arsenal always get a fair few corners in games, and with Walcott playing we should get more than usual. I'm not really sure how Olympiakos do in terms of corners, but with the amount of possesion Arsenal will have, the 6/5 is very tastey. High stakes for me.
Great call :ok.

I loved it. I didn't bet but I'm a big fan... what a goal! a lot of strikers can't head the bal into the nets like that!!
It is Turkish Head mate ;D
****' date=' I think that was it. I am quitting betting for a good while. I mean it's fun, but you just don't make money long term. Have a nice evening for those who won.[/quote'] well mate I think you shouldnt have bet high stakes on cup matches, trust me league matches are much easier to guess what result is compare to cup matches such as Champions league , uefa etc. Just avoid yourself betting on cups that is all, keep betting on regular league matches ;) dont leave us !

It is Turkish Head mate ;D well mate I think you shouldnt have bet high stakes on cup matches, trust me league matches are much easier to guess what result is compare to cup matches such as Champions league , uefa etc. Just avoid yourself betting on cups that is all, keep betting on regular league matches ;) dont leave us !
Thanks for the motivation. Of course I will not leave you. Wait a couple of days and I will be back betting like crazy :) And you really can make money. I have done. I was just a bad day today - a part of the game. Champions Leauge is hard. Yes it is. But, the upside is the odds; home wins/favourites are more unlikely to win, and this is reflected in the odds, as many games have 2, 3 and even more odds. BesiktasFC - did you win today?

If it's so easy' date=' how come you're not sat on a beach in the Bahamas, and instead sat in front of a computer, posting in a gambling forum?[/quote'] Easy money is relative tough?;) No one will bet everything he has on a single pick and a single winner won't make people rich but will help to make long-term profit. Still the pick can be an easy winner in regards to odds/value and a clear result in favour of your bet :ok

Thanks for the motivation. Of course I will not leave you. Wait a couple of days and I will be back betting like crazy :) And you really can make money. I have done. I was just a bad day today - a part of the game. Champions Leauge is hard. Yes it is. But, the upside is the odds; home wins/favourites are more unlikely to win, and this is reflected in the odds, as many games have 2, 3 and even more odds. BesiktasFC - did you win today?
you are welcome , no I didn't bet anything today , I just dont like cup matches, I keep my money for the weekend :)

So far took Goal/Goal in Lyon @ 2,10 with 5/10 My second is Over 2,5 Goals in Liege. Both teams will be out to win, both teams like and need their further Euro games. The draw would fine for hosts, but Boloni knows better than that - playing for a draw vs a Dutch team is dangerous, no matter how bad the AZ stats look. Alkemaar players should be relaxed now that Koeman is gone. Both teams posses good attacking options, have the feeling of 2-2, 3-2 high-scoring game. 4/10 and 0,25 pts on Jovanovic FGS Each Way. GL P.S. And followed some good posts here with Over 2,5 Goals in Kyiv All bet365
No good!!!

well mate I think you shouldnt have bet high stakes on cup matches, trust me league matches are much easier to guess what result is compare to cup matches such as Champions league , uefa etc. Just avoid yourself betting on cups that is all, keep betting on regular league matches ;) dont leave us !
+1 :ok plus never back teams that have nothing to play for ...ie. liverpool

****' date=' I think that was it. I am quitting betting for a good while. I mean it's fun, but you just don't make money long term. Have a nice evening for those who won.[/quote'] It is possible to make money in the long run.There are lots of factors,but dicipline and patience are two huge ones.Wait for the good opportunities.Don't throw good money away,just because there are matches on.You're betting without an edge.Some people bet for the fun,pleasure they get watching a match etc.But if you want to make profit don't or at least if you have to bet small....good luck when you do start betting again.

I'm not normally a champs league man' date='but Fiorentina have a few injury worries tonight.Of their starting 11 only Gilardino(7 gls) has scored a league goal for them this season.I'm sure the pool will be playing for pride,hopefully that will be enough,plus they have named a reasonable side....going 2/10 @ 20/23 Boyles...good luck...[/quote'] And now I remember why I don't normally bet on the champs league....

And now I remember why I don't normally bet on the champs league....
Tell me about it..... Every midweek I've seen something that interests me. I can't remember a single midweek this season that has gone well. Liverpool are truly terrible.

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 @ Luckoftheirish & Jase82 & Besiktas i have read most of your posts over the past week and you three do seem very knowledgeable. How would you recommend starting off then, i am new to betting but have many times this season placed a £500 double on what i would consider 2 naps ie utd, celtic @ home 1/4 & 1/5 respectively, just to try and get a little return back. I am happy to bet £500 in order to win £100 but ideally would not like to lose the £500 if you know what i mean. However i would say i have won maybe 3/5 so overall i am out of pocket by a lot too :@ I have only joined this website a few days ago and have noticed there is a lot of betting on the amount of goals scored in a game, would you say that is what i would be best looking at in the future or need to look at the bigger picture? thanks in advance!

