Tennis: US Open

Re: Tennis: US Open

Sport Tennis
Event Novak Djokovic v Fernando Verdasco
Selection Novak Djokovic -3.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 09/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning I think Djokovic will be fairly comfortable in this match. He'll been OK so far and now the time to step up. Verdasco beat a clearly fatigued Isner and this will be much tougher. He seems to be struggling with an injury and Djokovic will work him really hard.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sport Tennis
Event Novak Djokovic v Fernando Verdasco
Selection Novak Djokovic -3.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 09/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.80 (Back)
Reasoning I think Djokovic will be fairly comfortable in this match. He'll been OK so far and now the time to step up. Verdasco beat a clearly fatigued Isner and this will be much tougher. He seems to be struggling with an injury and Djokovic will work him really hard.
Oh no,now we're both ruined :D

Sport Tennis
Event Caroline Wozniacki v Melanie Oudin
Selection Caroline Wozniacki -1.5 sets
Strength 10/10
Date 09/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price VCBet @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning I see this being very tough for Oudin. Magnificant run so far but she has been helped by massive numbers of errors from opponents. Maybe she is causing this with her play but I don't see Wozniacki doing the same thing. Wozniacki was very impressive against Kuznetsova and she should take this in 2 sets.

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Roger Federer v Robin Soderling
Selection Robin Soderling +6.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 09/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.89 (Back)
Reasoning I think Soderling will keep this really close. See from H2H Federer wins but a lot of close meetings. In French final obviously hard for Soderling and Federer won more easy but still Soderling took one set to a tie break. Soderling looked good to me so far and with the night session I think he'll perform. Federer too looked good but on return I still think lacking a bit, should help this be close match.

Re: Tennis: US Open match: wozniacki - oudin pick: wozniacki @1.45 betdaq I don't believe many people predicted this match in quarter finals. Oudin made a lot of upsets so far in USO, but Wozniacki is just playing great and showing great potential. It looks that she doesn't have any problems with fatigue after so many matches in short time. Oudin made a huge step forward in her career but today her's journey will end. I predict 2-0 win for Danish girl but i'll be satisfied with straight win.

Re: Tennis: US Open Nadal x Del Potro @ 1.67 Nadal vs Gonzo....can't see anything but Nadal win here.Was fantastic against Monfils and looks to be over injury problems.Gonzo came through a cracker with Tsonga and showed his serve was holding up aswell as the usual blistering forehands.Nadal leads 6-3 so we know Gonzo can beat him but last win was in 2007.Rafa will work the backhand to gain control of the points, and his forehand was working very well against Monfils.Heavy topsin which makes it tougher for opponent.Nadal win for me. Del Potro vs Cilic...again have to side with Del Potro here.Cilic played an incredible match against Murray but is usually far more inconsistent.Del Potro disposed of Ferrero in straights which was a great win.His serve is consistent, and hits hard off both wings.Different opponent than Murray and I think he'll have far too mcuh consistency for Cilic. Nadal -1.5 sets over Gonzalez @ 4/7 Again feel chance to cash in on Rafa here.Gonzo will have to serve incredibly well throughout, and maybe win tie-breaks to make match close. I can see him doing this but over 5 sets Nadal should be too strong.Can't see him losing more than one set.

Re: Tennis: US Open Imho best thing to do is to forget handicaps and u/o bets from now on. Sure, i'm very confident about del potro but he might drop a set or even two, but he'll win. Also, Gonzo looked almost perfect vs Tsonga, Nadal getting better every match, regaining his match practice... It should surely be a huge match, lots of powerful forehands from both sides and log battle with probably Rafa as a winner. I was thinking about laying rafa at current odds but gave up, it's just wasting money IMO. Anyway, gl with your bets Gooner.

