UEFA Europa League » Oct 1

Djordje

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1

I think Hertha will focus on Bundesliga and drop Europa' date='otherwise they can be at risk to be relegated this season.Odds on Sporting droped already to @1.50 and don't represent value anymore.I will probably watch them playing and bet in play if odds will rise.I just don't think Hertha care about Europa anymore.[/quote'] agree!:nana

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 PSV Eindhoven - CFR Ecomax 1 (home win) @ 1.6 This looks like a really easy pick, since PSV has six straight wins on home field, while Cluj doesn't look too good when playing away. Situation: PSV really needs home win against Cluj, especially after recent away draw with Sparta, because they have high expectations in this years european League, and they seem to be in top-form at the moment. Injuries: PSV Striker Danny Koevermans is missing the match against Cluj, with some minor injury, but it seems that Rutten has all other players ready for tonight. Morale: PSV's coach Rutten is set on taking all three points, while Cluj's coach is talking a bit too much about theirs strong defense... Seems to me that they will try to close this match and try to get a draw. Hazard tip: PSV might overwhelm Cluj if they manage to score early in the game, so 0:1 (-1) handicap @ 2.55 might be worth a risk.

I think Hertha will focus on Bundesliga and drop Europa' date='otherwise they can be at risk to be relegated this season.Odds on Sporting droped already to @1.50 and don't represent value anymore.I will probably watch them playing and bet in play if odds will rise.I just don't think Hertha care about Europa anymore.[/quote'] Hertha sacked Lucien Favre on Monday so, it is unknown how the team will respond. Youth Coach Karsten Heine took over temporarily. Sportig should win, but it's a no bet for me because of the new manager syndrome.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 there is alot of value for cska sofia. Roma are in terrible form and will be missing key players mexes, cassetti and taddei. Sofia are in excellent form leading the bulgarian league and were very impressive in their 1-1 draw with fulham. cska sofia or draw @3.65

i have a bad feeling about benfica... i have noticed this season that most of the time when 75% and even more of the forum users are punting on a team with odds >2.00 with arguments this is a 100% win, the other team is sh*tty etc. this turns to be a failure... im not saying Benfica will not win today but odds dropped from 2.55 to 2 now @bet365 meaning a lot of people are going with Benfica and usually when this happens the team get a draw :( i would just advice ppl not to go blindly after this game and be more careful. I will most probably skip it and even if Benfica wins by handicap i wouldnt feel it that much as a lose gl :)
I can understand your reluctance given your observations ("75%"), but with respect, I don't think this is a valid reason for a bet decision. To illustratate: one could argue that the AEK - Benfica game will be part of the other 25% of such tipped matches that actually is confirmed... I think betting is like looking into a crystal ball (we are trying to see into the future after all....) and the more information one has the clearer their crystal ball is. Sometimes, even when we think that the outcome is crystal clear, we get a surprise. For the match in question, the predicted result is based on AEK's observed and confirmed poor form and a bunch of internal and organisational problems. Arguably, this is the information that makes the ball clearer.... Just a thought mate....not trying to get you to bet the match and even if my bet is confirmed you haven't lost anything....:ok

there is alot of value for cska sofia. Roma are in terrible form and will be missing key players mexes, cassetti and taddei. Sofia are in excellent form leading the bulgarian league and were very impressive in their 1-1 draw with fulham. cska sofia or draw @3.65
I dont think they were impressive at all against Fulham. They were in great form in the league when they played us and should have won the game, especially as Fulham put out effectively what is a B team. The goalkeeper, making only his second senior appearence, was never under any sustained pressure and Chris Smalling the 19 year old centre back, making only his first full appearence, was able to deal with the CSKA attacks with relative ease. We had a right back, Stephen Kelly, playing at left back and even he was able to get forward on occasions. Fulham didnt create much of note in that game but they kept CSKA at bay with relative ease only to be undone by a great strike from outside the box. If CSKA had any ambitions of doing well in this competition they should have beaten an understrength Fulham team in front of their boisterous home crowd. I think their chances in Rome tonight are slim to none.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 From what ive gathered on this site; - Fulham are going to be to strong at home - Benfica are good value away. - PSV are going to be far to strong at home.. - Sporting are a decent bet due to hertha's current status (in disaray) - Villareal are poor atm in the la liga, and probally will lose away. - Lazio Away fielding a strong team should win. - People going for the benfica/hamburg/galatasaray tremble. anyone disagree with any? if so please highlight and reason (Y)

