** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Roland Garros 2004!

lest start with some early round easy money! :drums Safin, Mantilla, Corretja treble at 2.12 Blue SQ - 10pts :unsure Lunacy. Safin is world class and shudnt lose to Calleri, he has a far better record here and is a decent price IMO. Corretja is playing a guy who books his plane ticket back here for the tuesday in advance. Mantilla is playing a guy who cant really play tennis to any sort of standard, Mantilla would have more chance of losing hitting the ball agaisnt a brick wall in his back garden than losing to Jeff Salzenstien. Max bet for me. Burgsmuller to beat Mahut @ 8/11 paddys - 10pts Burgsmuller is a decent clay courter and has done well here. Mahut gets a wild card every year and goes out in the first round every year as well, I think his dad is on the entries commitee, like Vicente, I am told Burgsmuller is playing with a racket and not a hockey stick, which makes the price even more appealing. :nana Vicente to beat Gicquel @ 5/6 paddys - 10pts Quite astounded at this prices. Vicente is playing a guy who is allergic to winning, as far as Im aware the spaniard will be playing with a racket so I will back him to beat Gicquel, Gicquel has never beat anyone of note and to be honest probably never will. Gicquel is only here due to the fact he faced 3 very poor qualifiers. :\

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Roland Garros 2004! Couldnt agree more on Vicente and Burgsmuller Matt, I'm gonna be knocking on the door of the bookies at 10am in the morning for a large double on those two :eek :loon Bookies seem to have completely lost the plot :nana Also appealing to me is Costa @ 4/9 and Coria @ 1/6 should be free money :hat

Guest TazaD

Re: Roland Garros 2004! Got Vicente at 1.85! Actually went with a double paying 3.10ish. 8pm start here... ...Remember, I can find out whre you both live if these go down :unsure

Guest TazaD

Re: Roland Garros 2004! Vincente now 1.90!! :thinker Hope there's no injury news or something out of the ordinary going on. I know of another quality tennis expert that really likes him too. Go team! :b

Re: Roland Garros 2004! It's late guys but just to say I'm on Gicquel. He's playing decent stuff and Vicente is awful in my opinion. Also, Calleri has a great chance to knock out Safin. Safin seems very uninterested at the moment, and I fancy he will throw a wobbler. Calleri also boasts a 2-0 H2H record v Safin, so knows he can beat him.

Roland Garros 2004!

Vicente is playing a guy who is allergic to winning
He's won two tournaments this year, and got to three other finals. This year his record is W31 L9 (not including qualifiers). Now I know they are lower level matches but he is definately not allergic to winning. Vicente has won 4 matches all year. He has lost 7.

Roland Garros 2004! sorry should have said....... "Allergic to winning agasint any player who is any good" ;) Vicente isnt playing well, but he must be viewing this as an easy task to get back to form in a grand slam.

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

Roland Garros 2004! Great call on Burgsmuller and vicente. Did a little checking on stats last night and felt that the price on Burgsmuller was way off. Had a nice bet at the great price of 8/11 in Blue Square. I calculated that the odds on Burgsmuller should have been around 1/2. Well done and good spot. I think with a bit of research, we can hammer the bookie on Rolland Garros. BB

Guest heniek31

Re: Roland Garros 2004! Nice start to the campaign guys :ok . My treble for tomorrow: Clay is favourite surface of Sanchez. He already defeated this year players like Canas, Gaudio and Chela which are top dogs on clay. This is like postponed game form St. Poulten where them two should play each other but somehow Sanchez went through by w/o. He was favourite then and it stays that way for me in this match. Koubek won three matches this year (out of 10) against Soderling, Levy and Elseneer (q-First Round). Not impressive enough to give him a chance here. Ljubicic's form stands 9-5 this year. He showed in Hamburg that he is in good form going eventually out in semis to Coria. Big serve is his decisive weapon. I dont think that Arazi is prepare well enough here. He played only four games on ATP tour this year, winning just one. Not much to say about Novak to overcame Dupuis. 3-0 H2H with Novak easily beating him 6-2 6-0 just couple of months ago. Novak has his bad days sometimes but I dont think that is going to happened tomorrow. Dupuis only managed two wins this year against Di Pasquale and Portas.In six tournaments on clay this year, he went out in first round in five of them. Sanchez v Koubek @1.22 Ljubicic v Arazi @1.44 Novak v Dupuis @1.17 20 pts staked Good luck.

Re: Roland Garros 2004! I can understand peoples concerns about Safin but you gotta remember its over 4 years now since he went out 1st round in a grand slam, he is always up for them. Calleri has gone out in teh 1st round 2 years on the bounce and I cant see him beating Safin who in my opinion has really matured over the last couple of years. :) another bet for tomorrow. Marc Lopez to beat Chris Rochus @ 5/6 Hills 10 pts :nana A very exciting young player is Lopez, has had to qualify but did it beating some decent clay courters in Miranda and Sa and looks like he enjoys himself here, got to the 2nd round last year before losing in 5 sets to Jiri Novak which is no disgrace at all. I would expect him to come on for that as well and improve here, Rochus is an average clay courter at best and never performs his best at Roland Garros, this is an excellent oppontunity for Lopez to win and 5/6 is worth taking considering some bookies make him a 4/6 shot which is closer to the mark IMO. French Open so far - +15.92 pts :o

Re: Roland Garros 2004! Just found out that Peter Lundgren has been coaching Safin for the past few weeks. He's a good fella, and should ensure that he is motivated here. I'm now going to change my mind and say that Safin should knock Calleri out, good luck Matt, but he still ain't EASY MONEY :ok .

Ferrero - Haas Reckon the smart money lay with Ferrero on Day 2 of the French Open. :thinker Massive massive value IMO on a player ranked no.4 in the world and whose pedigree on clay is second to none(not least backed by his sterling record at Roland Garros where he's finished no less than the semi-finals in all his 4 attempts thus far). Haas may have been on a decent run of late(and Ferrero may have had the odd blip if people choose to remember his slip-up against Corretja not too long ago), but I reckon Haas is well past those halcyon days where he terrorised quite a few players when he was ranked as high as world no.2... Just for the record, Ferrero also lead Haas 2-0 on h2h(on clay). Got to fancy Ferrero to edge him out here and the 1.71 at Betfair looks incredible! ;)

Guest heniek31

Re: Roland Garros 2004! You know how it is Matt. You always post the one that loses and other five bets win :lol .

Re: Roland Garros 2004! In what looks like yet another big pricing error, Burgsmuller, who is a good clay courter, has been priced a MASSIVE 2/1 to beat Henman :eek :eek :eek Henman never does well at the French, and Burgsmuller should certainly have enough to win in 4 :nana