Re: Tennis: US Open Del Potro vs Cilic Del Potro to beat -1.5 sets handicap The two players are two brightest stars for the future. Del Potro is the youngest member of the top 10, whereas Cilic has returned to top form after the excellent start of the season was followed by the big downtrend in form. He overcame psychological barrier and reached his first Grand Slam semi-final after the perfect match against Murray. Del Potro matched his result from last year and this season has only proved his big quality. He is due to return to top 5 after this tournament, having slipped in the standings after the shock defeat at Wimbledon. The Argentine is obviously the favourite here but we shouldn’t underestimate the Croat, who has nothing to lose in this match. Del Potro is looking confident at US Open Del Potro has timed his form perfectly for this tournament after the shock elimination from Wimbledon. He defended the title in Washington and then played a very good Masters tournament in Montreal. The Argentine also made the right decision to skip Cincinnati in order to get some rest and that is already bearing fruit. He looks fresh and is playing great tennis, having lost just one set so far. Del Potro easily defeated Koeller, Ferrer, Melzer and Monaco, and he enters this match in good spirits. The Argentina exploded on the American Tour last season when he won a couple of tournaments and moved up some 50 places in the rankings. He kept the good position this season but couldn’t really match the top 4 players and would often get eliminated in the quarter-finals or the semis. This is a big chance for him as if he wins this match he would play Nadal, whose game suits him much better than Federer’s. Cilic lost to Del Potro at Australian Open That was a great match as the Croat was in excellent form. He came to the tournament after winning Chennai and the good start pf the season saw him start climbing the ATP standings. Cilic is now in the top 15 and he is definitely one to watch. He is a classic representative of the Croatian school of tennis as he is tall and has a very good serve. Being an attacking player, fast surfaces suit him best and he has a similar style of play to that of Del Potro. The Croat has made a big progress from last year when he was eliminated in the third round, and he defeated Sweeting, Levin (in five sets) and Istomin before trashing Murray. It is clear that he is raising his form as the tournament unfolds and this is a player who can beat practically everyone if his serve is in full working order. His plan is not to allow the opponent to break him, and he also have to be wary of Del Potro’s forehand. Cilic will have to make Del Potro run around the pitch and take risks as that is the only way for the Croat to win the match. Betting verdict In order to win the match, Cilic will have to repeat the performance from the match against Murray. That is going to be very difficult as young players tend to be very inconsistent, while according to what he has shown at this tournament, Del Potro could fight for the title here. This will not be an easy match for the Argentine but he often has an advantage over the opponents with similar style of play and we don’t think Cilic could surprise him with some new element of his game. You should back Del Potro to beat -1.5 set handicap as one set is all Cilic can do here. Source Freebetting.net (Link approved by Paul Ross)

Sport Tennis
Event Rafael Nadal v Fernando Gonzalez
Selection Rafael Nadal -2.5 sets
Strength 10/10
Date 10/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price VCBet @ 2.75 (Back)
Reasoning Big time Nadal tonight. So impressive against Monfils and looks like injury problems gone. Also it's very windy tonight and Nadal is unbelieveable in the wind. Gonzalez excellent against Tsonga but I think the match up really works for Nadal, especially in the wind and it should be comfortable.

Re: Tennis: US Open Yanina Wickmayer vs Caroline Wozniacki over 20 games @ 1.87 sportingbet jumping on early here as it looks great value Wozniacki looking very solid without being flash while Wickmayer is showing a lot of signs that she could be the Federer of womens tennis within a few years. Should be a very even matchup with even a 2 setter bound to at least push this line.

Sport Tennis
Event Serena Williams v Kim Clijsters
Selection Lay Kim Clijsters (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 11/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 3.35 (Lay)
Reasoning Excellent run so far by Clijsters, but cannot see it going any further. Head to head from when both were at top was excellent in Serenas favour and I cannot see it changing. Serena seems to be playing very well this tournament and mentally is the strongest out there.
Sport Tennis
Event Caroline Wozniacki v Yanina Wickmayer
Selection Yanina Wickmayer
Strength 10/10
Date 11/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 4.70 (Back)
Reasoning Already got outright on Wickmayer, but I really like her and I'm going for it! This is first grand slam semi final for both and could be a match full of nerves. Big pressure on Wozniacki as the big favourite and will be interesting to see how she handles it. Wickmayer probably had low expectations at the start, but she's on a roll and playing great. She's got a great story and I can see her in the final!
Sport Tennis
Event Dlouhy/Paes v Bhuparthi/Knowles
Selection Bhuparthi/Knowles
Strength 10/10
Date 11/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 2.10 (Back)
Reasoning Watched quite a bit of the doubles this tournament and I think Bhuparti/Knowles are the better pair. Dlouhy/Paes beat the Bryans which was excellent but I think they'll struggle here. Bhuparti/Knowles are moving great and playing with confidence, and I think they'll be able to expose Dlouhy as the weak link of the 4.

Re: Tennis: US Open Kim Clijsters vs Serena Williams So after ten days of action at the US Open, it all came down to four ladies in the semifinals. World's number 2 and the defending champion Serena Williams is the biggest favorite to win it all, after she cruised through the bottom half of the draw without losing a set. Truth be told, Serena's only serious opponent was Flavia Pennetta in the quarterfinals, but the American remained focused and allowed no upset in that match, 6-4 6-3. The only other remaining seed is world's number 8 Caroline Wozniacki, who finally put an empathic end to Melanie Oudin's run on Wednesday, beating the young sensation 6-2 6-2. Wozniacki will now have to face another talent in Yanina Wickmayer who is already living her dream with this Grand Slam semifinal appearance. Meanwhile, in a dream match, Serena will square off against the returning Kim Clijsters. Former world's number one has survived a very tough section of the draw, and eliminated three seeded players along the way, including Venus Williams. Serena and Clijsters have met eight times in the past, and the American is dominating 7:1. Serena is looking to defend her title from 2008 Serena Williams has won three out of last four Grand Slam tournaments (except for Roland Garros where she dropped out in the quarterfinals), and is the strongest favorite to take another trophy at the US Open. Serena already has three championship wins here, from 1999 (when she eliminated Clijsters early in the tournament), 2002 and 2008, as a part of her collection of 11 Grand Slam titles. A year ago Serena almost walked through the tournament, beating four seeded players, including three Top 10 opponents (Venus, Safina and Jankovic), without losing a set. Actually, except in the matches where she was eliminated, the American did not drop a set in a win on this tournament since 2001 (quarterfinals against Davenport). She came close in the third round this year, but eventually got the better of Martinez Sanchez, 7-5. Clijsters is back in Grand Slam semifinals After two and a half years, Kim Clijsters is back in a Grand Slam semifinals, for the first time since the Australian Open in 2007. The Belgian now has semifinals or better on her last six Grand Slam appearances, dating back to the US Open in 2005, when she eliminated Venus, Sharapova and Mary Pierce to claim her only title. Clijsters did not look as dominating as Serena on this tournament so far, but she played her best tennis when it mattered the most. In the second round, she dropped a set to Bartoli, but quickly regained momentum with 6-1 6-2 finish. And in the fourth round, she was not hampered by a strange start of the match against Venus (6-0 0-6) and made a crucial break in the third set to advance, 6-4. Clijsters is 0:7 on hard courts against Serena, but their last match was back in 2003. Also, four out of those seven encounters were close, and took three sets to resolve. Betting verdict It is hard to argue against Serena Williams on a Grand Slam stage, but Clijsters has worked too hard in recent months to simply fade away in this match. Source Freebetting.net (Link approved by Paul Ross)