From what ive gathered on this site; - Fulham are going to be to strong at home - Benfica are good value away. - PSV are going to be far to strong at home.. - Sporting are a decent bet due to hertha's current status (in disaray) - Villareal are poor atm in the la liga, and probally will lose away. - Lazio Away fielding a strong team should win. - People going for the benfica/hamburg/galatasaray tremble. anyone disagree with any? if so please highlight and reason (Y)
I like your post and I think we should SUM UP to which bets are the best tonight. There is a lot of oppinions around teams and stuff like that, but most of the posts are supporters from different countries, opposing eachother. Bottom line is we are all here to make money, and for myself I wont be taking TOO much risk. I want to pick the best bet possible, and I hope that most of you agree with me. I think we should sum up and try to find the best possible picks for tonight. So far I think PSV looks the best at home. I am not interested in "possible draws" or "I think they can get something from this game". I am interested in a team that is able to hammer down the opponent, and I do prefer Home games.

Bottom line is we are all here to make money, and for myself I wont be taking TOO much risk. I want to pick the best bet possible, and I hope that most of you agree with me.
I agree - I'm not betting for fun, or to impress people with high-quota bets. I want to win money. Besides that I'm not greedy.
So far I think PSV looks the best at home. I am not interested in "possible draws" or "I think they can get something from this game". I am interested in a team that is able to hammer down the opponent, and I do prefer Home games.
Statistically, home teams DO win more games. And I like PSV odds today too... I'm going to bet on them, Benfica and Lazio for sure, and probably on some "trixies" with high quotas. Still, some more info would be warmly appreciated :hope

Sportig should win' date=' but it's a no bet for me because of the new manager syndrome.[/quote'] from what i read (some quite extensive study) new manager syndrome applies to first 2-3 games but nearly ALWAYS is kickstarted at HOME

I can understand your reluctance given your observations ("75%"), but with respect, I don't think this is a valid reason for a bet decision. To illustratate: one could argue that the AEK - Benfica game will be part of the other 25% of such tipped matches that actually is confirmed... I think betting is like looking into a crystal ball (we are trying to see into the future after all....) and the more information one has the clearer their crystal ball is. Sometimes, even when we think that the outcome is crystal clear, we get a surprise. For the match in question, the predicted result is based on AEK's observed and confirmed poor form and a bunch of internal and organisational problems. Arguably, this is the information that makes the ball clearer.... Just a thought mate....not trying to get you to bet the match and even if my bet is confirmed you haven't lost anything....:ok
yeah mate, i agree with what you've said but i will give you 2 examples to confirm my point of view - once again id like to bold it - im not saying what will happen but just try to warn ppl not to go blindly so - round 6 of the English Premier League game - Burnly v Sunderland 2.96 3.4 2.7 - most if the tipsters on the forum, including really good names, are pointing at Sunderland's easy away win. Why? Burnly is terrible, visitors should win. Ok but after all FT 3-1 handicap home win. next - this Tuesday in CL game - Fiorentina - Liverpool 4 3.45 2 and again all pointing at an away win cause hosts are not that convincing lately and pool flying after a 6-1 win. Ok but again FT 2-0 and again so much disappointed people this is just an example of what im trying to say - easy games that are supposed to be money in the bank games are usually ending in this way. Games with a lot of money put into them are never safe cause i believe its not always a matter of football :) yes, i hope im wrong about this one and Benfica actually wins but id rather stay away :) GL

