Tennis W/C 9th November

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November

Sport Tennis
Event Gail Monfils v David Guez
Selection David Guez
Strength 5/10
Date 11/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 7.00 (Back)
Reasoning Monfils looks worth opposing. Simply his form doesn't seem too good coming into here. OK playing at home whould be very motivated but when not playing great that can turn into big pressure. Guez is playing pretty nicely lately. He's come from qualifying and I watched him yesterday and he was pretty good. Not a good performance from Wawrinka, but still it was good from Guez and he could get on a roll and get another big win.
Sport Tennis
Event Marin Cilic v Lukasz Kubot
Selection Lukasz Kubot
Strength 10/10
Date 11/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 5.00 (Back)
Reasoning Kubot has been really impressive in recent months, and seems the type capable of a big win. Cilic has been playing well but has had a few tough weeks in the last couple of months and it could be time for a soft performance. Kubot has the game to keep it close and then see if he can get the win.
Sport Tennis
Event Radek Stepanek v Viktor Troicki
Selection Viktor Troicki
Strength 10/10
Date 11/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 2.87 (Back)
Reasoning Stepanek has shown good from lately but seems like he can be opposed. He had a pretty tough week last week and might not be 100% focussed this week. Troicki has already had a match and served excellently then got the win due to retirement. He could do with a good week to secure seeding for US Open and can start it with a good win here.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tennis - Paris, BNP Paribas Masters Category: ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Place: Paris, France Date: 08.11.2009-15.11.2009 Draw Size: S-48 D-24 Surface: Hard Prize Money: € 2,750,000 ATP Paris: Andy Murray vs James Blake This will be one of the most interesting matches of the second round. Andy Murray is coming back from Venice having won his new title there. He managed to beat Verdasco after the injury in the semifinal showing a great deal of strength earning the chance to lay on the line Novak Djokovic’s third seat. His rival will be the American James Blake who beat the experienced Santoro in the first round putting in a much better display than last week in Basel when he lost to Chardy at the beginning of the tournament. This will be this summer’s Queens final replay when the British player won at home court after two rounds. Blake unsatisfied with the season This appear to be his weakest year ever since he broke into the top. He didn’t win a single title while he also dropped out of the top 40. The amount of the drop can be measured up by the fact he started the year in top 10. Blake used to be world’s number four, but the chronic back injury and some weak results on the American tour took their toll. Fact that his only clay final was in Estoril while his favorite surface – hard brought him no titles at all. Paris Maters, where he played in the semifinal last year, will now be a stern test for him. He was unlucky with a draw, but it is only a logical consequence of his poor ranking. Murray with six titles in 2009 He had a great start to the year making improvement in all aspects of his game having won Miami Masters and reaching the third place at one point. Still, Grand Slam remain his main problem. Rumors started, he can’t handle pressure, having problems closing the games and Wimbledon showed it. there is another theory though that he is yet to mature and that he is a player with everything needed to become the number one. Injury kept him from Asian tour, on his return he won Valencia which was his sixth title, but first one since Montreal. He loves playing in Paris, although he never got further than quarterfinal at this Masters. Nalbandian beat him last year. Betting verdict The question is if injury left any marks on Murray, he will hold back keeping his shape for Masters closure in London. That is his main aim and he won’t be pushing too hard. That doesn’t necessarily mean Blake will win, but he could maintain the tight score until the end. They met twice so far, the American won at clay in 2006, while Murray, as we said, beat him in Queens club this summer. Source Freebetting.net (Link approved by Paul Ross)

Re: Tennis - Paris, BNP Paribas Masters ATP Paris: Davydenko vs Soderling Third round of Paris Masters will bring us a great duel. The Swedish Soderling still hopes to get his name in the closing tournament in the year and one of the rivals he needs to get across is the Russian Davydenko. Davydenko needs to book one more win, his chances are high and this is a crucial match for him. The Russian is having an excellent second part of the season, he exploded after the Wimbledon and trip to London would be a great end to the poorly opened season by an injury in Chennai that put him on the sidelines for three months. Soderling playing in life form in 2009 He seems to be a completely new player. Roland Garros final and breaking into top 10, working with Magnus Norman seems to be making results. He won the Bastad title and his Grand Slam results could’ve been much better had he had more luck with the draw because he ran into Federer both in London and Us Open. Soderling beat Karlovic in the second round. Two weeks ago, at his home court in Stockholm, he threw in the white towel to Baghdatis so that he wouldn’t deteriorate his injury. He didn’t have the best of time at the Asian tour and he expected better results at his favorite indoor courts. Still, two semis and one quarterfinal are not so bad, but don’t forget that hadn’t it been for Nadal, Murray and Federer, this lad would’ve been one of the main favorites. Kuala Lumpur tour saw him losing the final match exactly to Davydenko. Davydenko eased through the second round The Russian gave Becker a teaching to, and most importantly didn’t waste too much time on the court since he wants to remain fresh. He won the Shanghai Masters, Kuala Lumpur too, he grabbed four titles in four months which proves us that the Russian is slowly getting back in the saddle. When looking at the entire season, hadn’t it been for his injury, he would’ve probably gotten into the fifth place race. He has recently beaten Soderling in Kuala Lumpur, but he is still with negative score going down 5:3 to the same rival. They have been meeting quite a lot lately, three times in 2009 already and Soderling beat the Russian in Paris and New York. As we can see, there are some debts Davydenko would like to settle. Betting verdict It is hard to see the final score although we think that Soderling is closer to win. Regardless of the fact Davydenko is in better form, we still believe that the Swede can triumph, his chances are at least 50% at this court. As he himself said, he isn’t thinking much about the Masters but he still fancies chances. Source Freebetting.net (Link approved by Paul Ross)

