Tennis W/C 9th November

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November Paris TMS Indoor Hard, Court 1 12/11/2009 *** Andy Murray vs Radek Stepanek

• Andy Murray finished his last game at around 2am this morning, after 3 long sets with James Blake, while Radek played earlier in the day and played just 16 games in defeating Troicki.
  • Match is to be played on Court 1, same as Radek's last game, which should help him acheive faster, lower serves and make it harder for a tired Murray to return.
  • Murray doesn't have a great deal to play for in terms of season points etc. Radek doesn't either really, but is always determined to get back into the top 10 rankings.

While the H2H reads 3:0 Murray, I see the value here being with Radek, and will be placing my 'free money' from the Tsonga v Simon match on this one. Lay Andy Murray @ 1.29 (Bet.Fair) :hope

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November Hi guys, 1 pick for the ATP tournament in Paris today: TSONGA TO D NADAL @ 1.67 on stanjames or boylesports Nadal is obviously struggling with his form. After two very long matches with Almagro and Robredo he comes up against Tsonga and it is no doubt that Tsonga is much better player indoors than those two. Nadal is also playing some very long matches in doubles also so he must be pretty tired now. Tsonga and Nadal had some close matches before when Nadal was at his best so at Nadal's current fitness level Tsonga should be a favorite.

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November Yeah don't do much tennis betting this time of year(after the US Open) with many dodgy results/fixing/tired players but Tsonga is the play for today. Have to take a piece of that even if the odds are a little short. Couldn't believe people were backing Robredo to beat Rafa considering he has no weapons to hurt him but bar a choke serving for the match he would have won. Tsonga actually has the game with the big serve and groundstrokes and bar a mental breakdown Tsonga should win.

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November Jo-Wilfried Tsonga v Rafael Nadal Well, Rafa is still not playing his tennis without any doubts, certain in this tournament he didn't proved the consistency in his play (a thing so important for him). Nadal is playing just too many short balls and that will be the decisive factor against Tsonga - a player who do not let you any chances when hits the ball from half-court. I know that from a point of view it is ridiculous to have these great odds on Nadal but IMO he just won't have the real chances to compete with Tsonga's style, or better said his attack. Tsonga's attack can beat Nadal's defence in normal conditions, when Nadal is in his best form but know even more. The powerful serving and great attacking style should make all the difference here as there is all about Nadal's style who depend so much on his consistency. In this game Tsonga will have all those most favourite positions for him to hit his winners and in this situation I see only one clear favourite. Good Luck! Pick: Tsonga 2-0 at 2.60 with Pinnacle

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November Monfils @ 2.06 (€912) Čilić first had many problems in the opening round against Kubot, after that came back after being one set down vs Dasco and won. What to say about his form? Well, he's still erratic as ever, very weird and unpredictable player who depends a lot on his serve. If that doesn't work i get the feeling that other things wont work as well. On the other hand, Monfils in not much different, he's also inconsistent, solid serve and great defense. Many people believe that Monfils is a bad matchup for Čilić because of his defensive ability and solid baseline shots and i agree. Čilić oftenly loses patience in longer rallies and on his day he can trash himself in two straight sets no matter at the opponent. In other words, this is a real coin toss if you ask me, Čilić maybe is a bit more talented but he doesn't look like he's ready for big things here. Monfils likes playing in front of his crowd, trashed Bennetau yesterday and this could be his tournament.

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November Tsonga @ 1.72 (€426) First i was thinking about backing Rafa, when odds were close to 2.50, but i changed my mind and will go with Jo. Why? Well he surely looks a lot more fresh atm, Rafa is not looking good in last few tournaments, in Beijing was trashed by Čilić, in Shanghai he made it through the finals thanks to retirements of Lopez and Ljubo, and if they weren't injured Rafa would most certaily lost one of those two. In the end, Denko won that final. And here, in Paris, Rafa was "dead" twice already, first against Almagro, then Robredo and both of them choked. Both of them are not the top players especially not on this surface and Tsonga would eat both of them, of course under normal circumstances. Jo is mentally a lot more tougher and he proved that many times before, most noticeable was that amazing win over Federer in Montreal. Jwt has all needed weapons to ground Rafa, strong serve, powerful baseline shots and concentation. He will also have crowd on his side so i expect him to win this match in the end. Not comfortably though.

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November Concerning Tsonga I think that's true Nadal is playing not well but the more I watch Nadal the more I'm sure he can do anything to win. Last two matches he won defending quite a lot of match points and receiving a serve (sorry for my english). In my opinion this match must be alotted to the category 'anything may happen'. So i don't touch this match. But I've got 2 great coupons for today: Djokovic won't lose 2:0 Del Potro won't lose 2:0 Djoko is in a great shape but in fact he doesn't play consisten tennis. Another 'but' is that he has a great return and huge service by Soderling won't impress Djoko. Stepanek I think i greatly overfawored in this match. He played with Murray, who was in 40% of his potential abilities. Bookmakers overrated Stepanek because Murray lost so easily. Scottish player is poor in his physical condition which is quite obvious. He played many Masters and Grand Slam tournaments but still there was not enough strength in him to win (Slam). About two years ago many tennis specilists were saying Murray will be number one and soon he would win a Grand Slam tournament. In opposition to this opinion the vast number of people were saying Del Potro has too exausting style of play in order to win. That opinion was erraneous. Play antyhing you've got on Djoko one set and Del Potro! Overral odd is over 1,5 :)

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November I'd certainly side with Del Potro over Stepanek. Not sure about JMDP's condition right now as I didn't see the Gonzo match but even 70 or 80% fit I'd back him to beat Stepanek. No way Radek would have beat Murray bar Murray simply not being near his best and JMDP is also another class above Stepanek. Would go with Monfils over Cilic aswell.