From what ive gathered on this site; - Fulham are going to be to strong at home - Benfica are good value away. - PSV are going to be far to strong at home.. - Sporting are a decent bet due to hertha's current status (in disaray) - Villareal are poor atm in the la liga, and probally will lose away. - Lazio Away fielding a strong team should win. - People going for the benfica/hamburg/galatasaray tremble. anyone disagree with any? if so please highlight and reason (Y)
ofcoz. Fulham has no value in this competition.(the words of their gaffer - "we don't give a *censored* about Europa League"). Actually their reserves were no match for CSKA(Sofia) because they didn't create anything at all actually. Their first squad will lose for sure against CSKA. :dude Bottom Line: Fulham has no ambitions at all in League Europa.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 No time for a proper write as is the norm but I'll be taking Toulouse at home to Club Bruges tonight. Tefece will be fielding a pretty strong team, including Fode Mansare and Andre-Pierre Gignac, are strong at home and are taking the competition seriously. There's the added factor of Brice Taton, the supporter who died on Tuesday night after spending weeks in a Belgrade hospital following a vicious attack by Partizan fans. If anything, Toulouse will want to win this match in his memory. I'll hold my hands up right now and say I don't know a huge amount about Bruges other that they drew 1-1 at Mouscron on Sunday. They're not the team they once were and got spanked at home by Shakhtar Donetsk. They do have Wesley Sonck, who a few years ago was a fine striker. I'm not so sure now. I'll be taking 3 points on Toulouse to win at 4/7. I may couple them up with someone else but that's the only one that really stands out so far.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Benfica are my Nap of the day. They are on good form in Portugal since the opening day draw and have been banging the goals in. This is due in a large part to their potent attacking options, notable Di Maria, Saviola and Pablo Aimar. 28 goals in 9 games so far this season looks promising.

AEK on the other hand seem in dire straits on and off the pitch. Offices being locked, directors leaving, financial scandals, morale declining and dodgy results leave a lot to be desired. Coupled with a bit of injury crisis and it’s difficult to see them get anything out of this game especially in the result of recent results (losing 4-0 to Everton and the last few games domestically).

Galatasary look decent value as well at home to Sturm Graz and I’d back them -1 to get decent odds. They’ve also been scoring for fun and have a very strong squad for this competition. Graz are doing poorly enough in Austria and look like getting very little out of this game.

Everton are on a fantastic run of form and look way too strong for Bate tonight.

Twente should also make little work of Steaua. No real injury worries and a terrific home record (along with proven track record in this competition) should be too much for a poor Steaua team who are struggling recently.

Fulham at home should be too good for Basel although it could well be a very tight game. They rarely let much slip at home though so expect them to get the three points.

Valencia – Genoa seems good value for over 2.5 goals. Their respective strikeforces are both teams main assets and I’d expect an open end-to-end game with plenty of chances for both sides.

Fulham – Basel also seem decent for under 2.5 goals. Basel will arrive looking to shut up shop and nick a point. Fulham rarely let in goals and also struggle to score them.

So for me tonight, four bets. Two doubles and two trebles.

Benfica and Galatasary @ just under 3/1.

Valencia – Genoa over 2.5 and Fulham – Basel under 2.5 @ just under 3.5/1

Benfica, Galatasary and Everton @ 4.5/1

Everton, Twente and Fulham @ 4.5/1

Levski - Lazio - away win @2.00 with bet365 - going with huge stakes here i just cant understand why is Levski so overrated here - they are now going terrible and are getting worse with every game they play. They lost their last 3 games in the domestic league, they had problems with 4 of their players with some "trasnfer" to Rubin that after all came to be provocative, and not intended at all. After the bad results these 4 (as the team rate them) "top class players" are showing their intension to leave the team and this will most probably happen during the winter. Some of them are having problems with the coach, others are directly saying they are tired of staying on the "Gerena" (Levski's stadium). Moreover, the coach as he said in an interview is ready to leave the team if they want him to. Moral in the team is very low and i just cant imagine how they can get something out of this game. I know Lazio is having some troubles right now but no matter how deep they are the away team is still much much better than Levski. There are also some injury problems in the team but the coach is hiding the team so nothing can be said for sure. After all i expect this to be an easy away win for Lazio and nothing else. It can also be tried with a (-1) EH - odds should be great LAZIO TO WIN gl al
Levski will play with their third goalkeeper. The team always managed to surprise the enemy. I would experiment with under.