Sport Tennis
Event Roger Federer v Julien Benneteau
Selection Julien Benneteau +3.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 11/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 4.50 (Back)
Reasoning Want to side with Benneteau, wasn't sure what bet to take so I will take a risk. Federer had a surprising loss in final last week to Djokovic, where in the final set his game fell apart. That will have hurt especially in his home event, so not sure how he will react. He doesn't play this event often, he's never won it and in fact has never made the semi finals in 6 attempts. Benneteau recovered from a slow start yesterday and late in the match he looked good. At home, big crowd, big match, hope he can put in a big performance and keep this very close.

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November Kubot will lose it for sure. I'm sure for Cilic win in 99%. He's a great Tennis player but still is a young man and he need to work on his psyche. I remember his match against Del Potro in QF of this year's US Open. He won the 1st set and broke him in the second. The moment he was broken by Del Potro was his end. That was really meaningful.

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November Paris TMS Indoor Hard, Court 1 11/11/2009 *** Tommy Robredo vs Tomas Berdych Not alot in this match-up really, so not alot of thorough reasoning. however,

• Robredo is higher-ranked of the two
  • Robredo struggled against a challenger-level player in previous round
  • Although the faster of the 2 courts, Court 1 is playing rather slow, which should suit Tommy Robredo

With this in mind, I'm going for the value pick in Tommy Robredo Back Tommy Robredo @ 2.66 (Bet.Fair) :hope

Sport Tennis
Event Nicolay Davydenko v Robin Soderling
Selection Nicolay Davydenko
Strength 10/10
Date 12/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 1.66 (Back)
Reasoning Davydenko looks in very good form, and this court should really suit him well. He looked excellent in round 1 and should be good thing. Soderling first tournament since pulling out of Stockholm, looked pretty average against Karlovic. Karlovic is in very poor form but just couldn't take his break point chances. Expect Davydenko to win this comfortably.

Sport Tennis
Event Rafael Nadal v Tommy Robredo
Selection Tommy Robredo
Strength 10/10
Date 12/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 4.80 (Back)
Reasoning Robredo has to be worth a chance at this price. Nadal was on court for well over 3 hours against Almagro. He played awful, had serve broke many times, had injury time out for blisters and only started winning when Almagro was suffering badly with cramp. Overall he really did look bad. Robredo surprised me and was very good against Berdych and should give Nadal very tough time. The whole Spanish players problem mentally against Nadal thing is a worry, but I think Nadals physical ailments make this price worthwhile.

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November Simon @ 4.00 Simon earned everyone's sympathies by beating Ljubo despite he had very ugly knee injury which affected his movement. And now, these odds are clearly affected by that. If he manages to shake off that injury he will surely be very confident after he pulled such win in last round. Neither of these two are in best form but still, such difference in odds had to be used. Of course, my reccomendation is to take such a bet only at bookies which void he bet in case of retirement, like boylesports.

Sport Tennis
Event Andy Murray v Radek Stepanek
Selection Radek Stepanek
Strength 10/10
Date 12/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 4.30 (Back)
Reasoning The situation makes this worth a chance. Murray really struggled against Blake, going to final set tie break. He finished at around 1:45am so can't imagine he got to bed before 3am. Now he has to play at around 5-6pm which is tough. Also he's on the second court with pretty much no crowd which he's not used to. This court plays much faster and Stepanek has already had a match on it. Otherwise it's a really good match up for Murray, but I'll still take a chance.
Sport Tennis
Event Juan Martin del Potro v Fernando Gonzalez
Selection Lay Fernando Gonzalez (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 12/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.05 (Lay)
Reasoning Del Potro didn't look great in round 1 against Safin, but I think that could be because it was Safins last match. Now del Potro has got a win I think he'll be really hard to beat and should take care of Gonzalez. Gonzalez beat Isner but his form the past few weeks hasn't been great and del Potro should be too strong.
Sport Tennis
Event Jo-Wifreid Tsonga v Gilles Simon
Selection Lay Gilles Simon (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 12/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 4.00 (Lay)
Reasoning Can't see success for Simon here. He had an MRI and showed he has damaged the patella tendon. He really struggled to move against Ljubicic it was just that Ljubicic was awful after the injury. Tsonga is defending his title and it wouldn't be bad for France if he came through. I'd even be surprised if Simon finished the match.