Sport Tennis
Event Rafael Nadal v Juan Martin del Potro
Selection Juan Martin del Potro
Strength 10/10
Date 13/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.28 (Back)
Reasoning Very very tough match but I'm just liking del Potro. I think this is his time. Nadal has asked to be first on, possible to give more time rest for final for these guys or possible he think it'll be better for his injury. Very important for Nadal he finished Gonzalez quickly yesterday. Del Potro has had some time off since good performance against Cilic after very poor start. He can't afford to start like that against Nadal. This year it is 2-1 to del Potro on head 2 headon hard courts. But best of 5 sets very different. I think this match very close, so take the outsider.

Tip Detail
Sport Tennis
Event Roger Federer v Novak Djokovic
Selection Roger Federer -5.5 games
Strength 10/10
Date 13/09/2009
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.90 (Back)
Reasoning Djokovic has mixed some average tennis with some excellent this tournament. Any slip here and Federer will dominate. Federer was awesome first 2 sets against Soderling and playing like that he should take at least 1 set very easily. Federer should win in 3 or 4 sets and I expect him to do one set easily so handicap looks good.

Re: Tennis: US Open Juan Martin Del Potro @ 2.20 Paddy Power Short turn-around for Nadal who is struggling a bit with form, fitness and top class opposition. He's lost to Djokovic and Del Potro in straight sets recently and on the faster US Hard courts I think Del Potro has the circumstances and talent to make his first Grand Slam Final.

Re: Tennis: US Open Nadal over Del Potro @ 8/11 (Coral) Got to side with Nadal here at this price.Just like the Monfils match, I cannot see Rafa losing 3 sets here.Del Potro is one of my faves and really would like to see him win but think Nadal takes this. Nadal holds a 4-2 h2h record over JMDP, losing the last two on hardcourts in Miami and Montreal.Clearly JMDP has the game to win against Nadal. He is serving better:bigger and more consistently which is a huge bonus.Also hits hard and deep off both wings which is a huge plus against Nadal. Against Gonzo(and Federer for that matter) Rafa peppers the weaker backhand.Serves out there and continually batters it during rallies.Not as easy against JMDP as he hits two-handed BH and is taller giving him an advantage against the heavy topspin forehands Nadal uses.So Nadal will be looking to hit hard to both wings and move Del Potro around to create space, might see some net play from Nadal aswell and drop shots to bring JMDP out of his comfort zone. If there is one area JMDP is not great in, its his movement.Pretty good for a big man and has improved in this respect but Nadal will be looking at exposing any weakness.Needs plenty of variety in his play to do this.Another thing favouring Nadal is his big match temperament.The guy is a winner and knows mentally he can go the distance - while JMDP is destined to be a champion in my view, maybe not right now.He can get sluggish in long matches like at RG against Federer where he outplayed him for two sets but couldnt keep it up.Think this will be tight and while Rafa's serve is a worry, I still think he can takes this. Small bet. GL!

Re: Tennis: US Open ok now that all the grand slam hysteria is nearly over, some tips 4 tomorro!!dont have time to go into thinkin behind them im afraid!! first off, yjchan against johannson at 4-6 with boyles!! secondly, kc chang against spears at 1-2 but she's gonna win! jm aranguran at 1-2 against petrazuollo with paddy powers!really fancy hime! mattek against lepchenko at 8-11 with p[owers also! hseih against yan at 6-5!really fancy that one! sevastova is good value at d 1-2! dolgopolov at evens 2 beat martin! maybe scheepers at 8-11!! and finally dubois at 5-2 is great value 2 beat safarova!1 i reckon if all those bets r put on singly u have 2 come out in profit!!but u'll just need 2 have a lot of money behind ya i guess!!good luck!1hope del potro can make a match of this!!!