there is alot of value for cska sofia. Roma are in terrible form and will be missing key players mexes, cassetti and taddei. Sofia are in excellent form leading the bulgarian league and were very impressive in their 1-1 draw with fulham. cska sofia or draw @3.65
CSKA bosses were convicted today in stipulation matches. So i recommend not to bet on this game or at least not in large amounts.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Fulham are far too short @ 1.85 to beat Basle. I think these odds are based purely on Fulham's unbeaten home record at Craven Cottage and the fact Basle haven't beaten English opposition away in 7 attempts. Those stats are however completely irrelevant in my eyes. The last time Fulham competed at this level was in 2002/03 in the Intertoto Cup playing some mediocre sides. It was also a long time ago, and the squad was vastly different at that time. With regards to FC Basle; they are of Champions League quality, who slipped slightly recently and have now replaced long serving Christian Gross as manager. Although Fulham will not be making wholesale changes, they still have a minor injury crisis. They only have two fit goalkeepers at the club in, Mark Schwarzer and Swiss Pascal Zuberbuhler. Mark Schwarzer isn't registered in the Europa league, so Fulham hope that UEFA will allow them to register Pascal Zuberbuhler in time to play in goal today. Assuming that goes through, they will have a recognised goalkeeper. Pascal Zuberbuhler will be making his debut tonight for Fulham. Other injuries include; Damien Duff, David Stockdale, Dickson Etuhu, Simon Davies and Brede Hangeland. The main point for me would be the absence of Brede Hangeland, who has been a very influential figure in Fulham's rise up the EPL table and into europe. Because of the reasons above I am more than happy to take Fulham v FC Basel 0, +0.5 @ 2.3. Fulham have injuries to key personnel and will face a sterner test in FC Basle, who I can see coming away with at least a draw.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 I don't understand why some people are so willing to bet on matches that could so easily go either way. The fulham and everton matches for example will see a huge number of changes made to each side; who knows how they will perform. I think it's better to stay away from them

Galatasary look decent value as well at home to Sturm Graz and I’d back them -1 to get decent odds. They’ve also been scoring for fun and have a very strong squad for this competition. Graz are doing poorly enough in Austria and look like getting very little out of this game.

*UPDATE* Galatasaray

GALATASARAY -- Leo Franco (GK) -- Sabri -- Asik -- Servet -- Balta -- Ayhan -- Mustafa -- Keita -- Elano -- Arda -- Baros --

T.D: Frank Rijkaard STURM GRAZ Gratzei Sonnleitner Feldhofer Gordon Jantscher Hlinka Weber Hölzle Beichler Muratovic Kandelaki T.D: Franco Foda UPDATE Baros and Elano will play smile.gif Nonda has a problem with his foot and will go on the bench, star defensive midfielder Ayhan returns to team along with tough midfielder Mustafa Tarp and/or Topal. Sweden international midfielder Linderoth nearing fitness, may make the bench.

why would this have any impact on the match?
Because it's likely to have an impact on the team's performance? I don't understand all the fuss over Roma's form. Barring the shock loss at home to Basle, they've only lost to Juventus and Genoa in the league, which is nothing to be ashamed about. I don't think Roma will make the same mistake twice, and they are still putting out a strong squad lead by Totti and Mirko Vucinic up top. Rodrigo Taddei and Philippe Mexes are the only key missings. CSKA play in a far inferior league so, league form is irrelevant. CSKA were poor in struggling to defeat a Fulham B side at home.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 looked at the daily Hamburg newspaper and they seem to think the sides will line up as follows.. HSV: Rost - Boateng, Rozehnal, Mathijsen, Aogo - Trochowski, Jarolim, Ze Roberto, Elia - Berg, Petric.