Can get 5.1 now on Robredo:@
I doubt it will mean anything in the end, just can't see Tommy winning this. Just take a look at h2h and you will get the picture. Tommy's service is too soft and inconsistent for beating Rafa. Both are typical baseliners, only Rafa is like 10 times better. I wish you all the luck with this one though, i have Del Potro to win tournament, without Rafa it should be a lot easier. Cheers. ;)

I doubt it will mean anything in the end, just can't see Tommy winning this. Just take a look at h2h and you will get the picture. Tommy's service is too soft and inconsistent for beating Rafa. Both are typical baseliners, only Rafa is like 10 times better. I wish you all the luck with this one though, i have Del Potro to win tournament, without Rafa it should be a lot easier. Cheers. ;)
I agree in general Nadal far too good. But you would say the same against Almagro and he struggled so much! Robredo served pretty well yesterday, and sometimes this tournament is just weird. It started yesterday with Federer!

Yeah' date=' i also expect one surprise today but somehow i believe it wont be Robredo. Hope im wrong. And it surely wont be Simon, i didn't knew that his knee is that bad. :$[/quote'] Hopefully Simon will retire in the 2nd set and we'll both be OK:D

Sport Tennis
Event Fernando Verdasco v Marin Cilic
Selection Marin Cilic
Strength 10/10
Date 12/11/2009
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 2.25 (Back)
Reasoning Wasn't going to play this, but the more I think about it the more I want to. See this as a very even game. Both not great form coming in considering they best level but both OK. Both struggled in round 1 but Cilic was definately getting better as his match went on. Verdasco seems to be spinning his forehand too much and on the quick court 1 should help Cilic. I see this as really close match so maybe Cilic slight value.

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November I think Verdasco will win 2:1. Why? Because he's very unregular player. He may lose one set 0:6 and then win two other 6:1 6:0. But he play great tennis. Yesterday I watched the whole match Kubot - Cilic and Marin has disappointed me greatly. I thought he can do this better. I play Verdasco 1,704 on Pinnacle :ok

Hopefully Simon will retire in the 2nd set and we'll both be OK:D
Hopefully it will prove to be the next best thing to 'free money', providing Simon completes the first set (depending on bookies' rules). I also read about the MRI scan results, and he has to be real careful on the knee to avoid serious damage. If he had any sense, he shouldn't even play this match (in which case my bet is void), but if he does and retires after the first set, then like I said, this should be a dead-cert! He lso needs to take it steady as he looking forward to playing in Brisbane in the New Year, which isn't very far away now. Back Jo-Wilfried Tsonga @ 1.32 :hope

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November Bennetau - Monfils 1 @ 2.90 Boylesports Ridiculous price. Bennetau just eliminated Federer, looks very inspired here in Paris and i dont see any reason why is he so underrated. He's playing against Monfils after all, a very inconsistent player which is not in top form. Pitty i didnt took it at higher price, few minutes ago 5dimes had the same bet at 2.95, but this will do. I see this as a 55-45 in Monfils favour. GL

Re: Tennis W/C 9th November Del Potro - Gonzalez 2 (Lay) @ 3.00 Betfair With all sympathies i have for Gonzalez i dont see him as a winner today. Delpo won Sain last night, both of them played a great match and it's time for Delpotro to get some confidence before masters. Both players have equal styles and like the surface but JMDP has much stronger shots from the baseline and if he's motivated he'll win this without too many problems.

Bennetau - Monfils 1 @ 2.90 Boylesports Ridiculous price. Bennetau just eliminated Federer, looks very inspired here in Paris and i dont see any reason why is he so underrated. He's playing against Monfils after all, a very inconsistent player which is not in top form. Pitty i didnt took it at higher price, few minutes ago 5dimes had the same bet at 2.95, but this will do. I see this as a 55-45 in Monfils favour. GL
You can really wish that bet. Benneteau has reached everything he wanted by winning over Federer. Now he's not inspired but exhausted. He gave out of himself everything into that match. Now he is really tired. I think that bookies know Federer played nothing and that's the reason why Benneteau is so greatly underrated. Cheers :cheers