** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Champions League » Dec 09

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League » Dec 09 Christian Gross? Stuttgart's saviour? With respect to him, this isn't the Swiss League. He's now officially the boss of the biggest set of underachievers since my family. Can he really change them into winners in three days? The good news is they will definitely be staying in a European competition regardless of the result. Realistically though, Gross must know even if they reach the knockout phase they will be sitting ducks. The better option would probably be to drop into the Europa League, against easier opposition and something they might have a genuine chance in if they get themselves sorted out. There's no denying they look lively against Bochum, but not great creativily. They also let 10 man Bochum equalise which, at any level is inexcuseable. This is a massive game for Gross. Win it, he's a bit of a hero. Lose it, he's Christian Gross. Difficult one. But you have to lean towards Unirea at 9/2.

Re: Champions League » Dec 09

Christian Gross? Stuttgart's saviour? With respect to him, this isn't the Swiss League. He's now officially the boss of the biggest set of underachievers since my family. Can he really change them into winners in three days? The good news is they will definitely be staying in a European competition regardless of the result. Realistically though, Gross must know even if they reach the knockout phase they will be sitting ducks. The better option would probably be to drop into the Europa League, against easier opposition and something they might have a genuine chance in if they get themselves sorted out. There's no denying they look lively against Bochum, but not great creativily. They also let 10 man Bochum equalise which, at any level is inexcuseable. This is a massive game for Gross. Win it, he's a bit of a hero. Lose it, he's Christian Gross. Difficult one. But you have to lean towards Unirea at 9/2.
If he remembers his underground pass when he leaves the house he'll be ok:rollin Come on Unirea 11/2 at Skybet:ok

If your statement is true, then you got yourself an unbeatable accy with Lyon - 3,5 AH, Olympiacos - 1,5 AH, Sevilla - 2,5 AH...
PaddyP had a Nicko Special on for the above so I put a Few Hundred cents on it for Fun! :loon

Have Kiev even had the ball apart from that goal? Just the 80% possession for Barca. They will score' date=' just a matter of time.[/quote'] I just fear if Barca will go forward they can miss Kiev's counter attack.Remember Rubin's game?After 1-0 it was all Barca...finished 2-0.But...if Barca lose tonight they can be out of CL.they need atleast 1 point here.Just to be safe i put small bet on draw so can have my money back. Inter 1-0 now...doesn't look good for Barca then.

Anybody watching Stugart vs Urinea? What's happening there ' date='how can it be 3-0 in HT given that the guest being rated as a very good defensive team?[/quote'] Unirea players couldn`t handle the presure ! To much for them . Their knees were shaking . :( Now its all or nothing , both teams play on counters...

Olympique Lyonnais vs Debrecen: Advice: Over 2.5 goals. Odds: 1.60 - Betfair.com. I think alot of people expect Lyonnais to demolish Debrecen tonight and I think there are good reasons for that. It has been a bit up and down with goals for both teams as of late and both have had some 1-1 draw results. I have followed some Lyon matches when they were playing at home and must say that they are playing extremely well, and that the draw results have been a bit unlucky. Lyon should hammer them tonight as I think they will want to win. Lyonnais probable starting 11: Lloris; Clerc, Cris, Boumsong, Reveillere; Gonalons, Kallstrom; Michel Bastos, Ederson, Cesar Delgado; Lisandro. Ruled out: Defenders Cleber Anderson and Mathieu Bodmer, both of whom have been long-term issues. Left-back Aly Cissokho has been suffering from a groin injury of late, so he may be kept back once more. Holding midfielders Jeremy Toulalan and Maxime Gonalons are both slowly being reintroduced to the first team, with the latter involved on the bench at the weekend. Michel Bastos will return to the team after missing the defeat in Lille due to suspension. Debrecen probable starting 11: Pantic; Bodnar, Szelesi, Komlosi, Leandro; Kiss; Czvitkovics, Ramos, Varga, Laczko; Rudolf Leandro (knee) and Jozsef Varga (ankle) are expected to overcome their ailments to feature. Peter Biro, Peter Mate, David Mohl and Dudu are not registered to play in the competition. Dynamo Kiev vs FC Barcelona: Advice: Over 2.5 goals. Odds: 1.99 - Betfair.com. Time for Dynamo to play at home versus the best team in the world, and certainly the strongest line-up tonight. Barcelona have been a bit up and down as of late, but their coach have done quite a bit of experimenting with younger players and they have had some injuries. Barcelona take some cups seriously and others less serious and we all know they have won the Champions League several times. Tonight will be no exception as I think they will try to burst Dynamo Kiev's CL bubble quite early in the game and then hammer them after that. I do still think that Dynamo Kiev are able to score though, and with two teams of their quality, I expect some goals to hit the net tonight. Hence the reason for the over 2.5 goals bet. Historically it is 12 years ago since Kiev have beaten Barcelona on a visit and where they then won the game 3-0. Barcelona are unbeaten in eight away matches in the UEFA Champions League. Dynamo Kiev probable starting 11: Shovkovskyi, Yussuf, Eremenko, Betao, Magrao, Mikhalik, Ninkovic, Vukojevic, Shevchenko, Milevskyy, Yarmolenko. FC Barcelona probable starting 11: Valdes, Abidal, Puyol, Pique, Alves, Xavi, Yaya, Iniesta, Henry, Ibrahimovic and Messi. I would normally say that Barcelona straight win is a banker as that line-up is gonna be extremely tough, but Dynamo Kiev's line-up arent that bad and they are still more than capable of scoring. Both teams to score would be a good bet but I expect more than that. Good luck!
:ok:nana

My bet of the night. Arsenal +2 Corners (Corner Handicap) @ 6/5 (StanJames) Arsenal always get a fair few corners in games, and with Walcott playing we should get more than usual. I'm not really sure how Olympiakos do in terms of corners, but with the amount of possesion Arsenal will have, the 6/5 is very tastey. High stakes for me.
Easy money again :beer

Liverpool 1-2Fiorentina
Like I said earlier on, Liverpool, as usual, always letting people down. So glad I didn't bet on them today.;) However, Intermilan let me down today. 2nd time this season! :wall I went with a 3-fold Intermilan & Barcelona over 2.5 goals + sevilla under 2.5 :sad Hope everyone else did better than yesterday!:ok