@ Luckoftheirish & Jase82 & Besiktas i have read most of your posts over the past week and you three do seem very knowledgeable. How would you recommend starting off then, i am new to betting but have many times this season placed a £500 double on what i would consider 2 naps ie utd, celtic @ home 1/4 & 1/5 respectively, just to try and get a little return back. I am happy to bet £500 in order to win £100 but ideally would not like to lose the £500 if you know what i mean. However i would say i have won maybe 3/5 so overall i am out of pocket by a lot too :@ I have only joined this website a few days ago and have noticed there is a lot of betting on the amount of goals scored in a game, would you say that is what i would be best looking at in the future or need to look at the bigger picture? thanks in advance!
Hi 8oyley.I only have a short time but I'll try a little advice.Firstly everyone has their own betting style but if you're losing money and want to win then maybe it's time to look at your approach.Firstly the odds are very important,you have to understand them.With your 1/4 and 1/5 double your getting 1.5 odds but there are 9 outcomes.I know your double is the favourite but you're getting a 1/2 favourite in a nine horse race.The bookies set the odds so that they will win in the long run and also they've got a lot more money than you or me,so they can afford to take a hit and still eat you up next time. To beat these odds you have to be patient.So you've got your 500 to bet.Why do you have to bet it today.If you have to bet then why not a 20 double here and there on what you fancy and keep say 400 for the real bet.The bet where you have great team news,like team B are missing their 3 strikers who have scored all their goals,they're away from home and have to drive 6 hours in a coach and also have played yesterday in the cup,going to extra time and penalties.Now bet on team A at odds of 1/2 and you've got a 1 in 3 chance of winning and a big edge.... It takes a bit of research but get on the net and google.I could be here for the day with tips but hope this helped.Send me a personal message if you want.I think you have to post 50 times first....Always look at the bigger picture,in fact look at the biggest picture you can find....The best of Irish luck to you.....

If it's so easy' date=' how come you're not sat on a beach in the Bahamas, and instead sat in front of a computer, posting in a gambling forum?[/quote'] Because I don't have the patience or discapline to follow a strict staking plan :lol No need to get offensive though, I'm only here to help you lot. A lot of the time I don't even follow my own tips. :ok

Hi 8oyley.I only have a short time but I'll try a little advice.Firstly everyone has their own betting style but if you're losing money and want to win then maybe it's time to look at your approach.Firstly the odds are very important,you have to understand them.With your 1/4 and 1/5 double your getting 1.5 odds but there are 9 outcomes.I know your double is the favorite but you're getting a 1/2 favorite in a nine horse race.The bookies set the odds so that they will win in the long run and also they've got a lot more money than you or me,so they can afford to take a hit and still eat you up next time. To beat these odds you have to be patient.So you've got your 500 to bet.Why do you have to bet it today.If you have to bet then why not a 20 double here and there on what you fancy and keep say 400 for the real bet.The bet where you have great team news,like team B are missing their 3 strikers who have scored all their goals,they're away from home and have to drive 6 hours in a coach and also have played yesterday in the cup,going to extra time and penalties.Now bet on team A at odds of 1/2 and you've got a 1 in 3 chance of winning and a big edge.... It takes a bit of research but get on the net and google.I could be here for the day with tips but hope this helped.Send me a personal message if you want.I think you have to post 50 times first....Always look at the bigger picture,in fact look at the biggest picture you can find....The best of Irish luck to you.....
Total agreement. Keep things small and don't just bet because you have to. If you've had a successful week, don't feel that you need to keep betting. Go smaller for the next week or so, before you find something that really sticks out at you, and then plow into it. I will add also that this forum is excellent for pointing you in the right direction, but similarly it is very easy to be led in the wrong direction occasionally. If you see good advice, do your own research and never ever blindly back one persons tip. At the end of the day all we have are opinions, and no one knows what the actual outcome will be, regardless of how nailed on a selection appears.

Total agreement. Keep things small and don't just bet because you have to. If you've had a successful week, don't feel that you need to keep betting. Go smaller for the next week or so, before you find something that really sticks out at you, and then plow into it. I will add also that this forum is excellent for pointing you in the right direction, but similarly it is very easy to be led in the wrong direction occasionally. If you see good advice, do your own research and never ever blindly back one persons tip. At the end of the day all we have are opinions, and no one knows what the actual outcome will be, regardless of how nailed on a selection appears.
Very sound advice also and absolutely true.....A punter will lose every so often,nobody can predict the future 100% but if you follow a sound strict betting system,with some study thrown in you should make money in the long run.....