Tel Aviv: Enyeama - Bondarv, Badir, da Silva, Ben Dayan - Natcho, Yadin, Mentasheshvili - Vermouth, Vucicevic - Yeboah.

Schiedsrichter: Istvan Vad (Ungarn) This is encouraging for Hamburg punters as it is the same line-up as against Bayern at the weekend (won 1-0), guess they need to win after the disaster in the last round of matches..-1 is certainly appealing given their good home form..

looked at the daily Hamburg newspaper and they seem to think the sides will line up as follows.. HSV: Rost - Boateng, Rozehnal, Mathijsen, Aogo - Trochowski, Jarolim, Ze Roberto, Elia - Berg, Petric.

Tel Aviv: Enyeama - Bondarv, Badir, da Silva, Ben Dayan - Natcho, Yadin, Mentasheshvili - Vermouth, Vucicevic - Yeboah.

Schiedsrichter: Istvan Vad (Ungarn) This is encouraging for Hamburg punters as it is the same line-up as against Bayern at the weekend (won 1-0), guess they need to win after the disaster in the last round of matches..-1 is certainly appealing given their good home form..

agree!:clap

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 The problem about "sum up" the thread and conclude good bets is that most long-term punters look for value. Those bets may not come in tonight, but they will do profit long-term. Most people have a look at such threads with the idea to make fast money, usually resulting in a search for two or three very good picks ("bankers"). I think it is just logical that we see many different opinions, at the end of a day a match has three outcomes with different possibilities to happen. Everyone has to conclude his bet himself and the aim of this forum should be to serve information so that other people can make up their own idea and if they agree with your conclusion follow your picks... ;)

The problem about "sum up" the thread and conclude good bets is that most long-term punters look for value. Those bets may not come in tonight, but they will do profit long-term. Most people have a look at such threads with the idea to make fast money, usually resulting in a search for two or three very good picks ("bankers"). I think it is just logical that we see many different opinions, at the end of a day a match has three outcomes with different possibilities to happen. Everyone has to conclude his bet himself and the aim of this forum should be to serve information so that other people can make up their own idea and if they agree with your conclusion follow your picks... ;)
I think that this is a problem with PL nowadays. Too many people are begging for information and giving nothing back in return. I read on here yesterday that Paul Ross intends to clamp down on this so hopefully he will and we can get back to the great site this was a couple of years ago.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 more info on the Levski - Lazio game according to the info given the stadium will be only at half of its capacity - only 12 000 tickest were sold so far and there are no indications the stadium will be full as expected. The fans dont believe in the team, the moral is really low.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Roy Hodgson this week has come out and stated the reason he played the B team in Sofia was to assess and evaluate their strengths and weaknesses. He has also hinted that he will play as strong a team as he possibly can in tonights game. I expect to see the likes of Dempsey, Murphy, Zamora and AJ/Kamara starting the game. Therefore the theory further up that Hodgson doesnt give a fnuck about this competition is incorrect. Obviously the Premier League is No 1 priority but the players who got us into this competition last season will want to compete in it this season. With regard to Hangeland, he has not been up to his usual high standards this year Jase. The transfer talk in the summer seems to have turned his head somewhat and that has reflected his performances. Chris Baird, when he has come in has been outstanding at CSKA and Manchester City and if called upon again tonight I am sure he'll more than cope. Yes we have injury problems but I expect a strong team tonight and hopefully 3 points. Obviously managers often say one thing and do another and this is by no means gospel. I am just relaying information that is coming out of the club in the last couple of days. Cheers

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Hi punters! These are my tips for today: Sporting - Hertha: Home win Toulouse - FC Brugge Home win PSV - Cluj Home win Werder - Atl. Bilbao Home win Salzburg - Villareal Home win (worth the risk) PS: He ho dares wins! :) I'll explain the tips later, becouse I must hurry, sorry. Good luck mates!