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November

Sport Tennis
Event Marin Cilic v Gael Monfils
Selection Gael Monfils
Strength 10/10
Date 13/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.04 (Back)
Reasoning Monfils just about seems like a reasonable choice. Cilic has had troubles both matches so far and I think Monfils will be even bigger problem. Monfils not showing great form, but now really into tournament, big crowd, nice match, I expect him to entertain. Probably close match but I would just favour Monfils a little bit.
Sport Tennis
Event Juan Martin del Potro v Radek Stepanek
Selection Radek Stepanek
Strength 10/10
Date 13/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning I did not like what I saw from del Potro last night. Take this at lower price with a bookmaker that pays after one ball played because I think retirement likely. Del Potro finished around 1am after a brutal 2 sets with Gonzalez. It was just a case of who would retire hurt. Del Potro had an abdominal problem, he couldn't serve and movement was poor. He saved so many match points that emotionally that match was big and will be hard to recover from. Stepanek played well in taking advantage of Murrays physical problems and he can do exactly the same here. He's also beaten del Potro indoors earlier this year.

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November About Del Potro, i wouldn't back him anymore, not after i saw what happened yesterday. Yes he saved bunch of MP's but the question should be DOES HE WANT TO WIN this game. Cause his body language, his reactions are saying differently. I hate such players, who look like they just don't care. He had the same atittude vs Hewitt in Wimby he had the same atittude yesterday. Only Gonzo's injury stopped his elimination. Some say he's tired. From what? He played 3 matches since USO, retired once, lost to Arguello... I mean, for a tennis pro 20 years old it's really unprofessional.

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November Gael Monfils vs. Marin Cilic Well, a very balanced game as both players are rated with almost equal odds but where I see an advantage in style for the frenchman. First of all Monfils is a great returner and he should cope better with Cilic's serve. Secondly, Monfils is a great defender who can keep the ball in play and who can cover the court very well, Cilic is not the player who can change so easy his tactics. The third advantage is that Monfils is playing at home. These two players never played against each other but I can anticipate and IMO Monfils has some advantages as Cilic have to play with a lot of accuracy in his attacks to beat till the end Monfils defence. The strong serve together with the attacking baseline game of Cilic shouldn't be a problem for Monfils who can change pace so well. All in all, IMO Monfils is clear the favourite for this one, he has the advantages in style against Cilic and also is playing at home. Good Luck! Pick: Monfils at 1.98 with Pinnacle 10 units

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November Stepanek @ 2.30 (€1046) Imo three scenarios are possible; one is that Delpo really doesn't care about this tournament and that he came here just to pick up some prize and get few matches before London cause he got a bit rusty after USO. In that case he'll try some things in his game but wont try to hard to win this game against solid Stepanek. Second is, that Delpo really is injured and he'll retire, eventually. And the third one is, that he will decide to win this tournament. It's masters after all, and he'll have one week rest before London anyway. Question is, in which scenario to believe. I personally can't decide between first two, cause both of that scenarios are more likely to come true then third one. Yesterday Delpo looked unmotivated and uninterested, he won only because he couldn't lose, Gonzo didn't let him. Everyone wants to be fresh and well rested for London, why would Delpo be an exception. Everyone except Nadal and Joker. Stepanek wouldn't be a threat usually for Argentinian but he'll surely be a lot more motivated, and he isn't carrying any injury from what i know. I didn't wanted to back Steps at 2.10, cause i already have an outright on Delpo and dont like to go against my bets but more i think more i'm confident that Delpo wont care for this match. Again.

Sport Tennis
Event Novak Djokovic v Rafael Nadal
Selection Rafael Nadal
Strength 10/10
Date 14/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.22 (Back)
Reasoning I think Nadal is the choice in probable close match. At start of this tournament Nadal was very poor, should definately have been beaten. But against Tsonga he was excellent, really strong on big points, and forehand looking good. I think he is revving up and can put in big performances this weekend. Djokovic had couple of easy matches then big struggle against Soderling. His serve really seemed to be off and mentally stronger player would have beaten him. I cannot make Djokovic favourite for this match so this price looks nice.

Sport Tennis
Event Gael Monfils v Radek Stepanek
Selection Gael Monfils
Strength 10/10
Date 14/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Coral @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Early price on Monfils is very appealing, think it will shorten. Stepanek had strange week, Troicki was injured and hardly tried in set 2 against him, Murray was exhausted and faded badly, and del Potro retired after 4 games. Very tough draw on paper, but really he hasn't beat much. Monfils was excellent against Cilic, and with the crowd behind him expect another good performance. He has the speed and passing shots to get the better of Stepanek and I think he will.

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November Djokovic @ 1.79 (€702) Rafa did it again, he once again won 50-50 match which could go either way and his mental strength is incredible. However, he wont pass Nole with such tennis despite his fighting spirit and amazing physical skills. Nole is red hot, and he has more weapons on this surface. These odds are good enough for me, i wouldnt give more than 1.70 for sure.